Chapter Twelve

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ah, I can't skip school everyday!" I said. Yixing and I were back on the couch, holding hands but there was still a lot of space between us. 

"You skipped school that day... When you came to Tae Joon hyung's house." Yixing pouted. He had been trying for the last hour to convince me to go on a date with him tomorrow. 

"That was a one time thing." 

"Why? If you've done it once, you can do it twice." I made a face at that. How hard is it to understand? 

"It was because of a bucket list I made a few months back." I mumbled. "Now that it's been crossed off, I don't really want to do it again." 

"What bucket list?" He poked me. "Tell me about it." 

Another five minutes of poking and I had to explain those five things to him. Well, actually four. I left out the bit about my ity. I'm not sure why. 

"So you wanna learn how to ride a bike?" He asked when I was done. I nodded and he continued. "I can teach you." 

"Really? When?" I had been aching for so long to learn to drive, car or even a scooter. It didn't matter. But my Mom thought it was too dangerous. She would always say things like, "I'll teach you after your college entrance exams" or "If you hurt yourself while driving, how will you sit for tests?" 

Yixing's face lit up with a mischievous grin. "How about tomorrow?" 

I grinned back. "After school? When are you free?" 

"No, not after." Oh no. There he goes. "During school hours. Skip classes. It's boring anyway." 

"It's not just classes." I thought up another excuse. "I have... singing practice." 

Yixing shifted closer and planted a kiss on the tip of my nose. "Like my baby needs to practice. You're perfect already." 

I was pretty sure my ears were as red as tomatoes by now and my jaw was somewhere on the floor. The D.O voice popped up in my head. 

Ya, he's not your baby! He's Chanyeol's baby!

To which the Jong Dae voice replied. 

He's a man. Namja! Namja! Not a baby. 

I ignored the voice and punched Yixing playfully. "I still have to go." 

"Please." He was doing the puppy dog eyes thingy and my heart was doing all sorts of cartwheels. I didn't have to reply because his phone chimed. He took it out of his pockets and checked whatever message it was. "Uh, I guess I'll have to go now." 

"Oh, okay." I followed him to the door and waited as he put on his shoes. He was almost out of the door when he turned around abruptly and kissed me full on the mouth. I was taken aback by the sheer force of it but I didn't push him away. 

11 seconds later, he pulled away, grinned at me and said, "Lee Ji Hoon's house at 7 in the morning. I'll pick you up from there." 
And with that he was gone. 


I spent a lot of last night, tossing and turning in my bed. I wondered if I should go. I did remember the way to Ji Hoon's house but what if I got caught anyway? Would Ji Hoon know I was gonna be there? Would I have to jump a fence or something? 

I spent all that time worrying for nothing. Apparently Yixing had told Ji Hoon that I would be there so when I got to his house the next morning, he was waiting outside, a huge jacket over his pajamas, teeth chattering loudly. Even if I was probably inconveniencing him, he still greeted me with a smile and a fist bump.

"Yo, man." He said burying his hands into his pockets. "Wassup. Yixing's waiting out, by the way." 

I followed him to the back yard and through the gate I saw Yixing, leaning against a black gleaming bike, a lit cigarette in his hand. 

"Morning, Baek." He grinned and planted a kiss on my cheek. I glared at him instead. 

"Put out the cigarette, Yixing." I crossed my arms. "It's nauseating." 

He chuckled softly and dropped the cigarette, crushing it with his shoe. I scrunched up my nose but not wanting to sound like a nagging girlfriend, I let it pass. Thankfully, Yixing had a spare helmet that wasn't pink. Blue wasn't any better but what can you do. 

I climbed up behind him and held onto the sides of his jacket. He glanced behind briefly, grabbed my hands and pulled them so that they were now wrapped around his waist and my face pressed to his back. 

I let out a strangled yelp and felt his body shake with laughter. "I don't want you falling off the bike, babe. Thanks, Ji Hoon. See you later." 

Babe. I wanted to tell him not to call me that. It felt a bit weird. Like I was a pretty dolled up girl. I frowned but I didn't shift. 

"Where are we going?" I said. 

"There's this place near Tae Joon hyung's house." He shouted back. "The roads are pretty much deserted so you can learn. Not a lot of traffic, you see." 

Fifteen minutes later, he turned off from the highway and unlike the last time I was here, there were two middle aged women jogging. Other than that it was deserted. He slowed down a couple of minutes later and I got down. Then he did too. The key was still in the ignition and he gestured at me to get on. I swallowed nervously and said, "What if I fall?" 

He winked playfully. "I'll catch you." 

I took in a deep breath and awkwardly climbed on and grabbed the handle. Yixing pointed out the numerous parts of the bike and their functions. I tried to follow as best as I could. He told me how to kick start but apparently, I didn't have enough strength to do it. 

"You can just auto start," he told me, stifling a smile. I pouted and then did what he told me to. "Now you're not going to be to balance it right away, and you'll have trouble turning the h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter