Chapter Twenty

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byun Baekhyun really was something. I wasn't sure what to make of him.

He stood first in school. Always. Like really, no one even bothered checking anymore. You'd think he was a super studious kid who was really polite and really boring.

He was not.

He had so many different sides to him, and I had only ever talked to him twice.

But that wasn't what made me want to talk to him more and get to know him better.

It was that smile. That damned smile.

 

I didn't regret inviting Baekhyun to my house. Not until he picked up Sandara's call. I had explicitly told him that I had a girlfriend but now, for some reason I didn't want him to know I had a girlfriend. I didn't want him to know that I was already dating someone.

I wanted him to think I was available. So I decided to break up with Sandara.

And Baekhyun helped?

Well, it only helped me so much.

I couldn't stop thinking about him. The way he had moaned. His expressions as that heavenly sound left his lips. I had told him it hadn't , but confession time.

I lied.

I was going crazy thinking what it would feel like to run my hands all over his body. To kiss him somewhere he had never been kissed before. To hear him moan again. To hear him scream my name.

Byun Baekhyun wasn't good for my health.

 

It made me super happy to see Baekhyun sticking up for me in front of that guy. They were outside the dance room and I could see how worked up he was.

It made me feel happy that he cared enough to do this.

He looked so fierce. So strong.

I knew now what Byun Baekhyun was.

Amazing. He was truly and utterly amazing.

 

I was only using the bucket list as an excuse to get closer to Baekhyun. Literally.

I don't think I can ever forget how amazing it felt like when he was sitting behind me on the motorbike. His hands clutching at my jacket. The way he would shout his words out. How cute he looked with that pink helmet.

And.

He looked freakin adorable and y at the same time, wearing my hoodie. It was obviously huge on him but it made me think things.

Ugh. He's so cute and don't even get me started on his lips. He talks and I want to kiss them. He smiles and I want to kiss them. He does literally anything and I want to kiss them!

It killed me to introduce him to Yixing and the others. I wanted him all to myself.

But that was childish and Baek wasn't an object.

He was so soft though. His cheeks looked so soft. His hair looked so soft. And his lips... Okay. Not going there again.

I loved that look he had whenever I held his hand. His ears went a little red. A half smile crept its way onto his face. And his eyes... Brown eyes were never my favorite until I saw his.

 

Baekhyun was soft and warm. When I had pulled him on to the bed with me, I swear I had completely innocent intentions. I just wanted him to rest. It bothered me to see him rub his eyes every other minute. He seemed too exhausted to be standing. But when I woke up, my head was down in the gutter.

Even though it was a sweet moment, I couldn't help but feel greedy. Baekhyun's hand was on my cheek. My head on his chest. I could feel the rise and fall of his chest. I could hear his heart beating. I could hear my own heart thumping loudly. I wanted to wrap my arms around him and tug him closer.

Of course I couldn't.

Sometimes I wondered if Baekhyun knew how much he affected me, and if he was doing all of this on purpose.

If so, then he was evil.

I was hopelessly in love with him, anyway.

 

Baekhyun's voice was amazing.

Ethereal.

Watching him play the piano. Listening to him sing. Feeling him shift closer to me, until our shoulders were pressed together, made me forget for a while.

Everything that was going on with Dara. And school.

And Dad.

He made me feel alive.


Baekhyun was dating Yixing and there is nothing anyone could have said to me that hurt as much as it did.


"Are you really doing this?" Sandara was crying. She had been doing that quite a lot lately but this time, I was the reason. "Why?"

"Because I don't love you, Dara." I sighed. There was no way I could sugar coat it. I didn't want to say stuff about how we weren't compatible or anything.

"You love Baekhyun."

"It's not about him. I don't want to be in a relationship that's meaningless and-"

She shoved at me hard and screamed, "Meaningless? It was all meaningless to you, Chanyeol?"

"Dara-"

"You don't deserve me, you know?" She stepped inside her house, her hand resting on the door, ready to slam it. "And I hope Baekhyun realises what a douchebag you are before I did."

And BANG!

I stood there, unmoving until my phone vibrating in my pocket shook me out of my stupor.

It was Luhan.

"Chanyeol, where are you?"

"Da-"

"Get to Heechul hyung's house right now!"

"What's up?"

"Baekhyun's in trouble."

"WHAT? What happened?"

"Chaerin is giving him a drink... he took... Yixing."

"Luhan?" I started running down the stairs, my mind imagining the worst.

Chaerin's drinks were bad news. Even I had never tried one. There's no way Baekhyun had willingly taken it from her.

It took me two minutes to get to Heechul hyung's house. The speakers were blaring so loudly. And my heart was thumping in my chest, along with it. I couldn't hear and for a moment, I couldn't think. What was Baekhyun doing alone in a place like this?

I headed straight to the kitchen. That's where most of the drinking took place. Only Baekhyun wasn't there. I could see the guys arguing. Seeing that smirk plastered on Yixing's face almost made me walk over to punch him but then I remembered. Baekhyun was more important.

Where was he anyway?

I decided to check the other rooms. He couldn't have left. Not unless he had taken that drink.

I forced myself to move, trying to open the first door to the left of the kitchen. It was locked. I tried again but it wouldn't budge.

I tried the next and it swung open. It was a bunch of guys from Jeong Guk playing video games.

"Hey, Chanyeol! Come on and pl-"

I shut the door behind me as I moved to the last room. Heechul's bedroom. It was off-limits for everyone. No one other than Heechul and Kyuhyun was allowed inside.

I hesitated for a moment. Casting around a look, making sure no one would notice if I slipped in, I turned the knob.

"Ya, who is it?" Heechul shouted and I almost ran back outside. "Go away."

"I'm so-" A moan interrupted me. "Baekhyun?"

"Hmmf."

"What the hell, Chanyeol?" Heechul stood up and I saw Baekhyun sprawled underneath. His shirt was lying on the floor a few feet from where I stood. "Get out. I'll let you have him once I'm do-"

I don't know what took over me next. I would never ever hit a senior. In any situation. Heechul was the jjang when he was in school. And he was famous. Even Sekang kids knew him.

The punch landed exactly where I had intended. Heechul crouched down, clutching at his nose, groaning while I grabbed Baekhyun's shirt. He wasn't asleep but his eyes were blank. They didn't light up with recognition when he saw me. I felt my throat tighten but I helped him sit up.

"Chanyeol, get out of my house." Heechul muttered from behind me. I whipped around and I saw him leaning against the wall, holding a white towel to his face. I had been expecting him to hit me back but he was giving me time to leave. "I give you a minute. Don't show up in front of me again or else..."

I nodded and forced Baekhyun to put on the shirt. He was completely out of it and it was going to be a tough job getting him home.

I saw Luhan and Suho outside, but I ignored them and walked away.

I was too ashamed to face anyone.

And scared.

Scared that Baekhyun would leave me.

 

Baekhyun sat hunched over his notebook scribbling furiously in it. It's because he wrote so fast that his handwriting was almost illegible.

But it was quite amazing actually. How he had been drugged last night and his priority was still his homework. I wish I was half as dedicated to any of my work as he was. He had given me his biology textbook but all I had done was look at his tiny notes and doodles at the corner of the pages.

I tried to read a few pages while Baekhyun finished his work. But my eyes always found their way back to him. The way he twirled his pencil between his fingers. How he was lowly humming a song that I'm pretty sure came out when my mom was in high school. The nape of his neck was so cute.

He was so cute.

Ugh. I wanted to kiss him.

 

Baekhyun was an angel.

No really.

He was. He could walk into a room and make everything seem better. His smile was so bright. He was so bright. And soft.

My hands just found excuses to touch him. I couldn't help it! I would tell myself not to but a second later, I was tucking a lock of his hair behind his ear.

He was the best.

Singing with him in the school festival had to be the highlight of my life so far. Actually no.

The highlight was kissing him in front of everyone. Even though it was impulsive and I had done it to shut him up, seeing his expressions afterward had been so worth it.

Performing with him had been so worth it.

Going to the noraebang with him had been so worth it.

Approaching him all those days ago when he had been kicked out of his Mom's cafe had been so worth it.

 

"Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter