Chapter Seven

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We reached Woozi's house about ten minutes before school got over. Woozi's parents weren't home so he invited us into the house but Chanyeol refused. To be honest, I didn't want to go home. I wanted to spend more time with Chanyeol but Chanyeol insisted we go home.

"How about ice cream?" I asked.

"You'll catch a cold." I frowned. It seemed as if he wanted to get rid of me or something. 

Actually no. He just wanted to go home. I got off at my floor and he followed me out of the elevator. Was he just seeing me to the door or did he want to come in? I didn't say anything when he entered the house. 

He'd taken off his shoes and was stretching in the living room, yawning when I asked. 

"What do you wanna do?" 

"Sleep." He mumbled, rubbing his eyes. "Sleep sounds good. You should call someone from your class and ask about the homework, though." 

"You can go sleep in your own bedroom, you know." 

"But you'll get all lonely and sad without me." He grinned and I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine." I lead him to my bedroom. I really don't know why but it felt weird having him in my bedroom. I didn't have a lot of friends over and whenever D.O came to visit, we'd hang out in the living room. 

Chanyeol did a small survey of my room. There was a huge mess of books on my study table and there were some on the bed as well. I shrugged off my bag and collected the books from the bed, dumping them on the table. 

Chanyeol had his eyebrows raised and the hint of a smile on his lips. "I don't think I've seen so many books at the school library." 

"Shush. Just sleep or whatever. I'm gonna go call D.O." 

I dialled D.O's number as I walked into the kitchen and filled two glasses of water. D.O picked up on the second ring. I balanced the phone between my shoulder and ear and carefully took the two glasses back to my bedroom. I almost dropped them in shock. Chanyeol was taking off his pants. 

"Baekhyun?" D.O said when he picked up.

 I could only splutter. Chanyeol smirked at my reaction and took the glasses from me. "Like what you see?" 

I huffed and ran out of the room. 

"Hey, D.O-" 

"Why weren't you at school today? Sick or something?" 

"No, I-" I could tell D.O, right. "-yeah. Stomach ache." I'm not sure exactly why I lied. Maybe because D.O didn't approve of Chanyeol? 

"Oh. You okay now?" He asked. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I was already feeling guilty about lying. Should I come clean? "Anything happened at school?" 

"The usual. I'm still near the school, by the way. Do you want me to come give you the homework sheets?" Crap. If D.O came home and saw Chanyeol, he'd definitely throw a fit, and then Chanyeol would throw a fit and I'd be the one caught in the middle.

"Where are you, right now? I'll come get it." 

"But you're not feeling well." D.O answered. "Plus your Mom. I'm coming over. Five minutes. Cool?" 

But before I could answer, he had hung up. I frowned and went back into my bedroom. 

"Hey, Baek." Chanyeol was sitting on the bed, shirt ed. "Can I have my sweatshirt back? It's a pain sleeping in that uniform." 

My face was red. Seriously, is Chanyeol doing all this on purpose? I glared at him as I took off his sweatshirt and threw it, aiming for his face. He laughed, took off his shirt and slipped on his sweatshirt. 

"Baek, I wanted to ask you something." Chanyeol's arm shot forward and he grabbed my hand, pulling me closer. 

I could only manage a "Hmmm?" I didn't trust myself to speak coherent sentences. 

"Did you have fun today?" What's with the puppy eyes. He was still sitting and I was standing, so he was looking up at me and can we all just agree that Park Chanyeol has the most gorgeous eyes? 

"Yeah, I guess. I was so worried about skipping school but I'm glad we did it." 

"Really?" He was smiling now. "And you- uh, I mean, you'll catch up with the school work, right? I mean your grades won't be affected?"

I laughed softly. "I don't know. It's really hard to make up for one whole day." 

Chanyeol groaned and burried his head in my shirt. "Seriously, Baekhyun. I don't want to-" 

"You're not. It's okay. I'll study three hours extra today. Don't worry about my grades." 

Chanyeol pulled away, his eyes wide. "Three hours extra? But what about sleep?" 

He. Is. So. ing. Cute. 

"I'll sleep on Saturday?" 

"Yeah and zombie walk the rest of the day tomorrow." 

"Aish. You worry more than my Mom." I mussed up his hair with my free hand when the bell rang.

"Should I leave?"

"Nah. It's just D.O." Chanyeol nodded and let go of my hand. 

The moment I opened the door, D.O started talking. Like no 'hello' or anything. Just his bla bla about school. 

"Classes are so boring without you and Soo Ji ate my head off during the break. Said I absolutely had to convince you to perform in the school festival." He rolled his eyes but almost immediately narrowed them when he saw me. Or specifically, my clothes. "Why are you wearing your uniform?" 

"I- uh. Got ready for school but then decided not to go." 

"And you didn't get time to change out of your clothes?" His arms were crossed over his chest. "Baekhyun, tell me the truth. Now." 

"Promise you won't hit me." 

"You know I can't promise you that." 

I groaned. "I skipped school." 

D.O was quiet for a moment and then he went and sat down on the couch. "Where did you go?" 

"Chanyeol took me to a senior's place who used to go to Jeong Guk." 

"I don't know what should worry me more. That you went with Chanyeol or that you're hanging out with Jeong Guk kids." 

"It's all your fault." I went and plopped down next to him. "If you didn't mention the bucket list last night, then Chanyeol wouldn't have found out about it and then kidnapped me this morning." 

"Oh so it's my fault? Or is it Chanyeol's?" D.O's angry voice was worse than his punches. "Admit it, Byun. You skipped school because you wanted to. And you lied to me about it because you wanted to." 

"I was scared you'd hit me." I mumbled back. "I'm sorry." 

"It's okay." He nodded and ped his bag. "But don't hang out with Jeong Guk kids. Most of them are druggies." 

I rolled my eyes. "I can resist such temptation, D.O. This guy offered me a cigarette and I refused." 

"Good boy." D.O patted my head and then took out my homework sheets. "Do you know how to copy your Mom's signature?" 

"Why?"

"You need a fake note, right?" 

"Did a teacher say anything?" 

"No but Mr. Kim would still ask for a note." He thought for a minute. "I'm good at copying signatures. Do you have an old test paper or something?" 

"Yeah, in my room."

And he got up and bounded into my room. . No. Come back.

"What are you doing here?" I heard D.O's voice as I entered the room. 

Chanyeol was sitting up in his bed, hair messed up and a frown on his face. "Dude, I was almost asleep." 

D.O turned to me, his eyes narrowed to slits. I just shrugged and went to the study table. 

"D.O, sit down. Chanyeol, go back to sleep." 

Chanyeol huffed and a second later his head disappeared under the sheets. I looked around for a signed test paper and found one on my book shelf. I handed it over to D.O along with a notebook and a pen so he could practice. While he scribbled away, I took out a plain sheet and wrote down my excuse about how I had a severe stomach ache. D.O read the note, nodded once and signed at the bottom. 

"We have a Physics test tomorrow, by the way. Waves and oscillations." D.O said and got up. "I should head home. Gotta study for that." 

"Sure, then. See you tomorrow." I followed him till the door. He turned to me, his face solemn and a tad bit worried. 

"Baekhyun, be careful, okay?" I tried to look confused. Like I wasn't sure what he was talking about but we both knew he was talking about Chanyeol.

 


I ended up pulling an all nighter. I was still hunched over my Physics notes when Mom came to wake me up in the morning. She smiled sympathetically and didn't bug me to have my breakfast. Just placed a strong cup of coffee in front of me. It was still hot so I wasted seven minutes just drinking it. I would have to run all the way to school. I almost expected Chanyeol to be waiting outside my door but I didn't see him on the way or during the assembly. I was sort of di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter