EPILOGUE PART ONE

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Baekhyun."

I hummed, not opening my eyes. I knew I had to get up and start on my Chemistry assignment. It was due in two days. 

"Ah, how long are you gonna sleep?" Chanyeol muttered, poking my cheek. 

"Five more minutes." I said. "Not my fault you're such a comfortable pillow." 

I heard him chuckle softly, and the next moment his lips were on mine. 

My eyes flew open, as he pulled away, a huge grin plastered on his face

"Ya!" I hit him slightly on the chest. He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer, so that I was completely pressed against him. "Whaaa- I can't breathe, Chanyeol!"

"You're so cute!" He said, loosening his hold on me. I rolled away, lying down on my back and he shifted closer. "Have you finished your Chemistry stuff?"

"Haven't started." I closed my eyes. "You?"

"We have a quiz."

"Right. Next Wednesday. Lucky." I muttered. We were silent for a minute, after which I turned to my side, burying my face in his chest. 

"Hey! Don't go back to sleep." He said even though he was rubbing circles on my back, which he knew made me sleepy. 

"You're comfy." I said. "And I love you."

"That's cheating." He said, sitting up. I made whiny noises but he didn't even look at me. "Get up. Your Mom will kill you."

"You'll come save me."

"Lol, no, I'll be out faster than you can say soju."

"Hmmpf. No, don't go." I said, sitting up and wrapping my hands around him from the back, my head resting on his shoulder. "Speaking of soju, do you wanna go drinking?"

"Wow, are you asking me for real?" He smiled and I nodded. "We have school tomorrow. I'll just get you some coffee right now."

"No coffee!"

"Lemon tea?"

"Yes, you're the best! I love you."

Chanyeol laughed, his hand caressing my cheek. "That's twice in one conversation. Do you have any ulterior motives?"

"Duh. Lemon tea."

Chanyeol laughed and turned around, pecking me on the lips, and I couldn't keep the huge grin off my face.

"What are you doing on Saturday?"

"I have cram school." I sighed. "From eight in the morning."

"Till?"

"Two.."

"Isn't it four hours usually?"

"I have a mock test actually. I have to go to the Seoul centre too. So effectively I'm free after three." I said. He was pouting and looked visibly upset. "Why? Did you have something planned?"

He gave me a blank look. 

"Yes, Baekhyun." He said, slowly. "I did have things planned for your birthday."

I blinked twice. 

"Birthday. Right." I nodded. "I'm free after three."

"Really?" He said. "You're really free? Promise?"

"Yeah. I have Sunday off so I can spare some time for you."

"Wow, I'm glad." I chuckled. "No, I'm really glad." 

He pressed his lips to mine and kissed me so hard, I forgot all about Mom, assignments, cram school and birthday plans. All that mattered was Chanyeol and his lips and Chanyeol's hand-

A knock at the door made him pull away and stand up, his hand resting on my head, ruffling my hair in the process. 

"I'll go see who it is."

I glanced at the clock. It was probably Mom. Who else would come visit this late.. other than Chanyeol himself of course.

A few months ago, Chanyeol would have left an hour before my Mom was supposed to be home. He was that scared of her. But she had warmed up to him now.

Reason?

Well, I can't say for sure but I think it had something to do with his final exam grades. Chanyeol had taken my notes, we had studied together and I had helped him out with the topics that he had missed. When the results came out, the teachers were surprised, his Mom was surprised, the entire school- even Chanyeol hadn't expected to see his name in the top twenty. 

He wasn't skipping school at all now. Suho told me it was because Heechul had supposedly banned him from Taejoon's house but whatever. He wasn't going to cram school, but did go through my books sometimes. 

Hey, maybe we might end up at SNU together!

The thought of college really scared me. What if I didn't get into a SKY university? I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter