Chapter Eight

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dance practice the next day was uneventful, but it was exhausting. I had gone to sleep early last night and I doubted I'd be able to last today without coffee. As we finished our practice, Mrs. Ahn called me aside, along with Taemin, Jong In and Yoona. 

"The dance club is going to put up two performances this time." She started and I felt my shoulders go stiff with tension. The other three exchanged excited looks. "And I was wondering if you guys would want to do a solo." 

"Definitely!" Taemin was grinning and so were the others. 

Mrs. Ahn returned his smile. "I'm going to choose someone out of the four of you." No. This isn't happening. "I'll monitor your practise for the next couple of days and then decide. So don't slack off." 

As the three bowed with an enthusiastic "We won't disappoint.", I stayed back to talk to Mrs. Ahn. 

"Ma'am, I don't think I'll be very good for the solo." To be honest, the others were better dancers than me. I was only in the dance club for extra credit. 

"Baekhyun, I know this is a first for you but you have a charm that's very different from others." I had no clue what charm she was talking about. "You're a quick learner and you are very hard working. I believe you can pull this off." 

I frowned. It was kind of a waste to argue with her. Not that I had any experience arguing with teachers anyway. "Ma'am, I was wondering if you could sign a note for me." She arched her eyebrows. "Saying that I have to stay back from school for practice. My Mom wouldn't believe if I told her." I mumbled the last part. So the entire student population knew my mother was strict. I didn't want the teachers knowing as well.

"Not a problem, Baekhyun." Mrs. Ahn said with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "I'll give to you on Monday but..." Wow. There's a but. "You have to dance like you really want that solo." 

"But I don't want the solo." I muttered. What I wanted was that note. Thankfully, she didn't hear the last bit and dismissed me. 

Since it was only the dance club that had extra practice today, it was almost empty at the gates. Normally, we had to push and shove our way out. I smiled and waved at the guard standing at the gates as I left. I was kind of tired and was looking forward to going back to my bed. And then maybe hang out with Chanyeol later. 

But all thoughts of sleeping were shoved out of my head when I saw Yixing waiting outside the school, in a blue sweater and jeans that screamed boyfriend material. It seemed that he was waiting for me because his whole face lit up with a smile when he saw me. Also the fact that he said, "Hey, I've been waiting ages" sort of gave it away.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting to see you." 

He pouted and said. "But I told you yesterday!" 

"And I texted you about the house arrest?" He hadn't read the message. 

"Oh, I don't use my phone a lot." He shrugged then grabbed my hand. "Anyway, let's go somewhere else. Can't risk a teacher seeing me here." 

"Look, I can't. I didn't tell my Mom I had practice. She thinks I'm at home." I began to explain. "I'm sorry but I have to go back before she finds out." 

"How would she find out?" He was still holding my hand. 

"Her shop's right outside and the entire staff recognises me." 

Yixing nodded and thought for a second. "It's okay if you don't leave the colony?" 

"I-uh..." Mom had said she wouldn't be home for lunch so I didn't have to worry about her coming home while I was out. 

"Please?" Now he was looking at me with those puppy eyes. "I won't take a lot of your time. I was really looking forward to hanging out with you." 

"One hour?" I too didn't like the idea of Yixing coming all the way here, waiting for me and then going back just like that. I was already feeling a little bad. "I'll treat you to ice cream."

He gave me another one those smiles that made me forget that breathing was important for survival. Man, I could look at his face for hours. 

Yixing did most of the talking as we made our way to the departmental store. He had let go of my hand and was telling me about a movie he saw last week. When we entered the store, I headed to the section where they kept the ice cream. 

"Which one do you want?" I asked Yixing and he took out a chocolate cornetto. I thought for a second and reached for a strawberry vanilla cup. 

"You like strawberry?" He asked as we moved to the billing counter. 

"It's my second favourite." We were about to get in the line when I saw the chocolate stand and wondered if Chanyeol would want some. I decided to get two bars since I was hoping to see him after this. 

"Favourite is chocolate?" Yixing asked noticing the chocolate bars in my hand. 

"Oh, no. These are for Chanyeol. My favourite is black currant but they only sell those in fancy ice-cream parlours." 

Yixing grinned at me and squeezed my hand. "Next time we'll go to a fancy one then." 

I don't know what made me more nervous. The fact that he would just casually hold my hand like we were dating or the thought that there was going to be a next time. An inner voice that sounded a lot like D.O piped up. 

Chanyeol holds your hands as well. You don't mind that.

To which another voice answered and I swear to God, it sounded like Kim Jong Dae. 

Well, that's different. He wouldn't mind if Chanyeol straight up kissed him.

The D.O voice hissed and the two started arguing. Something about my virtue and which one out of Chanyeol and Yixing looked hotter. Wah! I'm going crazy. 
I shook my head and turned to Yixing. We were at the front of the line and he was taking out his wallet t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter