Chapter One

Cheap Thrills
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"BYUN BAEKHYUN! Your alarm has been going on for the last 20 minutes," I heard my mother shout from the kitchen. I had been happily ignoring the alarm, hoping Mom would let me skip school and sleep away. Apparently not. "Just wake up already."

"Hmmm..." I moaned. 

"Get up or you'll be late!" Does her voice get whinier in the morning? I was awake now but my eyelids were still glued shut. They felt so heavy. Maybe I could fall back asleep. For five more minutes.

"BAEKHYUN!" Mom literally, screeched. She was in my room now and I shot up, legs tangling in my sheets, brushing my hair out of my face. 

"I'm up." I got out of bed and stretched. "I'm up. Chill."

"Get ready. And fast. I don't want you to miss breakfast." With a threatening look passed in my direction, she was out of my room and back in the kitchen.

I glanced a look at the watch on my bedside table. I had exactly 17 minutes to get ready for school. 20 if I was willing to run all the way there. I decided not to take a shower. It was winter anyway. 

15 minutes later I was tugging on my socks and making my way into the living room. Cereal and milk. That's the breakfast she didn't want me to miss. Ugh.

"Where's your tie?" 

"In my bag."

"Clean your room when you come back home."

"You made me clean it just last week."

"It smelled like a rat died in there."

I sighed. "Fine. Will you be home for lunch?"

"No. I'll cook dinner, though."

My Mom was the owner of a coffee shop that was a 10 minute walk from our house, so sometimes she would come home for lunch. Sometimes meaning once or twice in a month. My parents got divorced when I was in middle school and since then it's been just the two of us. Dad moved to a different city and we rarely talked. 

My Mom and I live on the third floor of an apartment. It's in a pretty cool locality and my school is a couple of streets down. Lucky for when I sleep in. Like today.
I downed my breakfast as quickly as I could, without choking. Then I grabbed my bag and slipping on my shoes, rushed out of the door. Breakfast had cut into my leisurely walk time and I'd have to run if I wanted to get to school before the tardy bell. 

I rushed to the elevator and pressed the button. It was on the 4th floor. As the down arrow lit up, I fished my tie out of the bag. I threw it around my neck and began working on the knot when the elevator door pinged open.

I was kind of absorbed into my tie that I walked headfirst into something- someone. 

"Can't you watch where you're walking, midget?" 

Damn it. 

Of all the people, I could've walked in on making out in the elevator, it had to be Park Chanyeol. 

Wait a minute. Making out. My eyes widened when I saw his girlfriend behind him. Her shirt was ed and I could see her black laced bra very clearly. I felt my face grow hot and for a second I couldn't look away; couldn't move.

"Hey, you ert!" his girlfriend shrieked. "What are you looking at."

I think I mumbled something. I don't remember what.

All I remember was Park Chanyeol shoving me so hard, I stumbled back a few steps. That was enough to send me running out of the elevator. Before the door even pinged close, I started to rush down the stairs. 

Right. I was late for school. I managed to run fast enough that I arrived before the second bell rang. Once inside the school gates, I slowed my pace, my heart hammering in my chest. 

I managed to slip into class exactly two seconds before the teacher did. I made my way to the seat and heard Mr. Kim's nasal voice.

"Late again, eh Baekhyun?"

"Sorry, sir." I mumbled as I slid into my seat behind D.O. who raised his eyebrows. Yeah that's how the cool kids greeted each other. They acknowledged you with their eyebrows. It was weird. I preferred to smile.

The day dragged on pretty much the same way it did almost every other day. Teachers came and went. Lunch was uneventful as well. So when the bell for dismissal went off, I rushed out of my seat. D. O. was going on about some guys he was going to hang out with after school. 

"You should come." he said at some point in the conversation. 

"You know I can't. My mum would find out."

"Really? Is it that bad with her?"

"Du

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter