Chapter 7; Full moon

A place to Belong

On the night of full moon, Dr. Lee and VIXX took Jieun out to a green area where it would be possible for her to run freely. She went behind some trees, undressed and put everything in a bag before she Shifted and trotted back to the car. When Dr. Lee caught sight of her, he exclaimed “wauw, I didn’t know Wolves could be completely white.” She looked at him before huffing, like saying well, I am.

To begin with, Jieun was just walking next to them, but as she realized that they wouldn’t hold her back, she began moving further from them and became more and more playful. VIXX was strolling and chit-chatting when Jieun suddenly came from behind and knocked Hongbin over. The others instinctively flexed their muscles, but Jieun didn’t notice them, instead she bowed playfully in front of Hongbin. When he didn’t react, Jieun lay down flat on the ground with a small whimper. His face brightened with understanding as he gave her a small smile and said; “you just want to play, don’t you?” He barely finished talking before she was back on her feet, wagging her tail and tongue hanging out, so the seven vampires laughed.

Soon they had a game going where Jieun would jump out of the brushes, nip one of the boys on the leg or hand and then they would try to grab her tail before she disappeared.

Jieun had just disappeared after ‘biting’ Leo when the vampires suddenly heard the sound of growling wolves from her direction. They rushed after her, and reached her just as a brown wolf attacked her. VIXX was about to run forward to help her, but Dr. Lee held his arms up in front of them and said “DON’T!” When he sensed their confusion, he lowered his arms and said; “don’t interfere.” Before he sighed, turned his attention to Jieuns fight and said; “otherwise she will always be an Omega.”

VIXX definitely did not like to be degraded to spectators, but Jieun quickly recovered from the surprise, and soon she was the one dominating. Ravi smirked and said; “well, she looks like she can hold her own.” But the words had barely left his lips before a big black wolf showed up, bit into her leg and tore her away before it placed itself between Jieun and the brown wolf with a dark growl at the same time as five other wolves emerged from between the trees. Jieun tried to get up, but an agonizing yelp escaped her jaws as she collapsed with blood running down the leg.

VIXX raced to her side, and the other wolves tripped as if they couldn’t decide whether they should run or stay and protect a fellow wolf. One of them, with white fur, took a cautious step forward, but N reacted instinctively by snarling; “pray it isn’t serious!” at the same time as he unfolded a pair of big black wings, and the strangers fled. Jieun whimpered and nudged one of his wings, so he folded the wings away as he knelt and ran his finger through her fur and whispered; “everything’s gonna be all right.”

When Leo put his coat over her, she Shifted back and let Ravi pick her up bridal style and carry her back to the car.

When they got back, Dr. Lee cleaned her leg and could see that it was only superficial wounds which closed after she drank a cup of blood. Still, Dr. Lee gave her some sedative to help her get some sleep. Both VIXX and Dr. Lee was worried about her, because she had just gazed into the distance and not said a single sound since the encounter with the other wolves. She even drank the blood without them having to mix it with anything.

When they heard her on the stairs a couple of hours later, they were nervous about whether she was scared of them, but when she reached the living room, it was a completely different emotion she showed. She crossed her arms and said angrily; “I believe you owe me an explanation!” When they just looked at her without saying anything, she growled and said; “I trusted you! I told you about myself. I showed you my vulnerable sides, and this is what I get? Secrets! What more are you hiding for me?” The tone became more and more vulnerable for every sentence, so Hongbin quickly got to his feet and hugged her while he said; “sorry, Eun-ah. We just thought you would be scared if you saw us like that.” She sighed and said; “it’s okay, oppa, I –” she stopped, leaned away from him and said; “wait, us? What do you mean ‘us’? Are you saying that all of you…?” and looked at the others. When Ken nodded, her legs gave in and she mumbled; “daebak!” The boys were quickly on their feet, but when Hongbin gently said her name, she chuckled and said; “God” before she leaned back into his arms and said; “I’m crazy for not being afraid of you, aren’t I?” Ravi squatted down in front of her and said; “why do you say that?” so she sighed and said; “every wolf learn that the Royal vampires are the most dangerous and if we ever meet them, then we should run.” N chuckled and said; “it’s not a complete lie, though” Her eyes widened, so Dr. Lee said; “ya, Cha Hakyeon. Don’t scare her more than strictly necessary.” before he helped her get back up with a reassuring smile.

When they were eating dinner, N suddenly said; “Eun-ah, what’s the matter?” Jieun quickly looked at him and said; “why do you think there’s something wrong?” so Ravi answered; “you’re pushing your food around. You know you can ask us anything, right?” She nodded and said; “I was just thinking about all the stories we heard a kids. Wonder how many are real?” When she saw how the boys looked at each other, she smiled and said; “I mean, I’ve grown up with stories about how you are dangerous and can defeat a full-grown wolf.” A couple of them nodded, like to say that it was true. Her smile disappeared and her voice became small when she continued; “the Eldest said that you live on wolf’s blood, and that you always take the young Wolves that leave the Den without the adults.” Dr. Lee smiled at her and said; “you don’t believe every story, do you? We don’t live on wolf’s blood. The blood we drink is from blood banks.” She nodded with a sigh, but before she could be completely lost in her thoughts, Hyuk said “remember to eat” She looked at him for a moment until she realized that she practically hadn’t eaten anything yet, so she quickly started to eat. But the seven vampires still managed to see her blushing.

Even though Jieun had said that she was okay, she could still feel that VIXX was holding themselves back as a precaution. When they had finished lunch the next day, and Jieun helped Hyuk do the dishes, it got too much, so she said; “oppa, why are you all so tense?” Hyuk quickly answered “no one’s tense.” She sighed sadly and turned her eyes back to the dishpan, but then a smile creeped onto her lips as she turned off the water, took a handful of foam and blew it at Hyuk. He froze for a moment, but then looked at her and said; “what was that for?” She smiled and said; “because you’re so tense!” and stuck her tongue out at him with a small mehrong. He gasped and said; “oh, you’re in trouble now.” before he took some foam as well and wiped it on her cheek.

The other members of VIXX were doing their own things when the suddenly hears a squeal from the kitchen, and within a second, they were all standing in the doorway, and N exclaimed; “what happened here?” because Jieun was lying on her back on the kitchen floor while she, Hyuk and floor was covered in foam. Apparently, Jieun had slipped with her socks on the wet floor. Hyuk pulled her to her feet while he said; “uh, nothing?” so she mumbled; “oppa~” but then looked at the others and said; “it’s my fault, I’ll clean it up.” N could see how her thin shirt was clinging to her body, so he sighed and said; “no, Eun-ah. Go and get some dry close on, then I’ll clean this.” She smiled and said; “thank you, oppa” and left the kitchen, but her wet socks slipped on the wooden floor in the hall, so she fell. Leo noticed that she clutched her ankle, so he picked her up and carried her upstairs while saying; “here’s a better idea. You take a warm bath while I make you a smoothie?” She rested her head against his shoulder while she said; “yeah, thanks.” and then unconsciously snuggled into the nape of his neck.