Chapter 5; I'm a what...?

A place to Belong

Soon, a week had passed since VIXX found Jieun, yet her wounds still was not fully healed. She would still limp and slept most of the day, so dr. Lee was starting to suspect that there was something else, and more serious, wrong with her.

Every morning, N would wake her up with a cup of warm milk and a cautious; "how are you today?" VIXX were so relaxed that they reminded her of the time when Jiyong still lived with them and she quickly began to call all of them ‘oppa’.

 

Jieun stirred and slowly opened her eyes. She quickly sat up when she didn’t see N sit on the chair like he used to, but before she could start to panic, her eye caught sight of a cup on the nightstand. A small smile formed on her lips as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes with one hand and grabbed the cup with the other. She kept her eyes closed while she put the cup to her lips and took a little sip. There was something different about the taste, so she frowned and lowered the cup, but at that moment exclaimed Hyuk; “Jieun-ah!” She lifted her head and saw him standing in the doorway, an identical cup in his hand and a shocked expression. He cautiously said; “what are you doing?” so she answered; “I’m drinking my –“ but stopped when her gaze happened to land on the context of the cup, and she discovered that it wasn’t milk, but blood.

She gasped, and let the cup fall into her lap. Hyuk rushed to her and said; “Eun-ah” but she stared at the blood that spread across her white covers, so he placed the cup with her milk on the nightstand, placed a hand on her shoulder and said; “Jieun-ah”. She turned her head towards him, blinked a couple of times – and then screamed.

Hyuk got up, surprised, and Hongbin, Ken and Ravi entered the room in the same second. When they saw the blood that covered Jieuns covers, sleepwear and bare arms, Hongbin rushed to her side and tried to calm her while Ravi grabbed Hyuk and said; “ya! Han Sanghyuk, what happened?” Hyuk looked him in the eyes and said; “I went out to make Jieun-ie’s milk, like hyung usually does, and when I got back, she was drinking from my cup.” Jieun growls; “it was blood. BLOOD!” Ken placed a hand on her arm and said; “sh, Jieun-ah, it’s okay.” But Jieun yelled; “STAY AWAY!” and pushed him with so much force that he hit the nightstand, which fell.

The last three residents was summoned by the commotion, and when they saw the fallen nightstand and Jieun covered in blood, said Dr. Lee; “what is doing on in here?!” The five in the bedroom turned their heads, and Jieun surprised them all by jumping out of bed and wrap her arms around N’s neck. She had so much momentum that he took a step back before steadying them, and started to whisper sweet, comforting words to her while the others explained Dr. Lee and Leo what had happened.

When they had explained everything, nodded Dr. Lee thoughtfully and said; “Boys, can you please leave for a moment? I need to speak to Jieun-ie.” VIXX nodded and quietly left the room, and when Dr. Lee and Jieun was alone, he sat down on the bed, and patted the bed for her to sit down. Jieun bit lightly on her bottom lip before she sat down next to him and said; “what did you want to talk me about?” He smiled reassuringly and said; “I’ve been wondering, how much do you know about your father?” Jieun looked at him warily and said; “what does that have to do with –” but Dr. Lee interrupted her and said with a calm smile; “don’t worry, I’ll explain, but please answer my question first.”

Jieun sighed and looked at the floor while she said; “not much. The only thing I know is that he was tall, handsome and originally from Taiwan.” He nodded and said; “so you know nothing of what he was?” she shook her head lightly, “I think he was a businessman, but I’m not sure.” He shook his head and said; “that’s not what I meant.” Jieun looked at him quickly, so he sighed and said; “I don’t think your father was a Wolf” she smiled and said; “no, he wa–” but stopped when Dr. Lee continued; “or a human”. Jieun was quickly on her feet and started to pace back and forth while saying; “it, it can’t be true. If he wasn’t a Wolf, and isn’t a human, then he can only be…” she fell quiet, so Dr. Lee sighed and said; “yes, I believe that your father may be a vampire.” Jieun shook her head unbelieving, so he said; “Jieun-ah. Stop”. When she stopped, he said; “look where you’re standing” and gestured around the room, and suddenly she realized that she was standing in the middle of the room, so he smiled reassuringly and said; “I had my doubts, but after you jumped out of bed so fast that we hardly could react, and the boys told me how you pushed Ken away, then they’re gone.”

He could see how her gaze flickered doubtingly around the room, so he got up with a heavy sigh, pattered her shoulder and said; “we’re right here if you need us.” before he left the bedroom and let her be alone with her thoughts.

An hour later, Jieun entered the kitchen freshly showered. When VIXX and Dr. Lee saw her, she took a deep breath before she walked over to Ken while she unknowingly twisted her sleeve, and carefully said; “oppa?” but when he looked at her, her instincts kicked in and she kneeled while exposing , and said; “I’m sorry, I don’t know what went over me” Ken looked blankly at the others, but they looked just as confused as him for a moment before a little “oh” escaped Dr. Lee’s lips before he knelt and gently grabbed her arm while he said; “Jieun-ah, please get up. You don’t have to submit or fear us.” Jieun looked at him surprised and let him pull her to her feet before stuttering; “no, un-uncle. I, I don’t know why –” but Ken interrupted her by placing a hand on her elbow and say; “come on, Eun-ah. Let’s eat.