Chapter 4; Shopping

A place to Belong

When they reached the mall, Dr. Lee smiled and said; “well, how about we start there?” and pointed to a lingerie shop. When Jieun and the boys gave him pointed looks, he quickly said; “ah, I mean ‘why don’t we start with Jieun going in there’.” When Jieun was about to enter, Dr. Lee said; “I’ll come and pay afterwards” so she nodded.

When Jieun had found the underwear she wanted, and the shop assistant had bagged it, Dr. Lee came and paid it before they met with the boys and started to look for regular clothes.

 

An hour later, they agreed to sit down at a restaurant to get something to eat. Hyuk noticed that Jieun tried to bite down the pain, so he placed an arm around her waist, and said; “hey, use our strength.” Jieun sighed and leaned towards him, so when he had helped her into the seat, and she had figured out what to eat, said Ken; “just stay here, then we’ll bring the food.” and she nodded.

When the boys left, she closed her eyes and waited for the painkillers that Dr. Lee had given her would work. Suddenly someone said; “Jieun?” so she opened her eyes, and when she saw her three littermates, she exclaimed; “unnie!” but Sooyoung said; “ya, Kwon Jieun! Where the hell have you been?” Jieun briefly glanced towards VIXX while saying; “I, I –“ Minhee interrupted her and said; “do you have any idea how worried we were? You didn’t answer your phone and hadn’t left any message.” Jieun looked down at the table and mumbled; “sorry.” The others sighed, but before they had a chance to say anything else, stood Hyuk in front of them and snarled; “what’s going on here?!” Hannah stood protectively in front of her friends and said; “none of your business!” but Jieun placed a hand on her arm, while she looked at Hyuk and said; “oppa, these are my littermates.” The girls looked at her surprised and exclaimed; “OPPA?!” causing several guests to look at them.

Dr. Lee was quickly by their side and said kindly; “please, have a seat.” Before he turned his gaze to Hyuk and said; “will you please help your brothers?” It was said with a cheerful tone, but something in his eyes made Jieun grab a hold of Hyuk’s sleeve and whisper; “oppa, please stay.” so he sat down. When Minhee went around the table, she spotted Jieun’s injured foot and exclaimed; “omo! Jieun-ah, what happened?” Jieun quickly answered; “I, I had an accident.” The girls glanced at each other before Sooyoung said; “an accident?” Jieun could hear the skeptical tone, so she sighed, bowed her head and started to tell them what had happened after she left them. When she reached the part where she ended up in the bear trap, she stopped, but the rest of VIXX had joined them, so Hongbin gave her shoulder a reassuring squeeze and continued the story for her.

 

When he was done, the three girls just sat and stared at him for a while before Sooyoung said; “so you have been with them for nearly two days, and still your leg is like that?” Jieun looked down again, so Dr. Lee gave them a smile while he said; “I promise you, I will do whatever I can to get Jieun-ie back on her feet.”

Hannah look at Jieun and said; “do you come back home?” Both VIXX and Jieun looked at her questioning, so she looked down and said; “I know you haven’t had it easy after Bigbang left, but we still care about you.” Jieun felt a lump in when she said; “oh, unnie. I really care a lot about you to, and I miss you, but…” she stopped when she felt the tears threatening to spill. Ravi gave her hand a squeeze, so she looked up at her littermates and said with a smile; “I have to stay so Dr. Lee can figure out what’s wrong, and then time will tell whether I’ll come.” They nodded, but N could see the uncertainty in their eyes, so he said; “hey, Jieun-ie’s never more than a phone call or text away.” The girls looked at him and Jieun said; “oppa, I don’t have my phone anymore.” Hyuk shook his head and said indulgent smile; “Jieun-ah, have you already forgotten that Ken hyung got you a new one?” Jieun exclaimed; “a-ani” and started to look through the shopping bags to hide her blushing.

When everyone was done eating, and the girls had exchanged numbers, Jieun and the boys got ready to continue, but Sooyoung stopped them, looked seriously at the six boys and said; “Jieun is one of my precious littermates, so you better take good care of her or I’ll kick you asses!” Jieun exclaimed; “unnie!” but N put an arm around her shoulder and looked at the three littermates when he said; “we will take care of her.” They were about to go, but Jieun stopped and looked pleadingly at her sisters when she said; “please, don’t tell anyone where I am.” Hannah opened to protest, but Jieun took her hands and said; “please unnie. The others won’t understand my choice.” Hannah looked at Minhee and Sooyoung for a second before they nodded, so she said reluctantly; “fine. But take care of yourself.” before they said goodbye.