Chapter 17; Back at Mapo

A place to Belong

Sorry for the long wait.

It took us ages to get everything in place, at least it felt like it, and then we found out that the box with my stories in it was lost. TT

It took me some time to rewrite it, but I hope you like it.

 

the red text is spoken in japanese.


When Taeyang and G-Dragon left to pick up their mates and littermates, Jieun could feel that she was scared of seeing them again, so she called Mark and asked him to come. She most of all wanted to call Leo, but she knew that it would only make matters worse.

20 minutes later, Mark rang the doorbell and when Jieun let him in, she was pleasantly surprised to see that Junior and Momo had tagged along. Junior said with a smile “we thought you could use more than just Mark.”

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

When they heard Taeyang and G-Dragon park, Mark felt Jieun tremble slightly next to him, so he gave her a small smile and was just about to say something when the door slammed open and a petite woman with short brown hair entered, and as soon as her eyes caught Jieun, she marched over with an angry look while saying; ”Kwon Jieun!” Mark and Junior reacted instinctively and got protectively in front of Jieun with low growls. The woman stopped with a look of surprise and exclaimed; ”What’s this?

Momo stepped in front of the others and said ”hello, my name is Momo. You must be Kiko.” The woman said; ”yes, I am.” so Momo smiled and said; ”Jieun-san has told me about you.” Kiko smiled back, though a bit more forcefully, and said; ”hopefully only good.” Mark and JB had relaxed and pulled back, so Kiko turned to Jieun and pulled her into a hug while she said; ”I was worried sick about you!”

Kiko let go of her after a while, turned to the boys and said; ”now, who are you? And why do you defend my sister-in-law like that?” Mark looked at Jieun like asking for permission, so she put a hand on Marks arm and said; ”Mark is my half-brother”. Kiko nodded and said; ”okay, then I –” but stopped herself, and got wide eyes while saying; ”wait, he is WHAT?!”

The rest of BIGBANG and their mates came to the living room at that moment, so G-Dragon rushed to his mate and said; ”what’s wrong?” Kiko had a stone face when she answered; ”Jieun.” but then she smiled at him and said; ”oh, thank god. Jieun has a brother. Now I don’t need to feel so guilty.” G-Dragon chuckled and mumbled ”I know” before kissing her cheek, so Jieun hugged them while saying ”I love you. I love you so much.”

Just then, her phone rang and Hannah said; ”sorry to interrupt, but it’s Dr. Lee” so Jieun released the other, and said; ”sorry, I have to -” and rushed to her room and closed the door before answering. Just like she thought, it wasn’t Dr. Lee, but the boys and she stayed in her room to talk to them for a while.

 

Throughout the day, Jieun and her friends noticed that TOP and Jimin, his mate, were more affectionate than they were before they left. They tried to not say anything, but in the end the curiosity got the better of Hannah who exclaimed "ah~ oppa, you've been gone for three months. Do you have to have that much skinship?" Jimin blushed as he said "I can't help it!" The room turned quiet until TOP's mom suddenly gasped and said "Don't tell me! Are you...?" When Jimin nodded with a happy smile, Jieun's aunt exclaimed "omo! How far?" Jimin answered "a little more than three months" and that's when the rest caught up, Jimin was pregnant.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

When Jieun spoke to the vampires that night, Dr. Lee told her that they had talked after she left, and they all agreed that she should just stay with the wolves until the full moon was over in little over a week. Jieun was reluctant at first, seeing as she wasn't sure what precisely was between her and Leo, but after Leo promised her that it didn't change how he felt and that he completely understood that she needed to stay there or in Gangnam, she finally agreed.

 

The next day, Jieun's littermates noticed that she seemed a bit down and suggested that they should go to the beach. Chunji and Ricky happened to hear them and quickly agreed before Jieun could decline and an hour and a half later, the ten young wolves parked at Eurwangni beach.

They quickly got their bags and went searching for a good spot. They didn’t walk for long before Chunji exclaimed; “ah, that’s the perfect sport!” and when the others looked at where he was pointing, they saw a secluded spot big enough for all ten and agreed. CAP, Minhee and Sooyoung went to get them something to drink and some fruit while the rest settled their things or went into the ocean.

Jieun enjoyed the soft breeze while looking at them, but it didn’t take long before she leaned back to nudge Hannah, who was lying next to her with her favorite book, and said; “I thought Niel oppa was ‘too old to play’.” Hannah followed her gazed and started to laugh, for the boys were having a water fight. She sighed and said “yeah, sometimes I wonder if oppa really is the oldest.”

Just then, the three returned with the beverages and snacks, and L.Joe and Changjo got there in a second. Changjo dropped down next to Jieun with a “God it’s hot!”, causing Jieun to quickly hand him the nearest milkshake before looking at L.Joe and ask if he wanted one, too. He shook his head before grabbing a piece of fruit and said “I’ll manage with this, but thanks for asking.”

 

After a while, the rest of the boys came over, and Ricky pouted “you got drinks, and didn’t say anything to me?” Jieun threw a half melted ice cube at him and said “Hannah called you when they got here!” before sipping on her milkshake, but stopped when she noticed the look between the other girls and tilted her head with a small “what”. They quickly shook their heads with soft ‘nothing’s. She lifted her eyebrow in a challenging way, so Changjo gently cleared his throat and said “Ohm, Jieun-ah. That’s my milkshake.” Jieun looked down at the cup and realized that he was right; though it was a café latte milkshake like hers, this one was about half full whereas hers were almost empty. She quickly handed it back with an apology, but he just smiled and said “it’s okay, you didn’t do it on purpose” before taking a sip himself. Jieun caught the look on Hannah’s face and exclaimed “I’m going for a swim!” and ran to the water, causing the other girls to laugh and CAP to say “what happened?” L.Joe smirked at his hyung and said; “nothing that should be explained” before he got up to join Jieun in the water.

The rest of the wolves joined for a while before they spotted the banana boats, and Ricky and Minhee quickly convinced the others to go for a ride – well, most of them, for Jieun’s wrist had started to hurt again, and she didn’t want to have to wear a cast ever again. When the boys realized that she wouldn’t be joining them, Chunji and CAP volunteered to stay with her.

After a while, the others came back and since it was already late afternoon, they agreed to get something to eat in one of the nearby restaurants before going home.

 

By the time they were done eating and left the restaurant, the wind had picked up and Jieun shivered since she was only wearing a light chiffon dress without any sleeves. Changjo, who was walking behind her, noticed and gently asked “are you cold?” she gave him a faint smile and said “it was just the wind”. He nodded, but still wrapped his jacket over her shoulders. She looked at him surprised, so he smiled and said “it’s okay to admit it. The wind is getting stronger” She nodded and gave him a small “thank you”.

When they got to the car, she tried to return the jacket, but Changjo stopped her and said “the cars are not that warm, just keep it for now” before getting into CAP’s car along with Sooyoung, Minhee and Ricky, leaving Jieun to drive with the Ahn siblings, L.Joe and Chunji. She sighed and climbed into the backseat next to L.Joe.

 

It didn’t take long before the warmth from Changjo’s jacket and the long day at the beach had its affect, and she fell asleep on L.Joe’s shoulder. When they arrived back at Mapo, Chunji wanted to wake Jieun, but noticed that she felt warm, so Niel quickly offered to carry her so she didn’t have to wake up, but L.Joe shook his head and whispered “I got her.” since his parents were at the Kwon’s house anyway.

When he gently put her down on her bed, she mumbled; “oppa, can we fly again? I wanna feel the wind.” He gave her with a surprised look and thought; *fly? What is she talking about?* but before he had a chance to try to get more out of her, her aunt came in with some medicine.