Chapter 19; Let's see the lion

A place to Belong

Jieun was sitting on her windowsill, looking at the moon while deep in thought. She let out a deep sigh, but turned when someone behind her said, “why the long face?” She tried to smile when she saw Boyoung, Daesung’s mate, but Boyoung quickly saw through her, sat down next to her and said, “you know, I may have been traveling for two months, but I can still read your face.” Jieun sighed and said, “you heard Mark and his litter visited today, right?” Boyoung nodded, so Jieun continued; “they asked me if I wanted to run with them this time.” Boyoung smiled and said, “that’s great!” but could sense her hesitation, so she quickly said, “but you’re not sure because…?” Jieun turned her gaze to the view and said, “I’ve missed you, unnie.” The older followed her gaze and saw Big Bang and Teen Top fool around in the pool so she let out a small laugh and said, “we’re still here in a week and next month.” Jieun looked at her with big eyes, so Boyoung sighed and said, “look, I know you don’t really feel whole. If Mark and his friends can make you feel that, then go.” Jieun looked at her with teary eyes and said, “oh unnie, really? Thank you!” before hugging the older while she just laughed.

 

At lunch, Ricky casually asked, “have you talked to your brother yet?” and Jieun was surprised how quickly the table fell silent considering that they were 30 wolves. She lightly shook her head and said, “not yet, but I’ll call him after lunch.” Sooyoung smiled and said, “you’ve made a decision?” This caused her uncle to clear his throat and say strictly “decision? You made a decision about what?” She looked down, so TOP’s mom quickly, yet gently, said, “what decision, dear?” Jieun lifted her head to give her a faint smile and say, “my brother and his pack asked me if I want to join their Moon run, and I promised them an answer today.” The elder smiled back and said, “oh, and you have decided?” Jieun nodded and said, “yes, manim. I’m going to go there today and stay with them for a couple days” she turned to give G-Dragon a smile as she continued “and then come home for the run”.

The other conversations began again soon after and L.Joe, who sat next to Sooyoung, asked; “hey, Jieun-ah, do you need a ride?” She gave him a small smile and said, “it’s okay, I can take the bus” but he smiled back and said, “it’s not a problem, I have to go somewhere anyway” so she quickly nodded and said, “then I’ll accept.”

 

When they were about to leave, Jieun noticed that Sooyoung put her shoes on as well, so she asked; “unnie, where are you going? I thought you said, you wanted to play with the others.” Sooyoung nodded, but before she could answer, L.Joe said, “I asked for her to keep me company.” Jieun smiled to her friend, who grabbed her jacket while she blushed slightly and exclaimed, “let’s just go!” L.Joe just shook his head and muttered something under his breath.

 

When they arrived in Gangnam, Jieun barely closed her door before she let out a squeal and L.Joe quickly spun around, only to see Yugyeom put her back on the ground beside Mark with a big smile as she said, “ya~, you scared me” before turning to the other two and said, “oppa, I’m okay” L.Joe shook his head with a smile and said, “I can see that now.” Before holding her bag out and continued “he can carry this for you as punishment” causing the other three to laugh from Yugyeom’s shocked expression, yet Jieun took her bag and said, “I’ll carry it myself” before giving L.Joe a hug and say, “see ya in a couple of days”.

 

Once they got back in the car and Jieun had disappeared into the building, L.Joe sighed and said, “okay, where do they live?” Sooyoung said, confused “who?” and saw how L.Joe’s eyes, for a split second turned yellow as he said, “Leo!” Sooyoung stuttered “wh-what? Wh-why do you want to know that?” He turned to her and gave her a smile as his eyes turned back to brown, and said, “don’t worry. I’m not gonna do anything, but we have a chance to meet him without the pack finding out. I just wanna make–” Sooyoung smiled as she interrupted him with “– make sure she’s safe.” He glanced at her, making her laugh and say, “sometimes you sound like Jiyong oppa” before sighing and continue “they live in Hannam-dong”.

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Hyuk looked at his hyung when he heard the doorbell, but N looked just as confused and surprised, so he quickly got up. He smiled when he saw Sooyoung, but it became more forced when he saw that she wasn’t alone and said, “who’s this?” with a serious tone. Sooyoung glanced at L.Joe for a split second before stutter “thi-this is L.Joe. He, he’s from our Flock”. Hyuk raised an eyebrow from her stutter but didn’t get to say anything before L.Joe said, “we have to speak to Leo” just as N came to the door as well and said, “oh, you have to?” Sooyoung quickly placed a hand on L.Joe’s arm to stop him from saying more, and said, “it’s about Jieun”.

N nodded and said, “ah, then come in” and L.Joe couldn’t help but compare the two vampires to him and his litter as they let them to the living room where Hyuk yelled “hyung! You have guests!” Though they both looked to be as tall or a bit taller than Changjo, they didn’t seem as muscular. Just then, a voice behind him said, “who are you yelling for?” and Hyuk smiled sheepishly and said, “sorry hyung” as L.Joe turned and saw a muscular guy dressed in black sweatpants and sleeveless top. Sooyoung smiled at the man and said, “hey Hongbin. Good workout?” He nodded just as N said, “ah, Leo, they wanted to talk to you.” L.Joe moved his eyes to the stairs and saw Leo walking towards them. He turned towards Sooyoung and mouthed “are they all giants?” as N said, “do you want something to drink? Coffee, tea? Maybe something cold?” Sooyoung was quick to say “no red smoothies!” causing the four vampires to laugh and Leo say “we wouldn’t dare” Sooyoung noticed L.Joes confused look so she lightly blushed while she said, “remember how Jieun-ah said, she’s half vampire?” he nodded so she said, “yeah well, uh…” and looked down, so Hyuk smiled and said, “the vampire in her needed blood, but she wouldn’t drink it so hyung tricked her with a smoothie” L.Joes eyes widened, so Leo quickly said, “it was only once!” as N returned with a couple of sodas before pulling Hyuk with him out of the room.

When they were alone, Leo looked at the two wolves and said, “you wanted to talk?” L.Joe cleared his throat and said, “yes. Jieun told us that you’re all Royals?” Leo nodded so Sooyoung continued “what exactly are there between you two?” He sighed and said, “I don’t know. I like her a lot, but she is part wolf”. L.Joe put his soda down and said, “then leave her.” Sooyoung exclaimed “oppa!” but he ignored her and continued, “if you feel like that, then you should’ve left her alone.” Leos eyes flashed red when he snarled, “I tried!” both wolves looked shocked, Sooyoung even a bit scared. Leo leaned back in the chair with a sigh and said, “I really tried. I know she may have a Mate somewhere, and I didn’t want to hurt her, but I will not force her to stay or go. I’ll be what she needs me to.” Sooyoung noticed how the red slowly faded while he spoke, so she smiled and said, “you really love her, don’t you?” He nodded with a smile and said, “yeah, I do” so L.Joe breathed out “thank God!” The other two looked at him, so he gave Leo a faint smile and said, “Jieun may not be my biological family, but I love her like a sister, and I would hate to see her getting hurt – especially when she loves as deep as she does.” Leo frowned slightly making L.Joe smile bigger and say “you should be happy. Jieun has always said, she didn’t understand the wolves who would date when they might have another mate, yet now she talks about you with so much love. I stand behind you two a 100 percent”. This time Leo smiled as well and said, “thank you.”