Chapter 10; The picture

A place to Belong

Four day later had Jieun, Leo and Hongbin just started to make dinner when GOT7 arrived. Dr. Lee answered the door and invited the boys into the living room, so Hongbin gave Jieun a little smile and said; “we’ll handle it, go and say hi” she looked to Leo, so he gave her a gentle smile and a nod.

Jieun entered the living room quietly and heard JB thank Dr. Lee for the invitation. When Mark caught sight of her he said “Jieun-ah!” with a smile, so Junior challenging raised an eyebrow. JB gave them a pointed look before saying; “Jieun-sii. Let me introduce you to the rest of our litter.” He placed a hand on the small of her back and said; “you’ve already met Mark and Junior, but this is Yugyeom, Jackson, Youngjae and Bambam.” He barely finished talking before Bambam got up and said; “I’m sorry I attacked you, I –” Jieun interrupted him by placing a hand on his arm and said; “it’s okay. I’ve already forgiven you”. She looked at him in silence for a second longer before adding; “though I don’t like to be outnumbered.” Bambam smiled and said; “I would have lost to you if it hadn’t been for Jackson hyung.” Jieun looked at Jackson amazed, as he was sitting there with his platinum blonde hair, and exclaimed; “that was you? You’re the black one?” He nodded with a faint smile so she shook her head, mumbling “I thought it was JB” so GOT7 laughed and JB said with a smile; “sorry to disappoint you.”

Shortly after, Hyuk came and said that dinner was ready, and when they were on their way, Jieun overheard Dr. Lee say; “Jaebum-ah, how are your parents doing?” JB shrugged and said; “they’re doing fine, under the circumstances.” Dr. Lee nodded slowly but JB then saw Jieun’s confused look, so he explained; “my dad’s dying from cancer” she smiled and said; “don’t say that. You never know what’ll happen” Dr. Lee said “sadly, we do” as he placed a comforting hand on JB’s shoulder, and JB said; “my eyes already starting to chance color” as his eyes gleamed green briefly.

Jieun gasped and felt her legs give in, but Yugyeom was fast and caught her and gently helped her to sit on the ground, where she whispered “he’s a prima” so he pulled her closer and said; “no, he’s not.” Jieun quickly turned to look at Yugyeom with big eyes, but before she could say anything, JB squatted next to her and said; “my dad’s still our prima alpha”. Jieun allowed them to pull her to her feet, but then rushed to the table.

JB and Yugyeom followed her with their eyes and Yugyeom said; “hyung, is she scared of me?” JB lay a hand on his shoulder and said; “I don’t know, but –” He stopped as Jieun came back, and grabbed Yugyeom’s wrist with a smile while saying; “I’m not scared, come on before Ravi oppa and Hyuk oppa eat everything.” Both Ravi and Hyuk exclaimed; “ya!” while Dr. Lee said; “you do give them a run for their money”. She let go of Yugyeom and covered her cheeks while she said; “samchon~” so they all laughed.

When they had eaten for a while, N looked at JB, who sat next to him, and said; “JB, how old are you?” so VIXX burst out laughing while Jieun nearly choked on her food. Mark was quick to give her a glass of water while Youngjae said; “what did I miss? Why was that so fun?” Jieun looked at him and said; “because the first time –” she stopped to cough once before continuing; “the first time I joined them for dinner, he gave me the exact same question.” Several members of GOT7 shook their head before JB said; “ah. I am 21.” N nodded and then asked; “what about the rest of you?” so they told that Bambam and Yugyeom was 18, Youngjae was 19, Jackson and Junior was 21 and finally Mark, who kept his eyes on a still discreetly coughing Jieun, was 22. Dr. Lee nodded slowly before asking; “have any of you found your mate yet?” so Jieun exclaimed “samchon!” but JB just smiled and said; “not yet. Most wolves are closer to 25.”

Later, Jieun was in the kitchen to prepare coffee and snacks with Leo and Ken, when she happened to catch a glimpse of her reflection in the window and drop the tray with a loud crash, for her eyes were glowing bright blue, and when the others looked at her, she quickly closed her eyes. *why’s this happening? It can’t be that I found my mate, right? Can he even be a vampire?* She was deep in thought when Leo gently grabbed her elbow and said; “Eun-ah, what’s wrong? Please tell us” but she just cried out; “No!” and pulled her arm back before running to her room. He was about to go after her when Dr. Lee stopped him and said; “let Mark go.” Mark looked taken back when he said; “why me?” so Dr. Lee smiled and said; “perhaps she’ll open up to a fellow hybrid.” Mark nodded, so N said; “it’s the last on the right.”

Mark gave a quick “thank you” before going up, and when he was out of earshot, N looked at Dr. Lee and said; “that wasn’t the real reason, was it?” the rest of the boys looked confused for a moment before JB sighed and said; “you suspect she’s Mark hyung’s mate, don’t you?” Dr. Lee nodded; “yes, I do. The way those two interact…” he sighed before saying; “time will tell.”

 

     Meanwhile, upstairs:

Jieun looked surprised up from the picture she was hugging, but quickly closed her eyes and turned her head so that Mark wouldn’t see her glowing eyes. He quickly guessed what was wrong anyway, and sat down next to her on the bed and said; “Jieun-ah, open your eyes.” When she still refused, he sighed and said; “listen. I know your eyes are glowing blue.” She opened her eyes, so he smiled and said; “or, they did.” Jieun quickly looked at her reflection and saw that they indeed were back to their natural dark brown color. When a small relieved sigh escaped her lips, Mark said; “glowing eyes doesn’t necessarily mean the same for us as for pure Wolves.” She looked at him with a quiet “what?” so he said; “for a vampire, glowing white eyes is a sign that they haven’t had blood for long, and are weak. For some reason, a hybrid’s eyes turns blue.” He gave her a smile and continued “it’s a sign of complete trust if a vampire shows his or her white eyes to someone.” They sat in silence for a while before she said; “so it’s because I trust them? Are you sure?” Mark laughed shortly and said; “oh, trust me, I am.” but he could see the doubt so he continued; “the first one, I got blue eyes for was Jackson.” Jieun made a face at the thought and said; “oh god, oppa. Ew.” He laughed again and said “oh yes.” before getting up and saying; “come on. Let’s go down.” Jieun smiled back and said; “yeah, let’s go.” Before placing the picture on the bed and walked to the door, not noticing how Mark’s smile disappeared.

She was just about to open the door when he said; “Jieun.” She turned with a happy “yeah?” but he looked at her with a serious look and said; “why do you have this?” and held up the picture. Jieun stammered “that, that’s from my grandmother”

Mark took a step forward as his eyes suddenly glowed bright red and he snarled; “why do you have this picture?!”