Chapter 13; New moon in Gangnam

A place to Belong

there is going to be different language used. Red is when they speak in japanese.

Enjoy


When they reached GOT7’s Den and were about to go in, Jieun suddenly said; “wait” and when the boys turned to her, Jieun said “is this decent enough?” while looking to her clothes; a black long-sleeved t-shirt, distressed washed skinny jeans, and her beloved Timberland Amston ankle boots. The boys followed her gaze and Junior said; “have you looked at your brother?” for Mark was, by pure coincidence, dressed in a similar way. Jieun slowly nodded while saying; “yeah, but” so Mark cut her off and said; “no buts”. He took her hand and gave her a reassuring smile while he said; “come on, no one bites” before pulling her with him.

When Junior opened the door, Jieun tightened her grip on Mark’s hand, but they barely entered before a chorus of “Jieun-ah!” and “noona!” greeted them, so she instantly relaxed and smiled at the boys. A middle-aged woman came over while saying; “wow, you clearly must be Jieun-sii. My name is Park Youngmi”. Just then, a very thin man came over and placed an arm around her waist, so she continued; “we are Jaebum’s parents”. Jieun gasped, bowed 90° and said; “prima Im, manim Park” but JB’s dad placed a hand on her arm and said; “you don’t have to be so formal. Not when my boys are so fond of you.” Jieun looked at him confused, so he offered her his arm with a smile and said; “I have seven” before gesturing at GOT7. When realization ran across her face, he started to laugh, but it soon became a coughing fit, so she exclaimed; “prima Im!” JB was quickly by their side and helped her get his father into an armchair while saying “aish, dad. Don’t overstrain yourself”. When the coughing fit was over, Mr. Im looked at Jieun and said; “dear child, my name is Im Jongho, use that instead, please.”

Jieun enjoyed the company of the boys and JB’s parents, but it didn’t take long before they excused themselves so Mr. Im could get some sleep. They hardly closed the bedroom door before the doorbell rang, and five girls entered. GOT7 were quickly on their feet and greeted them with big smiles. Well, except for Mark who stayed by Jieun’s side. One of the girls noticed and said; “oh, oppa. Why are you sitting there? And who’s this?” He gave her a smile while saying “hi Mina”. The other girls turned their attention to him, so he pulled Jieun with him over to the others while saying “Jieun-ah, I want to introduce you to Jihyo, Sana, Nayeon, Momo and Jungyeon”. Jieun glanced worriedly at the bedroom door of JB’s parents, so Bambam said “don’t worry, they won’t hurt you. They’re from our pack.” Jieun quickly looked at him and said; “I’m not afraid of them”. They all looked at her skeptically at her, so she sighed and said “aren’t you afraid of getting into trouble?” Jackson flopped down in the couch and say “why would we get in trouble?” The rest sat down as well, but Jieun slowly exhaled and said “because they’re here. They obviously weren’t here when I got here!” Mark pulled her down on the armrest of his chair while he said; “hey, there’s nothing to worry about. We’re allowed to visit each other.” Jieun sighed and said; “okay, I believe you” while she leaned against his shoulder, so one of the girls raised an eyebrow and said; “hey, oppa. You never said who she is. Is she your mate?” Jieun unconsciously made a disgusted sound, so one of the girls exclaimed angrily; “Ya! What is that supposed to mean?” JB quickly said authoritatively; “that’s enough! Jieun is Marks half-sister, and our guest, so behave!”

All sat like frozen for a moment until Jieun heard on of the girls mumble “damn, more competition” in Japanese, so she exclaim; “ie, I’m not gonna take anything from anyone”. Everyone looked stunned, so she moved uncomfortably and said “what? What is it?” so one of the girls smiled and said; “you speak Japanese? Sana, Mina and I are from Japan. Jieun smiled back and said; “ah, hai. Kiko neechan is from Kobe.” When she saw their confused expressions, she smiled and said in Korean; “Kiko unnie is my cousin’s mate. She taught me the language.”

 

JB, Junior and Youngjae soon found some snacks and soft drinks, and when JB’s parents got up the next morning, they found the 13 young people scattered across the living room, all sound asleep, so JB’s mother shook her head and tried to slip past them. Just as she passed Jieun, the girl quickly sat up. JB’s mother took a step back with a “omo!” but then she realized that Jieun was panting, so she squatted down and said; “Jieun-ah, are you okay?” Jieun looked at her briefly before she nodded and said; “yeah, I- it was just a nightmare.” Mark, who lay next to her, stirred in his sleep, so JB’s mother smiled and said “I was just about to make breakfast. Will you keep me company? Then you perhaps could tell me about the nightmare.” Jieun thought about it for a second before nodding.

When Mark woke up shortly after, he could hear voices from the kitchen, so he went there, but stopped at the door when he heard Jieun talk about her nightmare, the same nightmare as the night before. When he heard that he, in the dream, had blamed her for their father’s death, he couldn’t stand it any longer, so he stepped into the kitchen while saying “it’s not your fault”. Both women came with soft cries of surprise before Jieun dropped her eyes to her cup and said; “I heard you. I heard you tell samchon that your dad killed himself because of my mom.” Mark said her name, but she continued “that it was because he loved your mom”.

Mark sighed and said “yes, our dad loved my mom, and felt that he was responsible for her death” Jieun looked up and exclaimed “so my mom was a mistress?” When Mark heard the pain in her voice, he quickly said “no!” before walking over to her and said “my mom was a bitten wolf. When it happened, no one knows, but she couldn’t control the Shift doing my birth, and that’s what killed her.” He sighed and brushed a tear away from her cheek before continuing “dad hired your mom to be a nanny for me since she was a wolf as well, and they fell in love.” Jieun took a shaking breath and said “so my parents loved each other?” Mark nodded and said “yeah. When your mom suddenly left, it took a toll on him, and when he found out that it was because she was pregnant, he killed himself, believing that you and your mom were dead, too.” Jieun looked at him confused and said “but, she –” Mark gave her a smile and said “I only found out that you existed five years ago.” JB’s mom said with a smile “and we’ve had the pleasure of having him here the last three. Now, eat up” and place a bowl of sundaeguk in front of them each. They quickly thanked her and started to eat while she returned to the stove and cooked breakfast for the rest of the house.

Mark and Jieun were almost done when Nayeon entered the kitchen and, with her eyes on their bowls, mumbled “I’ll never get used to that” before she said “morning, keun eomma, Mark oppa” she then smiled at Jieun and said; “and Jieun-ah”.

The others got up, one by one, and Youngmi had just put the last dish at the table when her husband joined them, and when he first was seated, the rest started to sit down as well. Jieun hesitated, so the Prima alpha said; “Jieun-ah. Come, have a seat” She noticed that he placed his hand on the back of the chair on his right side, so she exclaimed; “but that’s JB’s seat!” Everyone froze and looked at her, so she mumbled; “did, did I say something wrong?” but Mr. Im just smiled and said “Jieun-ah. You are our guest, and if we must be a stickler for etiquette, then you are a Nanja, aren’t you?” Jieun quickly answered “no, it’s my uncle who’s an alpha.” but sat down anyway.

 

Jieun enjoyed the Gangnam pack’s company, and when they were nearly done cleaning after lunch, her phone suddenly rang. Her eyes flashed blue for a second as she saw the caller ID before she went to the balcony and answered, and Mark shook his head with a smile. When she got back in she said “that was –” but Mark just smirked and said; “what did he want?” Jieun blushed faintly and said; “it was Ravi oppa!” before looking at JB and say “he wanted to know when I’d be home.” JB nodded, but before he could say anything, a female behind her said; “you’re leaving?” Jieun turned around and found Sana and Mina sitting at the kitchen isle. Sana continued “we had hoped that you could meet the rest of our litter.” Jieun’s eyes widened as she said; “the rest –? How many are you?” Mina smiled and said “we’re nine.” Jieun felt her jaw drop, and managed to stutter; “why weren’t they here yesterday?” JB joined them and said “my parents may be large with what we do at new moon, but we still have to respect the Moon dinner”. Sana nodded and said “we’re actually two litters, but we’re always together, so everyone just sees as one.” Mark put an arm over Jieun’s shoulder and continued “besides, most of them are still minors”. Jieun just looked at him, so he said; “Chaeyoung and Tzuyu are yearlings, Dahyun is 17 and Chaeyoung is at her grandparents”. Jieun let out a small “ah~” before looking at the girls and said “I would love to meet them, maybe next time. Then you could meet my littermates as well.”

 


I hope you liked the story so far. Please let me know if you noticed any mistakes or if there's any words/terms you'd like me to explain. It can make the story so much better. ;)

BTW, do you guys want me to make a chart of the main characters (age, race/rank, pictures)?