Chapter 2; Meeting VIXX

A place to Belong

VIXX had gone to the woods to hunt when they suddenly heard a plaintive howl. Ken straightened up from his rabbit and said; “was that a wolf?” VIXX hurried in the direction of the howl while Ravi said; “if those damn hunters put up traps again, I’m gonna kill them!”

Hyuk was running in front, but stopped so suddenly that N nearly ran into him. N was about to scold him, but then happened to look in the same direction as Hyuk, and saw a snow-white werewolf who was caught in a bear trap, but at that moment it started to Shift back to a young woman. N mumbled “wauw” as Hongbin rushed by and caught her head from hitting the ground while Leo ran to the trap in order to free her leg.

The woman opened her eyes as Hongbin caught her head so he exclaimed; “her eyes. They’re glowing –” his words broke off when she closed her eyes and became limp. Ken came up to them and said, “she’s a werewolf, of course they glow.” Hongbin opened his mouth to answer, but at that moment, Leo got the trap opened and said “she needs to see samchon!” The other five looked at him surprised, so he wrapped his coat around her body and picked her up while he said; “Wolf’s Bane” for the trap was placed in a cluster of it.

Ravi cursed under his breath at whoever had put up the trap while he pulled the chain up and brought it along so Dr. Lee, their uncle, could see it.

 

 

Jieun felt that she was lying on something soft, and when she opened her eyes, she saw that she was in a bedroom. She sat up and gasped when a pain shot through her right leg. She pulled the covers aside and saw that the foot and ankle were bandaged. At that moment, the door opened and a young guy with blonde hair entered. When he saw that she was awake, he smiled and said; “ah, you’re awake. That’s good.” Jieun quickly pulled the covers to her chest well aware that she was always after a shift, but felt fabric on her body and looked down on the big t-shirt that she was wearing. He followed her gaze and said “ah, that’s samchon’s.” She looked at him with big eyes just as another one with golden-brown hair entered and said; “ya, Hyuk-ah! You make us sound like a bunch of erts” Hyuk looked at her apologetically and said; “sorry. Ken hyung’s right. Samchon is a doctor, and it’s one of his nurses who dressed you, and she lent you her spare underwear.” so Jieun nodded slowly. Ken said “how are you feeling?” and in the same moment, her stomach growled, so the boys chuckled and Hyuk said; “let me find you something to eat” before he and Ken left the room.

 

15 minutes later, there was a knock on the door and when Jieun said “come in” came Hyuk in and said “the dinner is served”. Jieun smiled and was about to get out of bed, but he exclaimed; “Andwae!” and was by her side in a split second. Jieun looked startled at him, so he gave her a little smile and said; “sorry. Samchon says that you’d rather not put pressure on the foot.” Jieun looked down at her foot, so Hyuk sighed and said; “may, may I pick you up?” Jieun blushed, but nodded, so he lifted her carefully and carried her out to the kitchen where Ken and four other young guys already sat at the table.

Hyuk had barely sat her down next to Ken before a man in his late 30s showed up in the kitchen and when he saw her, he smiled and said; “ah, our little patient is up.” Jieun looked at him skeptically, so he said “ah, sorry, I’m Dr. Lee Younghwan, but you’re welcome to call me samchon like these boys.” She gingerly looked at them, so Dr. Lee sighed and said; “they haven’t introduced themselves, have they?” She shook her head, so he looked to the red-haired and said “Hakyeon, will you please introduce you boys?” The red-haired nodded and said; “yes, samchon” before he looked at Jieun and said; “my name is Hakyeon, but you can just call me N if you like. The one who helped you out here is Hyuk, the one next to you is Ken, and then there’s Hongbin, Ravi and Leo” while he pointed to the others. She smiled timidly and said; “my name’s Jieun. Nice to meet you.” N smiled back and said “nice to meet you, too” while Dr. Lee approached Jieun with a glass of something that looked like milk, but when she took a sip she could taste something else. She frowned so Dr. Lee said “ah, there is ginseng and ginger in it to strengthen you.”

They ate in silence for a while before N suddenly said; “hey, Jieun-sii. How old are you?” Jieun looked at him without saying anything or blink, so he quickly said; “ah, I was just wondering if you’re older or younger than us.” Jieun smiled softly and said “normally, you don’t ask for a woman’s age, but I’m 18.” Hyuk quickly smiled and said; “Ah! Then you’re younger than me!” Jieun looked questionably at him, so he gave her a small smile and said; “I’m 20 and the group’s magnae, or I was?” he made it sound as a question so the others laughed, except the one across from Jieun. She looked at him and said quietly; “how about you?” He looked briefly at her and said; “I’m 25, like N” she nodded, so Ken said; “I’m 23, and Ravi and Hongbin is 22.”

When they were done and Jieun got up, she suddenly became dizzy, but Ken managed to catch her so Dr. Lee said “just go sit in the living room.” She tried to protest, but Dr. Lee smiled and said “it’s okay. You lost a lot of blood, so your body needs time to make some more.” So she reluctantly let Ken and Ravi help her onto the couch.

When the boys were done cleaning the table, she had fallen asleep, so Hongbin carefully picked her up and carried her to bed.