Chapter 18; A talk with L.Joe

A place to Belong

Jieun had almost finished her breakfast when L.Joe entered the kitchen. She gave him a smile and said; “oh, oppa. What are you doing here?” He smiled back and said “umma picked eemo up for their brunch, so I tagged along to check on you.” Jieun nodded, remembering how her aunt and her four littermates would go out for brunch, without their mates and kids, once a month.

L.Joe sat down next to her and asked “how are you?” Jieun quickly said “I’m fine, why?” He sighed and said “Jieun-ah. Don’t lie, I know you.” He gave her a faint smirk when he continued “besides, you talk in your sleep.” She made a small whining sound before saying “fine”. She got up to put her plates away and get herself a cup of coffee, and silently asked if he wanted one as well, so he nodded.

When they were sitting in the living room with the coffee, L.Joe said “now, what are you hiding?” Jieun kept her eyes on the mug for a while before she quietly asked “what, what did I say?” He shook his head and said “you said something about flying, and with an oppa” He noticed the faint blush on her cheeks, so he smiled and said “oh, what’s this?” She whined “oppa~” but then sighed and said “if I tell you, then you have to promise that you won’t tell anyone.” He nodded but she continued “you won’t get mad either?” When he nodded again, she took a deep breath before telling him that it wasn’t Mark and his pack she was living with, but VIXX. L.Joe nodded slowly before asking “what does this have to do with flying?” Jieun bit her lip while looking at him and said; “I. Leo oppa, he. We –” L.Joe grabbed her hand and said “breathe, Jieun-ah. It’s okay, I won’t get mad.” She sighed again and carefully said “Leo oppa took me to the roof” L.Joe raised an eyebrow as a silent “explain”, so she said “LeooppaisaRoyal.” L.Joe frowned with a “what?” so she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and repeated, slower “Leo oppa is a Royal.”

The room was silent for a while, so she slowly opened her eyes to look at L.Joe. When she saw the pissed expression, she exclaimed “oppa, please, don’t be mad!” He let out a sharp “I wanna meet him!” but when Jieun visibly paled, he sighed and softly said “I don’t know what you’ve told your sisters or Jiyong hyung, but I can hear that you care a lot about him. I just want to see the man who caught your heart.” She quickly exhaled before hugging him with a “thank you”, which caused him to chuckle and hug her back, but their moment was interrupted by a female voice saying “caught your heart? Who are you talking about?” They turned to the doorway and saw Sooyoung standing there. L.Joe smiled at her and said; “you, my beauty” but didn’t let go of Jieun. Sooyoung playfully slapped his arm with a “yeah right” yet a faint blush was visible on her cheeks, before she sat down in the chair and said “but seriously, who were you talking about?”

Jieun sat back up and filled her sister in on the things she didn’t know yet. When she was done, Sooyoung looked at her with wide eyes and said “Leo oppa is a Royal?! What, what about the others?” Jieun sighed and said “samchon’s not Royal.” causing Sooyoung to say “but the others are?” and when Jieun nodded, she exclaimed “wa~ how could you stay with them?” Jieun opened to answer, but Sooyoung held her hand up and said with a sigh “I agree with oppa. I would like to speak to Leo.” As they noticed Jieun smile faded, Sooyoung grabbed her hand and said “Jieun-ah, it’s okay. If you love him, then that’s what your heart want. I just want to be sure that he knows that he either has to protect you forever or give you up to a mate.”

They sat in silence for a short while until L.Joe’s phone suddenly rang. The girls looked at him when he answered it with a casual “yo, Ricky. What’s up?”

 

By the time that Jieuns aunt returned from her litter's brunch, the house was full of laughter, for both Teen Top and Jieuns sisters had found their way to the house. The woman smiled and said “I do love listening to you young ones, but here” and handed Jieun a key. When CAP noticed the key, he gave the older an apologizing smile and said “sorry, baekmo, we’ll leave now.” Before leading the way to the Hall, a large 'living room' where the prima alpha and alphas could meet in a more casual setting.

They hadn’t been there for long before Jieuns phone rang and when she answered, a big smile graced her lips as she exclaimed “Mark!” causing some of the others to laugh. Jieuns smile faded a bit as she said “oh, really? I-I would love to, but I-” she then sighed and said “no, just hang on" before turning to the other girls and said “Mark asked me to hang out.” L.Joe heard her, so he said; “then invite them here.” She looked at him with a hesitant look, so he gave her a reassuring smile and said; “I believe everyone here wants to meet that brother of yours” making her smile brightly as she returned to the call and said; “what do you say to meet my pack?”

Soon, Mark and his litter arrived at the Mapo pack’s house. When they got to the Hall, Jieun quickly said; “guys, this is my brother Mark and his littermates; JB, Youngjae, Bambam, Jinyoung, Yugyeom and Jackson.” Before turning to the others and said “these are my sisters; Sooyoung, Minhee and Hannah. And this is Niel, Hannah’s brother, and his littermates; L.Joe, CAP, Changjo, Ricky and Chunji.”

 

At first it was a little awkward, seeing as they didn’t really know each other, but soon everyone were talking and enjoying themselves as if they had always known each other, much to Jieuns delight, and before they knew it, Jieuns aunt showed up and asked GOT7 if they wanted to join for dinner, since it was already late, but JB politely declined, since they had already promised their parents to be home for dinner.

Before they left, JB turned to Jieun and asked “are you gonna run with your pack at Full moon, or do you wanna join us?” She looked indecisively between GOT7 and her Flock members before sighing and said; “I, I don’t know. Can I give you an answer tomorrow?” Mark nodded and said “of course” before giving her a hug and whispered; “just go to them”.

 

When the Mapo pack left the room, L.Joe grabbed Jieuns arm to hold her back, and once they were alone, he said; “I’ve got some questions for you!” something about his posture made her nervous, so she tried to say “after dinner” but he shook his head and said “no, now. Or I’ll tell Jiyong hyung about Leo.” Jieun paled and quickly shook her head.

He patted the chair next to him and said “then answer my questions”. She timidly sat down, so he sighed and said; “you say that Leo is a Royal, but you haven’t told me, how you got to know him”. She bit her lip for a second before taking a deep breath, and then said “when I left here, I had a thousand feelings running through my head, so I forgot to watch where I ran and ended in a bear trap hidden in Wolf’s bane.” She took a shaky breath before continuing “if it hadn’t been for Leo oppa and the others, I would have died that night.” L.Joe sat down next to her, grabbed one of her hands and said “it’s okay. You don’t have to tell me, if it hurts” but she shook her head and said “no. I want to.” then gave him a smile and said; “they took me with them home, cared for me until I healed and became my close friends.” L.Joe nodded and said “are you more than that now?” Jieun looked down and said “I don’t know”. L.Joe opened his mouth, but was cut short by the door opening while Changjo said “hyung, Jieun-ah. Are you in here? Eemo ask-” but stopped as soon as he saw them. Jieun quickly wiped the tears away, got up and said “Thank you, Changjo oppa, I’m coming now” before she left the Hall.

As soon as they were alone, Changjo let out a soft growl towards L.Joe, but the older just got up, completely unfazed, and said “Relax, Changjo. I’m not your rival.” before he left the room.


eemo - means aunt, mom's sister. In this story, also for mom's littermates

wa - wow

baekmo - means aunt, your father’s older brother’s wife. Here also meaning wife of dad's littermates.