Chapter 6; Back on track

A place to Belong

sorry for not updating... it's hard to do when you have sick kids...

I hope you like the chapter anyway, and please, do tell me if I've made any mistakes.


“I won’t”

“you have to”

“I don’t want to!”

“Jieun-ah, you need to”

 

Jieun pouted and crossed her arms before looking away from Ken, who stood in front of her with a cup of blood. He sighed and said; “Jieun-ah, please. It’s only a little bit.” She shook her head, but just then, Leo and N came over and Leo said; “here, Jieun-ah. Drink this instead.” and handed her a smoothie. She looked at him and said warily; “what is it?” He gave her a reassuring smile and said; “it’s just a smoothie with bananas and berries, nothing dangerous.” She kept the eye contact a moment longer before she sighed and took a sip.

Ken looked at him and said; “hyung, samchon said that she had to drink this. It’s soon full moon.” Leo did not answer, and the two of them started a small stirring competition until a slurping sound told them that she had emptied her cup, so Leo said; “good girl” before he got up, took the cup from Ken and emptied it in gulp. Hyuk exclaimed; “hyung! That’s Jieun-ie’s!” but N rested a hand on his shoulder and said; “she just took her dose” while he gestured with his head. She followed his gaze and when hers landed on the glass, she looked up at Leo with an hurt expression. He quickly said; “sorry, Jieun-ah” but Ravi smiled and said; “we saw how much you disliked it yesterday. Leo hyung suggested that we mixed it with something, so you couldn’t see or taste the blood.” Jieun said seriously; “I don’t like being lied to” while she put the glass down on the coffee table, before she got up, sighed and looked at Leo when she said; “but I am thankful that you tricked me this time.” before kissing his cheek.

Just then, her phone started to ring, and when she saw the caller ID, she quickly answered it and said; “unnie!” before giving the boys an apologetic smile and went to her room. 45 minutes later she reappeared, but this time, she was dressed in a pair of cropped sport pants and t-shirt, so Hyuk curiously said; “why have you changed your clothes?” She smiled and said; “because I’m going to meet my littermates” before she proceeded to put on her shoes.

Ravi leaned on the wall with a raised eyebrow and said; “and you couldn’t do that in what you were wearing before?” She looked up and said; “yeah, but jeans aren’t that good to run in.” He quickly stood up strait and said; “wait, WHAT?!” so the rest of VIXX stopped whatever they were doing and Hyuk asked; “are you sure that’s a good idea?” so she nodded slightly and said; “it’s only light workout, besides, I already asked samchon, but thank you for your concern.” Before saying out loud; “SEE YA LATER!” and left the house before any of them had a chance to say anything else.

 

When Jieun came home little more than an hour later, the living room was empty, except for Leo who was sitting by the piano, so she slipped of the shoes and gently said; “oppa?” He looked up and said; “was it a good trip?” She brightened up in a big smile and said; “yes. I love it.” He smiled softly and said; “that’s good. Ravi and Hyuk are making dinner, so go take a shower.” Jieun nodded, men he noticed that she was lightly limping, and she had to use the wall to get up the stairs. He was with her in a split second and said in a low voice; “why are you limping?” Jieun shyly rubbed her neck and said; “I, uh, I guess I was a bit too eager with the workout.” Leo shook his head with a sigh, lifted her and carried her without a word upstairs.

When the boys was setting the table said Ken; “shall we set a plate for Jieun-ie?” but before any of the boys got to answer, Jieun entered the kitchen and said; “yes please, I’m starving!” before she got on her toes to help Ravi get glasses. Leo leaned against the kitchen counter and said; “a shower really helps, huh?” and when she nodded with a big smile, Ravi leaned close to her ear and whispered; “or was it to be carried by hyung?” Jieun blushed and stuttered; “n-no, i-it wasn’t…” so he laughed and patted her on the head while he said; “I’m just kidding. Aren’t I allowed to tease my dongsaeng?” Jieun quickly placed the glasses on the dining table, so the boys laughed, just as Dr. Lee entered the kitchen and said; “it sound like you are having fun.”

When they all sat at the table, Dr. Lee looked at Jieun and said; “you look a lot better, was it good to get started again?” She nodded with a big smile, so he said; “that’s good, how far did you girls run?” She shrugged and said; “not the far, only about three km”. Ken coughed and said; “is that supposed to be light workout?” she nodded and said; “but it is, normally I run eight or nine km.” before she mumbled; “plus some extra” and took a sip of water, but Hongbin had heard her, so he asked; “what is ‘some extra’?” She put the glass down and said; “I do some strength training as well.” They looked at her surprised, so she lightly shrugged while saying; “a lot of wolves work out, it helps doing the Shifts.”

With the help and support of Dr. Lee and VIXX, Jieun was quickly back up on running 8-9 km for an hour a day and use an hour a week to do strength training. It quickly became a habit for her to take a shower as soon as she returned from the run, and then sit down next to Leo at the piano and listen to him play while she drank her smoothie.

 

The days went by fast and a couple of days before the full moon, N happened to hear Jieun say; “you will always be my sisters” and when he could hear the sadness in her voice, he stopped to listen. Jieun sighed and said; “I know, unnie. But I don’t want to be locked up again” so he knocked lightly on the door and when she looked at him, he smiled gently and said; “Eun-ah, what’s wrong?” Jieun stuttered; “o-oppa!” before she turned her attention to the phone and said; “unnie. I’ll call you back” and hung up. She tried to give him a smile and say; “there’s nothing wrong.” But he sighed, sat down next to her on the bed, and said; “Eun-ah, first of all, your glossy eyes tell me there is something, and secondly, I overheard you say something about being locked up.” She wiped the non-existent tears away and said; “I guess I can’t lie about it now.” She gave him a sad smile and said; “when my uncle and aunt realized that I kept having blue eyes, then they forbade me to run with the others doing full moon.” N looked surprised at her, so she gave him a bitter smile and said; “the only ones I was allowed to run with were my littermates, and that was only in a small area.” N put an arm over her shoulder and said; “it’s okay, Eun-ah. You have us now, we’re gonna find an area where you can run freely.”

A sub escaped her lips, so he pulled her closer to him and said; “it’s okay, just cry it out.” while he leaned back against the wall. Jieun hugged his waist and buried her head in his chest.