chapter 9; A day with Teen Top

A place to Belong

Jieun enjoyed her littermates’ visit, but she could sense that there was something else bothering them, so when they were alone, she sighed and said; “unnie, what is it?” The other two shared a brief glance before Sooyoung said; “Changjo oppa heard us when we talked to your aunt about picking up some stuff for you –” Jieun’s eyes widened as she exclaimed “my aunt?” Minhee quickly said; “she asked if we knew where you live, and at first we said no, but she said that she just wanted to know if you have a place to stay.” Jieun nodded with a sigh, so Sooyoung said; “she accepted our answer, but oppa didn’t believe that you…” she briefly glanced at Minhee before saying; “he won’t believe you voluntarily left the pack. He said he’ll contact Jiyong oppa if you won’t meet him.” Jieun’s eyes widened, so Minhee said; “we agreed to meet for lunch tomorrow.” Jieun shook her head and said; “no, I’m not going back. I don’t want –” so Sooyoung quickly stopped her and said; “we thought you’d say that. Hannah has arranged that we meet at Namsan Tower”.

 

The next day, N drove her to Namsan Tower, and when he parked, he said; “do you want me to come with you?” She looked at him puzzled, so he smiled and said; “your heart beats like you’ve just ran a marathon.” She placed a hand over her heart, and sighed before saying; “no thanks, oppa. I don’t want to cause any trouble.” She looked towards the tower and caught sight of her littermates, Changjo, Ricky and Niel, so she quickly exhaled and said; “thanks for the ride, oppa. I promise to call you if there’s anything.” before she got out. N stayed until she reached her friends, and he could not help but smile when he saw her own big smile.

 

When they made their way to the restaurant, Changjo was quick to offer Jieun his arm, and when she shyly took it, Hannah locked arms with Niel while she mumbled “why don’t they just say how they feel.” Niel smiled at his blood sister, and said; “patience, have patience” before he turn towards Sooyoung and offered her the other arm while Ricky offered an arm to Minhee and said; “shall we?”

 

When all seven had sat down and had ordered, Changjo looked at Jieun and said; “Jieun-ah, what have you’ve been doing since last?” but it was clear that he actually asked ‘where have you been?” so the girls shared a brief look before Jieun sighed and said; “not much. I’ve just been with some friends who’s not part of this Flock.” The boys looked like they didn’t believe her, so Minhee - who was sitting across her - tapped her healed foot with her own, and when Jieun looked at her, she nodded discreetly. Jieun understood, sighed and said; “I got hurt when I went for a run that night. They helped me get on my feet again, and then I’ve lived with them since.” To Jieun’s relief, they accepted her answer and when their food had been served, they talked as if she hadn’t been gone for weeks.

When they were on their way to the parking lot, Niel suddenly said; “are you coming home next week?” The others just looked at him, so he scratched his neck and said; “ah, I just thought that it’s new moon in a week, and you haven’t been home since the last.” Jieun looked at her friends, torn between staying a part of the pack, and to avoid her uncle’s treatment. Sooyoung could sense her doubt, so she quickly spoke up; “yeah, but it’s only for the dinner, because we have made another deal.” Niel nodded shortly and said; “at least you’re coming home.”

Ricky had not said much, but when they reached the car, he suddenly said “you didn’t have anything with you, did you?” the other six looked confused at him, so he looked Jieun in the eyes and said; “when you left, did you bring anything personal?” She shook her head and said; “no, I was in wolf form” so he nodded and said; “have you ordered new cards?” Her expression answered his question, so he sighed and continued; “come on. Let’s get you some new cards.” Before he opened the door for her. Hannah and Niel had to get home, so they bid the others a quick goodbye before they all got into Changjo’s car.

 

To hours later, they had gotten a new ID card, cash card and passcard for Jieun. When they got to the car, Ricky spoke up with a smile; “where to, miss?” Sooyoung sighed and said with a dreamy look; “home. I’m craving my mom’s bibimbap” but Jieun looked away, torn between her Flock members and to get back home to VIXX. Minhee saw the look and was about to come up with an excuse for her, but just then, Jieun brightened in a big smile as she exclaimed; “Mark! Junior!” and passed by her.

When Jieun reached them, Mark said with a smile; “Jieun-ah! What are you doing here?” but she just looked down at the ground before saying; “can you please help me? You just have to play along”. Junior placed his hand on her elbow with concern and said; “what’s the problem?” but just then, the others got within hearing range, so she turned to them and said; “guys, this is Mark and Jinyoung. Two of those I live with.” Changjo sounded uncertain when he said; “how do you know Jieun-ie?” Junior said; “we ran into each other in the forest some time ago.” Changjo gave an acknowledging sound as Junior gave Jieun a knowing smile and Minhee could see the jealousy that Changjo tried to hide as his eyes traveled to Junior’s hand that was still on Jieun’s elbow. Just then, Sooyoung said; “you have a perfect timing. We were just about to take Jieun home.” before she looked at Minhee with a knowing look. Minhee quickly understood it; that Jieun didn’t want Ricky and Changjo to know where she was living, so she grabbed Ricky’s arm and said; “oppa, let’s go home. I’m starving.” Ricky nodded and said; “okay, let’s go. See you, Jieun-ah” before grabbing Changjo’s arm and saying; “come on.”

When they were gone, Jieun turned to Mark and Junior, bowed to them and said; “I’m sorry I took up you’re time, thank you for the help” and was about to leave, but Junior was quick to stop her and say; “Jieun-sii. We have the car with us, do you want a ride?” She look at Mark, and something about the little smile he gave her made her smile and accept their offer.

 

They got to the vampires’ house just as Dr. Lee got home from work, so he asked them who they were, and when he heard that Mark was the other hybrid, he invited them to come for dinner someday, and they agreed to come with the rest of their litter the next weekend.