Chapter 3; Bonding with VIXX

A place to Belong

Jieun woke up the next morning from someone calling for her, and when she opened her eyes, she saw that N was sitting on the edge of her bed. She sent him a sleepy smile and said; “hi” He smiled back and said; “good morning. Did you sleep well?” Jieun nodded, but then spotted the cup in his hand and asked; “what’s that?” N glanced at the cup before he said; “ah, samchon has made some milk for you.” Jieun carefully pulled herself up to sit and accepted the cup while she said; “thanks oppa.” The words barely left her lips before she slapped a hand over , and with big eyes, stammered; “I’m sorry. I, I don’t know –” but N smiled reassuringly and said; “it’s okay. You can call me oppa if you like.” Jieun gave him a big smile, so he chuckled and said; “go on, drink your milk, while I check if breakfast is ready.”

Shortly after, there was a knock on the door and Dr. Lee entered, and Jieun exclaimed happy; “samchon. What brings you here?” He smiled at her and said; “Hakyeon said you were awake, so I thought I would just check up on you.” She nodded and placed the now empty cup on the nightstand before he sat at the edge of the bed, and took her foot.

He had just finished when N came in and said that the food was ready, so Dr. Lee held out a hand for Jieun and said with a smile; “come, let us get some breakfast.” When he saw her expression, he chuckled and said; “your wounds are so healed that you may put light pressure on it.”

Jieun smiled and quickly swung her legs out of bed and got up while she said; “thanks, samchon. I was – AH!” Dr. Lee quickly caught her as the leg gave in under her, and said; “light pressure.” She nodded and took a cautious step towards N, and he offered her an arm.

 

When Dr. Lee was done eating, he looked at Jieun and said; “do you want me to drop you off at home on my way to work?” She shook her head and said; “no thank you. I, uh, vampires aren’t appreciated at the Den.” Leo could sense that there was something she did not tell, so he placed a hand on hers and said; “Jieun-ah, what is it?” She looked him in the eyes for a moment, internal debate in her eyes, before she sighed and said; “I don’t have a pack.” The others looked at her surprised, and Dr. Lee said; “you don’t look like a Lone wolf.” Jieun looked down her plate and said; “no, but they think I’m a freak.” The words barely left before Hongbin said; “is it because of your blue eyes?” Everyone looked at him surprised, so he stuttered; “I, I saw them when we found you. Ju-just before you passed out.” Jieun looked at him without a word, so Ken said; “I thought werewolves had yellow eyes.”

Jieun smiled slightly and said; “We do.” She looked back down and continued; “the others says I’m so ugly because my mom didn’t have a mate.” Ravi reacted quickly by squatting down next to her and say; “hey, Jieun-ah, you’re not ugly” and Hyuk said; “no, you have the most beautiful white fur I have ever seen.” Jieun gave the boys a tight smile, so Dr. Lee said; “you can stay here for the time being.” She looked up uneasy, but then sent him a genuine smile and said; “thank you. Samchon.”

 

After lunch, they agreed to sit down in the living room with a movie, and had only just started it when Dr. Lee came home. Ken looked at him in surprise and said; “samchon! I didn’t think you’d come home before tonight.” Dr. Lee smiled and said; “ah, it didn’t take that long today, and then I found this for Jieun-ie.” Jieun responded to her name and said; “what’s for me?” so Dr. Lee smiled and said; “this” and handed her a shopping bag. She accepted it, pulled out a box and looked skeptically at him. Ravi placed a hand on her shoulder and said; “go on, open it. It’s not like it’s y underwear.” Jieun rolled her eyes, but opened the box anyway and found a blue dress wrapped in silk paper, with a pair of plain white flats on top. She put the shoes down on the floor, held the dress up and said; “what’s this?” N couldn’t help saying; “it looks like a dress” so she said; “oppa~” but the continued with a smile; “I know what it is, but what is it for?” Now, Hongbin couldn’t help chuckle and say; “it’s to wear” but when Jieun raised an eyebrow, he said; “sorry, couldn’t help it” Dr. Lee cleared his thought and said; “you said that you don’t have a pack anymore, so I thought you’d might want to live here.” She twisted skeptically, so he said; “you can’t live on the streets.” She sighed and said; “is it really okay?” before looking at VIXX who nodded. She smiled brightly, so Dr. Lee clapped his hands and said; “then let’s go shopping.” The others looked at him suspiciously, so he said; “what? You can’t keep using our things” so she laughed, but nodded.


A/N: A double update with two small chapters.

What do you think of the story so far? Is it readable?