Chapter 15; Truth unhidden

A place to Belong

Jieun closed her eyes and enjoyed feeling the warm water run down her body, especially her right arm and hand. After two days, she had been so annoyed by the cast that she had asked dr. Lee if she could get rid of it. He had removed it on the condition that she used a brace instead and now, two days later, the irritation and itching was gone.

When they had come home that night and the rest of VIXX had seen her cast, they had started to fuss over her and had asked what had happened, but Ravi had stopped them with a story of it being an accident when they had fooled around.

To her surprise, they had accepted his explanation, and Leo had cooked dinner that night; rose pasta, one of the first dishes he had made after she arrived, and that she had loved. She had believed that it was the beginning of returning to how it was before new moon, but to her disappointment was he still as distant.

 

Jieun got out of the shower and got dressed before putting on her brace, but then stopped as a thought struck her. She quickly grabbed her phone and wallet before putting on her shoes and took the buss to dr. Lee’s office. When he opened the door, he smiled and said “Jieun-ah. What a pleasant surprise. What are you doing here?” but she looked at him with a serious look and said “I need to talk to you. Without the boys can hear us.” He looked at her in surprise for a moment before he said “I see. Well then, come on in.” When they came in and the door had closed behind them, he gestured towards a chair as if to say please have a seat while he said “what can I do for you?” She sighed and said “I’m moving out.” Dr. Lee stopped moving for a second before he said; “you’re what?” so she sighed and said “I’m moving. I really like you all, a lot, and I’m really grateful for what you’ve all have done for me, but I must admit that I’m in love with Leo oppa, and it hurts to much to be ignored every day.” He leaned on the edge of his desk with a slow exhale and said “when do you move, then? And where to? To Mark?” Jieun shook her head and said “I don’t know yet. I haven’t told anybody yet, I wanted you to be the first to know.” He nodded and gave her a faint smile “thank you. Please let me know when you’ve figured it out and I shall do whatever I can to help you.”

When she left the office, she pulled out her phone and called Sooyoung. When the call was answered, she only managed to say “unnie” before Sooyoung said “what’s wrong? Wanna meet up?” since she could hear on Jieun’s voice that something was wrong.

 

Half an hour later, the two girls were sitting on a bench, each with a cup of coffee, and Sooyoung asked; “so, what’s going on?” Jieun exhaled and told her friend everything. When she was done, Sooyoung nodded and said “and you don’t ask Mark to live there because…?” Jieun quickly said “because I miss my litter and –” she quickly stopped herself and looked down, but Sooyoung gave her a understanding smile and said “it’s okay. Come back to Mapo first, then we’ll figure out what to do from there.” Jieun nodded with a teary smile and said “thank you, unnie. What would I have done without you?” Sooyoung hugged her “go on home, I’ll call once I've talked to Hannah and Minhee.”

 

Jieun tried several times throughout the day to tell VIXX that she would be moving, but couldn’t find the right way or time. After supper, and a permission from Dr. Lee, Jieun put on her training clothes and went to the tread mill to blow of some frustrations. She hadn’t been running for long though, when her phone rang and when she saw that it was Sooyoung, she answered and put it on speaker.

     “I’ve spoken to Changjo and Niel hyungje. They’ll come and pick you up tomorrow.”

     “great. What time do they pick me up? Just so that I know what time to be ready”

     “are you that eager?”

Jieun sighed “No, I just don’t want anybody getting hurt more than necessary.”

Sooyoung made an agreeing sound and said “not before late afternoon.”

After the call ended, Jieun went upstairs to take a shower.

 

Unknown to her, some of the boys were in Dr. Lee's office at that same time, having a serious talk; Leo’s strange behavior towards her.

Leo said with a loud voice “you don’t get it!" but then sighed and continued "I’m attracted to her! Not like to the scent of food, but as to the warmth of a fire. God! I just wanna take her in my arms and hold her close and never let go!” Ravi shook his head with a small smirk and said; “do you even know why she broke her hand?” when Leo just looked at him confused, he said “because she’s hurting – you’re hurting her!” Leo looked like he had been slapped as he mumbled “what? No, how?”

Hongbin was about to answer him, but didn’t get the change, because Hyuk had just entered the room and said; “hyung, she’s moving out tomorrow.” The others looked at him in surprise, so he continued “I just heard her talk to her littermate.”

He barely finished before Leo rushed out, leaving the others stunned.

 

Jieun had just gotten her brace and tanktop off when the door opened and Leo stood in front of her. His eyes quickly ran over her body before they ended on hers, and for a split second his eyes glowed ice blue as his instincts kicked in, but before she could react, she found his hands cupping her face and his lips on hers.

Jieun froze, bringing Leo back to his senses, so he pulled back and muttered; “sorry.” But Jieun quickly grabbed his shirt, tiptoed and kissed him again. Leo closed his eyes and his hands, that were still on her cheeks, moved to her shoulder blades as he pulled her closer and deepend the kiss.

After a while, Leo realized that the shower was on, so he pulled back once again, but rested his forehead against her while he said; “you better get in the shower while there’s still hot water.” She had her eyes closed as she, slightly breathless, said “huh?” but then quickly opened her eyes while she exclaimed “omo! The shower!” He chuckled, making her blush as she hurried to the bathroom.

 

Jieun used longer time in the shower than usual, because even though she tried to concentrate on the shower, the kiss kept replaying in her head and a tingling sensation ran down her neck and shoulder blades where Leo’s fingers had brushed against her skin.

When she finally was done and got down to the living room, she saw Leo sitting at the piano so she walked over and timidly called his name. He looked up and smiled at her as he made room for her and said “I started to fear you wouldn’t come down”. She slowly sat down at the edge of the stool, so he stopped playing and said “I’m sorry Jieun-ah.” She quickly looked at him, so he continued; “I hope you can forgive me for kissing you. I didn’t mean to –” Jieun interrupted him with a small voice “you didn’t mean to?” so he turned to her and said; “Jieun-ah. I like you, I've liked you for a while, but I tried to keep my distance because I didn't want you to get hurt.”

He saw her confused look, so he gave her a rather sad smile as he turned back towards the piano and continued “you’re a wolf. Somewhere you have a mate. I didn’t want you to–” Jieun giggled, so he turned to her in surprise. She touched his chin gently and said; “I was afraid you’d turn me away, but most of all, I was afraid you would get hurt.” Her eyes glowed with sincerity, so he pulled her closer and as his eyes turned blue, he whispered “let’s not think about that” before he kissed her again and she felt the tension leave her body.

 

They sat side by side at the piano for a while until he said “hey, Jieun-ah, let me show you something!” before he took her hand and led her to the garden. She looked at him confused, but he gave her a gentle smile and said “trust me?” Jieun stepped closer, so his smile widened as he wrapped his arms around her waist and unfolded his wings. She only got to say “what are you–” before he took off, and she instinctively threw her arms around his neck and buried her head against his chest.

Shortly after, she felt solid ground under her feet at the same time as he let a finger run down her cheek and whispered “Eun-ah, open your eyes.” She obeyed and saw that they were standing on the roof. He smiled at her and said “look” while pointing to the city behind her, so she carefully turned around, and gasped. Under them was Seoul with all her light and life, but over them shined the stars from a clear sky – and just above them was the bright moon. Leo, who still had his arms around her waist, said “tonight is First quarter.” Jieun sighed and unconsciously leaned back against his chest.

 

When they had been standing like that for a while and enjoyed the night, Leo noticed that Jieun tried to hide a yawn, so he spread his spread his wings and said “come on, I’ll take you back inside.” She tried to protest, so he whispered “it’s okay” and planted a kiss on her cheek before he tightened his grip and flew down.

 


Hyungje - brothers

First quarter - a phase of the moon where it's a perfect half moon, seen between new moon and full moon