Chapter 16; The Dragon arrives

A place to Belong

sorry the long wait... exams and the kids have taken all my time...

red text is spoken in japanese and blue are spoken in english


The next morning, Jieun woke by someone gently calling her name, so she slightly opened her eyes long enough to see Leo sitting on the edge of the bed. She smiled and said drowsily “oppa. I dreamt of you. You were playing the piano for me and told me you like me before you took me to the roof and showed me the moon.” She sighed, “it was a good dream” but then opened her eyes wide when she felt a pair of lips on her own. Leo pulled his head back and gave her a loving smile as he said; “it wasn’t just a dream” She pulled herself to a sitting position before saying “it, it really happened?” and when he nodded, a giant smile spread across her lips as she threw her arms around his neck and whispered “thank you” He hugged her back and inhaled deeply before murmuring “you’re welcome” and placed a kiss on her exposed shoulder before he pulled back and said “but hyung’s made breakfast, and unless you want him in here, then you better get up.” She pouted but still dragged herself out of bed.

As Jieun gradually became awake, she realized that the boys all were quiet and serious. It was so unlike them that she accidently exclaimed; “ya, have you all turn into Leo oppa? Say something”. They all look at her with a strange look, that made her flinch and say “I, I’m sorry. I –” but then stopped and looked down. N put down his utensils and said; “Hyuk heard you yesterday. That you’re moving.” Her head snapped up with surprise and N looked hurt when he said “today”. She ran her eyes over the boys until it landed on Leo, and he gave her a faint reassuring smile, so she looked at Hyuk and said; “you told the others?” He nodded and said “yeah, I couldn’t –” but stopped as she suddenly stood up. But to the boys’ surprise, she hurried to Hyuk’s side and hugged him while saying “thank you”. When he just looked at her, Hongbin said; “I guess you got to talk?” She nodded with a smile, but something about it made Ravi smirk and say “or whatever you did” so she cried out “oppa~” and quickly sat down. Leo placed a hand on the small of her back and the other vampires clearly saw the joy and love in her eyes.

Hyuk cleared his throat to get her attention and said “do you, do you still move?” Jieun sighed as she said “I don’t know” but then leaned into Leo’s touch as she continued; “but at least not for now”. The mood clearly lifted as they continued to eat, but after a while said N “Agi-ah, does your friends know you’re not coming home?” She nodded and said “yeah, I talked to Sooyoung unnie before going to bed.”

Jieun and VIXX had only just finished lunch when Sooyoung called and Jieun had barely answered before she said; “have you packed?” Jieun sighed and said; “unnie. I told you last night that I’m not moving home after all”

“you have to come home!”

“why?”

Sooyoung suddenly sounded distressed as she said “because someone has told Jiyong oppa that you’ve been taken by vampires.”

“WHAT?!” Everyone looked at Jieun in shock, but she paid no attention to them, especially when Sooyoung said; “he’s landing in Incheon in 10 minutes.” Jieun turned pale as Sooyoung continued; “I gave Changjo your address, he’s on his way”. Jieun sighed and thanked her before hanging up and rushed to her bedroom.

Leo and N followed her, and when they saw her packing her stuff, Leo exclaimed rather angry “Jieun! What are you doing?” but when she looked up and he saw the tears in her eyes, he rushed to her side and tenderly said “what’s wrong” She hugged him tightly and said in a low voice “someone told my cousin that I'm being held captive by vampires, so he’s on his way home.” Leo lifted her head and said lovingly; “we won’t let anything happen to you, I will protect you.” She gave him a tender, yet sad smile and said; “oppa. My cousin is one of the best fighters we have. He has trained his whole life to protect the Flock from vampires.” N said; “so, you’re going home in order to stop him?” She nodded, but they could see the fear in her eyes, so Leo pulled her close and kissed her temple.

15 minutes later, the doorbell rang and when Hyuk opened stood Niel and Changjo outside, and Niel immediately said “where’s Jieun-ie? Is she ready?” so Hyuk exclaimed; “ya!” but just then, Jieun, N and Leo came down the stairs as Jieun said “I’m here. Catch!” and threw her bag to the two wolves before putting on her shoes.

The rest of the residents had come as well, and now they looked at their eldest for answer, but he ignored them as he looked directly at Changjo and said; “how much time do you have?” Changjo shrugged and said “about half an hour.” N nodded a single time before looking to Jieun and said “we’ll explain to the kids, keep us informed?” She got up and said “of cause” as Leo came out of the kitchen with a thermal mug and said knowingly “something to pick you up”. Jieun accepted the mug and gave his hand a tight squeeze before leaving.

Changjo had just parked in front of his uncle’s house when Jieun’s uncle turned into the driveway and when Jieun saw the two young men on the backseat, she instinctively grabbed Changjo’s hand. He gave it a small reassuring squeeze before he let her go and said “Jiyong hyung! Taeyang hyung! What a surprise!” G-Dragon nodded in acknowledge, but then his eyes landed on Jieun and his expression lit up in a mix of surprise, relief and joy as he said “Jieun-ah? I thought –. Why couldn’t I reach you?” Jieun gave him a nervous smile and said “ah, my phone was stolen”. He frowned and said “I tried to call home, but mom always had an excuse as to why you couldn’t come to the phone.” He used a judgmental tone of voice, so Changjo instinctively stepped between them and said; “hyung, it’s because she’s staying with some friends who’s not part of our Flock, and –” G-Dragon raised an eyebrow and said “friends who’s not part of our Flock? Who?”

Jieun swallowed hard and looked to Niel for help, what was she supposed to say? She couldn’t exactly tell him that she was living with seven vampires. Even her friends didn’t know that six of them were Royal. Luckily, she was saved by Hannah, who had come out with the rest of their litter, when she said “Mark. Jieun-ie has been staying with Mark and his family for the last month or so.” Everyone looked at her, so she hid behind her brother and Taeyang said “Mark? Who is that?” Jieun opened to answer, but her aunt beat her to it and said; “Mark is Jieun-ah’s half-brother. Welcome home Jiyong-ah, Youngbae-ah. Now, get inside before people start to get to curious!”

When they all got inside, Jieun made eye contact with her cousin, and when he gave her a faint smile, she mumbled “oh God!” before she threw her arms around his neck and said “I’ve missed you. I’ve missed you so much!” G-Dragon chuckled, but still wrapped his arms around her waist and said “I missed you too”.

As they all entered the living room, Ricky said “hey, hyung. Where’s Kiko and Haeun jamae?” Taeyang sat down in the couch with a sigh and said “we could only get two tickets from Guangzhou at such short notice, so they’re coming with the others tomorrow”.

A silence fell over the room and Jieun felt guilty, knowing that they had prioritized getting two of the fighters home first. She was about to apologize when Minhee said; “oppa, was it a nice trip?” Everybody knew it was to get the mood up, but Taeyang smiled none the less and jumped into a story of what they had experienced on the journey.

When they all sat down at the dinner table, it was as if Taeyang suddenly remembered why they had come home early, for he looked at Jieun and said “Jieun-ah. How come Changjo and Niel picked you up today? Weren’t there any from your brother’s pack who could drive you?” There was a suspicious undertone, so Jieun quickly said; “no, they were busy.” Which wasn’t a complete lie since Dr. Lee had told her that JB’s dad would have some tests done that day. Taeyang’s mom asked “what could that be?” Jieun was about to answer when a voice said “that’s private matter!” Everyone turned to the door and saw JB, Mark and Jackson standing there. Jieun jumped up with a happy “oppa!” and rushed over, hugged Mark and whispered “how?” He whispered back “Leo” just as Changjo’s mom entered and said with a smile “what a timing. We were just about to eat.” His dad cleared his throat and said “yeobo” so she exclaim “ah!” before looking at Jieun and said “perhaps you should introduce your guests.”

Jieun laughed at her happy nature and said “yes, eemo” before she looked at the others and said “this is my brother, Mark, and his littermates, Jackson and JB.” One of the Mapo wolves mumbled “what kind of stupid names are that?” but both Mark and Jieun had heard her and snapped their heads towards her with killing gazes, and Mark even growl lowly. Prima Choi angrily stood up, but before he could say anything, JB said “kids” in a warning tone, and to the Mapo Flock’s surprise, the siblings stepped back. Jieun even turned with a small bow.

When the night was coming to an end and the boys were getting ready to go home, Mark looked at his sister and asked if she was coming. She said “not tonight.” but then smiled and said “tonight, I wanna enjoy having Jiyong oppa all to myself.” He nodded and said “I understand” before switching to English “promise to call if there’s anything”.

Jieun and G-Dragon spent the next day like so many times before while growing up; tucked up in the double bed with blankets, pillows, snacks and good movies on the TV, and just enjoying each other’s company before the rest of his litter would come later that day.


jamae - sisters