s p i t e

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Have fun, enjoy, and leave many comments~

###

    

 

 

 

 

 

    Arriving at the doors of the C.I.A. headquarters, Bambam’s excitement grew more and more. His flight had just landed a couple of hours ago, and now he has to report to the center, receiving his assignment that was assigned to him by his other Vice Captain, who’s probably in Jeju right now with the original Vice Captain. 

 

 

    The young agent exhaled calmly, sending his nerves away on a trip, as he promptly fixed his suit and tie. Bambam entered with a subtle grin dancing on his lips. “I’m here to see Agent Jackson Wang,” he said to the receptionist in fluent English. 

 

 

    “Captain Jackson Wang of Black Hawks?” The receptionist looked at Bambam through her thick-framed glasses, her eyebrow arching a little. 

 

 

    “I believe so,” the Thai agent nodded slowly, unsure of what position was this person he’s reporting to, “yes.” 

 

 

    The receptionist went back to flying her long fingers over the keyboard like she’s in a race against time. After a couple of seconds, she glanced up at the young agent with a small smile. “You’re from K.N.S.S.?”

 

 

    “Yes, I am,” Bambam quickly reached into the inner pocket of his suit jacket and pulled out his badge. 

 

 

    Scanning through Bambam’s badge with eyes as fast as lightning, the receptionist nodded, “welcome, sir. Right this way, please.” She guided Bambam to a hall of glass elevators. “Take a left at the end of Floor Seventh and you’ll find Captain Wang’s office.” 

 

 

    “Thank you,” Bambam said, slightly bowing out of Korean’s courtesy habit. 

 

 

    Following the instructions given, Bambam managed to find the office. He didn’t hesitate as he knocked confidently. The door opened, revealing an agent, who Bambam assumed to be Captain Wang. 

 

 

    “Come on in,” he waved and stepped aside, “I’ve been expecting you. Heard from Mark that you’re a prodigy. I’m Jackson.” 

 

 

    “I’m Bambam, sir.”

 

 

    “Drop the ‘sir,’ it gets cheesy.” 

 

 

    They settled down, and minutes later, a secretary came in with a tray of two coffee mugs and a dish of cookies. Jackson casually popped a cookie in his mouth and sipped onto his coffee as Bambam watched awkwardly. “Help yourself. Don’t be all stiff like that.” The Captain said after noticing how cautious and careful the Thai agent was acting. 

 

 

    Bambam nodded and reached out, helping himself with a cookie and coffee; he hasn’t had anything other than early breakfast anyways. It’s a pain to wake up at the break of dawn and realize he only got two hours of sleep. But then it’s his fault for staying up so late to finish watching the reruns of his dramas. Bambam sighed, hoping to get this day over with. 

 

 

    “So, how’s Mark?” Jackson asked, setting the mug down gently. 

 

 

    “He’s doing good, currently escorting the Chairman,” Bambam replied, mouth still chewing. 

 

 

    Jackson nodded, understanding because Mark did mention something about it before. And that topic was dropped. Jackson didn’t want to pry anything open, besides, he doubted that Bambam would know anything more. He’ll just asks Mark about the details later. Now, there’s more important matters at hands. Jackson pulled out a black folder with a huge, red “CLASSIFIED” printed across. 

 

 

    “Here,” Jackson handed over to Bambam.

 

 

    The young agent immediately took it, opening up the folder to study its content. After a minute or so of speeding through the information, Bambam looked up with wide eyes. “This…” 

 

 

    “Our target is Chairman Park, yes,” the C.I.A. Captain didn’t hesitate to confirm it. “Well, not technically speaking, of course we can’t target the world’s Chairman. But the target is more like that of the illegal chain of human trafficking and trading. Now that you’re in on this, I can tell you that Mark’s mission in South Korea is this. The start of this chain is in Korea. This is coded Operation Phoenix, in which Mark is the leader. He’s doing all the dirty works. Our jobs are pretty simple. It’s just a two-months trip to Brazil as undercovers, since the chain linked Russia, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and South Korea. The others countries already have agents scurrying around except Brazil. So, for the next two months, we’ll be partners. I hope Mark didn’t make a mistake in picking you to go. You’re quite young, so let’s hope this all ends well. Any questions?”

 

 

    “What does this has to do with my Vice-Captain?” Although a bit confused, Bambam was still shocked to find Jinyoung’s profile within the many pages typed about this deadly operation. What exactly was going on… 

 

 

    Jackson sighed and tapped his desk, “I’m not sure. Mark suddenly added Chairman Park’s file without telling me anything. I’m guessing he got something to do with it?” 

 

 

    “That’s impossible,” Bambam said, voice hard, expressing a bit of anger that these Americans are suspecting his Vice-Captain. 

 

 

    “Look, all I know is that Park Jinyoung’s case is being handled by Mark, okay? We don’t even got to worry about it. Everyone is a suspect. This is sensitive . I’m not even surprised that Mark added Chairman Park to the list. The business world is a scary place. Anything could happen, but I’m sure if your Vice-Captain is clean, then he’ll be soon taken off the list,” Jackson defended, feeling wronged at how stern Bambam’s voice was. 

 

 

    With Jackson’s words, Bambam finally calmed down a bit. “He’s clean,” Bambam said, sounding as confident as ever. It’s Jinyoung they’re talking about here. Even with the strict scoldings and harsh criticisms, Jinyoung was a nice person, who cares a lot about others. There’s no way he’s linked to any of this. 

 

 

    “We’ll see. Mark would have to give an answer soon.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “What do you want now? I literally just walked in thirty minutes ago and you kicked me out.” Mark grumpily opened the door to the Chairman’s office, face scrunched of in annoyance. He was having lunch until one of the guards called him urgently. 

 

 

    Jinyoung didn’t say anything, instead, stared at Mark with cold eyes. Mark wasn’t fazed, completely unaffected by Jinyoung’s gaze, because it wasn’t as scary as the Chairman’s. Time dragged on as none of them utters a single word. It always comes down to who was more hard-headed than who. Who was more willing to give up first than who. Unnecessary, but that’s how two enemies communicate besides ripping each other’s throat.

 

 

    Mark rolled his eyes and gave up first, because this whole thing wasn’t going anywhere pleasant and only takes up time. “I don’t have all day. What do you want?” 

 

 

    With Mark’s white flag of surrender, Jinyoung looked down at the white folder in front of him. He picked it up and threw it at the agent. Relying on his fast reflex, Mark caught it without dropping any of the contents inside. Jinyoung stood up and slowly made his way over, “why the is my name on that list of suspect?” 

 

 

    “You’re not supposed to know about this,” Mark said as he flipped through the document, eyebrows furrowed, irritated and alert of Jinyoung’s knowledge about Phoenix. “This is-“

 

 

    “Answer my question.” 

 

 

    Mark closed the folder in an abrupt manner and scoffed, “why shouldn’t you be? You gave me all the reasons to put you on here-“

 

 

    “Out of all the s I’ve done, I can tell you that I am not in any way involved in that chain.” 

 

 

    “I don’t care. You’re still under investigation.” 

 

 

    “Right, because you assumed that I resorts to these simple methods of illegals. How cute, Tuan. Have you not learn anything about me?” 

 

 

    “I’ve learned you’re a cold-blooded murderer and yes, I agree, these lowly things such as human trafficking isn’t your taste. You’re more of an abuser of power and lover of killing innocents, which is even worse than human trafficking.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung grabbed Mark’s arm, squeezing it, digging his nails into the sleeve of the agent’s suit, eyes staring with flames igniting within, teeth gritting as his blood boils. Although Mark was starting to feel the pain, he willed himself to show no reaction. Being someone who unconsciously craves attention from a certain person, the lack of emotions on Mark’s face only encouraged Jinyoung to harden his grip, causing undeniably pains spreading through the flow of Mark’s veins. Jinyoung was strong in every aspect. 

 

 

    “Take me off,” the Chairman commanded, “now.” 

 

 

    Yanking his arm back, Mark managed to escape Jinyoung’s grip. The agent glared, refusing to back down to someone so vile. “I don’t ing care who you are, but you don’t get to order me. I’m not here to please you.” 

 

 

    Letting out a mocking scoff, Jinyoung was in disbelief, “how could you think that I’m this dumb, Mark. I know why you’re here. Been knowing since the moment the ing President called me to inform that you’ll be my personal bodyguard. Give me a break. You really think me, the most powerful person in this world, wouldn’t know that you’ve got a hold of my profile and currently on a mission to kill me? Please, what a ing joke. I’ve been knowing all along, Mark. I thought you were smarter than this." 

 

 

    Of course. It’s no surprise that Jinyoung already knows. Mark had already saw it coming. He just wasn’t prepared when it hits. 

 

 

    The Chairman stepped closer, invading his bodyguard's personal space, leaning over his shoulder. “I kept you close, so I could make 'killing me' an easier task. Maybe you’re the stupid one for not taking up this offer,” Jinyoung whispered in Mark’s ear, his breath ghosting over the agent’s skin. 

 

 

    Mark didn’t move a muscle. Except for balling his fists to control his rage. Jinyoung was stepping on his pride, and he couldn’t even let that bastard get a single reaction out of him. Mark is smart. And Park Jinyoung isn’t hard to read. Not to Mark anyways. The brat loves knowing he’s right. So, Mark let the young master thinks so. 

 

 

    Jinyoung stepped away, a victorious smirk played on his daring lips as his eyes shone with an indifferent glint of hunger. He walked back to his desk with light footsteps, sparing Mark a subtle glance before he gently placed his hand on his phone, tapping softly on the black screen. The Chairman looked up at his bodyguard with dead eyes. “You know, Mark, even if you can kill me, you won’t.”

 

 

    “Why wouldn’t I? I’m dying to kill you,” Mark scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

 

 

    “Because I’ve got leverage.” 

 

 

    “Leverage? What leverage, Jinyoung. I’ve got nothing-“

 

 

    “Sir,” a voice bounced off the walls of the huge office, coming from the phone laying on top of the Chairman’s desk. “Target locked. Do you want us to-“

 

 

    “No,” Jinyoung smiled while looking up at Mark, “keep an eye on them.” 

 

 

    Reading the situation, Mark immediately falters. Jinyoung’s smile only grew wider; he got the reaction he wanted. “You-“ The agent was ready to launch himself at that sick bastard. 

 

 

    “Don’t do anything until I told you to do so. Just keep watching them, because I’ve got their son on a leash. Right, Mark?” 

 

 

    Despite wanting to bash a ing gun in Jinyoung’s ridiculously arrogant face, Mark had to hold himself back. Jinyoung somehow got men on Mark’s family over in America. He can’t be acting rashly. Chairman Park isn’t afraid to do anything. Mark’s reckless behavior could cost his entire family to drown in their own blood. 

 

 

    “Low move, Jinyoung,” the agent spat, anger lacing with increasing disgust hardens the tone of his voice. “You’re using an innocent family as hostage?” 

 

 

    “I’ve already kill so many people and done many awful things, this would be nothing,” the Chairman shrugged, casually acting like none of it had ever affected him in some type of way. “You’re no exception, Mark Tuan. I believe I’ve already told you that.”

 

 

    Then tension in the room rises by seconds as the two continues to stare each other down. Jinyoung knew he had won, because despite Mark’s stern composure, the agent was cautious and way beyond concern. Family, as it turns out, was Mark’s weakness. Love is Mark’s greatest downfall. Which meant more beneficial to Jinyoung, since he has no love at all. 

 

 

    As expected, Chairman Park is superior. He’s strong and brutal. He’s stable and clean of anything that could bring him to his knees. He doesn’t need feelings to be something that could backfires and kills him. Jinyoung won’t bow down to stupid concepts such as love.   

 

 

    Jinyoung broke their eye staring war first, amusingly smirking as his eyes casted down. Sinister crossed his face. Unknowingly, he’s in a good mood, impressed with himself after one-sidedly enjoying the displeasing look on Mark’s face. And Jinyoung didn’t mind showing it by the tug of the corner of his lips. 

 

 

    Mark glared. Anger rising with the urge to rip that devilish smirk from the Chairman’s face. Mark has never felt so powerless. 

 

 

    “Park Jinyoung, you-"

 

 

    The words never did came out of Mark’s mouth as one of Jinyoung’s men hastily bursted through the doors. “Sir, please do remember to be present at this evening’s congratulatory party of President Jung of Jung’s Corporation.” 

 

 

    “Tell me why do I need to bother going to that erted bastard’s lame- party,” Jinyoung rolled his eyes but sighed, “all right, I got it. Next time, though, ing knock before you enter. There’s a door for a ing reason.” 

 

 

    “My apologies, sir,” the guard bowed respectfully, a bit shaken from the Chairman’s annoyed tone, “it will never happen again.” 

 

 

    “Bet your it won’t,” Jinyoung glared. “Get out.” 

 

 

    Without another word, the guard dismissed. Mark was planning on to leave quietly, but his sudden body movement caught Jinyoung’s hawk eyes. “Have we reached an understanding yet, Tuan?” 

 

 

    Teeth harshly gritted tight together, hiding the fury and fire he’s been holding was the last thing on Mark’s mind. The more he stared, the more his stomach churned and ached as if a thousand daggers piercing through his skin. As if he’s stepping on broken glass. As if he’s being burned alive under those fearsome gaze of a monster. Swallowing down the lump stuck in his throat, Mark lowered his head, shouldering the shame and pain for himself to suffer. “Yes, sir.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    In a dim room with an overwhelming smell of sweet passion fruit scent, Suzy searched around, allowing her eyes to adjust to the lack of brightness. She stood still in her spot, alerted and vigorous. Adrenaline pumping through her veins. Excitement set a goal at the her foot. She was calm, although her heart was heavy with guilt. 

 

 

    “You’re here,” a voice from within the darkness called out. 

 

 

    “As you requested, sir,” Suzy replied, unsure of where to look as darkness surrounded her. 

 

 

    The figure was overshadowed beyond recognition in this pit of lightless. “Just checking up on how you’re doing, Agent.” 

 

 

    “I’m not an agent, sir.”

 

 

    “Yet. You’re still a trainee, aren’t you?” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir.” 

 

 

    “Great. If you do well, you’ll get promoted.” 

 

 

    The mention of a possible promotion got Suzy’s undivided attention. Everything she’d done have come down to this. There’s nothing she needs more than a promotion into one of K.N.S.S.’s Special Units. Suzy hasn’t realized the power of desperation could do to a person. 

 

 

    A light chuckle echoed throughout the dark room. A cunning smile rested upon the face of the shadowed mastermind. “I’ll have you put in Special Unit G. Thought I’ll have someone keeping an eye on that Captain and his Vice. But that if you've accomplished your mission, Suzy.” 

 

 

    “Please, give me more time. I can promise you that I could do it,” Suzy said, confidence finds her at her best, desperation also finds her at her best. She had set aside her yearning heart and sacrificed the only thing she’d ever treasured. She decided that there will be no regrets. She’s a strong person, she had thought. She didn’t need anyone else, she had lied to herself. But greed was a wondrous sin. 

 

 

    Suzy grinned, already contaminated that purity she has left, “would you believe me if I said that the checkbook is in my apartment right at this moment?” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Before another step was taken, Mark was stopped by a forceful hand. The agent darted his eyes over. In a harsh tone, Mark hissed, “what do you want?” 

 

 

    “Wear this,” Jinyoung said nonchalantly, his hand shoving the familiar pair of dark glasses up against his annoyed bodyguard’s chest. 

 

 

    “Why do I always have to wear this?” Mark questioned as he took the shades. 

 

 

    Turning to face Mark, Jinyoung’s face was serious, “your identity cannot be exposed.” 

 

 

    Mark scoffed, “right, and by covering my eyes, people won’t be able to recognize me-“

 

 

    “Eyes are harder to detect than mouth, Tuan. Besides, it’s normal for bodyguards to wear shades, so it’s not suspicious that you’re wearing them. Now, shut up.” Jinyoung tightened his tie. His nerves awaken uneasily. The air was thick of dread despise the evening’s sky turned out to be coated with sparkling diamonds. “Without my permission, you cannot take these off, understand?” 

 

 

    All these precautions got Mark rolling his eyes. So what if his identity was exposed? Why does it matter? Why does Park Jinyoung even cares? But the agent just shrugged and obeyed. Jinyoung had Mark’s family under the tips of his fingers anyways. 

 

 

    No other commands or argues were thrown across each other. They silently walked onwards, preparing themselves to enter the party. Jinyoung, as expected, could only took in two bodyguards. Of course, Mark being one of them. The security was strict, even with a powerful person like Chairman Park. Jinyoung kept a close observation. Even with the best bodyguard by his side, the Chairman’s guard has never been down. He knows he has enemies everywhere he goes. 

 

 

    Stepping away from the crowd that’s gathering at the center of the huge ballroom of an extravagant mansion, Jinyoung cursed this damned fancy get-up. He had always hated these kinds of events. They’re so useless and unnecessary. Also boring and tedious. The young master was about to head towards the balcony when his arm was yanked back. Jinyoung balled his fist, agent’s instincts switched on as he perfectly swung his fist. 

 

 

    “Don’t do that.” 

 

    

    The Chairman’s fist was caught firmly. Jinyoung bored his eyes through those thick dark lenses. “What the -“

 

 

    “I said don’t do that,” Mark repeated, hand squeezing Jinyoung’s fist. “Don’t just ing disappear like that.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung scoffed, pulling his hand from the agent’s palm. “You should have paid more attention.” 

 

 

    There was no hesitation as Mark grabbed Jinyoung by the arm, “stop acting like a child and get your together. This isn’t your ing home. Everybody here hates you, Chairman.” 

 

 

    “I’m not stupid, Mark-“

 

 

    “Then don’t act like it.” 

 

 

    Mark’s sudden outburst of dominance fueled Jinyoung’s anger. The young master was already tired and uncomfortable from this whole idea of a party. He really didn’t need someone like Mark to have such control over him like this. There’s no ing way Park Jinyoung would be tamed by the likes of Mark Tuan. 

 

 

    Madness peered within the Chairman’s eyes, emphasizing the dark orbs of rebellious grace. Jinyoung sneered, “what are you? Growing more balls now? What rights do you have? you, Mark.” 

 

 

    “This isn’t the time, Jinyoung-“

 

 

    “Don’t ing tell me if it’s time or not!”

 

 

    “Jin-“

 

 

    “It’s a million years too soon for you to be telling me what to do. Don’t bite your owner, Tuan. I’m not very nice.”

 

 

    “Listen-“

 

 

    “I can take care of myself! ing leave me alone!” Jinyoung turned away and quickly made his way through the crowd, pushing through bodies of expensive assets, losing Mark through it all. Jinyoung knows he’s throwing a tantrum, but he couldn’t stand being suffocated by the worry in that person’s covered eyes. 

 

 

    Jinyoung was an attention seeker. He loves to have people’s attention on him, but it’s only temporary. He didn’t want it to last longer than it has to. Growing up without the care from his own parents had forced the young master to befriended loneliness. Sure he wants attention, but JInyoung could only takes so much. If it goes beyond it, he gets scared. 

 

 

    Like how right now he’s scared of the person he hates the most. 

 

 

    From the start, Mark wasn’t simple. Jinyoung knows that, yet he still went and tried to grab Mark’s full attention. He succeed. But now he just wants it to stop. Mark cares too much. And it angers Jinyoung. He hates it. Hates it to the point he couldn’t stand being near the source of it. 

 

 

    Even through the dark lenses of those goddamned glasses, Jinyoung could physically felt the burden of someone paying enough attention to care. It was too much. It was so foreign, and Jinyoung retreated, afraid that he had let his guard down. Why? 

 

 

    Why couldn’t he kept his guard around Mark? 

 

 

    Why? 

 

 

    The question was left unanswered as a blunt force slammed against the Chairman’s skull. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “Have you seen him yet?” 

 

 

    “No, where could the Young Master go? Weren’t you with him? What the ! Did you ing lose him? Do you ing know how dangerous that is?!” 

 

 

    “Shut the up! He was the one who ran away!” 

 

 

    The guard grabbed Mark’s collars, “you had one job, Tuan. All you have to do was to be with him twenty-four seven, yet you ing let the Young Master ran off by himself. Do you have any idea how many people in this room who wants to ing kill him? If not kill, then they wants to , to taint, to humiliate. Do you know the position you’ve put him through?” 

 

 

    Mark was angry. “You piece of . You think I don’t know that?” The agent pushed the guard away. “I can bet you that none of you cares about him as much as I do, all right? You’re all hired men. Money is what keeps you bounded to the Chairman. Although I hate him to death, I’m responsible. So stop with your bull. You don’t even give a flying about Jinyoung.”

 

 

    “Neither do you.” 

 

 

    “Wrong,” Mark said, “I care, because my life depends on him. And his life depends on me.” 

 

 

    Leaving the guard baffled, Mark turned and started sprinting towards the doors, exiting the party room and running along the stretched hallways. Doors after doors swung open, still no sign of the missing Chairman. 

 

 

    Taking off the bothersome dark glasses, Mark angrily cursed, “, Park Jinyoung. Where the are you…”