r e v e n g e

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 400 SUBS Y'ALL SO PRECIOUS I LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH *sobs ugly*

Anyways, enjoy and leave feedbacks~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

    “Sir.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, “Jaehwan?” 

 

 

    “Did you have a good sleep?” The Head Bodyguard offered a little smile. 

 

 

    “Yeah, I guess. What are you doing here? I thought I gave you a break?” 

 

 

    “Just here to tell you that a little birdie told me how loud you were last night.” Jaehwan shrugged casually, eyes bored no particular emotion. He didn’t expect a response from his young master. But he also didn’t expect a flying book heading directly towards him. On reflex, Jaehwan blocked the book from hitting his face with his arms. “Sir!” 

 

 

    “ing rephrase that right now!” Jinyoung roared, face flushed as he slammed his cup of coffee down on the table. 

 

 

    More than anything, Jaehwan smirked, liking the way his young master was boiling with something that’s not anger. His young master was embarrassed. Holding his arms up in surrender, Jaehwan sighed, “I meant I’m sure you had a great time with Mark-ssi and-"

 

 

    “JAEHWAN!” 

 

 

    “I mean-"

 

 

    “Goodness gracious,” as on cue, Mark walked into the Chairman’s resort room with ease, hand holding the shades. “It’s so early and you two are fighting already?”

 

 

    Turning to Mark, Jaehwan greeted happily, “Mark-ssi! Good morning!”

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes, crossing his arms against his chest sassily, “since when have you two became so close?” 

 

 

    “You would when you have to work with them,” Mark answered, looking around the room. “Wow. I thought you would choose the V.V.I.P. rooms.” 

 

 

    “Our Young Master would, but I heard he got really wet last night, so he just wanted somewhere quick and easy- OW!” Jaehwan didn’t have to dodge a direct smack to the head. 

 

 

    “I said rephrase! Watch your ing mouth!” The young master glared, face only burned redder and redder by the second. 

 

 

    Mark sighed, shaking his head in disapproval, “stop abusing the poor kid.” 

 

 

    “Shut up. Don’t tell me what to do.” 

 

 

    “This is why people don’t like you. You’re so hostile and rude.” 

 

 

    “Mark-"  

 

 

    “ALL RIGHT,” Jaehwan stepped in, “let’s call it a morning and we all go for breakfast, yeah? M’kay. Let’s go before I collapses under all these tension.” 

 

 

    The agent shook his head, putting on his shades, “can’t. Just dropping by to check in, then I’ll have to go.” 

 

 

    “Where are you going? I thought…” Jinyoung paused, looking down for a second. “I thought you said you wanted to…” He lifted his head and peeked a look at the agent, whose eyes were now covered by those dark shades. Jinyoung could no longer read those sincere eyes. 

 

 

    Jaehwan looked back and forth between his young master and Mark suspiciously. Something’s weird… The air held a lot more tension than usual. 

 

 

    “I do,” Mark said, “but I can’t. Anyways, since Jaehwan is here, I’m not worried as much. I’ll go now.” With a curt nod at the Chairman, Mark his heels, ready to walk away. 

 

 

    “W-wait!” Immediately, Jinyoung caught onto Mark’s arm. The action shocked all three of them. Especially Jinyoung himself. His eyes followed Mark’s line of sight to where his own hand gripping onto the agent’s arm with such firmness. Like he’s begging the agent to not leave. “At least have breakfast before you go.” 

 

 

    For a second, Jaehwan thought something was wrong with his ears. But quickly snapped out of it, because he had caught the way Mark’s mouth was about to open for a complete rejection. “Yeah, Mark-ssi, come on. The resort’s foods are really good!” 

 

 

    Because Jaehwan said something, Mark had no other way around it. “Okay, I will. You can let go now,” he referred to Jinyoung’s sudden hold on his arm. 

 

 

    Jinyoung pulled his hand back awkwardly, avoiding the glances Jaehwan was throwing at him. He could feel his cheeks burning up again. And he knows that bastard Head Bodyguard is definitely, mentally, laughing at him right now. Clearing his throat, the young master tried picking up his head, raising it high and mighty like the powerful Crown Prince of Hell he is. 

 

 

    “Well, are you going to change or…” Mark took a look at the soft, fluffy, raven fringe falling over Jinyoung’s forehead, and the baggy sweatpants and sweater that made the young master looked so small and vulnerable. 

 

 

    Feeling the pressure under Mark’s stare, even though he couldn’t clearly see the perfect range of emotions because of those damn shades, Jinyoung blinked a couple times  to rid so many words pilling at his throat. He bit his lip and turned towards the bedroom. The young master decided to keep his mouth shut before he could embarrass himself any further. 

    

 

    Mark and Jaehwan stepped outside and waited quietly. In about ten minutes, the Chairman appeared with his raven locks parted and styled gorgeously and a beige suit that, as always, hugged every curves in the most stunning way. Mark honestly thinks that Jinyoung has a perfect body for suits. Or just Jinyoung has a perfect body in general. Whichever one works. 

 

 

    The three of them didn’t say much on the way down to one of the best restaurant of the resort. It was painfully awkward. So awkward that Jaehwan had to stand in between the two. Poor kid, he had no idea what was going on and why was the air so thick and suffocating. Granted that there’s always tension between the young master and the agent, but it’s never this overwhelming. 

 

 

    Out of curiosity and probably a death wish, the Head Bodyguard asked, “did something happened last night? Between you two, I mean. Like, I’m not here to judge. but did-"

    

 

    “Shut up,” both Mark and Jinyoung said in unison. 

 

 

    That worked well. Rolling his eyes, Jaehwan pitied himself for being stuck in the middle of a ing storm. He really didn’t deserve this. But he can’t find a safe way out. Oh, well. 

 

 

    They all settled down on a table near the huge window with a beautiful view of the deep turquoise sea. The atmosphere was good. There were a lot of people around, just enjoying the company of their family and friends. Everyone has a smile on their faces as they talked and laughed with each other. Every table has a different story to share. But each of those stories were filled with nothing but sunshines and rainbows. 

 

 

    Every table but this one near the window. 

 

 

    Jaehwan thought breakfast would be a nice time for everyone to bond over, but was he dead wrong. Because Mark and Jinyoung won’t look or talk with each other. Yes, they usually don’t either, and people know how much they hate each other, but whatever’s going on right now was different. There’s so much tension that Jaehwan desperately wanted to find an excuse to just leave. 

 

 

    “Good morning, sirs. What can I get you?” The waiter came by with a cheerful smile adorned on his face. 

 

 

    “The usual,” Chairman Park said. 

 

 

    The waiter had a confuse look on his face, clearly he doesn’t know who this handsome young master is. Jaehwan stepped in to save another person’s salary from being cut. “He meant a set two of medium-heated French toasts, two sunny-side-ups, five stripped of honey smoked bacon. And three waffles with whipped cream and blueberries and strawberries on top. Please, make sure the waffles are crunchy but not too crunchy. Also, the maple syrup has to be heated a little, you know, just make it a bit warm, since it’s winter. For drink, a cup of hot French vanilla latte with an extra three shots of espresso. You got all that?” 

 

 

    Writing frantically down all the details of this complicated order, the waiter was internally cursing this young master, who possessed looks of a god but has such a picky taste bud. “Y-yes… I got it,” looking up at the young man who just elaborated the order, “what would you like, sir?” 

 

 

    “Just a cheese-bacon sandwich and orange juice,” Jaehwan smiled kindly, feeling bad for the waiter for writing so much from the previous order. 

 

 

    “Oh, thank God…” The waiter exhaled softly. He then turned to the mysterious man in shades. But even with those shades, the waiter was already swept off his feet. He could tell that man is worthy of worship. “A-and you-you, sir?” 

 

 

    “A steak omelet and an Americano would be fine,” Mark smiled sweetly, “thank you.” 

 

 

    Taken back by such an alluring smile, the waiter froze for a moment, just admiring those pretty canines like diamonds in the sky. Jinyoung scoffed, completely unamused. The eyesore in front of him got the audacity… “Hurry up with the orders.” 

 

 

    “H-huh? O-oh, yes, I’m sorry,” the waiter bowed in apology. He scurried off quickly after catching a dead glare from the young master. 

 

 

    “Why am I not surprised that you’re so moody,” Mark sighed. 

 

 

    “I own this ing place,” the Chairman rolled his eyes, arms crossed against his chest. 

 

 

    Mark just stared and shook his head, “why do I even bother…” It’s so disappointing to see Chairman Park so early in the morning. Just minutes ago, Mark was perfectly fine with a soft Park Jinyoung. Now he’s sitting in front of a flesh-eating monster. 

 

 

    And their table fell into silence. The kind of silence that makes people want to straggle themselves. Jaehwan gave up on trying to survive. Life’s too short for that. The Head Bodyguard turned his attention to the calming waves outside, hoping to escape from this evilness that’s dangling over this table. He only came back to reality when the foods arrived. 

 

 

    Unsurprisingly, their table was the only table that ate in completely silence. No words were exchanged. Not even a single glance. The three of them took turns pretending each other’s existence don’t exists. Which worked out pretty well, since none of them wanted to acknowledge the dread hanging over their heads. Something was wrong. And they all knew. 

 

 

    Finishing first, Mark wiped his mouth with the napkin before sipping on his Americano with leisure. He looked down at the watch on his wrist. Time was running out. But he didn’t wanted to leave. Not when… Mark looked over at Jinyoung, who’s purely enjoying the waffles and toasts, with a secret smile. If he leaves now, will he ever get to see this again? Will he ever get to see Park Jinyoung again? 

 

 

    His heart burns. 

 

 

    Lord, have mercy on him. 

 

 

    He fell so hard. 

 

 

    Now, he can’t get up. 

 

 

    Because his wings are broken. 

 

 

    Sighing, Mark started to get ready to stand up and leave. Jinyoung saw the sudden movement from his peripheral vision. The young master looked up at the agent with questioned eyes, mouth still chewing slowly on the piece of bacon. Their eyes met. Well, Jinyoung couldn’t really tell, because, of course, those shades were blocking the view. He’d likes to assume that they did, though. A quiet static shook their cores. That wave of electrifying shock jolted throughout their bodies just from a simple eye-contact. 

 

 

    Jinyoung was so sure Mark was trying to tell him something. But he didn’t know what it was. 

 

 

    The agent broke their contact first, facing Jaehwan now with a forced smile, “take care of him, okay?” 

 

 

    Raising an eyebrow, Jaehwan scoffed softly, “what does that even mean? I always take care of him even before you. Good luck in whatever secret stuff you’re doing, Mark-ssi.” 

 

 

    “Thank you,” Mark patted Jaehwan’s shoulder, “also, thank you for breakfast. I really need to go now.” 

 

 

    “Mark.” 

 

 

    With the unexpected call, Mark halted, head turning a little towards that voice. “Yes, sir?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung sliced into his waffles, “report back tonight. I don’t care what you’re doing, but I expect a report.”

 

 

    “I can’t, sir. This isn’t something I can report-"

 

 

    “I just need to know where you are at that moment, Mark. It’s not that deep,” Jinyoung stopped cutting. He’s just staring at his waffles, watching the whipped cream melting slowly over the berries. 

 

 

    “Sir-"

 

 

    “Just call, goddamnit,” the young master slammed his knife and fork down, sending the metals clanking loudly with the ceramic plate. “Is it that hard? Just grab a ing phone and call.” 

 

 

    The lively restaurant died down, all eyes diverted towards the table of suited men near the window. Jaehwan looked around and sighed. “What is happening now…” He mumbled under his breath. 

 

 

    “I’ll try,” Mark finally said after a long minute of nothingness. 

 

 

    “Trying isn’t enough, Mark. That’s a ing order. Don’t make me ing hunt you down. Because I will find you.”

 

 

    Mark didn’t say anything more. Tying a knot over his bleeding heart, Mark walked on. He didn’t look back. He knew if he did, he’ll just fell to his knees in front of the man who stole his heart and beg to be taken back. But he can’t do that. He has a mission to do. 

 

 

    But Jinyoung was making it really hard to leave. 

 

 

    If Jinyoung didn’t have such demands. If Jinyoung didn’t said those words. If Jinyoung just didn’t do anything and leave Mark alone… If…

 

 

    If Jinyoung could stop chaining Mark down.

 

 

    If Jinyoung could just let Mark go. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    The clock struck nine as Mark looked out at the dark starless sky. That was enough signs for the agent to accept his fate. Seems like everything pointed out his doom today. He sighed, tearing his gaze from the window and exited the room. The long hallway stretched eternally as Mark walked it down. 

 

 

    Jaebum’s and Jackson’s voices echoed in Mark’s head like parasites. All the scolds and curses would only encouraged a grin on his face. At least he knew they were safe and sound somewhere and not risking their lives like he is. Mark felt bad. He really did. He knew how much they cared for him, but he’s so stubborn. Jaebum had told him to stop playing hero, which wasn’t technically true; Mark never wants to play hero. He just saw a perfect opportunity and clawed at it. Jackson had told him to go rot in Hell. Mark laughed at that, because, of course, that was Jackson’s way of basically telling Mark how stupid he was. 

 

 

    But words went in and immediately out the other ear. Mark's still going to risk his life. It had already came to this. There’s no other way but to finish. 

 

 

    Standing on the second floor, the agent looked down at the first floor. Down there, guests were chatting among each other with champagne glasses in their hands. Their faces were covered with decorative masks. The women in their tight, glittery dress, and the men in their dark suits. Everyone scattered everywhere. This party sure attracted a lot of people. And some of them probably aren’t even invited. 

 

 

    Mark sighed, adjusting his own mask to fit perfectly on his face. If this goes right, everyone here will be arrested. But then again, there’s also innocent people here as well. Which made the mission a lot harder. Mark cursed the security for not thoroughly checking everyone’s invite. He specifically sent out invites to make sure only the criminals get them, not some random rich businessmen and their own plus-ones. This was a big hole in his plan. But that’s okay, he’ll work around it. 

 

 

    The party dragged on, and it was so boring. Mark’s never a business person nor he’s a person for this type of classical party. He’s more into wild club parties with loud music and strong alcohol. This calm, slow environment was starting to get on the agent’s nerves. Mark took a sip on his own glass of champagne to regain patience. A little more longer. 

 

 

    Waited and waited. Observing and observing. Everything seemed in place. The second floor was now, one-by-one, filled with agents, acting as guards for the party. Mark had them hired to assist him with the operation. He tried to gather as many skilled ones as he could, but this was Jeju; there’s not many government officials at Jeju. That’s why all the criminals made this island their hide-outs. That also included the most superior one, Chairman Park. 

 

 

    With the lack of well-trained agents, Mark planned out the best that could be planned. He just hopes everything will go as planned. A flaw in his plan, even a tiny mistake, will blow Mark’s off cover. Especially since he’s operating by himself with people he’s not sure he could trust. Honestly, Mark regretted not informing the K.N.S.S. about this operation. They would have sent much better aids. But then, it’s the K.N.S.S. who will stop this operation, because Mark literally just compacted all the mafia bosses and everyone who possibly is involve in some kind of illegal actions in one closed space. Mark was sort of proud, since it took so long for him to complete the list. 

 

 

    Though, not completely. Because there’s still Chairman Park. But on the surface, the Chairman was a law-abiding, loyal citizen with the control of the economics, so there’s no way Mark could even come close to touching that. Besides, it was Mark who erased all of the Chairman’s criminal records. Now, basically, Chairman Park is sparkling clean. Was that a mistake? Mark still thought about his decision. Before, it would be a mistake. After, however, it was not. He might be stupid to admit. But at this point, whatever, he’s going to die anyways. So he’ll admit that Park Jinyoung was too important of a person to him. 

 

 

    Whatever the that means. 

 

 

    Another sip of champagne distracted the agent from those thoughts. He’s on a mission right now. He can’t be standing here crying over his feelings. Mark has to focus. If he wants to see Jinyoung again, he has to focus. 

 

 

    Straining his eyes through the crowd below, Mark made sure every criminal was in sight. Just another hour until he can carry out his plans. And he has to succeed. Or else he’ll grant a price over his head. If this failed, this whole island will become his enemy. Nothing’s worse than having a bunch of mafia bosses after his . Though, let’s hope it doesn’t come to that. 

 

 

    “Mark-ssi, everything’s set and ready,” the voice over Mark’s earpiece reported. “Please evacuate as many uninvolved civilians as you can in the next hour.” 

 

 

    “Got it,” Mark replied curtly, setting down his champagne glass on the nearest table. The agent fixed his tie and suit jacket promptly. His eyes scanned the crowd below once more. But this time, something was missing. Mark’s head spurred out in a slight panic. Something was wrong. But before Mark could figure out what it was, his phone vibrated violently in his pants pocket. Annoyed that he was interrupted, Mark hastily pulled out the device and glared at the screen. At the name of the caller, Mark hesitated a little but still answered just in case. “Jaehwan?” 

 

 

    “M-Mark-ssi! Thank God! I’m sending you the address right now,” Jaehwan didn’t seem calm at all. More like he’s on the verge of throwing himself off the cliff.

 

 

    “What? What’s going on? Jae-" 

 

    

    “The Chairman! He’s gone! I m-mean, I don’t know! There was someone suspicious, and so I went to check. The rest of the guards stayed with him. When I got back, everyone was gone. Mark-ssi, I know you’re busy with something, but please, I need assistance. I can't call in more people, because for some reason, the security was tight with personal bodyguards. And there’s too many, um, uh, top dogs here.”

 

 

    Then it hits Mark right there. One hand gripping so tight on the railing that his knuckles bled white, Mark scanned the crowd again. He counted. One, two, three… Fifteen… Twenty-eight… Thirty-three… 

 

 

    “,” Mark exhaled slowly, feeling his throat tightened and head swimming dizzily, “where’s the rest of them? There’s only forty-six… There’s supposed to be fifty-one. . Where…”

 

 

    “Huh? What did you say, Mark-ssi?” 

 

 

    “I- .” Mark hung up abruptly. It felt like someone pinned a spear through his heart. Turning away from the crowd and the entire operation, Mark ran down the halls as fast as he could. He ignored all the confusion going on through his earpiece. At some point, it was getting annoying, so he ripped the device off his ear and trashed it behind him. He didn’t know where he’s running to. Just letting his legs carried him off. 

 

    

    Because Mark believed his steps will bring him there. 

 

 

    Bring him to Jinyoung, the person who’s too important to him. 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    In his full defense, Jinyoung didn’t expected to be here in the first place. He was going to enjoy his time a little at his resort, but then he received a call. It was from President Ryu, informing him that the client, Miss Yoon, wanted him to go in her place to a Christmas party. Jinyoung wanted to laugh at that, because who dares to order him like that? But then the incident from last time popped up in his head, and so the Chairman just sighed and accepted the invitation. Miss Yoon was a huge buyer. Losing her would cost a lot. And she was still angry from what had happened last time, so maybe if he sacrificed his time to attend this boring party, things would get better between them. And also, it’ll be a slap to that damn Ryu in the face. So why not? 

 

 

    Weird. Because it seemed like everyone was invited but the Chairman. Jinyoung just shrugged it off. Whatever. He never liked these types of parties anyways. His suspicion didn’t raise red flags until he thought he caught a familiar figure moving through the crowd. Jinyoung had ordered Jaehwan to go check up on the situation, because Miss Yoon wouldn’t be here if Jinyoung’s already going in her place, right? Unless… 

 

 

    Feeling uneasy, Jinyoung became a lot more alerted. He looked around, and of course, why didn’t he noticed before that this place was filled with gang leaders and mafia bosses? And where’s the host of the party? 

 

 

    The Chairman drank down his glass of champagne in one sip. Eyes looking upwards to the second floor. Then, Jinyoung realized. This party was a trap. The second floor were filled with guards cladded in black suits. Jinyoung doubted that they’re actual guards. Park Group has a bodyguard company, so Jinyoung knew how exactly a guard should act like, from the standing posture to facial expression. And those people up there on the second floor were definitely not guards. They’re agents. Jinyoung was so sure, because he’s an agent himself. 

 

 

    He can’t stay here. He can’t be caught up in whatever the this fiasco is. He has to get out. Now. Ordering for one of his guard to text Jaehwan the change of plans, Jinyoung took one last look at the crowd and the agents above before hurried off to the empty halls. The Chairman remained calm, but his heart won’t stop beating anxiously. Strange. Because the speed of his heart was a lot more quicker than- 

 

 

    A bunch of noises happened behind Jinyoung. The Chairman’s ears could barely picked up whatever it was before he found himself running. As he ran and ran, his vision turned a bit foggy and ears ringing. A horrible headache sudden knocked against his brain. Jinyoung reached out, touching the first thing he could actually made out. It was an enormous set of double doors. He pushed through and…

 

 

    And he’s here. 

 

    

    His legs could barely supports him because of the drug that entered his body. Jinyoung regretted not testing that glass of champagne. Who’s the er that gave it to him? He couldn’t remember now. Everything’s a mess in his head. 

 

 

    “Who could have thought,” a voice, “the Chairman is like this?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung lifted his head, ignoring the pain shooting through the veins deep in his brain. He tried to concentrate on the blob in front of him. When his vision cleared out a little, he recognized who it was. 

 

 

    “I know, right?” Another voice. 

 

 

    “I didn’t think it’ll be this easy to get him,” and another voice. 

 

 

    A laugh from a different person, “I didn’t either. Miss Yoon, you’ve worked hard. Thank you for bringing him here.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung turned his head towards the woman in a black dress. “Miss Yoon…?” 

 

 

    The woman smirked, red lips dripping with poison, “Mister Chairman, hello.” 

 

 

    “Where…” Jinyoung breathed heavily, feeling the drug taking affects pretty quickly. 

 

 

    “Oh, don’t worry, no one can find you here.” 

 

 

    With tired eyes, Jinyoung tried taking in his surroundings. The place was quite dark around, except for a dimmed light above his head. He could still make out the fanciness of this empty room. It was designed exactly like the room the party was held in. Jinyoung could conclude that he’s just in another party revenue of this building. Except it’s empty of loud guests and expensive foods. Instead, there’s bodyguards standing in every walls and these five people, who Jinyoung could assume they held grudges against him, standing in front of him with very evil smiles. 

 

 

    Great. 

 

 

    Just ing great. 

 

    

    Jinyoung groaned, “what? You going to kill me?” There’s no way he’ll lose his pride just because he’s in a life-death situation. No matter what, he’s God. The Chairman scoffed, “that’s cute. Drugged me because you all knew you can’t take on me in perfect condition, huh? Of course, just a bunch of pathetic cowards.” 

 

 

    “You-"

 

 

    “Hey, it’s okay. He’s all talk.” 

 

 

    “Yeah, let’s not dirty our hands.” 

 

 

    The Chairman laughed, forcing himself to stand straight on his wobbling legs, “and you, Miss Yoon, I was being too nice to you. Maybe I’ll change that up a bit, would you mind?” 

 

 

    For a second, Miss Yoon’s face faltered, but she quickly recollected herself. Her smile were like sharp knives. “Oh, you’re such a bad boy, Mister Chairman. Bad boys deserve a punishment~” 

 

 

    Jinyoung knew what that meant. He took his stance. “Punish me then.” The young master smirked, eyes fluttering with seduce and something more monstrous. 

 

 

    With a little nod of one of the mafia boss, the guards advanced toward the Chairman. They moved quick, swinging arms and legs at him. Jinyoung might be low on coordinations from the drug, but he’s still a special trained agent. Even in situations like these. Dodging all of the attacks, Jinyoung ducked and swung his right leg, successfully breaking the ribs of one of the guards. He quickly turned around and threw a punch at another. The sound of bones cracking overlapped the irritated ringing in his ears. 

 

 

    The Chairman wrapped his fingers around a guard’s throat and slammed him down to the floor. He grinded his foot on that guard’s throat while his fist collided with another one’s jaw, knocking a couple of teeth. The adrenaline rushing through the course of his bloodstreams heightened the speed of the drug. Soon, Jinyoung lost balance and head pounding with pain. He grabbed his head with both of his hands, hissing through his gritted teeth. It hurts so ing much. 

 

 

    Those guards took that moment and delivered a couple successful kicks and punches. They sent the Chairman hitting hard on the floor and circled around, nonstop kicking him. Jinyoung curled up in a ball to defend himself from all those heels jabbing at his ribs and hips. His lips sealed tight as he took the beating. He’s not going to give in. 

 

 

    “Hey-"

 

 

    “What the -"

 

 

    The kicking stopped completely. Jinyoung opened his eyes and pulled his arms away from his face just in time to see all those guards dropping brokenly in front of his eyes. He felt his body being lifted off the ground. He won’t admit it, but he felt so relief. “Jaehwan, you-"

 

 

    It wasn’t Jaehwan. 

 

 

    Jaehwan does not smell this sweet. 

 

    

    The kind of sweet that Jinyoung likes. 

 

 

    “I broke away from you for a ing day and you already so fast to get yourself into trouble?!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung focused his eyes again to clearly make out the face in front of him. 

 

 

    “What the ? Why can’t you stand? Did they beat you up that bad?” The voice sounded so angry in Jinyoung’s ears. “ing answer me!” 

 

 

    “Drugged…” Jinyoung managed to force the word out of his throat. “It’s okay… It’ll wear off… I just need to sit still for a bit…” 

 

 

    “Stay behind me,” the voice commanded. 

 

 

    Nodding slowly, Jinyoung obediently moved himself behind that person. His hand reached out to grab onto that person’s arm as his head leaned itself against that person’s shoulder blade. His mind was still swimming like mad with the drug. But the adrenaline had turned quiet. It’s because of the cologne on that person. The smell so intoxicating but so sweet. Jinyoung knew it’s familiar. But at the moment, he couldn’t make out who it was. He just knew that he could trust this person. 

 

 

    “Who are you?” 

 

 

    “You’ll be better off not knowing,” that person deadpanned. 

 

 

    “Hiding yourself behind that mask? That won’t work. What are you stupids doing?! Get him!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung felt a warm hand over his own. A soft voice rang in his ears. “Hey, sit down here for a bit. Try to fight off the drug. You’re an agent, Jinyoung-ah. You’re trained for this.” 

 

 

    Head spinning and eyes threatening to shut close, Jinyoung nodded and slumped down to the floor. Why does this voice makes me wants to fall asleep? Jinyoung tried to focus, forcing his brain to submit back under his control. Someone’s risking their life to protect him. He can’t afford to just do nothing. That person don’t deserve to be involved in this mess. This is his mess. He’ll handle it. 

 

 

    “Fight it off, please,” that person’s voice was so soft like a lullaby. Jinyoung just wanted to fall asleep right there to the smoothness of that person’s voice. “Focus. Focus, Jinyoung-ah.” 

 

 

    'Jinyoung-ah...' 

 

 

    No one has called him that in a long time. 

 

 

    Or no one has dared to call him that. 

 

 

    People knew better to sound too friendly with the Chairman. 

 

 

    But for some reason, Jinyoung likes the sound of it coming out from that person’s mouth. Who is this person… And why does he feels so safe and at peace with this person’s presence and scent just swallowing him whole?  

 

 

    The only person who could make him feels like this is… 

 

 

    No. 

 

    

    No. 

 

 

    No. No. NO. 

 

 

    He can’t be here. 

 

 

    Please, don’t be here. 

 

 

    His eyes snapped open. His pupils dilated as they’re greeted with the tip of a gun directed towards them. Jinyoung felt the drug steered weak. Slowly, his vision cleared up a bit. He could see Miss Yoon holding a gun in her hands, pointing it at him. The ringing in his ears disappeared. He didn’t turned his head, but he could hear the violence going on around him. Jinyoung focused on the gun in front. His heart stopped beating. 

 

 

    Is this it? 

    

 

    Am I just going to die here? 

 

 

    But Jinyoung didn’t close his eyes. Didn’t surrender. Didn’t accept his fate. He stared head on at the woman, daring her to pull the trigger. He wasn’t scared. He wasn’t scared of Death. Because Death is the only solution to the existence of Chairman Park. Jinyoung could finally be free. He stood up on his feet, feeling the remaining pain shot throughout his veins. He couldn’t stand up right. Doesn’t matter. He just wants to be freed. 

 

 

    Shoot me. 

 

 

    Shoot me, please. 

 

 

    ing shoot me! 

 

 

    Miss Yoon steadied her finger on the trigger and pulled. As soon as the trigger was pulled, time suddenly slowed down. Jinyoung could see the bullet flying straight at him, aiming to the spot between his eyes. Everything cleared out. Jinyoung stared at the bullet that would finally set him free of this darkness. Finally freed him from-

 

 

    Suddenly, Jinyoung fell back against something that felt very much like a human body. His back collided harshly against a hard chest. He heard a loud thud of a head hitting hard against the floor. But it wasn’t his head. 

 

 

    Jinyoung immediately pulled himself up. His shirt. He looked down. A pool of furious crimson splattered all over his white shirt. Jinyoung touched the damp spot. “What…” He ran his hands over his body. There’s blood. Yes, there is. That’s blood all over his shirt. 

 

 

    But he’s not hurt. 

 

 

    There’s no bullet in him. 

 

 

    He’s not feeling pain. 

 

 

    Then whose…

 

 

    Confused, Jinyoung looked behind. Like a lightning strike, Jinyoung’s heart were ripped to pieces right in front of him. That person. 

 

 

    It wasn’t his blood that’s stained on his shirt. 

 

 

    “No..” Jinyoung felt suffocated like all the air were pushed out of his lungs. Like his throat constricted by a wire. Like he’s dying a slow but painful death. 

 

 

    It was… 

 

 

    “No… No, no, no, no…” Jinyoung tried to breathe. But he couldn’t. 

 

 

    “J-Jinyoung-ah…”

 

 

    It was Mark’s blood.