h o r r e n d o u s

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: *on my knees* I'M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE MEEEEEE~~~ I LOVE YOU ALL TONS AND TONS~~~ *sobs* 

Anyways, enjoy and don't forget to leave load of feedbacks~ (you can scold me for not updating in the feedbacks too if you want)

And this chapter is a little, teeny, tiny graphic, but it's nothing y'all can't handle~ ^___^

HAVE FUN~

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Like Jinyoung had expected, Mark arrived an hour late to Park’s Group headquarters, dressed in a brand-new dark gray suit instead of the usual uniform black one. And of course, Jinyoung wouldn’t let a chance like this slip away. 

 

 

    “Where the were you?” The Chairman roared, eyebrows furrowed angrily. “You’re supposed to be my personal guard dog. Why the aren’t you with me?” 

 

 

    Mark inwardly screamed, cursing at Jinyoung at the top of his lungs, yet on the outside, he politely bowed and firmly informed, “my apologies, sir, I’ve experienced some personal difficulties.”

 

 

    Jinyoung scoffed and crossed his arms against his chest. “I don’t give a about your difficulties. Your job is to serve me. Everything else can be count as irrelevant.”

 

 

    With a nod, Mark held open the entrance's door for Jinyoung. The Chairman didn’t spare his personal bodyguard another glance as he stepped out of the headquarters. Following close behind the Chairman was a group of men in black suits, sporting black shades and clear colored headsets and earpieces. None of them even stopped for a second to pay some respect to their Team Leader. Mark groaned, hating that little for throwing his uniform in the trash and now blaming him for being late. But then again, Mark hated himself more for giving in to taking a quick shower. Mark hated himself for stooping so low to protect a spoiled brat; how is he supposed to tolerate someone like Park Jinyoung. 

 

 

    But then again, the moment that person enters the world outside of his company, he isn’t Park Jinyoung. Then, he becomes Chairman Park, who is more scarier than anything or anyone Mark had ever encountered.

 

 

    “Where to,” Mark asked, eyes locking with Jinyoung’s in the rear mirror of the car. Jinyoung’s cold gaze sends shivers down the agent’s spine. Mark cleared his throat and added, “sir?” 

 

 

    Keeping his contact with his bodyguard, Jinyoung simply replied, “work.” 

 

 

    Luckily, there’s nothing sharp in the car, or else Mark would have picked it up and stabs himself with it. There’s so much bull he could take. And Jinyoung was doing a fine job in making Mark wants to kill puppies for a living. Instead, the agent just signals for the driver to go ahead and starts driving, assuming that at least the Chairman informed about the destination to the driver before Mark got in the car. Which Jinyoung did. 

 

 

    It was a quiet three-hour trip. Even the driver started sweating under the intense air that’s circulating within this suffocating car. He was wildly relieved when the desired destination was reached. As much as he wanted to scream for the two men to get out, he also didn’t want to lose his head. 

 

 

    Mark got off first and looked around. The car stopped in front of an open alley of a rundown side of this beautiful Jeju island. Cigarettes and some type of factory-grown drugs caked the entire alley. And somewhere in between, mixed the metallic smell of human blood. Mark furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he turned to ask the Chairman, “what the Hell are we doing…. Here…..” It damned on the agent that their car was the only car around. Mark was quite sure that when they left the headquarters, there were at least twelve cars followed behind, but now, there’s not only one. This weird feeling is creeping up Mark’s throat. Something suddenly felt really wrong

 

 

    Jinyoung casually got out of the car with bored eyes, like he has been here too many times to count, and he’s tired of it. “This is work.” 

 

 

    “What-“

 

 

    “You can head on. I’ll call when I’m done,” Jinyoung said to the driver. 

 

 

    “Yes, sir,” and with that, the car drove off, leaving Mark internally wished he was in that car. 

 

 

    Side-eyeing his bodyguard, Jinyoung bossed, “just like always. Stay close to protect me. And don’t you dare open your mouth to say anything.” 

 

 

    Finding this whole situation ridiculous, Mark didn’t hesitate to voice out his confusion, “what the is going on? Why the Hell are we here at this dump? And you, Park Jinyoung, don’t get to-“  The Chairman had already made his way down the alley before Mark could even finish his complaints. Rolling his eyes and grumbling angrily, the agent followed his ‘Boss.’ 

 

 

    The farther they walked, the darker and colder the alley gets. The place was rotting, exposing ripped posters, homeless people sleeping against the corners of some dirty rat’s excess, and heavy aroma of weed. It’s not new to Mark at all. He’s just surprised that someone like the almighty Park Jinyoung would be strolling leisurely in a ty place like this.

 

 

    They stopped in front of an old pub with a broken light sign reads Welcome. Mark crinkled his nose at the strong scent of probably expired scotch and molded glass of cheap beer. A carefree-dressed bartender was leaning against the bar, hands lazily playing with the old rag that he had previously used for cleaning the tables earlier. With the sound of approaching footsteps, he glanced up, eyes showing no particular interest in whoever just entered. “How may I help you,” the question came out more of a monotone style followed by a tired sigh. 

 

 

    “I would like to order a Bloody Mary with two and a half olives and a glass of cold milk,” Jinyoung said perfectly like he had been saying the same sentence for so many times already.

 

 

    Immediately, the bartender straightened himself and threw the rag over his shoulders. “This way, sir,” he bowed slightly, extending his arm in front of him, showing the way. 

 

 

    Mark quirked an eyebrow, but didn’t say anything, like Jinyoung had ordered him to do. They followed the bartender to the back of the pub, passing by the long corridor of empty rooms and a messy kitchen. At the end of the kitchen stood a steel door. The bartender puts his left hand on the handle and waited, as if the door was reading fingerprint. When it was done verifying, a soft click was heard and the bartender easily opened it. 

 

    

    On the other side, soothing classical music echoed through the dark hall. As they get closer, the music gets louder, and dim lights seeped through the small opening of huge double doors. Mark was getting ready. Because he’s one hundred percent sure that whatever’s on that side of these elegant double doors isn’t something simple. 

 

 

    Mark was right. It wasn’t.

 

 

    The doors opened to a fancy bar with low lights and soft classy jazz music. The bartenders in there were all dressed in black button-ups with black slacks for males and black pencil skirts for females. Their faces showed absolutely no expression. There were customers sitting, enjoying their high-quality made drinks. There were customers standing, chatting quietly with their acquaintances. One look to know that those customers were all people of power. Their expensive suits and dresses matched with their brand-names watches and jewelries. The atmosphere of the bar fitted the high classes. 

 

 

    “He’s waiting for you, sir.” The old pub’s bartender bowed respectfully before heading back out the doors, leaving Jinyoung and Mark to handle their business. Well, Jinyoung’s business. 

 

 

    A bodyguard only moves when their owner tells them to, or when their said owner are in danger. Mark patiently stood behind Jinyoung. The Chairman turned around and handed Mark a pair of dark glasses. “Put these on and do not, I repeat, do not let yourself be known as an agent of the government.” 

 

 

    Then it clicked. Mark wasn’t stupid. In fact, he’s the opposite. His sharpness and intuitive traits were especially groomed. By this point, Mark’s suspicions had been answered. But something within him decided to have a little trust on Jinyoung. A little trust that Jinyoung isn’t the person he’s turning out to be. Even if Chairman Park is a scary beast, Park Jinyoung isn’t. Park Jinyoung is just a spoiled brat with way too much power. Park Jinyoung isn’t-

 

 

    Jinyoung knows. Just from the look on Mark’s face before the agent puts on the glasses. Reading people is Jinyoung’s strength. And if anything, by far, Mark is the hardest person for Jinyoung to read. However, those eyes that Mark gave were too easy. Those were the same eyes Jaebum had given him years back, when Jinyoung had just accepted his position as the Chairman. And also the same eyes Youngjae had given him when he told his best friend about it. 

 

 

    Those eyes were screaming and withering in realization, awakening with alert, but deep within, there lies hope.

 

 

    Hope. 

 

 

    Something that Jinyoung had disappointed those eyes with.

 

 

    He decided to add Mark Tuan, his sworn enemy, to the list of three people who he had completely disappointed. 

 

 

    Without another word, Jinyoung his heels and headed down the steps with ease. Mark followed closely behind. Every person they passed by would bowed and greeted Jinyoung with respect, although Mark could clearly see the hatred weighting in their eyes. 

 

 

    Soon, they arrived at the front of a maroon door. Mark went ahead and opened it for Jinyoung. Walking in, there were already two men sitting comfortably with wine glasses in their hands, chuckling mildly at whatever they were talking about. As soon as Jinyoung stepped in, though, they both looked up and set their glasses down on the table. The men stood up and slightly bowed with a knowing smile etching on their sinister faces. 

 

 

    “Hello, Chairman,” the Korean man said. “This is Daniel Craig,” he introduced his foreign friend next to him. 

 

 

    “Greetings,” the said English man tilted his head with a small smile. His eyes did a full body scan on the young Chairman. He ended with a slight smirk. Mark knows a hungry predator when he sees one. Daniel is an ambitious man. But no blaming the guy. Jinyoung is beautiful. 

 

 

    Jinyoung nodded and replied with a simple “hello,” ignoring all courtesies there were for respecting his elders. In this room, the elder would be Park Jinyoung and no one else. Taking a seat at the head of the table, Jinyoung’s face remained stoic. “Hyunsuk, is there a problem?” 

 

 

    “No, just wanted to introduce you to a friend here who’s been dying to meet you,” Hyunsuk said in English, shaking his head and picked up his glass. 

 

 

     

    “Yes, this is an honor to meet you,” Daniel said, “sir,” he added.

 

 

    But Jinyoung wasn’t stupid. Of course not. “What do you want,” the Chairman sighed softly as he leaned back in his chair. He knows Hyunsuk. That man is a sly one. This meeting can’t be a friendly little get-together. Obviously, there’s ulterior motives. Everything within this kind of world has ulterior motives. 

 

 

    Again, with that smirk, Daniel was impressed. “Not only you’re beautiful, but sensible as well.”

 

 

    Mark wanted to roll his eyes at the attempt of a flirt from the much older English man. No one would see if he did so anyways. Jinyoung looked down to hide a smirk, completely amused at his new guest’s bold gesture. It’s not everyday that someone random would straight out compliment the ing Boss of a huge underground organization. 

 

 

    “Finally getting to meet you is quite magical, allow me to say. I hope you could be comfortable around me-“

 

 

    “Get to the point. I didn’t waste my time to be here to hear you kissing up.” Jinyoung sternly said, voice resonating annoyance, causing Hyunsuk to quickly give his friend a leg bump as a warning. 

 

 

    Daniel was a little taken back at the sudden forward attitude, but cleared his throat and stopped beating around the bush. “I would like to work together with you. My branch in  England is enough to satisfy this agreement between us. I’m confident in-“

 

 

    “No,” Jinyoung interrupted casually. “I don’t do with the English. You guys play dirty. Don’t think I don’t know about all those activities you do in the middle of the night.” 

 

 

    Glancing over at Hyunsuk for help, Daniel knew he couldn’t deny it. The Korean mafia boss just shook his head. He had already told his friend to be careful before. There’s nothing he could do if the Crown Prince himself had spoken. Every soul residing in this underground world knows very well to not anger the King. 

 

 

    Daniel was arrogant and thought he could take Jinyoung on, because the latter was a young Chairman who lacks experiences. But that was a dead wrong assumption. Although young and inexperienced, Jinyoung immediately raised to the top within days of his Park Group’s inauguration. And because of that lack of experience and young self, Jinyoung was lost without a single light to guide him. At his wit's end, he turned to the darkness, letting it devours him whole. 

 

 

    Now, there’s not a single day Jinyoung could sleep peacefully without having to wake up with sweats and flashing images of haunting nightmares of the horrible, inhumane things he had done. Things he had done all in order to keep sitting on his throne of nothing but thorns and blood. 

 

 

    Jinyoung regrets it. He regrets it a Hell of a lot. But it’s too late now. 

 

 

    “Sir, I don’t think you quite understand that I can do a lot for you,” Daniel tried, more desperately this time. “I swear I can do-“

 

 

    “You,” Jinyoung pointed to one of the three suited men, who’s standing near the English mafia boss. Daniel looked over to his translator, who was just standing there without saying a word since everyone in that room could converse in English without a problem. He nodded. The translator bit his lip and headed over closer to Jinyoung. “You are?” The Chairman asked in Korean.

 

 

    “A translator, sir,” came the replied. Mark hasn't missed that shake in the man’s voice; the innocent translator was scared. 

 

 

    Jinyoung stood up and turned to face Mark. There was no hesitation as the Chairman smoothly circled his hand around his bodyguard’s waist, retrieving the gun that’s tucked carefully into the pants’ waistband and pressing against the small of Mark’s back. It happened so fast that Mark didn’t have enough time to react to what was going on. The next thing he heard was the firearm going off. 

 

 

    Mark froze. His entire face discolored and eyes bulging out of their sockets as he stared at the scene in front of him through his dark glasses. Suddenly, his body stiffens, stopping any blood flows that’s desperately trying to fight through the blockage. His veins popping in a mixture of anger and confusion. The smell of fresh blood floods the agent’s nose. Mark wants to throw up. 

 

 

    The room fell into an eerie silence. No one lifted a finger. Huynsuk was already sort of expecting it to happen, so he remained calm, diverting his eyes away from the brute that displayed itself by the Crown Prince’s feet. Daniel, on the other hand, wore the same expression as Mark. Of course, the English mafia boss didn’t even dreamt of this happening. With a soft gulp, Daniel moved his eyes up, startled at the piercing gaze Jinyoung was giving him. He realized as he looked into those cold eyes, Chairman Park is a monster.

 

 

    “Anything more you want to add?” Jinyoung set Mark’s gun down on top of the table. At his feet lies the poor-fated translator. The man’s eyes were wide open as if he witnessed his own death from a different perspective. His irises were empty, and his jaw slacked open as blood spewed out like waterfalls. The shot was brutal, piercing through his throat, tearing the flesh apart, exposing the cracked bones and ripped muscles. Soon enough, his entire chest and face were covered in his own blood. Jinyoung glanced down at the body, unfazed, cursing himself that this will be added into his long list of nightmares. “I’m wasting my time here. I’ll take my leave.” 

 

 

    As on cue, Hyunsuk stood up and politely bowed. The man reached down and shook his foreign friend, who’s still sitting there in shock. Daniel snapped out of it and stood up to properly see the Chairman off. It was a failed deal, but Daniel now harbors so much respect and intimidation for Jinyoung. And to think that just an hour ago he had subtly looked down on the young Chairman. Now, he’ll kiss the ground Jinyoung walks on. 

 

 

    The Chairman just nodded and walked out, only stopping after two steps when a certain person isn’t following him. With a commanding voice, Jinyoung snapped sharply, “come here.” 

 

 

    Mark closed his mouth, picked up his gun, and hurried out the door. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Yanking the Chairman back by his arm, Mark’s face was exposed, his eyes freed from the coverage of those annoying glasses, his expression screamed with rage. They’re outside the old pub, in front of that awful alley, waiting for the driver to roll by. Mark shoved Jinyoung harshly with the strength of an extremely trained ‘assassin.’ The Chairman maintained his balance; he rolled his eyes.

 

 

    “What the ? Why? Why did you-“ The words coming out of Mark’s mouth were uneven, showing pure weakness. It’s not like Mark had never seen blood before. He had. Of course, with this kind of job, he had. Many times. He’s numb to it. But the horrendous fact that Jinyoung just shot, and killed, someone innocent in cold blood kept replaying in Mark’s head, diving deeper into his consciousness and clawing every piece of insanity off of the thick walls that separated Mark from running on a murderous spree of ripping hearts out of their bodies. 

 

 

    Jinyoung, however, showed no sign of remorse, or any emotions. He calmly looked at his furious bodyguard. “I didn’t expect you to carry a ing Desert Eagle that shoots point fifty AE bullets. It wouldn’t have been messy if you had a ing regular glock. . And that was shot point blank.” 

 

 

    If there was anything left Mark felt for the man standing casually in front of him, there wasn’t. Mark’s mission was to kill Park Jinyoung. The decision that rests upon his shoulders were vague. But now, Mark came to decide that a ing bastard like this heartless human isn’t worth for the world to shelter. Jinyoung had proven himself to be more monstrous than Mark could ever have imagined. 

 

 

    “You. . .” The agent balled his fists, heart clenching for that innocent translator whose family is probably waiting for him to return from work. “How could you? What are you even doing? You work for the ing government! Why the -“

 

 

    “Your point is?” Jinyoung scoffed and shrugged out of Mark’s grip. He walked forward and looked back at the agent. “The world isn’t pretty. So why should I try to perfect it? I’m doing what I can to survive. Of course, someone like you wouldn't understand it.”

 

 

    “Don’t pull that bull on me, Park,” Mark clenched his jaw, “you damn well know whatever you’re doing is-“

 

 

    Overcome by anger at someone who dares to raise their voice at the most powerful man on Earth, Jinyoung grabbed Mark by the collars and shoved the agent hard against the brick wall of the empty alley. Mark’s back pressed painfully against the wall while Jinyoung effortlessly towering over him like a starving wolf. The Chairman held his hard gaze with Mark, danger and tension oozing off of those eyes, roaring dominance like a mad beast. 

 

    " you, Tuan. You’re not my ing dad. You’ve got the nerves. Even Jaebum and Youngjae wouldn't dare to lecture me like this. Let me put you back in your place. With me, you’re just a ing guard dog. Nothing more. You don’t own me, but I own you. So why don’t you mind your own business and shut the up. Don’t try me, Mark. I can ing end you right here and now, and nobody is powerful enough to put me behind bars. There’s no justice in this world. Just a bunch of hungry monsters roaming around, looking for preys to bite on. You’re not special, Mark Tuan. To me, you’re just food. And that will be all you’ll ever be.”

 

 

    Anyone would be scared less. Including Mark. He should be. But why should he be when he’s holding the power to kill? Pushing back at Jinyoung with brute force and break free from the Chairman’s grasp, Mark glared. “We’ll see if you can still talk like this when you’re dead.” 

 

 

    The silence didn’t last for more than a minute before Jinyoung smirked with much confidence, “it’s that a threat? Should I be afraid? Oh, but I’m not? Look at who you are and look at who I am. Don’t ever even think about trying to reach me. You can’t.”

 

 

    “You-“

 

 

    Mark’s words were cut off by a booming voice, “sir, I am here.” 

 

 

    The driver was different. The one before had somewhat of a fear odor radiating around him. This one, however, is full of malice. And they’re all directed at Mark. This new driver looked like a chained hunting dog, growling and struggling to break free from its owner’s grip to pound on the tempting piece of raw meat displaying in front of its red eyes. Jinyoung walked towards the car and ordered, “relax. A like you should sit still. Don’t eat what I don’t give. Tell this to the others, too. Mark Tuan is off-limits. Don’t ing touch him when I didn’t tell you to.”

 

 

    “Yes, sir!” 

 

 

    Mark hates it. He hates that he has to cower behind Park Jinyoung to be protected from being ripped to pieces. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Driving his car into the parking of the nation’s largest hospital, Jaebum was feeling weighted. He knows he shouldn't be getting himself involved in whatever the Hell that his Vice is cooking up, but Jinyoung had especially told Jaebum to go. Being co-workers and good friends with Jinyoung for some time, Jaebum opted to the Vice Captain’s desire. It’s not like Jaebum was scared of Jinyoung. He wasn’t. Well, maybe sometimes, but most of the time, Park Jinyoung is a good person, so it wasn’t a threat. The one Jaebum is cautious of is Chairman Park. But Jinyoung is a warm-hearted person. 

 

 

    The Captain got out of his car with a sigh. He’s still trying to re-evaluate all of his life choices. “Why the Hell would he leave something so important with a friend? Did Park Jinyoung finally loses it and went crazy?” 

 

 

    Before Jinyoung left for Jeju, he had asked Jaebum to retrieve some checks from his best friend. Apparently, Jinyoung thought it’s a great idea to leave a loaded checkbook of all his illegal transactions with a friend. To Jaebum’s doubts and scolds, the young Chairman in insisted that his best friend is a trustworthy person. Jaebum just rolled his eyes, cursing himself for being easily dragged into this ridiculous mess. What else could he possibly do, though? Jinyoung trusts him enough to let him in on the secrets. And they’re business partners. Well, used to, when Jaebum was still living under his controlling parents’ roof. Nonetheless, Jinyoung, despite his cruel flaws, is someone Jaebum can proudly call a partner, a friend, a companion. 

 

 

    “Excuse me,” Jaebum tapped lightly on the reception desk. The man behind the counter looked up with curious eyes. The agent cracked a small smile, “I’m looking for a doctor?”

 

 

    “We have a lot of doctors here, sir,” the receptionist chuckled softly. “Which one are you referring to?” 

 

    

    “Um . . .” Jaebum looked down at the flat surface of the fancy front desk, trying to remember the name of Jinyoung’s best friend. After a couple of long seconds, Jaebum could only pull out the last name, half-praying that there’ll be only one doctor with this last name. “Ch… Choi…? I believe…. I’m looking for a Doctor Choi?” 

 

 

    The receptionist quirked an eyebrow, “you do know there’s roughly about a hundred of Choi's in this hospital, right? And a good sixty percent of them are doctor-status… So… If you could give me more than a last name, then I’m sure we could narrow the list down, sir.” 

 

 

    The agent sighed. He always has a problem with forgetting irrelevant things. Jaebum looked a around in detest. He looked back at the receptionist with an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry… I only remembers the last name…” Something suddenly clicked. “Oh! He’s a trainee, a doctor-in-training.”

 

 

    “There you go, that’s much better information,” the receptionist smiled widely, “so this doctor is a male, with the last name Choi, and he’s currently a doctor-in-training…” 

 

 

    Jaebum nodded as the receptionist quints his eyes while trying to think of the searched person. It didn’t take long before the man lightened up in realization. “I think I know who you’re looking for! I’ll call him up!” 

 

 

    “Please do, thank you,” Jaebum politely said, then turned around and leaned his back against the counter. And waits patiently. Jaebum have to get the checkbook today. He’s only free today, and it lessens the risk of the book ending up in someone else’s hands. Not only would Jinyoung skins him alive if the book went missing, but Jaebum would also be involved in whatever the that’s following that Chairman. It’ll be dreadful. 

 

 

    Minutes turned to longer minutes. Jaebum’s patience was wearing thin. He was about to turn back around and asks the receptionist what was taking the doctor so long, but his earpiece buzzed, statics ringing annoyingly in his left ear. “What? They did what? ing Christ. I knew I shouldn’t have left you kids alone.” Quickly turning back to the receptionist, Jaebum said, “I’m sorry. Something came up. I’ll be back later. Thank you, though.” And before the receptionist had time to even reply back, Jaebum was already bolting out the doors. 

 

 

    “But he’s already here…” 

 

 

    “Ryeowook!”

 

 

    “Youngjae, hey!”

 

 

    “What’s up? Why'd you called?” 

 

 

    “Someone was looking for you.” 

 

 

    “. . . Who . . .?”

 

 

    “Someone dressed in an agent suit. Like Jinyoung-ssi. Seems important.”

 

 

    Youngjae looked out the glass doors of the hospital, craning his neck to catch a glimpse of someone, but no luck. That person had already gone. The trainee doctor bit his lower lip, remembering his best friend’s favor. He then turned back to Ryeowook, who’s busy typing away on the computer’s keyboard. “Make sure to immediately call me when he’s back, okay? Like right away.” 

 

 

    “Of course. He did say he’ll be back.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Mark glanced at the reflection in the rear-view mirror. For only a couple of seconds. Then, his eyes were back on the road and hands gripping on the steering wheel. It’s around midnight. The island’s sky settles for a pleasing dark blue with sparkling gold stars while the ocean waves crashes peacefully against the rocks. Mark was stuck driving the Chairman back to one of his villas up in the high mountains, secluded from the rest of the cities within the dreamy Jeju Island. Honestly, all Mark wants right now is to sleep in his bed back at the hotel. But of course, he can’t leave Jinyoung’s side for more than thirty minutes. 

 

 

    Sighing heavily, Mark rather not stretch on it more, or else he’ll completely lose his mind over. Instead, he’ll just focus on driving up this highway. The car was too quiet for the agent’s liking. He could hear the soft breathing of a sleeping Chairman in the back. But what annoys him is the hushed whimpers that occasionally layered through the stillness of the night. 

 

 

    Jinyoung’s eyebrows furrowed as his face scrunched up, sweats gliding down his forehead as his hands gripped tightly onto his suit pants. He seemed as if he’s extremely uncomfortable. As if something is mounted on top of him, suffocating him with its long, furry fingers adorned with sharp claws. His eyeballs flickered around under the weight of his eyelids. His throat dry and unable to scream out. Suddenly, a man appears in front of him. A man with his throat ripped apart, with the flesh on his mouth blown away, revealing jagged teeth dripping with blood, with one eye open wide while the other was missing from its socket, with skin burnt deep like it was caught on fire, with clothes soaked in blood. The man reached out and grabbed onto Jinyoung’s shirt, breathing down his neck like a snake wrapping itself around its prey. Jinyoung wants to scream. To cry out. But he couldn’t. All he could do was standing there in the stillness of the dark blanket surrounding him, watching as the figure circling his body like a curse. Then, out from the sporadic smoke, come a woman and a child. They both had matching grins, with their hands linked together. The woman’s face was pale, veins were popping on her forehead. But the child. The little girl… The little girl’s head was split in half. A stream of red blood was pouring out from her chest, where her heart was silently beating. They were walking towards Jinyoung.

 

 

    Jinyoung backed away, eyes like a deer caught in headlights, hands shaking and sweating. He couldn’t breathe. He held his hands to his throat, gagging and coughing, trying to catch a breath. But the man was squeezing his slender, bony fingers around his throat, trapping all the air. The woman burst out laughing. Her voice shrilling into Jinyoung’s ears. And the little girl smiled sheepishly at him. Her pink dress soaked with her own blood. The little girl reached up to her head as Jinyoung stared in horror. Her fingers dug into the crack of her small head. And with a loud scream of “PARK JINYOUNG,” she pulled her head open, ripping the entire half of it. The cracking of bones and squishing of brain and blood resonated loudly in Jinyoung’s mind like a wake-up call. 

 

 

    He snapped his eyes opened and the first thing he sees was Mark, his bodyguard. No words were formed as Jinyoung stared wide-eyes at Mark’s gorgeous face. He didn't notice the agent was holding onto him. He also didn’t notice he was gripping tightly onto Mark’s arms like his life was depending on it. 

 

 

    “Sir, we’re here,” Mark said, softer this time. He gave Jinyoung a little look-over. “Are you all right? You look like you were having-“

 

 

    Jinyoung hastily released his hold on Mark and pushed the agent’s hands off of his body. Mark staggered back in surprise. The young master got out of the car’s backseats and quickly headed towards his villa. He wanted to smack himself for being like this. No one knows about this. No one supposed to know. Especially Mark Tuan. Now Jinyoung probably looks weak. He shook off the annoyance and ignored the pained feeling in his heart. For a split second there, when Jinyoung opened his eyes, he was overwhelmingly glad to be greeted with Mark’s gentle ones. For a split second. And nothing more. 

 

 

    Mark followed closely behind, mildly feeling a bit worried for Jinyoung. It wasn’t intended. But the young master had looked like he’s in a lot of pain, so Mark did what he would do and got off the driver’s seat to go around and opened the backseats’ door, trying to shake Jinyoung awake. The first few attempts did nothing. But as soon as Mark grabbed the Chairman by his shoulder, Jinyoung suddenly gripped firmly onto his arms and started mumbling softly. Mark was confused, but still determined to shake Jinyoung awake before something else could go wrong. And now the Chairman is giving him the cold shoulders, like nothing had happened. Which is stupidly childish. Because Mark had seen it all. 

 

 

    Turning on the living room lights, Jinyoung shrugged off his suit jacket and tie, throwing them somewhere over the couches. He headed straight to the mini bar and popped himself a glass of red wine. While pouring, he looked up and sees Mark standing awkwardly by the door. And so Jinyoung invited, “want some?” 

 

 

    “H-huh? What?” Mark looked taken back and a bit startled. 

 

 

    “Wine,” Jinyoung answered with a small smile. “Want some wine?” 

 

 

    Mark shrugged, “sure? I guess. . .” ‘Cause why not? It’s been a Hell of a long day. 

 

 

    Jinyoung took out another glass and pour into it. When he was done, he took the glass and walked over to his bodyguard. Mark had his arm outstretched, ready to accept the glass directly from Jinyoung’s hand. Except, the young master paused, gave Mark a tired glare, and set the glass down on the table that’s standing between them. Mark rolled his eyes and picked the glass up from the table, too exhausted to bash over Jinyoung’s rude and childish attitude. It’s too late into the night for this . 

 

 

    They drank in silence. Jinyoung’s out on the balcony of his living room, watching the ocean view, while Mark stayed close to the balcony’s glass doors, watching the cinematic view of the trees and rocks playing songs with the seas, as well as watching the way Jinyoung’s shoulders relaxed under the cool breeze of early winter.

 

    

    Mark was curious. Very curious. But he didn’t want to bring it up. With Jinyoung’s personality, Mark would probably get nothing from him. What confused the out of the agent is that why the does seeing Jinyoung struggling against a nightmare in his sleep and whimpering like someone’s stabbing him to death makes Mark’s resolution dissolved like foams in the sea. What happened with deciding to carry his mission to kill Park Jinyoung? What happened with seeing Park Jinyoung as a horrifying beast that feeds on flesh and drinks blood? What happened with wanting to take every last breath away from that spoiled young master with an unbelievable attitude and two-faced personality? What happened-

 

 

    All Mark could think of is how pitiful Jinyoung had looked in that car, just awhile ago, desperately clinging onto Mark like he’s begging for help. Like he’s begging someone to just pull him away from the mess he, himself, had created. Like he’s begging for a miracle to happen where he’ll just disappear from this goddamn cruel world that he’s forced to live in. Like he’s begging for someone to save him. Anyone. Just please, please, get him out of here. 

 

 

    “You don’t know about this,” Jinyoung said, “and you didn’t see anything.” 

 

 

    The agent lifted his head up and stared at the back of the Chairman’s head. “You know, if it’s something that’s been going on for a long time, you should seek medical or professional help or else-“

 

 

    “Are you done?” 

 

 

    Mark raised his eyebrow, “what?”

 

 

    “Are you done with your wine?” Jinyoung repeated.

 

 

    “Um. . . Yeah. . .?” Mark looked down at his empty glass, surprised that he finished it all without knowing he had actually drank it. Maybe he was too occupied in his thoughts to notice. 

 

 

    “Then get out,” Jinyoung said. The Chairman turned around and walked back inside the villa, leaving Mark standing there with bewilderedness painted across his face. Jinyoung placed the glass on the bar’s marble counter and headed upstairs to his room. He didn’t say anything else to his bodyguard, because he knows Mark isn’t going anywhere anyways. 

 

 

    Which was right. Mark didn’t go anywhere. He couldn’t. The villa literally had no other protections other than some measly cameras and security alarms. The agent wondered if this isn’t the main villa. Because the main villa would have tons of bodyguards standing around in every corner. Mark took his glass and Jinyoung’s to the sink and washed them nicely. He then puts them back where he had seen Jinyoung took them out from. Not after he wiped them dry with a paper towel of course. 

 

 

    Looking around the huge place, Mark sighed and plopped down onto the couch. His goal is to get at least three hours before the sun rises. Mark closed his eyes and willed himself to sleep through the melodic sound of waves crashing against big boulders of aging rocks.

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Has it been three hours? Two? One? Mark wasn’t sure. One thing for sure, though, is that a scream pounded through his eardrums. And in a second, Mark was up on his feet and running frantically up the staircase. There were so many rooms, forcing Mark to bang open each and every one of them, finding where the screaming was coming from. The scream only died down when Mark reached the end of the long corridor of rooms. He puts his hand on the knob and twisted it, opening the door. 

 

 

    Mark halted on his steps. 

 

 

    Jinyoung was on the bed, face and white dress shirt drenched with sweat, as his hands were gripping onto his hair, nails digging into his scalp, panting hard and uneven. His eyes were bloodshot and tears were pouring from them. His lips were dried and cracked. He kept swallowing down, trying his best to form words with his voice. His head buried between the clutch of his hands. He wants to go home

 

 

    “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. . .” Jinyoung whispered, feeling each apology penetrating through his limbs and heart, making it bleeds nonstop. Bleeding the blood of the many he had spilt with his own hands. 

 

 

    And Mark watched it all.