a v e r s i o n

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

    It didn’t surprised Mark to wake up alone on the couch with a blanket draped over him. It also didn’t surprised him to find that the young master had already left. Mark sighed, feeling bad for himself for letting someone like Park Jinyoung just sleeps on him like that. And they even slept together? Cuddled? Throughout the entire night? A lot of s were going on, and honestly, Mark wasn’t in the slightest mood. So with another deep sigh, the agent got up and went freshened himself before starting another of his many long days. 

 

 

    When Mark arrived at the Park Group’s headquarters, the Chairman wasn’t even there. No one told Mark anything about moving locations. Despite a little pissed off, because he’s wasting his time, Mark still managed to press the Chairman’s location out from Jaehwan through a quick phone call. It was a bit difficult. Jaehwan was really determined to not give it up. Which made Mark realized. Jinyoung probably remembers everything last night, and now, doesn’t want to see Mark. But the agent couldn’t let it slide. He’s on his work. He have to stay professional. 

 

 

    Arriving at one of Park Group’s largest mall, Mark sighed again and rubbed his temple with his fingers. Did the headache crawled from Jinyoung’s head to his? How? Because they slept together? Well, this ing . 

 

 

    “Sir!” 

 

 

    Mark puts his hand down and turned towards the direction of that voice. From a distance, Jaehwan was catching up to someone, whose back looked awfully familiar. The person stopped, and they talked for a bit, before Jaehwan was smacked on his shoulder. Mark winched, feeling bad for the young boy. He approached them, clearing his throat, making himself noticed in the sea of the shoppers. 

 

 

    “Oh, Mark-ssi,” Jaehwan turned and gave a curt bow, showing respect for his elders. 

 

 

    The person turned around also and, obviously, didn’t like the presence of the agent very much. And he showed so clearly. Mark just lowered his head in a greeting bow. 

 

 

    “You’ve been disappointing me a lot these days, Jaehwan,” the Chairman sighed, turning to walk forwards. 

 

 

    Jaehwan followed, rubbing the back of his neck, “sorry, Young Master. It’s just I have other business to do today… I didn’t expect you’ll be calling me to be your bodyguard, so I prepared a lot for today with the team… My apologies, sir, but I couldn’t cancelled the plans, so I thought, maybe, I’ll just have Mark-ssi comes and accompany you instead…” 

 

 

    The Chairman laughed, “nice excuse.” 

 

 

    Mark rolled his eyes, also following the two close behind, “what’s wrong being with me? I’ve been your bodyguard since-“

 

 

    Jinyoung stopped and turned to face Mark. “Nobody asked you. Shut up.” 

 

 

    “I’m just-“

 

 

    “I said shut up. What part of that simple sentence don’t you understand?” 

 

 

    Giving Jinyoung a glare through his shades, Mark zipped his mouth. Oh, he knows exactly what’s the Chairman’s doing. This is why, although the agent hates to admit, he prefers Park Jinyoung over Chairman Park. Because Jinyoung doesn’t try to act tough as a method of running away from his problems. Like Chairman Park does. 

 

 

    “Well, since your called up Mark, you can leave to attend whatever the Hell you planned,” the Chairman huffed, waving off Jaehwan. 

 

 

    “Thank you, sir, I’ll see you when you finish your rounds with Mark-ssi-“

 

 

    “My what?” 

 

 

    “-I mean your check-ups... With Mark-ssi-“

 

 

    “Say it again? My what? With who?” 

 

 

    “Your strolls by yourself, sir!” Jaehwan stiffened, confusion splattered all over his face. 

 

 

    The Chairman sighed, “leave.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir! Have a good time, sir!” And with that, the Head Bodyguard dashed out the mall like he’s running from the wrath of a monster. Which he probably was. 

 

 

    Mark couldn’t help but bit back a little laugh, earning himself a dead glare from the Chairman. But Mark didn’t notice. He was too busy trying to not doubled over right there and then in a laugh attack. 

 

 

    “Stay far behind,” the Chairman commanded, as he continued walking forwards. 

 

 

    With a nod, Mark did as told. He stayed far behind. Probably a little further than what the actual command meant, but they both knew that it was best for them to keep distance from each other. The further the better. And it’s not like Jinyoung was incapable of protect himself. 

 

 

    The Chairman walked on, passing by a lot of stores. Mark started to question the whole purpose of this. The Chairman clearly wasn’t stopping by anywhere to check on. He just kept walking straight ahead. Mark sighed, adjusting his shades. This morning’s going to be a huge waste of time. 

 

 

    Just as the agent listed number of reasons of why this whole expedition is stupid in his head, the Chairman turned into a store. Finally. Mark hurried to catch up. It was a perfume store. 

 

 

    “Cha-Chairman!” The manager’s face went pale for a second at the sight of the Chairman in flesh. “I-is there-there some-something wrong, sir?” 

 

 

    Ignoring the manager’s respectful bow, Jinyoung walked past and made his way to the product that he had in mind. Other employees noticed the authority presence and immediately showed their respects, though, they were all ignored by the Chairman. Mark scoffed, standing at the entrance of the store, waiting for His Majesty to finish up. When Jinyoung was done and already exited, Mark turned towards the manager and gave a little bow, an apology for the young master’s bratty attitude. 

 

 

    Returning back to following behind the Chairman, Mark shook his head. How could someone be so rude to others? Yes, Jinyoung owns the place, but still, can’t he be a decent Boss? Apparently, not. While mentally insulting this disgrace of a human being, Mark didn’t notice an object flying his way. The agent looked up on instinct and barely caught it. 

 

 

    “What the Hell…” Looking down at the rectangular box in his hand, Mark raised an eyebrow. 

 

 

    “Use that from now on,” Jinyoung said, “don’t ever use whatever the ing you’re using right now.” 

 

 

    Mark opened the box and took out a clearish-greyish bottle. It looked extremely simple, yet, very elegant at the same time. He uncapped the bottle and sniffed a little, grimacing at the aroma that intruded his nose. “What’s the point? The smell of this is also sweet.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes. Before he could actually stopped himself, he already stepped into Mark’s personal bubble and sniffed the smell from the agent’s neck. Jinyoung made a disgusted face, “less sweet than this .” 

 

 

    Although a bit taken back by the sudden closeness, because literally they haven’t been within five feet of each other this whole morning, Mark remained composed, rolling his eyes behind his shades at the ridiculous comment. “You’re childish,” the agent moved his head to sniff himself, “what’s so sweet about what I’m wearing? This and the one I used smell the same-“

 

 

    “You’re using what I just gave and that’s final,” Jinyoung glared. “Conversation over.” And the Chairman his heels, walking away from his bodyguard. 

 

 

    Mark scoffed, placing the bottle back into the box. “I don’t have to listen to you.” 

 

 

    “If you showed up to work, smelling like anything else but that bottle, I’m going to skin you.”

 

 

    “ing Hell…” 

 

 

    God, Mark hates Park Jinyoung so much. 

 

 

    But the fact that Jinyoung bought this must have mean…. 

 

 

    Mark shook his head and sighed heavily. He has to stop here. They have to stop here.  

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “All right, today’s training is over,” Jaehwan announced, smiling proudly at his hardworking hyungs, “thank you all for participating and doing your best! You’re all dismissed-“

 

 

    “Sir!” 

 

 

    “Yes?” 

 

 

    “We have a situation, sir.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan furrowed his eyebrows, already not liking whatever that’s coming next. “Go on.” 

 

 

    “We caught another rat lurking around the warehouse near Building A.” 

 

 

    Throwing his head back and groaned in frustration, “oh, come on! Not again?!” 

 

 

    “Sir, what should we-“

 

 

    “What do you mean?! Lock the bastard up! I’ll report to Young Master.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “Oh, that looks amazing on you, sir,” the employee flashed a kind smile. 

 

 

    Jinyoung just nodded, checking himself out on the mirror in front of him, making sure that the suit actually looked good on him and not some of the lie employees were spewing to get customers to buy their products. 

 

 

    The employee, however, was completely in her bubble of honesty. No one could deny how amazing the Chairman was looking. No one. “Do you like this one, or do you want to try another, sir?” 

 

 

    “This is fine,” Jinyoung nodded. 

 

 

    Mark rubbed his ear, feeling a bit awkward just standing there while Jinyoung picked out clothes. Also, feeling ashamed whenever he caught himself grazing his eyes over the curves on Jinyoung’s body in that so, so, so, so fitting suit. Damn, Jinyoung does looks amazing. Mark cleared his throat and scrunched up his nose, turning away from the forbidden sight. 

 

 

    “Ah, sir, what do you think?” The employee turned to Mark with the same smile she’s been wearing. “Doesn’t he looks great?”

 

 

    “What?” Mark was caught off guard. Who she’s asking? 

 

 

    “You, sir,” her smiled grew wider, “doesn’t your boyfriend look great?” 

 

 

    At this, Jinyoung snapped his head back towards Mark’s direction, eyes widened and triggered. Mark’s jaw dropped open, unable to form any coherent words, just stood there in utter shock. The other employees and manager quickly bowed and apologized to Jinyoung in a hurried. 

 

 

    Obviously, the smiling employee’s smile dropped as she looked around, completely oblivious to what was happening. She turned back to Mark and tilted her head, “I’m sorry, is he not… Are you two not together?”  

 

 

    “You’re new, aren’t you?” The Chairman approached the innocent employee. 

 

 

    She bowed and replied with a casual, “yes, sir.” 

 

 

    “When did you start?” 

 

 

    “Last week, sir,” she answered with smoothness. There were no evidence of fear in her voice at all. 

 

 

    The Chairman scoffed and waved the manager over. “Void her first paycheck.” 

 

 

    “Y-yes, sir,” the manager obediently bowed. 

 

 

    “W-what?” The new employee panicked, “what did I do wrong?” 

 

 

    Mark sighed, feeling bad for the poor girl. And so, he walked over and smiled assuringly at her. “You didn’t do anything wrong. It’s okay. You didn’t know, so it isn’t your fault.” 

 

 

    “Mark,” Jinyoung warned. 

 

 

    But the agent kept going, “just be careful next time. I’ll make sure your paycheck won’t get void.” 

 

 

    “Mark, back off,” Jinyoung warned the second time. 

 

 

    The new employee bowed, “I’m sorry. I just thought you two were together, because you were looking really intensely at him when he was trying on different suits, so I just thought…” 

 

 

    With the new employee’s sudden observation report, Jinyoung looked at Mark with his jaw clenched and eyes shooting daggers. Mark coughed and cleared his throat, feeling the tip of his ears slightly burning. “What are you talking about? I wasn’t looking. What are you… I’m wearing shades, how would you know?” 

 

 

    “But-“

 

 

    “Quit talking back!” The manager scolded his new employee, “do you know who this is? It’s Chairman Park!” 

 

 

    Blinking a couple of times, the new employee finally grasped the seriousness of her situation. “Oh, my God. I’m so sorry, sir! I didn’t know… I’m so sorry… Please, forgive me for my rudeness.” 

 

 

    “Sir-“ Mark began, only to get shot down by the Chairman’s deadly glare. 

 

    

    Keeping a steady stare at the agent’s hidden eyes behind those shades, the Chairman ordered to the store’s manager, “pack up the ones I chose and add the payment to my tab. Give them to my guard dog here. I’m done.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir!” 

 

 

    Mark lowered his head in shame, avoiding the look Jinyoung was giving him. This whole thing was getting out of hand. The cashier rang up the items and bagged them, handing the bags to Mark, who accepted them reluctantly. Since when did he became a ing bag holder? The agent cursed quietly, holding all four bags in one hand. Mark exited the store, following behind Chairman Park. He’s angry, Mark thought. Damn that girl! I was being nice, too! Great. Now I’m being punished. 

 

 

    The agent had thought the Chairman was angry enough to stop this shopping spree. But Mark could’ve been more wrong. The Chairman suddenly thrived with some kind of activeness, waltzing into stores after stores, picking out and trying out to his heart’s content. Mark had a hard time to keep up. The young master was moving way too fast, throwing whatever the tips of his fingers touched towards the employees. At the end of the entire showcase of Jinyoung checking himself out in different outfits, he decided to purchase all. All. When the cashier printed out the receipt and gave it to Mark, a moment silence passed by his eyes. He’d never seen anyone spending so much on clothes that they probably won’t even wear. Mark had to pull down his shades to check the numbers on that long receipt to make sure he wasn’t seeing things. Oh, he definitely wasn’t. 

 

 

    “Wow…” Mark exhaled, shaking his head in disbelief as he grabbed the bags off the counter. 

 

 

    And it continued. At some point, Mark started to re-evaluate his life choices, wondering where did he went wrong that he deserved this horrible cruelty. Mark counted. He was carrying thirty-four bags, so far. The Chairman was still going at it. Mark just shook his head every time the receipt gets printed out. All these clothes together would probably cost more than Mark’s entire existence. 

 

 

    “Would you like to try something else, sir, since you don’t like the color?” 

 

 

    “No, I’ll take this,” the Chairman said, taking off the blazer, eyes glancing at his bodyguard’s reflection in the mirror in front of him. “Actually, I’ll take all the colors available for this.” 

 

 

    “Yes, s-sir…” 

 

 

    Mark sighed. Jinyoung’s doing this on purpose. How immature. Mark rolled his eyes, hating the fact that he couldn’t say , because then again, he brought this up on himself. He shouldn’t have ing stared for too long. Now, this happens. Mark closed his eyes, praying for a miracle. His arms couldn’t take it anymore. 

 

 

    “Hello?” Jinyoung picked up his ringing phone, “what do you want, Jaehwan. I’m busy-“

 

    

    Like having an iced lemonade on a hot sunny day, Mark felt the rush of delight rushing through his body as his ears perked up to the phone call. Final-ing-ly. 

 

 

    The Chairman looked very serious. Something big must have happened. Mark could only smirk. Because it meant that Mark could escape this Hell. After a few minutes of the Chairman just listening to whatever his Head Bodyguard was reporting, the call ended with an ice-cold chairman. Mark didn’t like that look. He never had. Because that look doesn’t suit Park Jinyoung at all. 

 

 

    “Forget it,” the Chairman told the employees, then he turned to the agent, “get off your . We have to go.” 

 

 

    With a strained smile, Mark got up and gathered the fifty-nine bags resting at his feet, “yes, sir.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Whoever saids Chairman Park lacks in creativity obviously spitting bull. There’s so much creativity in this man. To the point that it’s ing scary. The word ‘creativity' was probably created with the sole purpose to accurately describe this man. Was there anything that Park Jinyoung hasn’t tried? 

 

 

    “You’re…” The tied man breathed softly, his mouth pooled with his own blood pouring from his gum, “you’re wasting… Your-your time…. I’m n-not going to…”

 

 

    “Pull another one,” the Chairman commanded. And one of his guard grabbed a metal plier and stuck it into the man’s mouth, pulling out another of his tooth at an insanely slow pace. “Still not in the mood to talk?” 

 

 

    The man’s scream was muffled by the blood flooding his mouth, dripping down from the corners. He shook his head wildly. Jinyoung sighed, disappointed and impressed at the same time. Disappointed because his tortuous ways weren’t working a lot these days. Impressed because the amount of loyalty these rats he’s been catching was pretty solid. 

 

 

    “Last chance,” Jaehwan offered, “all you have to do is tell us who sent you, and we’ll let you free.” 

 

 

    The man let out a half-laugh half-cough, choking on his own blood, “never! You ers will be punished by the law!” 

 

 

    At the ridicule, Jinyoung burst out laughing loudly, “you’ve got the nerves, huh?”

 

 

    “All the horrible… Horrible s y-you’ve done, Park Jinyoung… It’ll g-get back at you!” 

 

 

    Sighing, the Chairman gestured for Jaehwan to proceed with something. The Head Bodyguard nodded and disappeared with a couple of other guards. Mark was confused. Jaehwan and the guards came back with hands holding on leashes of Doberman hunting dogs. Mark stared at the vicious animals. This can’t be what he thinks it is… 

 

 

    “Sorry, I don’t have time to idle around any longer,” Jinyoung pursed his lips, taking his suit jacket back from one of the guards and slipping it on. “You know, I always have a fond over animals. It hurts my heart to see them so hungry. Poor things, they haven’t been fed in four days. They’re starving,” he looked at the saliva dripping down the dogs mouth with pity in his eyes. “I can’t have them like this. They need to be strong and healthy. They’ve worked hard for me all these years. They deserve to be well-fed and loved. Jaehwan, feed them.” 

 

 

    Mark watched in horror as the leashes were loosen, and those carnivores barked excitedly, sprinting and jumping onto the tied man. Their jagged sharp teeth tore throughout the man’s skin, splattering blood everywhere on the floor. The choked screams and cries of the man shook the basement. He was begging hopelessly for someone to save him from being eaten alive by those atrocious beasts. But his voice died down after the tenth shriek. Now echoing throughout the empty space were the sounds of bones crushing between teeth and dominant growls of the beasts trying to claim their prices.  

 

 

    Park Jinyoung is a creative man. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    By the time Mark carried in all the shopping bags, Jinyoung had already hit the shower. The agent huffed, hands on his hips as he tried to ground himself. Taking off his shades, Mark thought he must have raid the entire nation in his previous life, because why does always happen. Mark swore he hasn’t gone a day without witnessing some type of torture. 

 

 

    It wasn’t such a big deal, giving that Mark is a special-trained agent who’s been shipped off to many brutal missions. Gore was a bore to Mark. But the problem wasn’t the torture. The problem wasn’t the blood. The problem wasn’t the killings. The problem was Park Jinyoung. 

 

 

    How could Mark forgets that he’s on a special mission to kill this powerful Chairman? How could he? He didn’t. Mark never forgets. It’s impossible to. But it’s also impossible to say that Mark a hundred percent wanted Park Jinyoung dead. Why? Mark knew the answer himself. He was just too afraid to admit it, so he just kept it pressed down. That’s the only way for him to remain calm and mature about this whole goddamned awful fate that he’s trapped in. 

 

 

    Mark found himself so reckless these days. Doing and thinking of things he shouldn’t be. The agent sighed, already tired of it all. He just wants to go home and rest. Being here for a longer period of time wasn’t good for his health. Physically. Mentally. Psychologically. Emotionally. 

 

 

    Decided to take his mind off this mess for a while, Mark made his way to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and grabbed a couple of things. Right, cooking always takes him off of working his brain too much. Cooking always calms him. Mark took the knife in his hand and began cutting the vegetables he pulled out. 

 

 

    After a while, Mark made a whole dinner without knowing. Well, it’s dinnertime anyways. Setting the table neatly, Mark felt a lot better. It’s great to not think for a bit. It’s like a huge boulder was lifted off his shoulders. The feeling was relaxing and comforting. Smiling at the display of colorful dishes, Mark was satisfied. Looking towards the staircase, he called out to the owner of the house. After a few calls, no one responded back. Mark took a look at the time on the watch on his wrist. How long has Jinyoung been in the shower? 

 

 

    “!” Mark cursed, remembering the thirty-minutes-shower protocol. 

 

 

    Mark ran up the stairs, continuing to call out to Jinyoung. He stopped in front of the bathroom’s door and started banging on it. “Hey! Open up! Park Jinyoung, can you hear me?! Open the ing door!” No response. Mark backed away from the door and in a count to three, he ran towards it, throwing his body against the door, breaking it down with his weight. “Why didn’t you ing answer- Holy ! !” Mark gasped at the sight and quickly turned his entire body the other way, back facing the door he’d broken down out of panic. 

 

 

    “MARK TUAN!” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    It was one of those days that Jinyoung needed a long shower. A shower that could washed off his tiredness. A shower that could cooled down the boiling blood pumping through his veins. A shower that could cleansed him off the sins he committed. A baptism. Jinyoung needed a baptism. 

 

 

    He was so lost in his own thoughts and reflection on himself that he lost track of time. All he could hear was his own self mocking him with words that were enough to rip him apart. He was so lost into his own world that he didn’t considered everything else. Jinyoung thought he was alone. 

 

 

    But he wasn’t. 

 

 

    Of course, he wasn’t. 

 

 

    “MARK TUAN!” The young master screamed, grabbing the nearest thing, which thank God it happened to be a towel, to cover himself. His entire face burned bright red as he stared at the agent’s back. “What the ?!” Jinyoung yelled, feeling like his entire body was exposed for the world to see. It was, though, but not for the world to see. 

 

 

    “I-I, uh, I’m, oh, God, I’m so sorry, I thought-“ Mark stammered on his words, something Jinyoung never get to witness. 

 

 

    “YOU-“ 

 

 

    “I’M SORRY! I didn’t mean to! It’s protocol! And you weren’t answering, so I t-thought you were-were dead or something. So I just… I just…” Mark shook his head, “I swear to God I didn’t see-“

 

 

    “Get. Out.” 

 

 

    “Look,” Mark started to turn around, “I-“

 

 

    Jinyoung panicked, “DON’T ING TURN AROUND YOU IDIOT!” He gripped tightly onto the towel. His entire body now adorned the same color as his face. A pretty crimson.

 

 

    Mark held his arms in surrender, turning his back facing the young master again, “okay, okay, okay, I’m not! I, um, uh, I just, Jinyoung, I… I’m sorry, uh, I didn’t think you were still… Still, um, uh, an-anyways, I didn’t see anything-“

 

 

    “GET. OUT.” 

 

 

    “Got it,” and Mark quickly paced down the stairs. 

 

 

    After checking that it was only him upstairs, Jinyoung released the breath he didn’t know he was holding. He turned, catching his reflection in the mirror. Good grace, he looked ridiculous. Like someone had done him over so many times. Every inch of his skin was covered in either tints of pink or spots of scorching red. There was no in between. Jinyoung bit down on his lip, running his hand through his hair in frustration. How could he be so ing careless?! 

 

 

    “!” Jinyoung hissed, “how am I supposed to go down now…” 

 

 

    Gathering up the last drop of dignity he had left, Jinyoung dragged himself to his bedroom to put on clothes. When he was done, he took a look at himself in the mirror again, sighing in relief when he saw the paleness of milky white skin began to resurface again. He could do this. He’ll just act like nothing happened. 

 

 

    Right, let’s just act like Jinyoung wasn’t completely right in front of the person he hates the most. 

 

 

    At the thought, the young master’s cheeks burned up again. He immediately slapped his hands over his cheeks and shook his head. No. No. No. NO. NO!

 

 

    This can’t be happening.

 

 

    Jinyoung exhaled slowly, staring at his flushed reflection, “you’re going to do this. It’s okay. You two are both guys anyways. It’s okay… It’s… Argh! !” And his heart went wild and face turned red again. “Come on! It’s okay! It’s not like you have something he doesn’t! You both have the same thing… Oh, my ing God, what the am I saying?!” 

 

 

    Shutting his eyes tight, Jinyoung prayed that whatever just happened was a terrible nightmare, and he’ll wakes up soon. That didn’t go so well. Shaking his head, Jinyoung nodded at himself in the mirror, mustering his last determination. “You got this.” 

 

 

    He ascended downstairs in light steps. Or he tried to convince himself that they were light steps. Jinyoung showed up to the dining table, eyes using the foods to ignore other unnecessary existence. He took a seat and didn’t said a word. 

 

 

    See? You got this! 

 

 

    You just have to eat and not talk and everything will be just fine-

 

 

    “Listen, I swear to God, and I mean it, I ing swear on my ing life right now,” Mark’s voice shrilled into Jinyoung’s ears, “I swear I didn’t see anything. I swear. You can choose to believe me or not, but I didn’t see anything. I ing swear-"

 

 

    “Shut up,” Jinyoung growled, feeling his face starting to burn up for the hundredth time this evening. 

 

 

    “Okay…” 

 

 

    The rest of dinner was the most uncomfortable and embarrassed Jinyoung had ever felt. No one said a word. But the awkward tension didn’t go unnoticed. Mark probably caught on to it, too. 

 

 

    Unable to stand the embarrassment any longer, Jinyoung slammed down his chopsticks and sprinted upstairs to his room, locking himself in. “I ing swear I’m not coming out of this room anymore!” The young master curled up into a ball on his bed and screamed into his pillow. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Mark sighed, “why is he overreacting…” The agent began cleaning up quietly, also lost all the will to even enjoy the foods. “Why did he have to make it so awkward… Jeez… I really didn’t see anything… Such a child,” Mark mumbled to himself, his cheeks a little pink and the tips of his ears burning a little. 

 

 

    No, not this again. 

 

 

    Why s always happen to me?

 

 

    Where the did I went wrong?!

    

 

    Setting down the plates and chopsticks, Mark felt his cheek with one hand while fanning himself with the other hand. “I ing swear I didn’t see anything…” He exhaled, realizing that the more he swore, the more his body started to react violently to the image of… “No, no, no, no, I didn’t see anything. Mark Tuan, you didn’t see anything!” 

 

 

    Mark fanned himself some more. “I’m so ed,” he shook his head and sighed again. 

 

 

    Yeah, he’s ed to the point that he had to convince himself that he didn’t see anything he’s not supposed to.