h o s t i l e

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: HELLO ALL~ THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 300 SUBS! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME~ *gives candies* Anyways, I'm back with another chapter. Hope you all enjoy this~ Don't be afraid and leave as many comments as you can! ^_^ I'll see you beautiful creatures again soon~

###

 

 

 

 

 

       “You’re back.” Rolling his eyes, Ryeowook immediately recognized the visitor. Who wouldn’t when the image of a black-suited man with intimidating eyes just becomes a source to the front desk receptionist’s new stress. “I told you yesterday that-”


 

       “Let me see him,” the agent demanded, “I don’t got time for this. Let me see him, now.”  


 

       “Look, here, Mister Agent,” the receptionist glared, “I don’t care if you have the time or not, policy is policy-”


 

       “Is he here?”


 

       “Well, yes, but-”


 

       “Then call him out,” the agent’s expression turned grim and unfriendly, “I’m Im Jaebum, Captain of one of the Special Units in K.N.S.S. Park Jinyoung is my Vice Captain. Now, if you could please call out that doctor. It’s important.”


 

       Exhaling in annoyance, Ryeowook nodded his head and rolled his eyes again, “fine.”


 

       Jaebum watched as Ryeowook picked up the telephone and dialed. But before the receptionist could announce the summoning of a certain doctor, out of the corner of his eyes, Ryeowook caught the sight of that specific doctor walking towards the guest waiting room.


 

       “Oh! There he is!” Ryeowook left the front desk and advanced towards his doctor friend.


 

       Jaebum sighed but still followed behind the receptionist. When they were near the guest waiting room, the news from the television caught the agent’s complete attention. Every word that’s spilling out of the news announcer’s mouth slapped Jaebum across his face. The sudden recall of his conversation with Jinyoung over the phone yesterday damned on Jaebum like a hurricane.


 

       Jinyoung was in real danger this time.


 

       “,” without even waiting for anything else, Jaebum his heels and ran out the building.





 

+

+

+





 

       The huge flat screen TV of the hospital’s front desk guest waiting room was crowded by patients, doctors, nurses, basically everyone that happened to be there the moment the news announcer mentioned the important name.


 

       “The current Chairman of the Park Group, Park Jinyoung, has been taken into custody of the National Police Organization for alleged accusations of criminal records and illegal tradings, supported by crucial evidences that arrived earlier yesterday’s morning. Park Jinyoung had spent a night in custody without any interrogations. The Justice Chief of N.P.O. stated that there will be a proper investigation and questioning of the suspect later this afternoon. Park Group’s stocks declined throughout the hours of Park Jinyoung’s arrest, and…”


 

       Youngjae spotted the forming crowd and headed over, curious of the commotion. “Hey, what’s going on?” The doctor asked his nurse friend.


 

       “Isn’t that Jinyoung-ssi? Your best friend?” Sana covered with her hand and pointed to the screen, which now showing a picture of a young master with ice-cold eyes.


 

       “Oh, my God, Jin-Jinyoung…” Youngjae couldn’t believe what he was seeing, “wha-what? How-how…? That’s impossible…” Youngjae knew it was ridiculously impossible to expose the Park Jinyoung. Not without that checkbook anyways. So how-


 

       “The evidence received was sent in from an anonymous, claiming it’s the checkbook of all the illegal transactions and deals signed by the Chairman of the infamous Park Group himself,” the announcer continued on with the information that’s scripted on the papers in front of her.  


 

       The more his eyes and ears strained on the news, the more Youngjae could feel fear digging its roots through his skin. He swallowed, feeling like he’ll throw up any moment. This can’t be real. His hyung can’t possibly be pushed to the edge like this… Youngjae closed his eyes and bit his lip, desperately praying for someone, anyone, to please save his Jinyoung-hyung.


 

       “Youngjae!” Ryeowook ran over to the petrified doctor. “That agent came back! He’s a Captain of one of the Special Units in K.N.S.S. His name is Im-” The front desk receptionist turned back to introduce the person behind him, “huh? Where did he…”


 

       “Who are you talking about?” Sana furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “there’s no one there.”


 

       Ryeowook scratched his head, “I swears he was right there just seconds ago…”


 

       Youngjae looked towards the hospital’s entrance and chewed on his bottom lip worriedly, regretting not trying to contact that agent way before this whole mess.





 

+

+

+





 

       Mark’s phone has been ringing nonstop since the arrest of the person he’s supposed to protect as if his life depends on him. Well, his life is depended on Jinyoung. Afterall, the Chairman does has Mark’s entire family under his watch back in the States. Sighing, the agent still couldn’t wrapped his head around this whole situation. The most powerful business figure is spending his days under surveillance of national policemen. News spread like wildfire. Literally, Jinyoung’s face is everywhere Mark goes. The news won’t shut up about it. The webs blew up, allowing people to drop comments. Some were admiration of how beautiful the Chairman is, while others were just horrible, horrible, horrible trash of disturbing desires after dark. Mark tried to not read them all but curiosity got the best of him. And that was a terrible mistake.


 

       After reading those hostile comments, all Mark could think of was how everyone literally jumped on the bandwagon and hate on the young master. Mark also realized, in more depth, how much people have been waiting for this moment. The moment of the fall of a magnificent angel.


 

       “This is why I hate the business world,” Mark mumbled as he scrolled down through the comments again on his tablet. He knew he should stop before he’ll be reading worse , but honestly, Mark was just testing the waters.


 

       He was testing how much does these comments affect him.


 

       Because Mark wasn’t about to lie to himself that he doesn’t ing feels anything towards J-


 

       “Hello,” Mark answered the call as soon as his phone started ringing again.


 

       “Mark,” of course, it was none other than Jaebum. “What the happened? Explain to me why my Vice Captain is rotting in a ing cell!”


 

       The agent placed his tablet on the table and pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly, “listen, , your precious Vice Captain isn’t rotting, and it’s only been a night. ing stop overreacting.”


 

       “Mark! You were supposed to protect him! Why the -”


 

       “ing HELL! How was I supposed to know that he got his cuffed at his own hotel?! I wasn’t even there-”


 

       “You were supposed to be with him twenty-four seven goddamnit! I don’t ing care what you say, but you and him were supposed to share the same ing room! The whole ing point is you being by his side at all times, Mark!” Jaebum roared over the line, obvious anger on full display.


 

       Mark exhaled a heavy huff of air, patience slipping by the seconds, “so you’re ing blaming me?! It’s that it? It’s my fault, right? I mean I should have done a better job, right? Well, guess what, Im, I can’t do a ing better job if that son-of-a- kicks me out of the room and won’t let me sleep until he’s asleep if we happens to be in the same ing room! His is demanding as and openly disapprove everything I do! He’s a ing whiny little spoiled brat! I don’t got time for his childish !”


 

       “MARK-”


 

       “WHY DON’T YOU ING FLY OVER AND TRY TO BE HIS ING PERSONAL BODYGUARD THEN! I’M SICK OF THIS BULL!”


 

       The line stayed silent for a couple of minutes. Jaebum was letting Mark calm down. Which was exactly what Mark was trying to do. Mark wasn’t this kind of person. Mark Tuan has always been mature and composed no matter how bad the situation gets. He was vigorously trained to suppress his emotions. So there’s no reason for him to lose his cool like this. Slowly inhaling and exhaling, Mark closed his eyes and tightened his lips, cursing himself mentally.


 

       “Mark, all I’m trying to say is-” Jaebum began again after knowing for sure that his best friend has calmed down.


 

       “I shouldn’t be caring, Jaebum,” Mark interrupted, “but I am. And not just a little. I care so ing much.”


 

       “What-”


 

       “I got it. I’ll take care of this. I always know what to do, right?” And with that, Mark hung up. Honestly speaking, Mark didn’t really have a plan for this. He’s up against the ing government. There’s not a possible way to get out of this without pulling some hard strings.


 

       But all of Mark’s strings were unavailable at the moment.


 

       Exhausted from the lack of sleep, the agent leaned back against the couch of his hotel’s room, breathing calmly, trying to will himself to at least sleep for a bit. But the only thing that’s running his mind mad was that spoiled brat rotting in a ing cell. “,” Mark cursed, rubbing his face with his hands and ruffled his hair in frustration.


 

       Mark has always been smarter than this. But why couldn’t he think of something right now. In a couple of hours, they will begin interrogation, and it’ll probably just going to go down from there. According to the news, that checkbook that the N.P.O. received seemed so legit. Biting his bottom lip, Mark ran through thousands of ways that he could try. But none of them were legal enough.


 

       But then again. Didn’t Mark wanted Jinyoung behind bars in the first place?


 

       So isn’t this the perfect time?


 

       All the crazy s Jinyoung had done were awfully perfect reasons for him to be locked away forever, right?


 

       Doesn’t Park Jinyoung deserves this?


 

       So why-


 

       Before further thoughts could flow, Mark’s phone rang. “Hello,” Mark answered with a sigh.


 

       “Tuan-ssi,” the unfamiliar voice from the other end responded.


 

       “Yes,” Mark’s voice became cautious, “who is this?”


 

        “You may not know who I am, since we’ve never met before, but I know you,” the person said, in the most monotone voice, “my name is Kim Jaehwan. Our family has been serving the Parks for over four decades now. My time has come to take over my father’s job.”


 

       Mark raised an eyebrow, “you sound a bit too young to-”


 

       “I’m a prodigy. I’ve been training with assassins since I was six, so even though I’m young, my age won’t be able to stop what poses as threats to the Park family. And I’m aware you’ve known of Rose Corps, the Parks' own bodyguard company?”


 

       “Um, no, this is my first time hearing anything about it.”


 

       “Well, all of our Young Master’s guards came from Rose Corps. I am currently the Head Bodyguard, and I would like to recruit you.”


 

       “What-”


 

       “You’re in no position to reject. You’ll be part of Rose Corps, at least for the remaining time you’re here in Jeju. With you under an organization, it’ll be easier to monitor you, Tuan-ssi.”


 

       “...”


 

       “Anyways,” Jaehwan cleared his throat, clearly doing this for the first time. Anyone could hear the kid’s nervousness through his pretense of coolness. “I’m calling, first, for recruitment, and second, the Young Master ordered for you to come see him now.





 

+

+

+





 

        The temporary cell’s door creaked open as an officer stepped inside, “get your up and moving!”


 

        The prisoner picked up his head and glared, “you dare talk to me that way?”

 
 

        “You’re not in your little castle, your Majesty!” The officer scoffed arrogantly. “Now get up!”


 

        Without retorting, Jinyoung rolled his eyes and got up to his feet. The officer led him to an empty interrogation room. As soon as Jinyoung settled down, his wrists were cuffed again, causing him to groan in distaste, “afraid I’ll split your throat or some ?”


 

       The office just smirked and walked off, leaving Jinyoung alone. The Chairman cracked a smile, confidence graced his beautiful lips. He knew what they were doing. They’re leaving him in solitary, creating a suffocating atmosphere in order to draw out the anxiety. But they seemed to forgot what kind of agent is Park Jinyoung. An old trick like this would work on peasants. But never a King.


 

       Jinyoung estimated an hour he’s been locked up in here, yet he’s still relaxed and seemed awfully bored. He hasn’t open his mouth nor did he tries to free himself. Time only dragged on while Jinyoung remained patient. It’s impossible to win against the Chairman with only just tactics and lawful regulations.


 

       He’s a Beast. A monster. But he could control himself. He could control when to kill and when to not. When to act up and when to stay quiet.


 

       What he couldn’t control is how insane he’ll be when he actually decides to kill.


 

       Blood is blood.


 

       And Jinyoung is a bloodthirst Beast.


 

       He’s untamable.


 

       He’s wild, and no one could chain him down.


 

       “Seems like you somehow called your dog,” the detective who've caught the Chairman entered the room with a lopsided grin, “didn’t we said you’re not allowed to make calls, Park Jinyoung? Why won’t you listen?”


 

       Jinyoung smirked.


 

       The detective glared, “just you wait. We’ll see how long you’ll last in prison with those hungry animals dying to get a taste of you, Chairman Park.


 

       “I love how everyone’s overlooking his criminal records and settled to ualize him instead,” another presence appeared. “Why... Don’t tell me, even you can’t resist it either, Mister Detective,” the corners of Mark’s lips pulled up in a seductive yet dangerous smile.


 

       The detective’s face burned bright red as he shouted, “ off!”


 

       Mark closed the distance between them and grinded his demonic stare into the detective’s perplexed gaze, “no, why don’t you off.”


 

       “YOU-”


 

       “And make sure all the cameras and recorders are shut off. If I finds out that we’re being recorded, oh, believe me when I say that N.P.O. will burn to the ground.”


 

       “You can’t do that-”


 

       Mark sneered, “admit it, this nation only needs K.N.S.S. You N.P.O. people are trash. Even regular policemen does much better works.”  


 

       At the mention of a rival government organization, the detective’s jaw clenched tight, “you’re K.N.S.S.”


 

       “Wrong,” Mark smiled lightly, “I’m just a mere bodyguard under Rose Corps.


 

       The detective was fuming in anger but held it all in and exited the room, slamming the door behind him as he goes. And a few seconds later, the small beeping of the camera being turned off echoed throughout the room.


 

       Mark took the seat across from the awaited suspect.


 

       “Took you long enough,” Jinyoung sighed, “I was getting bored. Wondering when you would come.”


 

       Mark rolled his eyes and crossed his arms against his chest, “be grateful that I came. I could have chose to leave your in here if I wanted to.”


 

       “No,” Jinyoung smiled, lifting his back off the chair and leaned forwards, “you don’t have a choice, Mark. You know that.”


 

       The look Jinyoung has in his eyes was making Mark uncomfortable. How could someone be this arrogant while in handcuffs… Mark cleared his throat and averted his eyes, finding the dull walls more interesting, “what do you want?”


 

       Jinyoung frowned, already hating the lack of attention, “you’re in Rose Corps? Since when? Who the lets you in?” The young master tilted his head, expressing annoyance clearly on his face, eyes following the direction of his bodyguard's attention, only to scoff in judgement. “You find that ing wall more important than me?


 

       Mark pursed his lips and closed his eyes for a second before turning his eyes back on the demanding young master, “this kid, Kim Jaehwan, apparently, recruited me just before I knew you called for me. And yes, I do find that wall to be more important than you, sir. Now, excuse me while I continue to seduce it.” And Mark turned his attention back to the wall.


 

       Jinyoung squinted his eyes and bit his lips, suddenly feeling a bit angry, not because of Jaehwan randomly gaining admission to the person he hates most, but more because Mark was purposely trying to annoy the out of him. “I didn’t spent a ing night in that rathole for you to not look at me when we talk goddamnit!”


 

       “Oh,” the agent turned his head back, eyes faking confusion, “we’re talking? I thought you were just one-sided ing in my ears again.”


 

       “I ing hate you,” Jinyoung sighed.


 

       “Feeling’s mutual,” Mark shrugged, “hate you, too.”


 

       “Whatever,” the Chairman leaned back against the chair, “you know you’re here as a witness, right?”


 

       Mark nodded, “I know.”


 

       “Good,” Jinyoung grinned. The type of grin that sends chills down one’s spine. Sly. Cunning. Evil.


 

       The agent bit his lip and looked down at the table. Should he be doing this? Mark’s mind started to clustered in confusion again. It’s like every neurons jumbled messily within his brain. Is this what he wants? What does he wants? Mark arrived at the point where he, himself, was unsure of what he wants.


 

       He knew for a fact that, at first, he wants Park Jinyoung dead. Preferably be killed by him.

 

       

       But now, does he even wants this son-of-a- dead?

 

 

       Thinking more about it, Jinyoung isn’t really a bad person…

 

 

       No, no, no, he mustn't think that way!

 

 

       Jinyoung is still a ing monster no matter what.


 

       But…


 

       Park Jinyoung is Park Jinyoung.


 

       Chairman Park is Chairman Park.


 

       And those two are completely different people.


 

       But regardless, they’re both y and hard to please!


 

       What’s going on-


 

       “You done thinking to yourself yet?” Jinyoung’s voice pulled Mark back to reality. “Mind sharing?”


 

       Mark glared, “the only thing I’ll be sharing is my hatred for you and your ed up company and your ed up life.”


 

       Jinyoung’s eyes darkened. His face turned cold and devilish, like Lucifer has risen from the depths of Hell and possessed this broken vessel of an unguarded man. Mark didn’t want to lose. But Jinyoung’s stare was like thorns pricking at his heart. It’s dominating, whipping its victim into utter submission. Of course, the absolute power of Chairman Park. Mark continued his best to keep his composure. He’ll won’t back down just because of a ing deadly stare.


 

       “Enough with all this bull,” Chairman Park said, gaze still holding firmly with his bodyguard's, “I want you to do something for me. And you will do it. If not, I’ll start off by sending you pieces of your little brother.”


 

       “Jinyoung-” Mark’s eyes widened, “don’t you ing dare!”


 

       “I’ll send piece by piece. Every time you s up, a piece of him will come knocking at your doorsteps. What’s his name again? Ah, Joey, right?”


 

       “You ing touch a hair on his head, I’ll ing kill you,” Mark growled, balling his fists against the metal table.


 

       The Chairman just stared at an angry Mark Tuan with amused eyes, a vicious glint sparkling in his eyes, “after Joey, I wonder who’s next.”


 

       “Park Jinyoung!”


 

       “You still got your Mom and Dad.”


 

       With no hesitation or control on his rage, Mark reached over and grabbed a fistful of his sworn enemy’s shirt, “I’ll ing kill you.”


 

       They shared a long stare. Until the young master broke out into a cheerful smile, “stop joking! I’ll kill you before you could even touch me.”


 

       Mark harshly released Jinyoung’s shirt, however, his eyes still burning with hate and fury as he watched the young master doubled over in laughters. Mark took it all back. He couldn’t believe that, for a moment, he actually felt for Park Jinyoung. This kind of person, a person like Park Jinyoung, shouldn’t exist. The world would be so much better off without this toxic.


 

       “Why you’re still here?” Jinyoung quirked his eyebrow, “shouldn’t you hurry up and do what I’ve asked? I mean, I guess you could delay it a little… But poor Joey, suffering because of his stupid brother’s mistake.”


 

       Mark stood up, “you’ll regret this, Park Jinyoung.”


 

       Jinyoung casually replied, “I don’t know who’s going to regret it more, me or you?

 

 

       The last thing Mark heard before the doors close was Jinyoung’s obnoxious laughs, mocking and taunting the last resolve in him.





 

+

+

+





 

       No one told him to do this. No one told Mark to resort to this. Not even Jinyoung. But there were no other choices. It has to be this. Opening up the special metal carrier that Mark had brought along from the capital of the United States to Seoul, and now, from Seoul to Jeju Island, Mark’s hands were slightly shaking. After a few rounds of turning the lock, Mark took out a bulky, futuristic, deep red, laptop and laid it on the table of his hotel room. With a deep sigh, Mark opened it.


 

       The laptop automatically . Its chiming tune bounced off the walls of the room as the keyboard lit up in a bright red. As if just woken up from a long nap, the laptop roared, turning its gears to run the device at maximum speed. “Hello,” the automated woman voice greeted, “Captain of the Extreme Weaponry Elite Force, Mark Tuan, long time no see. How have you been?”


 

       Mark stared at the laptop. In a couple of seconds, he snapped out of it and replied, “hello, Sky.” The agent couldn’t believe he’s actually doing this. This device was specific made for one reason only. And only the very high and important positions within the Committee of the World Government could be in charge of such crucial invention of a smart laptop that does everything by voice commands. A laptop that is the key to everything. “I’ve been good. Thank you.”


 

       “Is that so,” Sky responded, robotic voice screeched freshly in Mark’s ears. “I was wondering if you have forgotten about me.”


 

       Mark smiled bitterly, “I hope you didn’t forget me.”


 

       “Of course not! I’m designed to work only for you, Captain Tuan. If someone else other than you tries to open me, I will be on my way to self-destruct. How may I help you today?”


 

       The agent bit his lip. It’s been a while. “What else could I be asking for? You’re made for only one purpose, Sky.”


 

       “You’re right,” Sky said, “preparation for admission… Preparation complete. Generating for access in one…”


 

       Mark took a deep breath.


 

       “... Two…”


 

       He closed his eyes.


 

       “... Three…”


 

       The red light on the keyboard shuts down for a sec. It lit up again, but this time in an alluring shade of sky blue. The screen went black and turned back up again, flashing a deep blue screen with multiple lines crossing in all different directions. The laptop roared loudly, pressing and pushing its own engine to keep up with the incredible speed and advance technological functions. After it done accessing, Sky’s voice piped up, “welcome to the World System, Captain Mark Tuan.”


 

       World System. The two words that’s powerful enough to make Mark regrets all of this. Will it even be worth it? Mark doesn’t know.


 

       “You are now accessed into the World System. Your name is Mark Tuan. Position of the Captain of the Extreme Weaponry Elite Force of the Secret Security’s Special Ops. An American agent who’s currently the leader of Operation Phoenix, which requires you to be here in South Korea. You’re also on another mission, giving by Major General Benedict Cumberbatch, to eliminate the world’s most powerful Chairman, Park Jinyoung. You are currently in Jeju Island and was recruited under Park Jinyoung’s bodyguard company, Rose Corps. Oh, and you’re also co-Vice Captain of Special Unit G of K.N.S.S. Am I missing anything so far?


 

       Mark groaned, “no, but please don’t-”


 

       “Anyways, marital status is single. Haven’t been dating since your Captain promotion. But have been sleeping around everywhere. Want me to list the names so you could see how much of a boy you are, Captain Tuan? Because this might takes a while-”


 

       “Sky,” Mark called, “enough.”


 

       “Just kidding!” Sky said with a cheer, although sounding monotone and robotic. “I’ve missed you. A little joke won’t hurt. Besides, this is what I am for, right? I literally knows everything about you, Captain Tuan. Isn’t that amazing!”  


 

       The agent just shook his head. The World System is a scary place. But being one of the few who could access it is even more scary. Though it’s not hard to hack into the system, a pro hacker with a phD in Computer Science and Coding like Mark could easily get in through a couple clicks, however, it is hard to try to retrieve special informations. But people who could access the entire system by authorized permission are open to everything without worrying of any risks.


 

       “Well, what do you want to see today? Something important?”


 

       “Yes,” Mark leaned forward, “give me everything you have on Park Jinyoung, the Chairman of Park Group.”


 

       “Park Jinyoung,” Sky repeated the name in her dull machinery voice. Within minutes, no, seconds, every single file of a certain young master pops up on the screen in layers after layers. “Park Jinyoung, Chairman of the Park Group, also known as the world’s leading economic power, and Vice Captain of Special Unit G of K.N.S.S., currently taking care of his entire empire alone. His parents resided in Paris just days after his adoptive cousin, Kris Wu, ran away from the Chairman position-”


 

       “Kris…?”


 

       “-Unable to lead the business at such a young age, Park Jinyoung had turned to walk down with the underground societies. In just a year, he risen and held dominance over the business world, of course, with the aid of his illegal tradings and mafia contracts, basically, everything that a mafia boss would do. Not only did he became the Chairman on the surface, the underground world respects him as he’s the Boss of over one hundred organizations and drug cartels. He’s also in charge of an estimate of twenty ion and slave warehouses. To add on, his hands had killed so many people, including women, children, elders, and many other innocents. He’s also behind some of the massive arsons and massacres of the underground societies-”


 

       Mark balled his fists as anger blurred his vision, “what a ing monster.”


 

       “-Park Jinyoung have committed a landfill of crimes, however, the power he wields as the world’s Chairman protects him from being interrogated or brought down, not until very recently, the alleged checkbook of his illegal transactions had been held by the Nation Police Organization. And now, Park Jinyoung is currently a suspect.”


 

       The more Mark listens, the more angry he gets. “How could such a person exists?! Is he even human?! With that face… With that ing face, he… He…” Mark scoffed, trying to soaked in the informations. But he couldn’t.


 

       “Here’s all the evidences,” Sky displayed tabs and tabs of evidences of all the s Jinyoung had done.


 

       It was breathtaking. Mark was breathless. He’s looking at it. On the screen showed pictures of people and houses on fire and some tabs even played camera videos of Jinyoung directly shooting people heartlessly. One of them played a woman and her child. Mark’s heart clenched. And he watched as Jinyoung ordered his men to slash the mother and child. More horrors started to play and more records started to pop up. Mark felt like throwing up.


 

       “H-how many…” For the first time, Mark felt truly scared. “How many did he… Did he killed…?”


 

       “Five hundred and twenty-eight,” Sky quickly answered without missing a beat. “That’s not counting the people he killed when he’s an agent.”


 

       “, five hundred twenty-eight…? What the …” Words got stuck at the agent’s throat as he tried to process the large number. “He should be in jail! He should be locked up for the rest of his ing life! How c-could he… H-how?


 

       Mark slumped against the couch, mind hazy and eyes dulled. He’s tired. Too tired. He regretted doing in this in the first place. He knew how horrible Jinyoung was, but this… This is ridiculous.


 

       “Would you like to see or hear more-”


 

       “No.”


 

       “Okay, then what would you like to do with all these informations? You’re the first person to access this file, by the way.”


 

       “Delete it,” Mark commanded, “delete… Delete everything that involves Park Jinyoung.” His head screamed. What the was he doing? This is a federal crime! And why is he defending that Beast? Why is he doing this?


 

       “Captain Tuan, I believe I’m not hearing you correctly,” Sky said after a pause, “did you said-”


 

       “I said delete everything that mentions Park Jinyoung,” what scared Mark was how calm his voice was.


 

       “Sir, are you sure-”


 

       “What did I said, Sky?! ing delete it all!” Mark yelled at his laptop.


 

       “...”


 

       “Do it. Delete it.”


 

       “Captain Tuan, why are you doing this?” Sky asked.


 

       Mark grabbed his head in agony, “why else?! I’m trying to protect my family-”


 

       “No, you’re not.”


 

       “Wha-what? What do you mean I’m not?! He has my entire family watched. A lift of his finger and their heads will be send to my doorsteps! I have to! I have to do this-”


 

       “You’re not doing this to protect your family, Captain Tuan. You’re doing this to protect yourself,” the laptop stated as if it’s an obvious fact.


 

       Mark stared in disbelief, “what are you saying-”


 

       “You’re acting selfish now. You know that Park Jinyoung is the only one who could protect you, right?”


 

       “I-”


 

       “You say you’re doing this to protect your family, but are you? Or are you doing this because the Young Master got attached?


 

       “What the are you-”


 

       “You know Park Jinyoung is attached to you, right?”


 

       Mark sighed, “Sky, please, now is not the time-”


 

       “You’re a very smart person, Captain Tuan. You know everything, so it’s not hard for you to notice how attached Park Jinyoung is to you. He might not know it himself, but he’s definitely caught up in your little game, if you know what I mean.”


 

       “What nonsense are you…”


 

       “You’ve been winning since the beginning, Mark Tuan. And you know you could control him if you do it right. You know all of this, Mark.”


 

       Mark just stared, shocked that he’s listening to the actual truths from a ing machine. But he shook his head, denying it, “no, no, no, it’s not like that… I… Jinyoung and I… We hate each other, and that’s it. Nothing more. We’re… We’re impossible.


 

       “Then kill him.”


 

       “What?” Mark immediately jerked his head up, eyes glaring at the screen.


 

       “If you hate him, then there shouldn’t be a problem to just kill him. Or use all these informations and expose him. Make him drown.”


 

       “I can’t do that! He’ll ing-”


 

       “Don’t make this towards your family, Mark, because let’s admit it, it’s not about them. It’s about you and what you want.”


 

       “No, it’s not!”


 

       “You’ve seen something nobody else has,” Sky pointed out, her robotic voice pierced through Mark as she keeps hitting the same spot over and over again.


 

       “I-” Memories of a sweaty, teary eyes, young master on the bed, clutching onto his soaked white dress shirt while mumbling apologies and looked like he’s in electrifying pain of who he is flashed before Mark’s eyes. And all he could think of was how broken Jinyoung had looked. How much suffering Jinyoung was going through. How much regrets filled those glassy eyes. How much Jinyoung desperately wanted to scream for help but couldn’t.


 

       “And what you’ve seen had made up your mind, didn’t it? You won’t think about it, but unconsciously, your heart melted. I understands you’re a kind person, but this is different. You know it yourself, too.”


 

       Mark swallowed, biting down his bottom lip as it bled a little, hands shaking and mind mushed up in a wild ride far from home. “Delete it.”


 

       A silence settled as if Sky was giving Mark a second chance. But the agent was set on his decision. Like he always has.


 

       The sound of air being brutally hammered filled the room as Sky picked her speed. A few seconds later, small beeping noises resonated from the laptop. “Files…” Sky spoke up, “officially erased.”


 

       “Thank you,” Mark said as he hung his head low, exhaustion took over his body like a merciless storm.

 

 

       “Have a good night, Captain Tuan,” Sky bidded, and she automatically shuts off, leaving the screen blank and keyboards unlit and dull.


 

       Mark cracked a tired smile, “you’re mad at me now?”


 

       But no response, only the darkness of the black screen stared back at him like a curse. Mark reached over and shuts the laptop. He sat still for a while, feeling his energy being drained even though he isn’t doing anything. Time ticked by. Life still goes on.


 

       Mark buried his face into his palms, “. , , ,” he cursed as his suppressed emotions forcibly broke through his ice barrier, block by block. Slowly yet efficiently. “I can’t… I’m stronger than this.”


 

       No matter what, he will stay winning until the end.