r a n c o r

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Some announcements before y'all carry on...

The Tuesday updates have been officially moved to Wednesday due to some overlap with my personal schedule and the update schedule. I hope everyone could understand and not be upset with me...

So the update days are now WEDNESDAY and SATURDAY (CST)~

Anyways, off y'all go now~ ENJOY AND LEAVE FEEDBACKS~

ALSO THE MOMENT WE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS NEXT CHAPTER Y'ALL *SCREAMS AND PASSES OUT*

###

 

 

 

 

 

    “Okay, thank you,” Captain Im nodded, giving the paramedics a strained smile. Nobody needed to know how ty he’s feeling at the moment. 

 

 

    When the paramedics gathered their things to move on to the next couple agents who were injured, Jaebum turned and found himself facing his best friend. His first reaction was to give Mark a warm hug. Understanding that Mark's probably quite upset, Jaebum was still glad that his best friend hugged him back. At his very moment, Jaebum really needed the hug. So many of his agents were injured, and it was all on him. 

 

 

    “Should have just let me go alone, huh,” Mark chuckled, patting Jaebum’s back. 

 

 

    “I’m sorry. I was careless…”

 

 

    “Hey, it’s okay. At least no one died.” 

 

 

    “Some almost did.” 

 

 

    Pulling away from his best friend, Mark offered a sympathetic smile. “Don’t blame yourself for this. Blame those ing bastards for ing everyone over. We should have been more prepared.” 

 

 

    “You know, I would never have let you go alone,” Jaebum swallowed down the lump stuck at his throat. 

 

 

    Mark laughed, “yeah, you’d let everyone suffers with me.” 

 

 

    “I’m really sorry…” 

 

 

    “You don’t need to apologize to me, I understands. Save your apologies for the rest of your team. Just next time, don’t put my safety before others. I’m only one person.” With another squeeze of Jaebum’s shoulder, Mark nodded and walked away, letting Jaebum to go be a Captain. But also, Mark spotted someone important. 

 

 

    After what had happened about half an hour ago, Mark didn’t think he’ll be heading this way. He was going to give it a bit of time to let it all sunk in, but the temptation was too strong. Besides, there’s already a confession, so why not. It’s not like it was forced. The situation called for it. And Mark’s pretty damn sure Jinyoung didn’t hate it. Not entirely anyways. Jinyoung was unconscious the whole time, so does it really matter? 

 

 

    Whatever the case, Mark knew he just wanted to kiss Jinyoung again. 

 

 

    And Jinyoung’s sitting at the back of the ambulance curled up inside the warmth of a huge blanket was too damn cute. 

 

 

    “Hey, shouldn’t you be heading to the hospital?” Mark asked as soon as he got close enough. 

 

 

    Jinyoung sort of flinched but didn’t look up at Mark. “Um….” He kept his eyes to the ground, finding interest in the concrete all of a sudden. “I’m waiting for Youngjae…” 

 

 

    “You have to go right away, though. That medicine could only keep you for a couple of hours.” 

 

 

    The younger’s face burned bright red at the mention of the medicine for reasons. “I-I’m fine. I c-can wait here for-for a bit.” 

 

 

    “Okay then,” Mark didn’t push it, knowing Jinyoung was tired. Instead, Mark casually sat down next to Jinyoung, who scooted away a little. 

 

 

    They sat in silence for a while. At some point, Mark thought he’ll freeze over in this nasty winter winds. Jinyoung noticed and offered the blanket shyly, still not making any eyes-contact. Without hesitation, because he’s been waiting for Jinyoung to share the ing blanket, Mark slipped inside and huddled against Jinyoung. Now, they’re both warm and safe wrapped by the blanket. But most of the heat came from body heat. Mark found no shame in pulling Jinyoung closer by the younger's waist. The action surprised Jinyoung, but he didn’t protest. Just blushed harder and did his best to avoid Mark’s gaze. What’s the point of trying to struggle anyways? He was already half sitting on Mark’s lap. And they already kissed with tongue, so what’s the deal with a bit of touching and cuddling?

 

 

    “I hope you didn’t forget your promise,” Mark broke the comfortable silence. 

 

 

    Jinyoung didn’t say anything until Mark lightly nudged him. “I-I-I did-didn’t!” His face burned. His whole entire body burned. And the fact that's Mark softly massaging his arm right now wasn’t really helping either. Why is Mark so ing sweet?! Too many things were happening all at once. Jinyoung couldn’t focus. 

 

 

    “Good,” Mark smiled cutely, “then go out for dinner with me tomorrow night.” 

 

 

    “WHAT?!” That got Jinyoung doing a double take. He turned his head so fast to stare wide-eyed at Mark that he almost had a whiplash. But the moment his eyes met with Mark’s, his heart stopped beating. How can someone look so damn fine after a life-death situation?!

 

 

    “Finally looking at me?” 

 

 

    Blinking, Jinyoung cleared his throat and looked away. 

 

 

    “Dinner?” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “In case if you’re questioning your whole existence, having dinner with each other is a thing people do in a relationship.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Well, I just wanted us to have a chance to get to know each other better over some high-class steak and red wine, you know?” 

 

 

    “I only drink wine when I’m sad…”

 

 

    Mark rolled his eyes, “you didn’t say anything. Didn’t even deny the fact that I referred to us as being in a relationship. Didn’t even respond to my official asking-you-out. Yet you responded to wine? How typical.” 

 

 

    “By-by relationship… You could have mean the co-worker relationship-"

 

 

    “Which I didn’t.”

 

 

    “-and shouldn’t you take my silence as an answer?” 

 

 

    “You’re a ing brat.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung bit his lip to suppress a grin. “I guess I’ll go have dinner with you.” 

 

 

    “As a date.”

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Not as co-workers.” 

 

 

    “…” 

 

 

    “I just want to make sure we’re on the same page.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Jinyoung?” 

 

 

    “I don’t think co-workers kiss each other, so why are you so pressed…” Jinyoung mumbled under his breath. 

 

 

    “I don’t know that,” Mark shrugged, “Korean men have a thing for skinship with their close friends. So I wouldn’t know how many of your co-workers you’ve kissed, and it’ll just be a normal bro thing.”  

 

 

    Groaning, Jinyoung found himself losing this battle even though he thought he was winning. He was doing so fine sassing Mark. Looks like Mark snatched back the crown. “You’re ridiculous. You think anyone would kiss me?” He turned to face Mark, trying to convey the message. Jinyoung knew Mark could read between the lines. He also knew that Mark’s having so much fun teasing him right now. 

 

 

    “I did.” 

 

 

    “That didn’t count! I was unconscious. More like you took advantage of me.” 

 

 

    “You kissed back, so I don’t know what you’re talking about.” 

 

 

    “I-" 

 

 

    “If you keep arguing, I’ll really kiss you to shut you up.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung closed his mouth, not willing to risk it. It didn’t matter anyways. Because Mark went ahead and pecked Jinyoung’s pouty lips. Gasping and covering his mouth, Jinyoung stared at Mark. “I was quiet!” 

 

 

    “Your point?” 

 

 

    “That’s not fair! You said… Mark!” 

 

 

    “Grow up, Jinyoung. The world doesn’t revolve around you.” 

 

 

    Pouting, Jinyoung crossed his arms against his chest. “You’re wrong. It does.” 

 

 

    “It revolves around Chairman Park,” Mark smiled warmly, “not you, Park Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    “…” 

 

 

    “Don’t be too upset, though. Because my world revolves around you.” 

 

 

    And Jinyoung thought his face couldn’t get any redder. “What are you talking about…” 

 

 

    “Dinner with me, and I’ll let you know what I’m talking about,” Mark whispered in Jinyoung’s ear. A bit too softy. A bit too bold. A bit too triggering. When he leaned away, he laughed out loud. “Oh, God, you really need to see your face right now!” 

 

 

    “I ing hate you!” 

 

 

    “Awe~ We both know that’s not true~” 

 

 

    “Mark Tuan!” 

 

 

    “So dinner?” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Normally, during this time, Youngjae would be in the hospital running a couple of errands for his seniors, but thank goodness for days-off. Pushing through the doors of the K.N.S.S. building, Youngjae carefully entered with bags in his hands. The receptionist looked up with a bright smile. 

 

 

    “Youngjae!” Seungri greeted, “I haven’t seen you in a long time, buddy!” 

 

 

    “Sorry. Been busy with training lately,” Youngjae replied with his signature bright smile, “is Jinyoung in?” 

 

 

    Seungri looked down to type in something for a second. When he looked up again, his lips stretched into a wide smile, “of course! Wasn’t he at the hospital this morning, though?” 

 

 

    “Yeah, he was. But I’m still worried, so I brought some things for him.”

 

 

    “Do you want to meet him, or you’re just dropping off.” 

 

 

    “Well, if he’s in, then if you don’t mind.” 

 

 

    Nodding, Seungri returned back to typing something. About three seconds later, he looked up again and smiled. “All righty. I’ve let Vice Captain Park know. But you only have an hour. I’m sorry, they’re doing some kind of meeting today over yesterday’s mission. Visitors aren’t allowed for longer than an hour.” 

 

 

    “No problem.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “You’re here? Didn’t we just saw each other?” Jinyoung lifted an eyebrow as soon as he saw his best friend walking down the halls. “What’s that?” He pointed to the bags. 

 

 

    Lifting the left bag, Youngjae said, “this is extra pills and IV bags just in case.” Lifting the right bag, which was a lot bigger than the left one, Youngjae’s face lit up in excitement, “and this is just food! A lot of them! The meds you’re on will deprive you quickly off your body nutrients, So eat lots! I expect you to anyways. I didn’t drive all over Seoul to gather all your favorites for nothing.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung smiled and took the bags from Youngjae, “thank you. You really didn’t have to do all this, but I’m not surprised.” 

 

 

    “You should be grateful that you even have someone like me. Name another person who’s as caring as I am.”

 

 

    “You’re a doctor, Youngjae-ah. You care for everyone.” 

 

 

    “. You right.” 

 

 

    “Well, if you don’t have anything else-"

 

 

    “Oh, sorry, were you busy with Mark-hyung?”

 

 

    “Wha-what? I wa-"

 

 

    “I guess I’ll take my leave so you two could get back to whatever is it that you two were doing. I don’t know what, but also, I don’t want to know.”

 

 

    Jinyoung cleared his throat and ran his hand through his hair, “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I haven’t seen him all day.” 

 

 

    “Oh. Where did he go?” 

 

 

    “How would I know?! I’m not his mom!” 

 

 

    “Hmmmm.”

 

 

    “What’s that supposed to mean?!” 

 

 

    Youngjae shrugged, face still looking a bit smug, “nothing. Don’t worry about it. I’m just happy that you two worked out. Like really happy! I knew you’ll pull through! I’m glad you can finally relax. Plus, you’re in good hands. Mark-hyung’s going to take care of you so well~” 

 

 

    “Right…” Jinyoung avoided Youngjae’s stare to hide a little smile. 

 

 

    “I saw that.”

 

 

    “Oh.”

 

 

    “Yep.”

 

 

    “So Youngjae…”

 

 

    ‘“What’s up?” 

 

 

    “Are you free tonight?”

 

 

    “Yeah… Suzy got something she has to do, so dinner’s cancelled. But what do you need?” 

 

 

    “Come over?” 

 

 

    Shaking his head, Youngjae waved his hands back and forth, “nope. If it’s another one your lame- plans-"

 

 

    “Just come over! I need help…”

 

 

    “What could you possibly be needing help with?”

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    The meeting dragged on a lot longer than anyone had expected. Way too long. And unnecessary. Everything could have been typed in a neat report. But of course, the higher-ups decided to go ahead and arrange one, because they felt the need to take this failed mission more seriously. A load of bull. Everybody knew they were using Unit G as a scapegoat. Just because the Unit G’s Chief Commander was the youngest Chief Commander, they all thought it’ll be easy to just dump everything on him. What they didn’t know was how hard of fighter JYP was. 

 

 

    In other words, the meeting summed into a three-hour session of arguments being thrown at one another. It was a mess. Every agent presented in the room had thought the Elders were going to band together and get him fired. Jaebum had to step in to calm down his Chief Commander, because the old men looked pissed off at all the facts the youngest Chief Commander was spewing. Anyways, the meeting ended with no penalty towards the unit for the -up. Though, Jaebum did receive a separate punishment from the Chief Commander himself. And as a team, they will have to prepare for another raid. 

 

 

    “Ugh,” Jinyoung threw himself on his chair and did a spin. “I hate this.” 

 

 

    “You all got it bad,” Mark also took a seat behind his own desk and sighed. “And what’s the point of paperworks, when everything’s just been said in the meeting? This is dumb.” 

 

 

    “They hate us.”

 

 

    “Is this how Koreans work?” 

 

 

    “Not really. The higher-ups like to with us ‘cause JYP’s the youngest and Unit G is a pretty new unit.” 

 

 

    “You were transferred here, right? Both Jaebum and you?” 

 

 

    At this, Jinyoung just laughed, “yeah. I remembered thinking I’ve landed a huge promotion, but I only got promoted because they needed a Vice Captain for this new unit. They would have never let me go higher. I already have too much. They were keeping me in check, I guess. But since they made a new unit in JYP’s Sector to piss him off, they might as well throw Jaebum and I in the mix. They just didn’t realize how good we are. So they basically ed up, but they can’t pull out now because it’ll looks suspicious.” 

 

 

    “You two are doing good, though. The amount of works this unit had done over the past months or so surpassed other units in the Sector,” Mark smiled encouragingly at Jinyoung. 

 

 

    Getting a little shy at the compliment, Jinyoung pretended to do some work on his blank piece of paper, “I mean, I guess… At least JYP don’t hate us as much anymore. He actually appreciates all the works we’ve done. Which is a good feeling. He used to look at us with so much disgust, even though his favorite Im Jaebum was the Captain.” 

 

 

    “You and Jaebum are cute~” 

 

 

    “What…” 

 

 

    “I meant you two always coming at each other’s throats, but Jinyoung, you followed Jaebum all the way to a whole new unit. You gave up everything you’ve done in your old unit, because you knew that you could only work with Jaebum and no one else. Jaebum is the perfect partner. You won’t settle for more or less. You just want Jaebum. And I think that’s cute~ You’re super loyal at least.”

 

 

    “He’s an , but he’s a great leader and very professional with everything he does. I respects that.” 

 

 

    “Well, in this line of work, it’s good to earn everyone’s respect. Like you said, he’s an , but Jaebum gets s done when they’re supposed to be done. You hate him personally, but professionally, you like him.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung dared to look up from his blank paper. He got a bit flustered to find Mark’s already looking at him throughout this entire conversation. “Jaebum has his own good aspects. If he doesn’t, you wouldn’t still be friends with him.” 

 

 

    Mark likes it. He likes the fact that Jinyoung’s not entirely a rich, spoiled brat. Sure this young master showed a lot that he’s superior, but at the same time, he’s loyal and somewhat mature. He’s impulsive but in a good way. He’s dedicated and hardworking at everything that’s put in front of him. Be it his own company or missions, Jinyoung works with meticulous dedication. He doesn’t let his personal feelings get in the way of anything. And Mark likes that. Maybe Mark could let all that sass and brattiness slide. Just because Jinyoung’s work ethnic is flawless. 

 

 

    “I like this,” Mark said. 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “We should talk like this more. It lets me know who you are exactly.” 

 

 

    “We’ve spent all that time on Jeju together, and you still don’t know who I am?” 

 

 

    “That was Chairman Park, though. There’s barely any you on that island. If you ask me what’s the Chairman’s favorite ice cream flavor or his favorite choice of weapons to torture are, then I can give you a ten-page essay with details on what he prefers. But if you ask me something about yourself, if you ask me what’s your favorite color is, or where’s the place you always go to whenever you need to relax, or what types of movies you like, or how you were like when you were younger, or do you still sleep with your little teddy bear, or how many girlfriends or boyfriends you had, or are you still a , or how do you like your man to be like… Then I can’t answer, because I don’t know any of this."

 

 

    Effortlessly, Jinyoung caught the bait just like that. “I like black… Well, there’s a lot of colors I also like, but I think black fits me. Or dark gray. Whichever one works. I usually just stay home. I mean it’s not like I don’t know places, I do. But the comfort of my house gives me the best peace. I don’t really watch movies… I prefers dramas or television series, because those are long... But I do watches a lot of horror when I’m upset or angry or whatever along those line. So does that count as a favorite movie genre? I don’t know. I was the typical rich kid who would go out everyday just to spend my parents’ money. You know, just to piss them off so they could give me some attention. But they never really cared. Whatever. Anyways, I never had a teddy bear, so no, I don’t sleep with stuffed animals. I actually was never in an actual serious relationships. They were all just buddies mostly, but the girls always thought we were dating or something. Not really sure. And I didn’t really care. I’ve slept with women, so I’m not a . But I haven’t had in like two years, I think? Things been busy for me. And… I’ve never looked at a man in that way before, so I’m not sure how I would prefer him to be… But I… I, um… I like… L-like y-you…” On cue, Jinyoung’s cheeks burned up right after those last words. 

 

 

    It’s funny. And cute. Because Mark would have never thought Jinyoung would already be this easy. Mark didn’t believe it when people said he has natural charms that could get people to drop on their knees in front of him. He also didn’t believe it whenever Jaebum called him a natural seducer. But Mark thought maybe having those qualities weren’t bad. Though, Mark thought Jinyoung fits that title way more than him. There’s no way a person could look so damn good just sitting there talking about himself. Jinyoung got Mark all wrapped around his finger by words alone. The whole time Jinyoung was talking, Mark just stared, soaking in the beauty that radiance from such an interesting person. So when will Jinyoung’s going to be his husband? Mark just wanted to know. 

 

 

    Smiling, Mark removed his suit jacket, “get back to work, Jinyoung-ah. We have a lot to do.” 

 

 

    “O-okay…” Jinyoung nodded, quickly grabbing a nearby pen to avoid the budding awkwardness that’s about to settle in. He’s still embarrassed that he just said he likes someone like Mark. How worse can this day get… 

 

 

    At least for now, they busied themselves with the paperworks they had to do. Their work doubled, since they led the team. The next two hours were just scribbling of pens on papers and tapping of fingers flying across keyboards. Jinyoung thought his hands were going to detach from the rest of his body from all the writing and typing. Deciding to take a little break, Jinyoung leaned back against his chair and stared at the ceiling. After a couple minutes, he dropped his head and sighed quietly. He just wants to go home. Is that so hard to ask? Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung cursed those old men for stepping all over the unit like this. Hilarious. Because with a snap of his fingers, Jinyoung could take away everything they ever loved. 

 

 

    He won’t do it, though. 

 

 

    Seoul and Jeju are two different places. 

 

 

    Glancing over at his co-Vice, Jinyoung was just a bit curious. They shared the same office room, so it’s only natural. Their desks were exposed to each other anyways. His first intention was to see how much Mark got done. But he ended up staring at the way Mark’s hair seemed to stick all over the place from the excessive amount of him running his hands through it. Or at the way Mark’s eyebrows knitted together when he’s so engrossed in his work. Or at the way Mark’s lips so perfectly shaped, because who has heart-shaped lips, seriously? Or at the way Mark’s face could draw people in just by looking. Can a man be looking this beautiful? It didn’t make any sense to Jinyoung. But he didn’t stop appreciating art. Let’s not even start on the jaw, neck, collarbones that’s peeking from the few ed buttons. And the rolled up sleeves to display veiny arms that’s capable of wrecking a lot of things. What is this? Hell? 

 

 

    Jinyoung looked back down at his papers, clearing his throat and trying to bathe his thoughts in holy water. But his eyes were betraying him. He kept stealing little glances here and there. For some reason, Jinyoung couldn’t focus. Mark was doing a great job distracting him by just simply picking up a pen. Jinyoung started getting anxious and fidgety in his seat. He looked at the clock on the wall, and his nerves began to pluck at his heartstrings. Their date was in about three more hours. 

 

 

    Mark got up and grabbed his suit jacket. Putting the jacket on, he smirked, knowing Jinyoung was checking him out for the past thirty minutes or so. He thought it was cute how Jinyoung tried so hard to not make it obvious. “I’m done. I’ll be leaving now.” 

 

 

    “What? How…” Jinyoung stood up, confused and feeling his anxiety acting up. 

 

 

    “Well, you better hurry if you want enough time to get ready,” Mark winked, making his way to the doors. 

 

 

    “Rea-ready?” 

 

 

    “I’ll come pick you up at eight.”

 

 

    “Wait!” But Mark had already left. “Whe-where are we eating at…” Jinyoung wanted to ask. Sighing, he slumped down in his chair. How was he supposed to dress for the date if he doesn’t know how formal it’s going to be? 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “Can’t believe you asked me to come over just to do this,” Youngjae rolled his eyes, glaring at the pile of clothes on Jinyoung’s bed. All the dull colors started to burn Youngjae’s eyes. “And do you have a single happy color in your closet?”

 

 

    Jinyoung walked out with a light gray button-up and held it to his torso, “does this looks better than the other one?” 

 

 

    “They’re literally the same ing color!” 

 

 

    “No. This one is lighter.”

 

 

    Youngjae groaned, “do you have light pink? I think that’s the best color. All these different shades of black and gray make me want to kill myself.” 

 

 

    “Let me check,” and Jinyoung disappeared into his enormous walk-in closet again for the hundredth time in the span of fifteen minutes. He came out about five minutes later with a white button-up. “This is the only light color I have.” 

 

 

    “You’re so boring!” 

 

 

    “Excuse me for being an agent on the left and a Chairman on the right. I don’t have time to go buy casual clothes!” Jinyoung threw the shirt on the pile, “what if we’re going somewhere pretty chill, and I shows up in a ing suit? What if we’re just eating burgers at the restaurant across the street? What if- Oh, my God. But then there’s also the possibility that we’re eating at a high-class restaurant like Mark said. Youngjae! He said he wants us to get to know each other better over some steak and wine! So are we going to eat steak and drink wine? That means it’s formal, right? So I won’t look like an idiot in a suit, right?” 

 

 

    “Ji-"

 

 

    “But WHAT IF it’s NOT a ing high-class restaurant?! Why didn’t he tell me where we’re going?! I’M STRESSED OUT. YOUNGJAE. KILL. ME. PLEASE.” Jinyoung pulled at his hair in frustration. “I’m going to make a fool out of myself. Youngjae, I have a gun under my bed. Please, end this before it happens!” 

 

 

    “JINYOUNG!”

 

 

    “WHAT?!”

 

 

    “CALM. DOWN.” 

 

 

    “I CAN’T! MARK’S COMING IN AN HOUR, AND I HAVEN’T DECIDE WHAT TO WEAR! ! DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MY HAIR! YOUNGJAE! I NEED TO DO MY HAIR!” 

 

 

    Facepalmed, Youngjae sighed, “why didn’t you tell me earlier, so I could at least contribute. I have so much colors that would look so great on you. And they’re all casual-looking shirts, unlike your boring button-ups.”  

 

 

    “I didn’t know I would be this stressed out over what to wear!” Jinyoung dropped to his knees with a heavy exhale, “I’m so ed. Mark’s going to be so weirded out. He’s going to hate me. This date is ruin because I can’t dress right.” 

 

 

    “Okay. You’re overreacting now.” 

 

 

    “I’m trying my best here!” The young master pulled himself up to his feet and crossed his arms against his chest like a demanding child. “Can’t ing believe I’m so ing worked up about looking good for a man. This is ridiculous.” 

 

 

    “Just proves how much you’re serious about him, Jinyoung-ah~” 

 

 

    “And also proves how boring of a person I am. Damn, I need to go shopping.” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung, the last time you went shopping, you bought the whole damn store. And then you never even wore the clothes you’ve bought! You ended up throwing them out. I don’t think you need to go shopping. What you need is to wear all those clothes you’ve bought! At least once for ’s sake. Even I feel bad for those poor unused clothes.” 

 

 

    “Not the point,” Jinyoung walked back in his closet again. After some good ten minutes, he came out wearing a baby blue button-up and black jeans. “This is the best I could do at casual… How do I look?” 

 

 

    Youngjae’s jaw dropped to the floor. “HOLY . YOU HAVE JEANS? SINCE WHEN?!” 

 

 

    “Youngjae! Focus! How do I look?” Snapping his fingers, Jinyoung felt embarrassed at the tightness of the jeans. 

 

 

    “Well, you look edible,” the trainee doctor wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. “Are you trying to accomplish something tonight?”

 

 

    Cheeks red and hands clammy, Jinyoung immediately shook his head, “n-no! Youngjae! I’m serious!” 

 

 

    “Okay, okay, okay, you look great! The vibe’s like ‘I’m a diligent office worker but my boss bends me over the desk sometimes’ you know-"

    

 

    “YOUNGJAE!”

 

 

    “YOU LOOK GREAT! THERE. HAPPY?”

 

 

    “Okay, but are you sure? You know, should I go for a suit instead?” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung, Mark-hyung sees you in a suit on a daily basis. I’m sure he’ll appreciates it if you actually change for once. And what you have on right works with anything. It’s semi-casual. That’s not too bad. You could go eat steak or burgers with that. Or drop by Mark-hyung’s place, and he could eat you-"

 

 

    “All right. This outfit it is!” Jinyoung’s eyes shone in relief of finally finding an appropriate outfit. He quickly his heels and vanished into the bathroom. The clock’s ticking. He can’t waste a single second. After what felt like a year, but actually was just three minutes, Jinyoung shouted, “YOUNGJAE!” 

 

 

    Youngjae sighed and planted his face into the pile of clothes on his best friend’s bed, “what is it now.” 

 

 

    “Should I style my hair or not?” 

 

 

    “From what I’ve seen, your styled hair screams ‘your daughter and son calls me daddy’ and your natural hair gives that ‘can I call you daddy’ vibe. So I don’t know. Is Mark-hyung a top or a bottom? What are you trying to sell yourself as? A sugar daddy or a cute baby boy?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung poked his head out from the bathroom doorway and looked at Youngjae judgmentally. “Are you okay? Why is everything has to be ual? Are you and Suzy not ing these days or some ?” 

 

 

    Youngjae shrugged, “well, I guess? We haven’t had in a month.”

 

 

    “Ah… That explains it,” Jinyoung offered a sympathetic smile, “it’s okay. I haven’t in two years.” 

 

 

    “You’re about to tonight, though~”

 

 

    “No! That’s not it! It’s only a date!” 

 

 

    “Uh-huh.”

 

 

    “Ugh, but anyways, is there a style that screams ‘you can me but I have to be riding you’?” 

 

 

    “Oh, my God, Jinyoung…”

 

 

    Laughing, Jinyoung shook his head, “I’m just kidding. You looked so bumped out. Thought I’ll play along with your little fantasy.” 

 

 

    “Damn, you wild, hyung.” 

 

 

    “No, I am not.” 

 

 

    “Whatever,” Youngjae removed himself off the bed and walked over to the bathroom to check his best friend’s process. “I think you should just leave it down. You look a lot more, how should I put this, um… More honest?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung stared at his reflection for a bit. Up until now, he doesn’t understand what Mark saw in him. “Hmm. Honest. I like that.” 

 

 

    “Yes-"

 

 

    “YOUNG MASTER!” The Head Maid burst through the doors, “I’M SORRY FOR INTRUDING BUT MARK-NIM IS HERE!” 

 

 

    Both Youngjae and Jinyoung turned their heads, “WHAT?!”

 

 

    Jinyoung panicked, “he said eight! It’s only…” He looked at his phone’s screen, “SEVEN FIFTY-TWO! WHY IS HE HERE SO DAMN EARLY?” Taking one last look of himself in the mirror, Jinyoung could feel his heart leaping out of his chest. He hurried to spray some cologne and rushed out of his room after getting a enthusiastic “good luck” from Youngjae. In seconds, Jinyoung was already downstairs. 

 

 

    “Hey,” Mark greeted, smiling so wide that his canines attractively showcased. “You look amazing!” He complimented, eyes scanning his date’s entire body from head to toe. 

 

 

    The first thing that flashed in Jinyoung’s mind was how ed up he is now. Yes, Mark looked so ing hot. But… Jinyoung’s anxiety dreaded on. He stared at Mark, who had on a simple long-sleeve black tee with some jeans. The only extra thing Mark had on was the dog tag chain around his neck. And his styled hair. Otherwise, Mark looked like he’s just going to grab a quick bite around the corner. Jinyoung wanted to crawl in a hole and die. 

 

 

    “Jinyoung? Hey, Jinyoung. You good?” Waving his hand in front of a frozen Jinyoung, Mark started to get worried. “Come on. Let’s go.” 

 

 

    “Huh?” Jinyoung snapped out of it when Mark puts on his coat. “O-oh. Yeah, um, let’s go…” The young master turned towards the Head Maid, who’s already have his jacket in her hands. She handed to him with a bright smile and mouthed a little “have fun” before her smile twisted into a teasing grin. 

 

 

    Following Mark out, Jinyoung felt so nervous for the first time in his life. His feelings all jumbled up in a mess, and he’s freaking out. Jinyoung doesn’t go on dates. And it’s also been a long time since he’s out alone with anyone who’s not Youngjae. This was all too new for him. “Where are we going?” Jinyoung asked as soon as he got his seatbelt on. 

 

 

    Mark looked over and chuckled at Jinyoung’s pale face. “Don’t worry. You're dressed fine for the place. I’m the one underdressed. I don’t have anything else except this and my uniform. Thought you wouldn’t want me to show up in my uniform, since you’re already seeing that everyday. So relax. You’ll be okay.”

 

 

    Finally, Jinyoung released the breath he’s been holding. “Okay. That’s good… But where are we going?” 

 

 

    “Jaebum recommended this place. He said they got really good wine and steak.” 

 

 

    Nodding, Jinyoung tried to keep his attention on the road, beating himself up mentally for buying that damn cologne for Mark. Because . Mark smells so ing good. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    The wait for the food to arrive was quite awkward. Well, to Jinyoung it was. Mark, on the other hand, seemed to be quite lively. In situation like this, Jinyoung wished he could be as lighthearted as Mark. Instead, he’s just nervous that he’ll say something wrong and up this whole date. Which wasn’t such a small possibility. It seemed like the only thing Jinyoung did right today was choosing the right outfit. 

 

 

    But it’s kind of cute to see Mark looking so out-of-place. They’re sitting in a five-star restaurant. And Mark looked like he belonged in a boyband or some . Jinyoung bit back a smile. Mark got everyone to turn their heads when he walked in. Either because he’s so good-looking or his entire outfit just threw off the balance of high-class. Or both. No complains, though. It’s refreshing to see Mark in something other than the mundane black suit. Not like Mark doesn’t look good in the suit. Hell, Mark looks good in everything. Just… Mark looked a lot more comfortable and honest in these casual clothes. And Jinyoung likes it. He likes it a little too much. Explains why he couldn’t stop staring at Mark. 

 

 

    “Sorry, do I look weird?” Mark looked down at himself. “I swear I had nothing else.” 

 

 

    “No,” Jinyoung smiled, “you look nice. I like it.” 

 

 

    Mark smiled back, “good. Only your opinions matter.” 

 

 

    “And I was worry I won’t dress appropriately. Who knew you’re the one who looks like you barely have more than two hundred won in your wallet.” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung, you definitely didn’t dress appropriately.”

 

 

    “What?” 

 

 

    “You look a bit too good. Didn’t even know you own jeans. You don’t look like the type.”

 

 

    Shrugging, Jinyoung smiled at the waiter who brought out their foods, “I used to wear leather jacket and ripped jeans back in high school all the time.”

 

 

    “Woah,” Mark genuinely looked surprise, “no way. You? Leather jacket? Ripped jeans? Damn, I’m missing out.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung chuckled and shook his head, “not really. I was a kid. And a rebel. Just wanted my parents’ attention. Nothing big.” 

 

 

    “No. I don’t think anyone expected for someone like you to be the rebellious type.”

 

 

    “I’ve done a lot of stupid things when I was a high schooler. You know, it was a confusing phase. Hormones and everything.” 

 

 

    “You right.” 

 

 

    They cut the talk and concentrated on their steaks. Mark enjoyed it, finding the taste quite different from anywhere else he had been to. While Jinyoung thought it was mediocre. He didn’t tell Mark that he'd been here before. He didn’t want Mark to feel discouraged. That’s the last thing Jinyoung needed. He can’t this up. So Jinyoung kept his mouth shut and forced the meat down his throat. The food might not be as good, but the company was way more than he could have asked for. 

 

 

    “How were you like when you were younger?” Jinyoung decided to start the conversation this time. Part of the reason was to avoid eating more of whatever’s in front of him. Also, he felt bad that Mark always had to start. 

 

 

    Mark looked up from his plate at the sudden question. He grabbed the napkin and wiped his mouth. “Well, I was a nerd. Not that interesting.” 

 

 

    “Figures.”

 

 

    “Hey, what’s that supposed to mean? At least I’m smart.” 

 

 

    “Being smart isn’t that great.” 

 

 

    “It is. You should try it sometimes.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung quirked his eyebrow, “oh, really?” 

 

 

    “Yeah,” Mark bit his lip and winked playfully. “I’m just kidding. You’re not too bad yourself. Not bad for a brat.” 

 

 

    The young master rolled his eyes, “I’m not a brat.” 

 

 

    “That’s what all of them say.” 

 

 

    “Anyways, this isn’t about me. I’m asking you.” 

 

 

    “And I told you. It’s boring.” 

 

 

    “Okay. Then college life?” 

 

 

    A pause. Mark contemplated hard on whether or not he should reveal how his college life was on the first date. But the sparkles in Jinyoung’s eyes was too enthralling to resist. “College was interesting, I guess. Jaebum and I roomed together. We even had a dog named Byson. He’s a wolf hybrid with a beautiful raven coat. We picked him off the road near the uni when it was storming. Anyways, Jaebum ran from home during that time, and I was as broke as you could possibly think. Our apartment was like a rathole. We slept on picnic blankets and used our jackets as pillows. Tough times but fun.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung was hooked. He could never imagine himself living like that. Never. “How did you two pay for college then? You couldn’t afford to even sleep properly.” 

 

 

    “Well,” Mark set down his utensils and picked up his wine glass. He took a sip and set the glass down. “Back then, there was this underground racing thing. Before you even jump into any conclusions, Jaebum and I was desperate, okay? And this was the only way to earn a lot in one night. So anyways, I raced, and Jaebum acted as my manager, basically. Someone would place a bet on me, and if I win, we get the money, and they get to go on a date with me.” 

 

 

    That information didn’t sit well with Jinyoung. “So you’re saying Jaebum pimped you?” 

 

 

    “No. Not pimiping. It’s literally just a dinner date. Nothing more. It’s like I’m selling my time. But we get decent money out of it. It was our source of income.” 

 

 

    “What if you lost?” 

 

 

    “Still get the money. Just not the date.” 

 

 

    “Win-win either way?” 

 

 

    “Yeah.” 

 

 

    Although Jinyoung hated the thought of Mark going on dates with other people, he didn’t show it. Or at least tried not to. “What did you raced?” 

 

 

    “Motorcycle.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung almost choked on his wine. The image of Mark in a motorcyclist’s outfit flashed by and imprinted Jinyoung’s brain. Good grace. How hot can this man get? Motorcycle racing? Goddamn. “The people you would go on dates with… What… What kind of people are they?” 

 

 

    “Business people,” Mark replied a bit too quick. 

 

 

    Grimaced, Jinyoung couldn’t help but think about the date they’re having right now. Something irked him. “Business people?” 

 

 

    “It was an underground racing club for rich people. Most of them were men and women who owns companies and stuff. You know, CEOs, Presidents, Chairmans…” Mark trailed off, realizing what he had done. But Jealousy looked good on Jinyoung. 

 

 

    “So you have a type then?” Jinyoung pressed on. He has to get to the bottom of this. Everything’s fitting so well. Dinner date with a business person? There’s no ing way Jinyoung was going to let this be one of Mark’s many dinner-dates-with-some-random-business-person. that. Jinyoung knows he’s superior. 

 

 

    “No, not really. I don’t like business people,” Mark said. 

 

 

    “You don’t like people who ‘owns companies and stuff’?” Jinyoung asked.

 

 

    “Yeah. I think they’re too much of a hassle. The more powerful they are, the more dangerous.” 

 

 

    “Oh.”

 

 

    Then it hits Mark. “No, no, no, Jinyoung, it’s not-"

 

 

    “I’m sorry you have to force yourself to eat dinner with me.” 

 

 

    “What? Jinyoung, come on, you know what I meant-"

 

 

    "The more powerful, the more dangerous, right?”

 

 

    “Jin-"

 

 

    “Sounds about right. I understands. It’s okay. I’ll just leave.” 

 

 

    Upset, Jinyoung got up from his seat. Mark also got up and held onto the younger’s arm. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said all that. I’m really sorry. I’m nervous, and I tends to say dumb things when I’m nervous. Jinyoung-ah, please…” 

 

 

    Jinyoung didn’t sit down right away. He was starting to question this whole thing. But he didn’t deny the fluttering feeling he felt when he looked down at Mark’s hand on his arm. Mark wasn’t lying. 

 

 

    Mark was nervous. 

 

 

    He’s shaking. 

 

 

    “Please, I promise I’ll just shut up and eat. You won’t hear from me the rest of the night. Sit down, please. I’m sorry,” Mark was practically begging at this point. 

 

 

    “All right,” Jinyoung sighed and sat down, “but do talk. I don’t want this date to go worse than it did.” What surprised Jinyoung was that he wasn’t the one who ed up. Jinyoung would have never thought Mark would be the one to up their first date. That’s okay, though. Mark was honest. And Jinyoung likes that. 

 

 

    The rest of the dinner went pretty smooth. They didn’t really talk much, but the atmosphere got better. Mark managed to win back Jinyoung’s mood over some dumb stories about his childhood. Not counting all the cheesy flirting that was thrown back and forth between them, as those dumb stories progressed into even more dumb college stories. Dinner ended with a satisfying smile. Jinyoung was feeling happy for the first time in a long time. He felt so at ease. And whenever he said something that happened to make Mark laughed, he thought he could die right at that moment. For a while, Jinyoung forgot who they were and what they’re supposed to be to each other. Jinyoung was just enjoying his time with Mark in all honesty. 

 

 

    Jinyoung couldn’t believe he used to think he wasn’t meant for this. Well, he wasn’t. Mark’s way too perfect and deserves better than someone like Jinyoung. But Jinyoung couldn’t help but wanting Mark to himself. Because Mark’s the walking definition of perfection, Jinyoung has to have him. Mark was the perfection Jinyoung needed to fill in the empty space existed in the midst of all his ugly flaws. He needs Mark. And he’d hate to see Mark with anyone else besides him. 

 

 

    “Annnnnd we’re here~” 

 

 

    Snapping out of his thoughts, Jinyoung looked out the car’s window and saw his mansion. “Oh, okay…” Why did the ride back felt so short? Can’t it be a little longer? He wanted to stay with Mark a little longer. 

 

 

    “Are you still mad at me? That’s why you’ve been quiet throughout the whole ride?” The usual calm and matured Mark didn’t make it. He was replaced by a nervous teenage Mark. “I’m really sorry-"

 

 

    “That’s not it… You did great. I had a lot of fun,” Jinyoung turned to look at Mark, “thank you.” 

 

 

    They stayed staring for a bit before Mark nodded and smiled, “does that mean I scored another date?” 

 

 

     “You still wants to go out with me?” Jinyoung blushed, unable to hold eyes-contact. 

 

 

    “Of course!” Mark laughed into his hand, “aren’t we in a relationship? Just in case you didn’t know, people in relationships go out on dates. That’s what they do. And we’re no different. We can go on as many dates as you like. I’ll make the time for you.” 

 

 

    “Really…? You would really do that? I mean, like, date me…” 

 

 

    Mark reached over and pinched Jinyoung’s cheek, “why not? I love you, and you love me, so why can’t we be boyfriends?” 

 

 

    “I’m…” 

 

 

    Cupping both of Jinyoung’s cheeks in his hands, Mark leaned in and kissed Jiyoung’s forehead. “I know it’s hard. I know it’s new. I know you’re still unsure and probably confused. But it’s okay. I’m here with you. We’ll figure this out together, all right?” 

 

 

    Nodding, Jinyoung held Mark’s hands. He felt like crying, but he won’t cry. Not in a situation when Mark’s looking at him like he’s his whole ing world. “Okay.” 

 

 

    “Good. Now off you go~ I’ll see you tomorrow~” Mark grinned and unbuckled the seatbelt, giving Jinyoung so much butterflies in seconds. 

 

 

    Jinyoung was about to go. 

 

 

    He was about to open the door and leave. 

 

 

    His house was right in front of him. 

 

 

    Right… In… Front… Of… Him… 

 

 

    He didn’t think he was capable of doing this. 

 

 

    But Mark awakened him.

 

 

    He-

 

 

    Jinyoung climbed from the passenger side and settled himself on Mark’s lap. He straddled him, making sure there was no way Mark could get out of this. Maybe it’s the spur of the moment. Maybe. But Jinyoung knew exactly what he was doing. Exactly what he wanted. He wants Mark. 

 

 

    Tangling his fingers into Mark’s hair and pulling at it roughly, Jinyoung crashed their mouths together.