h a r s h

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Sorry for the delay~ Some personal things came up, and I guess I'm still trying to adjust to updating on Tuesdays lol I'm always on time with Saturdays :")

Also... There won't be a Saturday update, because I have to get ready to see the boys on Sunday (*SCREAMS*)~ Don't wanna be feeling pressured and stressed haha 

Weeeeell, ENJOY AND LEAVE FEEDBACKS~

See y'all again on TUESDAY~

(btw don't kill me lol this is LOWKEY angst like ya see it if ya squint)

###

 

 

 

 

 

    Stumbling into his apartment with a beautiful lady in his arms, Jaebum wasted no time shrugging off his jacket and pulling his shirt over his head. His lady companion’s tight little dress was on the floor before they both went back to grabbing each other’s faces. Soon, they ended up on Jaebum’s bed, giggling and roaming their hands. Jaebum’s hands were already resting on top of his partner’s red lacy , when he was abruptly interrupted by the obnoxious sound of the bell. At first, he ignored it and went on trailing kisses down the lady’s neck. But it kept ringing, causing the lady to laugh out loud and suggest Jaebum to just go answer it. 

 

 

    “ing Hell,” Jaebum cursed, reluctantly opening the door, “who the - . MARK?!” 

 

 

    His best friend just pushed through and into his apartment without a single greeting. Not even a smile. Which was weird. Because Mark almost always smile. Jaebum stared at Mark with confusion splashed all over his face. He then looked down at what Mark was carrying. It was a ing duffle bag. With the baggage tag still hanging off one of the handle. Mark just landed. 

 

 

    “Jaebum-ssi? Is everything okay?” The lady appeared from Jaebum’s bedroom with a concerned look. But her face immediately brightened when she saw who just walked in. “Oh, hello. You are…?” Her own words lost in a trance, because she couldn’t stop herself from running her hungry eyes over the newcomer. 

 

 

    Mark threw his duffle bag on the couch and looked deadly at the lady. “Well, hello there. Sorry. Let me introduce myself. I’m Mark. And this,” he waved his finger around the apartment, “is my place. Also, this man,” he pointed his finger towards Jaebum, “is my husband.” 

 

 

    “WHAT?!” The lady’s previous confidence dissolved right by her feet. She glared accusingly at Jaebum. “You’re GAY?! And MARRIED?! WHAT THE ?” 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Jaebum groaned tiredly, “no, I’m not gay or married. Don’t listen to him-"     

 

 

    “I see. I’m sorry that I’m not good enough that you have to go and cheat on me,” Mark sighed and plopped down on the couch. 

 

 

    The lady shook her head and stormed back into the bedroom to put her clothes back on and grab her purse. In minutes, she walked out and slapped Jaebum across his face. “Shame on you. How dare you try to cheat on such a loyal and beautiful man? You should be ashamed of yourself.” And then she left. 

 

 

    Silence blanketed over the apartment for a while. Until Jaebum angrily yelled at the man sitting on his couch, “what the , Mark?!” 

 

 

    “Hey, Jaebum. I’ve missed you,” Mark greeted nonchalantly. 

 

 

    “Don’t ‘hey’ me! What the are you doing here?! Aren’t you supposed to be in Jeju? You have like two more weeks. Why the are you back so early-"

 

 

    “What?! I can’t be back early now?!” Mark snapped, pulling himself up on his feet and balling his fists furiously. “Am I a ing dog? Do I need someone’s permission? Why can’t I do s on my own?!”

 

 

    Taken back at Mark’s sudden outburst, Jaebum held his arms up. “Woah, woah, woah… Mark, you okay, buddy?”

 

 

    “Do I look ing okay?!” 

 

 

    “No...” 

 

 

    “Then I’m not!” 

 

 

    Jaebum left Mark to sulk on the couch some more to go put on a shirt. When he came back, his best friend already curled himself up in a ball and fell asleep. Jaebum went back into his bedroom and searched out a spare blanket. He returned back to the couch and gently draped the blanket over Mark. Sighing, Jaebum watched his best friend sleeping for a while. He had never seen Mark like this ever. They’ve known each other since forever. And Jaebum was sure that no one could affect Mark like this. 

 

 

    “Park Jinyoung,” Jaebum shook his head, “you better come and take responsibility.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “Jaehwan, where’s Mark? Why isn’t he picking up his phone? Where is he? I haven’t seen him all day…” The young master paced back and forth around the living room. His meeting just ended, but when he came home, there’s no Mark. 

 

 

    “Sir…” The Head Bodyguard bit his lip and casted his eyes down. 

 

 

    “What is it? Say it!” 

 

 

    “Mark-ssi left just a couple of hours ago… He should landed by now...” 

 

 

    “WHAT?!” 

 

 

    “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier… Mark-ssi didn’t want to let you know…”

 

 

    “AND YOU LISTENED TO HIM?!” Jinyoung flailed his arms in frustration. “I’m your Young Master and you listened to him?” 

 

 

    “Sir-"

 

    

    “Shut the up! Do you even ing regard me as your Young Master anymore, Kim Jaehwan?!” 

 

 

    “I’m so sorry-"

 

 

    “I don’t want to hear anymore of your bull,” the young master sighed, loosening his tie to save himself from being suffocated, “book me a flight back to Seoul for tomorrow’s night.” 

 

 

    At this new order, Jaehwan looked up at his young master in disbelief. “No, sir! You can’t-"

 

 

    “Yes, I can.” 

 

 

    “Sir! You only have two more weeks left! You can’t leave right now. The company-"

 

 

    “I’m leaving and you’re not stopping me.” 

 

 

    “BUT-"

 

 

    “If I’m not on that damn plane tomorrow’s night, then get ready to pack your goddamn bags, Kim.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung ignored whatever Jaehwan had to say and made his way upstairs to his room. The guilt he’s been wearing since this morning continued to slice through his organs. Whatever Mark last told him, he remembered them all. Word by word. And that’s all he’s been thinking about. The whole day, he was constantly being distracted by this awful feeling that confused his head more each time his mind wandered off to that burning pit of fire and those genuine eyes. Jinyoung tried so hard to shake those haunting images off, but his heart refused to let go. His mind couldn’t wrap around this aching feeling. But his heart knew all too well. His heart was hurting, yet his mind just doesn’t understands. 

 

 

    It when his heart and mind don’t share the same emotions. 

 

 

    “Goddamnit, Mark,” Jinyoung huffed in anger, finding himself hurting over this harsh betrayal. “You can’t just leave after ing me over like this! Come back and explain yourself…” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Taste testing the stew he’s brewing, Jaebum his lips in satisfaction. This should do the job. He poured a reasonable amount of the stew into a big bowl. Turning around, Jaebum busied himself with stirring the vegetables and meats evenly. He switched the stove to low heat in order to slow down the cook process and allow the marinated beef pieces to ooze their juice and season the veggies. Humming and enjoying the delicious smell from the freshly cooked foods, Jaebum forgot he had a sulking bag of bones curled up on his couch. 

 

 

    “Bummie…” Mark whined, sniffling and burying his nose into the blanket. 

 

 

    Jaebum rolled his eyes, “hold on. I’m almost done.” 

 

 

    Mark didn’t say anything else. Jaebum assumed his best friend went back to sleeping after a few minutes of silence. Sighing, he returned to finishing up dinner. Another thirty minutes or so, Jaebum set the table and brought out all the dishes. He walked over to the couch and gave the innocent furniture a forceful kick. That woke up Mark, who just grumbled and made a nasty face at Jaebum. They both made their way to the table. 

 

 

    It was like old times again, when they were roommates back during their college years. That was a really long time ago. If they were honest with themselves, they both missed eating meals together. Although none of them talked, the presence of having each other was pretty comforting. Especially when Mark’s currently going through something disastrous. Eating in complete silence, Mark really appreciated Jaebum for doing this. Well, it was the least Jaebum could do. Because back in college, it was Mark who cooked for Jaebum. It was also Mark who taught Jaebum how to cook. So if Jaebum’s foods could help warm Mark’s heart somewhat, then he’ll gladly spend his time and effort to lend a bit of comfort. 

 

 

    After dinner, Mark insisted on doing the dishes, which Jaebum just agreed without much of a fight. He knew doing dishes helped Mark relax, so whatever. Even though Mark looked like he could pass out in the next second. Jaebum shook his head and sighed, seating himself at the table to watch out for his best friend. Jaebum didn’t like this. Didn’t like seeing Mark like this. All wounded emotionally and ed up over someone who probably doesn’t even deserves him. 

 

 

    Okay, that last bit was a little biased. 

 

 

    But still. Jaebum didn’t think Jinyoung deserves someone as righteous and loving as Mark. 

 

 

    Mark’s too perfect of a guy. Kind-hearted. Strong-willed. Considerate. Understanding. 

 

 

    Jinyoung’s the total opposite. Heartless. Cold. Brutal. Selfish. Arrogant. 

 

 

    The combination was an odd one. Fire and ice. 

 

 

    Yet who knew the fire ignited before the ice could melt. 

 

 

    “You’re here for a day already,” Jaebum said, seeing that Mark was done. “Want to talk about it now?” 

 

 

    “No.” 

 

 

    “Mark, it’s not like I don’t know what’s going on-"

 

 

    “I said no.” 

 

 

    Jaebum held his arms up and shrugged, “okay then. I was just trying to help.” 

 

 

    “Then shut up.” 

 

 

    “All right. Listen here, buddy, you’re the one who barged into my apartment all hating life and . I’m the host here. Don’t give me that attitude.” 

 

 

    Mark just scoffed and walked off, heading towards Jaebum’s bedroom. Jaebum rolled his eyes and left Mark alone. If Mark wants to go die off by himself, then so be it. Jaebum could care less about this ungrateful bastard. A bit angry, he grabbed his jacket and exited the apartment. He couldn’t believe they’re fighting because of a man.  

 

 

    A man who’s not even worth risking their friendship for. 

 

 

    Well, maybe Jaebum’s just being dramatic. Park Jinyoung wasn’t such a bad person. Jaebum just thought Mark would never go for someone like that spoiled brat. But Life works in mysterious ways. Imagine they really got together… It’ll be so awkward for Jaebum to even stay in the same room as those two. Not to mention, they’re his Vices. He could already see it… Mark’s a naturally affectionate person. Jinyoung’s a naturally clingy person. The thought of the two colliding qualities already set a horrible image in Jaebum’s head. He really needs a drink. Or more. More drinks. 

 

 

    Maybe after a couple of drinks, he’ll return home and his dear best friend would finally talk to him. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Mark talked. More like incomprehensible mumbling through sobs, but at least he’s opening up about it. Though, Jaebum didn’t expect for Mark to be latching onto his arm. At some point, through some more mumbling, Mark wiped his nose and eyes on Jaebum’s shirt comfortably. Jaebum cringed, regretted coming back home after two hours of drowning down random drinks at a nearby fancy bar. Should have waited until Mark fell asleep. But then again, Jaebum was the one who wanted them to talk about this. So here they were, wrapped up in each other’s arms, just casually cuddled on Jaebum’s bed. 

 

 

    “Bummie, do-do you know…” Mark sniffled, forcing himself to form words that would make sense. 

 

 

    Jaebum sighed, “what?” He slipped an arm under Mark’s head and pulled his best friend closer to his chest. 

 

 

    “I-I lo-love him so ing m-much… It hurts… God. . It hurts so -ing much! B-bu-but he… H-he… HE!” And Mark broke down again, muffling his cries into Jaebum’s shirt while tightened his hold on the tipsy male’s torso. 

 

 

    “You know,” Jaebum continuously rubbed Mark’s back gently, “there’s many, many, many, sooooooo damn many fishes in the damn ocean. You’ll find someone better. Definitely.” 

 

 

    “But Park Jinyoung is the best there is… AND HE DOESN’T EVEN LOVE ME!” Mark cried out loud, at Jaebum’s shirt. “Why am I still alive?! It hurts so much! JAEBUM! MAKE IT STOP!” 

 

 

    “I CAN’T! I’M STRAIGHT!” Jaebum shouted, feeling the alcohol finally hitting his system. “Stop trying to get me to you! I know your ‘make it stop’ is . And no, we’re not ing!” 

 

 

    Mark pushed his best friend away and sat up, furiously wiping his tears with the long sleeves of Jaebum’s black turtleneck that he’s currently wearing. “Fine! I’ll go and find someone to then!” 

 

 

    “NO!” Jaebum objected and grabbed Mark’s arm, dragging him down to lie against the mattress. “Just because Jinyoung doesn’t love you back, you can’t just go and people! That’s not fair for anyone! Not Jinyoung! Not the person you’re ing! Not yourself!” 

 

 

    Staring at Jaebum’s face for a long second, Mark’s own face scrunched up in another devastating cry. “HE DOESN’T LOVE ME!” 

 

 

    “… I shouldn’t have said that… Mark, I’m sorry. That’s not what I meant-"

 

 

    “No! You s-said-said he-h-he doesn’t love-love me… I’m-I’m going to d-die alone… JAEBUM-AH! I’M GOING TO DIE ALONE!” Mark threw himself on top of his best friend and cried harder than when he started. 

 

 

    Jaebum grabbed Mark’s hips and threw him off, “no, you won’t. There’s so many others who would love you better-"

 

 

    “I want to be married, Jaebum-ah! I’m at the age already! I want to marry!” Sniffling and hugging onto Jaebum’s body, Mark buried his face into his best friend’s neck for comfort. “But I’m going to die alone…” 

 

 

    “Oh, no, please tell me you don’t want to marry Jinyoung.” 

 

    

    Silence. 

 

 

    “MARK! YOU CAN’T MARRY HIM! I DON’T WANT HIM TO BE MY BROTHER-IN-LAW! MARK TUAN!” 

 

 

    Still silence. 

 

 

    “Goddamnit. You’re going to marry him, aren’t you?” 

 

 

    “BUT HE DOESN’T LOVE ME! WHY WOULD I MARRY SOMEONE WHO DON’T EVEN LOVE ME?!” 

 

 

    “Oh. So as long as he don’t love you, then you’re not going to marry him?” 

 

 

    “Im Jaebum!” 

 

 

    “OKAY. Jeez, I was just joking.” 

 

 

    “This is a joke to you?! Me wanting to marry Park Jinyoung is a joke to you?!” 

 

 

    “You know you can’t marry him, Mark,” Jaebum said, firm and serious. He might have had a little too much drinks than he intended when stepping inside that bar, but Jaebum knew what he was talking about. And he knew Mark did, too. “I mean you’ll be fine marrying him. But he won’t be. I know you’re aware of that. With his position, not even you, Park Jinyoung can’t marry anyone. He’s waaaaay too dangerous, which then will put his loved ones in danger. Sure, he can do everything in his power to protect his loves, but there will be times when he can’t or when he’s too late. If you look at it, the only one dying alone here is Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    “I can protect myself…” 

 

 

    “Oh, really? Mark, as long as you have the codes to that damn Core in your head, you can’t always protect yourself. You know what, you don’t even have to be in a romantic relationship with Jinyoung to be in danger. You want to know why? Because by now, everyone in Jeju probably knows about a certain American agent who handwritten the codes to the entire Park Group for the Chairman. Of course, they don’t know you have the Core, but they’ll assume that you do anyways, because you’re related to Chairman Park in some kind of way. Sooner or later, Mark, you’ll find yourself in a very bad situation that you can’t get out of.” 

 

 

    “Bull. I always know what to do-"

 

 

    “You’re human, sweetie. You’re not perfect. You’ll make mistakes. You’ll face failures. You’ll fall and fall.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “That’ll be fun to watch,” Jaebum chuckled lightly. His tipsy-self seemed to be such a chill person. 

 

 

    “You’re horrible. How did you get from my horrifying love life to something so…”

 

 

    “Realistic?”

 

 

    Mark sighed, closing his eyes and snuggling a bit closer. “I know what I’ve done. But hey, that’s what you do when you’re in love, right? You go so ing crazy. And all you want is to share the burdens. It’s stupid on my part to take up the Core, but thinking about it, I helped Jinyoung eased a little, don’t you think? I mean, going by the shares of Park Group’s division, I’m technically the Chairman. So if anything happens, like… Like if the government found out about Jinyoung’s doings, then the person who’s taking the fall would be me. And you know, I don’t mind that at all.” 

 

 

    Jaebum was speechless. Just listening to Mark gave him a headache. He doesn’t know what love is, since he’s never been in love before, but he was sure no one could be this dumb. Especially not his best friend. To Jaebum, Mark was the smartest person he knew. Mark Tuan would never… “You’re so ing dumb. I don’t even know what to say. You can’t love him this much. What the , Tuan?” 

 

 

    Laughing, Mark felt his tears drying up. “I know. I’m surprised at myself, too. But what can I say? I’m an affectionate person.”

 

 

    “No .” 

 

 

    “Yeah… So blinded by my love for him that even if he doesn’t love me back, I’ll be fine taking the fall for him. I just don’t want him to get hurt.” 

 

 

    “Good grace, this is ed up. Jinyoung ed you up, Mark. I don’t even know who you are anymore.” 

 

 

    “You’re right. I’m so ed up. I’m so…” Mark breathed out heavily. He thought his tears had already dried up. Hiding his face into his best friend’s neck, Mark quietly cried a little more. 

 

 

    Jaebum didn’t say anything, knowing how much Mark just needed someone to cry to. At time like this, Jaebum understood to hug Mark tighter to offer at least some physical comfort. There was nothing Jaebum could do about the sharp shards of Mark’s broken heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    The moment the plane landed, Jinyoung wasted no time dashing his way out of the airport and waving down a taxi. Throughout the ride, he would try calling Mark over and over again. Not a single call was answered. Jinyoung didn’t think Mark was doing it on purpose. Maybe Mark was busy. Or Mark’s phone ran out of battery or something. Jinyoung was giving Mark the benefit of a doubt. 

 

 

    Getting off at the front of the K.N.S.S. building, Jinyoung suddenly felt nervous. He stood at the steps for a long while before shaking his head at his random weirdness. The plan was to show up at the suite Mark was staying in and have that idiot give a believable explanation. Because Jinyoung didn’t just leave his precious company to run after Mark just so Mark could ignore him. 

 

    

    “Um, he’s not here…” Seungri, the front desk agent shook his head after running the log of the guests staying at those high-class suites. “I thought he went to Jeju with you? And why are you back so early?”  

 

 

    Jinyoung groaned, already putting the puzzle pieces together. Didn’t bother to bid goodbye to Seungri, Jinyoung scurried off out of the building. So no one knew Mark came back. No one…

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Jinyoung really didn’t want to resort to this. He scrolled through the messages between him and Jaebum to find the address and handed it to the taxi driver who was nice enough to wait for him before. The drive was a short one. Maybe about fifteen minutes or so. But Jinyoung thought this driver couldn’t drive any faster. It felt like hours just sitting in the backseat fidgeting with the buttons on his coat. 

 

 

    As soon as the driver stopped in front of what looked like the fanciest apartment complex in Seoul, Jinyoung quickly threw a thick stack of cash to the passenger seat and climbed off. He passed by the receptionist without even acknowledging the poor lady, already knowing the apartment’s number. The elevator took him to the sixth floor some seconds. The doors weren’t even opened all the way yet when Jinyoung slipped through and sped down the corridors. Stopping in front of the door of his damned fate, Jinyoung was out of breath. He stared at the door, wanting to throw up all that first-class airplane food in hope of easing his budding anxiety. 

 

 

    Taking a deep breath, Jinyoung set his fist on the door. Another deep breath, he knocked-

 

 

    “What the…” Jinyoung confusedly watched the door slowly creaked open. “Huh. Jaebum didn’t lock his door? This is…” 

 

 

    Shrugging, he entered anyways, because he’s racing with the clock. And Jaebum wouldn’t mind, right? It’s not like Jaebum got anything to hide-

 

 

    Jinyoung dropped the long forgotten bag he was holding, eyes widened at the scene in front of him. “WHAT THE ?!” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    At the sudden loud shout of another surprise presence in his apartment, Jaebum sprung awake. If he was tipsy and slurring his words before, then he sure Hell wasn’t now. Jaebum stared, jaw dropping, at Jinyoung standing at his bedroom’s doorway. . Jinyoung looked really angry. Jaebum could already tell that this wasn’t going to end well. 

 

 

    “Wait! Hold on! It’s NOT what you think-"

 

 

    “Not what I think?” Jinyoung roared, eyes pooled with the stabbing pain of a betrayal. He pointed accusingly at Mark, who just now sitting up and immediately froze at the realization. “He’s wearing YOUR shirt, Im Jaebum!” 

 

 

    Mark snapped out of it and looked over at Jaebum, “what is this? How does Jinyoung knows-"

 

 

    “He bought it for me as a Birthday gift,” Jaebum pinched the bridge of his nose tiredly.

 

 

    “I thought I bought you this?” Mark looked down at the black turtleneck he’s been wearing. 

 

 

    Jaebum just sighed, “you did. But it wasn’t this color. It was a white one.” 

 

 

    “I can’t believe this,” Jinyoung scoffed, tearing his gaze away from this scandalous scene. “I- God, I feel so ing stupid!” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung, listen to me. This isn’t what you think-" Jaebum tried again.

 

 

    “No, I don’t want to hear it. I saw what I saw. You can’t lie to me. You’re caught red-handed.” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung-"

 

 

    “Shut up, Im! I don’t want to hear it from you!” Sighing and clenching his jaw to bite down his raging anger, Jinyoung finally gathered the courage to look at Mark. “You… I can’t believe you. It hasn’t even been two days and you’re already in the arms of someone else? Is this how you really are? I… I ing left my work to come back, because you left without telling me. And this is how I’m being treated? This isn’t fair!” 

 

 

    Removing the blanket, Mark got himself out of bed, “this really isn’t what you think. Just listen, Jinyoung-"

 

 

    “Are you having fun doing this? You ed me over with those ing words you’ve said! You confused the out of me! I risked everything to come back. For what? To what? To see you in bed with your ing best friend?! I should have ing known you two weren’t kidding. . I feel like a ing idiot chasing you back here.” 

 

 

    “Please, leave me out of this,” Jaebum mumbled under his breath, “I’m straight as .” 

 

 

    Mark laughed. The bitterness and pain bounced off the walls of the room. “Why are you here, Jinyoung?” 

 

 

    “I…” Pausing, Jinyoung’s face turned red. He really didn’t think this through. 

 

 

    “There’s no reason for you to be here,” Mark pushed on, calmly and steadily, “unless you’re here to properly answer me. Because I don’t have anything to explain. I said what I said. And I meant every damn word I’ve said. There’s no explanation for what I truly feels.”

 

 

    This silence wasn’t satisfying. It swallowed everyone in a quick gulp, while the tension dangled from the ceiling. Jinyoung wanted to melt onto the floor at the sincerity in Mark’s soft eyes. He didn’t think Mark would give an answer like this. He came for an explanation. Not a reminder of those overwhelming words that he couldn’t possibly handled without breaking out into fits of embarrassment. He hates this. Hates that he-

 

 

    “You meant it? You sure it wasn’t just a spur of the moment? You sure you weren’t just setting up this whole lie to play me? You sure the person all those words meant for is me? How would I know you love me like you’ve said? How would I know you’re not pitifully in love with Jaebum?” This wasn’t it. Jinyoung didn’t mean to press on this matter. But somewhere deep within him, he wasn’t going to let it go. Just seeing Mark all pressing against Jaebum triggered something wild. 

 

 

    “I swear I don’t take part in this,” Jaebum said quietly to himself, knowing that the other two won’t even acknowledge the fact that it’s his room and apartment. They’re too lost in their own world. 

 

 

    “You’ve got the ing guts to be jealous, but you won’t admit to your own goddamn feelings?” Now, Mark’s angry. He shortened the gap between them. 

 

 

    “What? Jeal- Please, I’m not jealous-"

 

 

    “For ’s sake, Jinyoung!” 

 

 

    “What the do you want?!” 

 

 

    “You ing know what I want!” 

 

 

    “I-"

 

 

    “GOD-ING-DAMNIT. Take this ing fight out of here!” Jaebum yelled. There’s so much he could take. And this wasn’t one of them. “If you two ers want to argue this out, then get the out. Don’t do this here. I’m sick of you idiots refusing to ing talk to each other.” 

 

 

    Mark backed off first, turning to walk back to the bed, “he should leave. I’m not leaving. I didn’t do anything wrong.” 

 

 

    “You didn’t do anything wrong?” Jinyoung stared in disbelief. 

 

 

    “No, I haven’t!” Mark turned back around to face Jinyoung. “Loving you isn’t wrong!” 

 

 

    “Here we ing go again,” Jaebum groaned. 

 

 

    “Stop saying that! You don’t-"

 

        

    “Yes, I do! When will you stop denying and accept? Why are you doing this? Why did you followed me back? Why are you here?! Why-"

 

 

    “BECAUSE I’M CONFUSED AND JUST MAYBE I FEEL THE SAME!” Seconds after that outburst, Jinyoung realized what he had just said. His entire body set up in flames. He was so embarrassed, because did those words really came out of his own mouth? 

 

 

    Jaebum was the first to react. “ this .” He got up and left the room. 

 

 

    The room fell victim to the wrenching tension as the two just stood there. They both tried to process what had just happened. What had just rolled out of Park Jinyoung’s tongue. What…

 

 

    “Jinyoung, say that again?” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Jinyoung, please, say it again? What did you said?” 

 

 

    “I…”

 

 

    “You…”

 

 

    “I hate you, you idiot!” Jinyoung ran out of the room, leaving Mark still baffled and in a daze. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “What did you do, Mark? Why did he ran out like that?” Jaebum poked his head inside the room after witnessing a very red-faced Jinyoung dashing out the door like he’s being hunt.  

 

 

    “Jaebum.” 

 

 

    “What?”

 

 

    “I feel like…”

 

 

    “What now.” 

 

 

    “I feel like I should step up my game.” 

 

 

    “Mark-"

 

 

    “Am I seductive, Jaebummie?”

 

 

    “Oh, God, no. Not this, please,” Jaebum was ready to sprint out of his own apartment. 

 

 

    But Mark was faster. As always. Mark caught Jaebum and pulled their bodies together in a hug. “Am I?” 

 

 

    Groaning and rolling his eyes, Jaebum nodded, unable to deny the truth. “Yes, you are. You’re a complete natural. Literally, you could just stand there, flash a little smile, do that thing with your eyes, while sipping onto a glass of red wine… Men and women would be lining up at your feet in a heartbeat. They’ll ing sell their soul to the Devil just to get in bed with you.” 

 

 

    “Damn, you’re right.” 

 

 

    “Yeah.” 

 

 

    “Hmmm…” Mark pulled away from the hug, taking off the turtleneck he stole from Jaebum’s closet. 

 

 

    “Um, Mark… I hope you’re not doing what I think you’re going to do…”

 

 

    “He’s almost there, Jaebum-ah. Just need a little push~” 

 

 

    “No. You can do that with anyone else. But you can’t with Jinyoung-"

 

 

    Mark smirked, the first genuine happy expression Jaebum seen since Mark stepped into his apartment. “Doesn’t hurt to try.” 

 

 

    “You can’t-"

 

 

    “I’ve decided.” 

 

 

    Jaebum wanted to wake up from this nightmare. “What did you decided…” 

 

 

    “I’m going to marry Park Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    “Oh. . No… Mark… Why…”