c u r s e

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “Yo, Mark! You haven’t called in, like, forever!

 

 

    Sighing at Jackson’s very much enthusiastic voice, Mark pinched the bridge of his nose, “yeah, I know. Sorry, things just been so-"

 

 

    “Hey, hey, hey, it’s okay. Bambam told me about that Chairman. I don’t blame you, man.” Jackson laughed, waving it off like it’s no big deal. 

 

 

    “Thanks,” Mark smiled, glad that his friend could understand. “So, how’s the Operation going?” 

 

 

    “Got new info~” Jackson singsonged, sounding quite pleased with himself.

 

 

    “What’s up?” 

 

 

    “I’ll just show you. You wouldn’t want to miss this, Markie~” 

 

 

    “Jackson-"

 

 

    “Annnnnnd send! All right, buddy, now everything’s on you! If you could really succeed, then the final step of Phoenix won't be too hard. The faster you get this over with, the faster you’ll return to the States, am I right?” 

 

 

    Mark just sighed, “yeah, I supposed. I don’t feel like staying here…” 

 

 

    Jackson laughed loudly through the phone, causing Mark to almost remove the device further from his ear, “Americans.” 

 

 

    “What’s that supposed to mean?” 

 

 

    “Nothing, bud, good luck!” 

 

 

    Before Mark could properly bid a friendly “goodbye,” Jackson had already hung up, completely disregard the agent’s feelings. Mark scoffed. Whatever.They could catch up when Mark returns to the States. 

 

 

    Right. 

 

 

    He’s going to have to return sooner or later. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “,” Jinyoung groaned, rubbing his temples with his fingers. It was starting up again. Just when he had a peaceful sleep last night. And now, karma’s being a . Reaching for the telephone at the corner of his desk, Jinyoung’s fingers danced quickly on the number pad. At the second ring, the line picked up. “Call in Jaehwan.” 

 

 

    About ten minutes later, the door opened, Jaehwan rushed in and quickly bowed before looking at his young master with concern. “Sir-"

 

 

    “Go pick up my meds. I’ve sent you Youngjae’s prescription,” Jinyoung ordered, face scrunched up in discomfort. His hands were holding his head now. 

 

 

    When Jaehwan left, Jinyoung slumped over his desk, head hitting hard against the surface. Shutting his eyes closed, Jinyoung balled his fists against his chest. The pain only increased by each tick of the clock. It was surging all over from his head and slowly spreading down. Repeatedly, he banged his head on the desk, screaming internally as this parasite continued to eat its way into his brain. Jinyoung swore he’ll do anything. Just stop this torture. 

 

 

    The door opened again, Jaehwan walked in with a small bag, following in behind was Mark. “Does this happen a lot?” Mark asked, looking at the suffering Chairman with sympathy. 

 

 

    “I don’t know about Seoul,” Jaehwan answered, voice wavering with tons of worries. He placed the bag on the desk and took out an orange bottle of pills. “But here in Jeju, this is normal.” Jaehwan poured a glass of water and took out about three red pills. 

 

 

    Jinyoung raised his head, eyes still closed and eyebrows furrowed in irritation. He stayed frozen for a couple seconds, collecting himself, before opening his eyes and retrieving the medicine and water from his Head Bodyguard’s hands. It didn’t took long for Jinyoung to immediately threw all the pills into his mouth and gulped down the entire cup of water. Leaning back against his chair, Jinyoung let out a tired sigh, head tilting up to stare at the ceiling, waiting for the pain to subside. 

 

 

    “Sir,” Jaehwan bowed, “I hope you’re feeling better. I’ll take my leave now. Mark-ssi is here.” 

 

 

    The Chairman didn’t answer. So Jaehwan just left, closing the door softly. Mark stood there, staring at Jinyoung’s tired body leaning still against the chair. It seemed painful. For a split second, Mark almost pitied the Chairman. 

 

 

    “You,” the Chairman finally spoke up, “come here.” 

 

 

    Without question, Mark made his way towards the Chairman’s desk. “Yes? More medicine? Or do you want that honey lemonade? I could go make it if you want-"

 

 

    “Don’t bother,” an exasperated sigh escaped the Chairman’s mouth. “You have a phD in Computer Science.”

 

 

    “And?”

 

 

    “Good at coding?” 

 

 

    “I mean-"

 

 

    “Make me a set of codes.” 

 

 

    The professional bodyguard stance he’s been holding up came crumbling down as the command left the Chairman’s lips. “What?” 

 

 

    The Chairman just let out a sigh again, clasping his hands together while he rested his elbows on his desk. “I want you to write a code that secures all of Park Group’s assets and foundations. Do you understand?” 

 

 

    Scoffing in disbelief, Mark took off the shades, revealing a scowl on his gorgeous features. “No, I don’t understand. As far as I’m concern, I am here to ensure your safety on this island, not to personally write you codes that would benefit such a horrible person like you!” 

 

 

    “Mark-"

 

 

    “You have NO rights to force me to do this. I am not writing some dumb codes to protect your ing illegal doings." Mark was angry. Upset even. Because how could Jinyoung ask for such-

 

 

    “You will do it,” Chairman Park slammed his hand down on the hard surface of his messy desk. “I need it to lock the Core of this empire I’ve worked so hard to build. You are going to do as I say.” 

 

 

    “No, I’m not. I’m not going to help you protect this ‘empire’ that you’ve built using the blood and bones of innocents. I’m not-"

 

 

    “Don’t you ing forget that your family’s lives are in my hands, Tuan.” 

 

 

    The agent froze, eyes widened in hidden fear for his loved ones. Part of Mark wanted to believe that there’s a human sleeping inside that Beast. That the human just needs to be awaken. Part of Mark wants to believe that Park Jinyoung was somewhere in there, fighting an internal battle against Chairman Park. Mark wants to believe. But he knew. He knew that there’s no such thing as humanity in the Chairman. Mark swallowed down the lump caught painfully in his throat, “don’t you ing dare.” 

 

 

    “Oh yeah? What you’re going to do? Kill me?” 

 

 

    “Damn sure I will.” 

 

 

    Chairman Park scoffed, picking up his fountain pen and twirling it between his slender fingers. The migraine was long gone, replaced by a surge of sadistic energy. “Cute.” 

 

 

    Mark glared, long and hard, anger and hatred mixed together in a bloody battle of dominance against the arrogance of a despicable monster. This wasn’t supposed to happen. Mark had thought… He had thought that something changed. He could have sworn something changed with the way Jinyoung would look at him sometimes. But he was wrong. Deadly wrong. Nothing changed. 

 

 

    Of course. 

 

 

    There never will be a change. 

 

 

    “I can make a quick phone call right now,” the Chairman sighed, “and your entire house will be flames. Don’t make things more complicated. All you have to do is make me some codes. That’s it. Easy.” 

 

 

    Shaking his head slowly, a disgusted look bored on Mark’s face. “You’re insane.” 

 

 

    The Chairman steered his eyes to look at Mark. The man burst out laughing, head thrown back and eyes closed in pure amusement. When he came to, he gave a light shook of his head and a soft chuckle, “I’ve been called worse.” 

 

 

    “You’re going to regret this, Park Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    “I know what choices I’ve made,” Jinyoung said, “there’s mistakes, but there’s never regrets.” 

 

 

    Mark wanted to say something. His mouth was itching to say something. There were so much Mark wanted to say. So much that he wanted to add to that lie that just spewed from Jinyoung’s mouth. Because no one else but Mark could hear the dripping pain behind each and every word. The torture behind that smirk. The broken pieces of that confidence. Mark could hear it, see it, know it all. But he kept all those truths to himself. Because this wasn’t his place. What is he to Jinyoung? He’s just a mere bodyguard. They meant nothing to each other. Mark's doing his job and Jinyoung does his own. There’s nothing that connected them together. They shouldn’t be stepping into each other’s comfort zone.They shouldn’t be crossing that awful boundary. They’re worlds apart. They’re too different. They’ll only breed destruction if their worlds collide. 

 

 

    But it did. 

 

 

    Sparing Jinyoung one last glance of contempt and disappointment, Mark turned, walking out of that suffocating room. He closed the door quietly behind him. Feelings crawling under his skin as he desperately suppressed them altogether. Mark shut his eyes, head resting against the closed door. Something overwhelming washed over him like a mad storm. It drowned him, ripped all the streams of oxygen from him, straggled him until his skin turned purple, weighted him down with its mighty wrath of violent waves, whipped him into oblivion. Mark felt drained. He couldn’t hold himself together. Never in his controlled, balanced life had something this toxic happened. And Mark knew exactly what it is. It’s the Destruction that Mark was afraid of. 

 

 

    “Why did our paths have to cross, Jinyoung?” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Jackson sighed, rubbing his face with his hands and groaned. Across from him, Bambam quirked an eyebrow. The older shook his head and sighed again. He stared at the screen of his laptop for the tenth time, eyes straining on each word typed in that opened email. An ugly feeling churned within his stomach. Jackson grimaced, “Mark is crazy. He gone crazy!” 

 

 

    “What’s up?” Bambam curiously leaned forwards, elbows on the dirty glass table. 

 

 

    “I emailed him the new info that we dug up and…” Jackson shook his head, lips pursing together helplessly. 

 

 

    “And?” 

 

 

    “Mark just put together a ing operation. Can you believe it? He’s literally by himself over there, and he’s just gonna go ahead and arrange Operation Dragon? Dragon! My dude! He went crazy! It must be the Chairman Park Effect.”

 

 

    Bambam got up from his seat and crossed over to his partner’s. “What operation?” 

 

 

    “Look!” Jackson angrily shoved the laptop, “he’s being reckless! It’s not him at all!” 

 

 

    Bambam scanned over the details of Operation Dragon sent by his Vice Captain Tuan. The file was very well-written and, to an extreme point, very convincing. Bambam didn’t find anything out-of-character about it. Everything was explained clearly and carefully. “I don’t know, man, maybe you worrying too much? Vice Cap seems to have it all under control.”

 

 

    Sighing again, Jackson ran a hand through his freshly dyed black hair, “no, I’m not the problem. It’s Mark. You don’t know him, but I do. This whole thing is bull. And he’s going to do it alone. He’s walking right into his death. I can’t let that happen-“

 

 

    “You don’t trust him?” 

 

 

    “No! It’s not that! I’m saying that Mark is rushing things. And rushing things never turns out right. Think about it, Bam. He’s in Jeju. Jeju, Bam. That island is the house to all the powerful businessmen, including Chairman Park. Not only that, Jeju is known within the government as a massive underground battlefield. Imagine all the illegal and cruel things you could. But times a thousand. The underground society over there is deadly. I’m surprised someone who’s a government agent like Park Jinyoung could even survive over there. They hate the government.” 

 

 

    “But Vice Cap is protected. He’ll be okay, right?” 

 

 

    “Yes, yes,” Jackson exhaled heavily, “he will. But not for long if his stupid decide to pull this Dragon. For ’s sake, he only got one man!” 

 

 

    “Should we…?” 

 

 

    Shaking his head, Jackson stood up and headed over to the window. Outside, the scorching Brazil sun pierced through the dense clouds. Jackson could feel the heat of the rays slowly climbing and clinging onto the window’s glass. “We can’t. We have to hold our ground here. Let’s not forget that those Brazilians caught on already.” 

 

 

    This time, Bambam let out a sigh, “you’re right.” He reloaded his handgun swiftly, “we’re in danger ourselves.” 

 

 

    Jackson grabbed his jacket and put it on, covering his bloodstained white tank top. “Break’s over. Pass me my Desert Eagle.” 

 

 

    “Let’s hope for the best to everyone.” 

 

 

    “Yeah,” a cold glare glazed over Jackson’s usual cheerful sparks. “If he’s really going to act on that stupid plan of his, then I better not hear news about his death.” He cocked his gun, holding it up in front of him towards the locked door, “or I’ll go to Hell and kill him myself.” 

 

 

    Bambam chuckled, “let’s see who’s going to Hell first,” beads of sweat rolled down the side of the younger’s face as he firmly gripped onto his gun, aiming it at the smoked window, “you or him?” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “You’re ing out of your mind, Mark!” 

 

 

    Mark pulled the phone away from his poor ear. “Jeez, Jaebum, calm down-"

 

 

    “Who the are you? What have you done to Mark Tuan?!” 

 

 

    Placing the phone back to his ear, Mark sighed, “you’re being ridiculous, like always. Stop overreacting, I’ll be fine-" 

 

 

    “No, you won’t,” Jaebum deadpanned, anger laced in every breath he took. “You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, Mark. I suggest you to burn that Operation and just forget-"

 

 

    “What? No," Mark scoffed, “this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity-"

 

 

    “Don’t pull that on me, Mark. I know you too well for this. Just. Stop-"

 

 

    “But Jaebum-"

 

 

    “YOU CAN’T JUST RISK YOUR ING LIFE JUST TO ROUND UP A GROUP OF MAFIA BOSSES IN ONE ROOM SO YOU COULD CATCH 'EM ALL!” 

 

 

    Again, Mark pulled the phone away from his ear. “Jaebum, can you please? I’m already tired all right? I don’t need this bull you’re pulling right now.” 

 

 

    Jaebum laughed, very sarcastically, “I’m pulling bull? I’m not the one who thinks he could one-handedly shut down a fifth of the underground society in one night. This Operation Dragon is stupid, Mark. You’re going to put yourself in danger. Look, if you really doing this, then at least make sure you could shut away half, not a ing one-fifth! Are you crazy?!” 

 

 

    “Why does everyone says that?” 

 

 

    “Because you’re crazy. You’re. Crazy.” 

 

 

    “No, I’m not-"

 

 

    “You know what, I should have known. The moment you left Seoul, you’re already crazy. I should have-"

 

 

    Frustrated, Mark threw his mechanical pencil at the TV. “Can you shut up? There’s nothing you could have done, okay?” He switched his phone over to the other ear, eyes staring at the mess of books and papers and writing utensils on the table. He’s tired. So so so tired. 

 

 

    A quick silence passed before Jaebum let out a sigh, “what are you doing?” 

 

 

    “Writing codes,” was Mark’s simple reply as he knocked his head back against the soft cushion of the couch. 

 

 

    “By hand? For what? What the ?” It’s not like it’s unbelievable. Jaebum knew how intelligent his best friend is. Mark is so smart that he could handwrite a full set of codes that equates to a thick book, a skill that not a lot of best-trained agents could do. But what’s confused Jaebum was that Mark wasn’t a person who would sit down and handwrite codes unless it’s very important. Very. Very. Very. Important. 

 

 

    Mark just sighed, eyes rolling, trying to beat the exhaustion, “Chairman Park.” 

 

 

    “He made you? But that’s not your job.”

 

 

    “Obviously.” 

 

 

    “Then-"

 

 

    “Shut up,” Mark snapped, “let me think.” 

 

 

    “Mark…” Jaebum’s worried voice wasn’t enough to put out the fire in Mark’s brain. “Stop. Rest. Continue tomorrow.” 

 

 

    “I’d love to.” 

 

 

    “Where’s Jinyoung?” 

 

 

    “Shower.”

 

 

    “Still?” 

 

 

    “Yeah.” 

 

 

    “When our call started, he was in the shower.” 

 

 

    “Your point?” 

 

 

    “Mark, our call started, like, an hour ago. Shouldn’t you be doing that thirty-minute protocol-"

 

 

    “Trust me,” Mark wanted to laugh and cry at the same time, “I don’t need to be doing any protocol relating to showers.” 

 

 

    “You sure?” There’s a hint of a teasing smile in the way Jaebum asked that. 

 

 

    If there’s a thing that Mark likes the most about his best friend is how understanding and sly Jaebum is without Mark having to explain anything. “Pretty sure.” 

 

 

    Jaebum laughed loudly, “nice one, Tuan!” 

 

 

    Mark rolled his eyes, but a small smile still danced upon his lips, “I didn’t see anything you tard.” 

 

 

    “Hmmm~ Sure you didn’t.” 

 

 

    “Jae-"

 

 

    “. I’m late.”

 

 

    “A date?” 

 

 

    “Yeah, sorry. I’ll talk to you later.” 

 

 

    “You boy.” 

 

 

    “Better a boy than a madman,” the ice in Jaebum’s statement was cold enough to probably froze Mark over the phone. “Please, think about it more. Though, I strongly suggest you to not do it at all. Mark, I’m worried-"

 

 

    “Got it, wife,” Mark smiled softly, drained physically and emotionally, “go have fun now. I can take care of myself.” 

 

 

    “Mark-"

 

 

    And Mark hung up, throwing his phone somewhere on the other side of the couch. A warm cup of coffee would be so nice right now, but when Mark turned his head to face the kitchen, a groan only left his lips. For some reason, the kitchen looked so far away. So he just gave up that thought. Mark sighed, cursing this reality that he had no control over. Why does it seems like everything’s against him? Where are the reliable allies? Does he even have anyone anymore? At this point, Mark accepted the fact that he’s alone. And this will be a Hell of a battle. 

 

 

    Glancing at the pages on the table, Mark admired the dark strings of letters and numbers decorating the mundane whiteness. He did half already. The easy half. The last part is a lot harder. Mark scoffed, dropping a hand over his face. Is this all he’s for? Is he this pitiful? Mark just wants to do something. Do something about this gnawing feeling that’s eating his soul away bits by bits. He can’t just let the virus spread. If it runs wild, it’ll be the end of him. He has to do something. Anything. 

 

 

    He’ll do anything to stop his heart from slowly bleeding dry. 

 

 

    But what could be done? 

 

 

    Everything’s already too late. 

 

 

    And it’s all his fault. 

 

 

    “You are crazy,” Mark told himself. “You’re,” he pulled himself up reluctantly and headed towards the TV, “really crazy, Mark.” Picking up the innocent mechanical pencil that was thrown earlier, a bitter smile couldn’t help but plastered weakly on Mark’s face. 

 

 

    Settling back down on the couch, the agent stretched a bit before returning to writing the codes. It’s going to be a long night. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Another dreamless night. Thank God, it’s another dreamless night. Nights like these are peaceful, a little comforting, just the way Jinyoung would prefer whenever he closes his eyes. He’d rather falling into an endless loop of darkness until the sun shines through the curtains than facing the horrors of his own doings whilst trapped in a constant wheel of pain rolling on his lifeless body. There's only so much pressure he could take at once. Eventually, his fuel would burns out, and what’s left won’t be able to support even a tiny piece of his broken soul. 

 

 

    He’ll reach his limit soon. And he’s scared. He’s scared that there won’t be anyone below to catch him once he finally falls from so high up. 

 

 

    But then again, who is he to blame? Didn’t he chose to walk by himself? 

 

 

    Yeah, he did. 

 

    

    So he can’t complain now, can’t he? 

 

 

    No, he can’t. 

 

 

    He can’t regret either. 

 

 

    Because he had choices for everything. 

 

 

    Because he-

 

 

    On reflex, Jinyoung jolted awake as he felt a weight on top of him, “what the -“ Immediately, his mouth was covered by a strong hand. Jinyoung’s eyes widened on full alert. He balled his fists, ready to take a swing at whatever’s on top of him. But before Jinyoung could even land a solid punch, his wrists were pinned down above his head. And just a split second after his wrists touched the mattress, Jinyoung felt the blanket swallowed him whole and the thing above, caging them under it. Squirming relentless and kicking his legs, Jinyoung bought time for his eyes to adjust carefully in this darkness. When his pupils dilated and hints of little streaks of light collected themselves within his orbs, allowing him to identify that unmovable object, Jinyoung’s blood boiled hotly as his skin burst into flames. “MARK?!” His scream muffled behind that firm hand. 

 

 

    “Shhh,” Mark hushed quietly, tightening his fingers around Jinyoung’s wrists and pressed down on the young master’s mouth. 

 

 

    Refusing to submit, Jinyoung thrashed wildly again, determinedly trying to break free, but it was no use. Because every time Jinyoung made an attempt, Mark’s thighs only pressed against his hips harder, trapping any possible movements from his lower body. And each time it happened, Jinyoung could feel his entire face burned with embarrassment. Who wouldn’t be? Mark was literally straddling him, pinning him down onto the mattress so effortlessly. And Lord have mercy, they’re under a ing thick blanket, so the limited space situation was pretty real. 

 

 

    Jinyoung’s patience wore thin as each seconds passed on. What the is Mark doing in his bed? And did Mark just ing attacked him in his sleep? What kind of bastardy move was this? But why the is Mark so ing strong?! Jinyoung glared, masking his embarrassment with anger as he forced his mouth open and bit Mark’s hand, eliciting a low hiss from the man above. It doesn’t take three seconds for Jinyoung to realize that was a bad idea. Because now, Mark’s slender fingers were really squeezing harshly on Jinyoung’s wrists. Jinyoung bit back a pained moan, catching his bottom lip between his teeth to deal with the pain on his wrists. It’ll definitely leave bruises for the days to come. 

 

 

    Mark shifted a bit, trying to get comfortable despite the building lack of air and moistness. The sudden motion crashed their chests together, closing any distance as the weight of the heavy blanket pressed down on Mark’s back. Mark rested an arm near Jinyoung’s head as support to keep his own body from fully falling on top. But when there’s gains, there’s losses. 

 

 

    Their eyes met in an intense stare, fighting for dominance with the fiery glint sparkling in their eyes. Jinyoung’s teeth still worrying his swollen bottom lip, generating the increasing pain on his wrists from Mark’s grip to his abused lip. His eyes never left Mark’s. 

 

 

    Something untamed stirred inside Mark. He was a hundred percent sure that Jinyoung wasn’t aware of the way he’s looking at Mark right now. Because with everything thrown aside, flushed cheeks, dilated eyes, and swollen red lips, is one fine look on Jinyoung. Mark swallowed softly, trying to breathe, because all of a sudden, he was holding his breath. All these emotions he’s been desperately suppressing sprung free, escaping from his grasps and flying over his head, mocking him and laughing in his face. Mark found himself lost in a cruel maze with no finish line. He’s stuck there, lost and helpless, for eternity. 

 

 

    Any more seconds. 

 

 

    And Mark will lose it. 

 

 

    He’s on the edge of a cliff, and right now, in this moment, he’s not afraid to fall. 

 

 

    Mark broke their stare first, eyes lowered slowly from Jinyoung’s glazed eyes to those worn-out crimson lips of nothing but sins. Unconsciously, he bit down on his own lip, inching closer and closer towards that forbidden fruit. Mark was putting everything on the line. He’s willing to risk it all. Because right now, this only matters. Because right now, Jinyoung only matters. Only Jinyoung. 

 

 

    If Jinyoung wasn’t breathing, Mark wouldn’t know. If Jinyoung’s throat tightened up, Mark wouldn’t know. If Jinyoung’s fingers were digging into his palms, Mark wouldn’t know. If Jinyoung’s thighs and arms were trembling and shivering with sheered tension, Mark wouldn’t know. If Jinyoung’s heart sudden thrived into life after being dead for so long, Mark wouldn’t know. But Jinyoung does. Jinyoung knows. And he’s more scared than anything. He’s scared of the fact that he turns into jelly in the presence of Mark. He’s scared of all the unavoidable effects Mark has on him. He’s scared. But at the same time, he never wants anything so bad before. Jinyoung could pretend this all didn’t happen when the sun rises. But right now, he wants this. Right now, he wants Mark. 

 

    

    Jinyoung stayed still, closing his eyes slowly and feeling the grip on his wrists softened, feeling Mark’s fingertips tracing small circles on his wrists in such tender motions that might have gotten his body reacting more sensitively. Jinyoung’s mind drew blank. Everything seemed to halt in its place. He couldn’t see, but he could feel the magnetic static of Mark’s lips ghosting just above his, almost touching but not touching. Almost-

 

 

    The cold air smacked right onto their burning bodies as the blanket was peeled off. Mark quickly removed himself from Jinyoung and jumped off the huge bed, landing an advantage dropkick on the intruder. The man dressed in black from head-to-toes fell right down but scrambled back up in a second, getting himself into offensive mode with his fists held in front of him. Mark exhaled, relieving himself from the tension earlier. Shaking his arms and legs to help this muscles relax, Mark eyed the intruder with vicious eyes and an arrogant smirk. 

 

 

    Taking up the challenge, the man launched forwards, attempting to grab the agent by his waist. However, Mark was a lot quicker. He spun halfway, waiting for the intruder to whizz passed him, then grabbed onto the man’s arms and kneed right in the ribcage. The intruder dropped again, this time, remained on the floor, arms wrapped around his torso, as he doubled over in soaring pain. Mark calmly walked over to turn on the lights, and nudged the intruder with his foot, turning the man on his back. The agent bent down and ripped off the black mask, revealing the intruder’s face. Mark pursed his lips and looked back at Jinyoung, who’s already sitting up and rubbing his sore wrist with his hand. 

 

 

    Jinyoung darted a glare towards Mark before snapping his attention on the man lying on the ground. “Who the sent you?” 

 

    

    The man didn’t say anything, instead, he kept groaning in pain. Jinyoung scoffed, rolling his eyes. It’s too late into the night to be dealing with this . The young master gave his bodyguard a tired look, which translated to something along the lines of “just call Jaehwan” before he let out a sigh and casted his eyes downwards emotionlessly. Mark nodded, picking the intruder up and dragged him downstairs. 

 

 

    The young master waited until the door of his closed before letting go a huge gulp of air he’s been holding for some particular reasons. “You’re going crazy, Jinyoung.” He placed a hand over his still wildly beating heart. “Insane.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “Why are you in here?” Jinyoung asked, staring suspiciously at Mark. The young master was about to settle in bed again, after hearing Jaehwan’s voice faintly a couple of minutes ago, until his door opened and Mark just casually walked in.  

 

 

    “Jaehwan told me to stay here just in case,” Mark shrugged, eyes looking all over the place but at Jinyoung. “So I’m staying.” 

 

 

    “I can take care of myself,” Jinyoung scoffed, finding it extremely ridiculous that Jaehwan didn’t trust his abilities of cold-bloodedly killing people. Jaehwan knew Jinyoung better. Mark probably just used the Head Bodyguard’s name as a lame excuse. 

 

 

    “Whatever,” Mark waved it off, “you’re welcome that I made it up to your room way faster than that man.” 

 

 

    “I could still handled him without you perfectly fine-"

 

 

    “I’m staying here anyways,” the agent finalized, plopping himself down onto a comfy armchair near the door. 

 

 

    Jinyoung didn’t wanted to admit it, but he was feeling conscious of himself as soon as Mark entered his room. He doesn’t know why, but he couldn’t help the nerves jumping and shocking all over his body. What had happened earlier under the blanket was still completely fresh in Jinyoung’s mind. There’s no way he could stay in the same room as Mark without probably freaking out. He has to make sure Mark wouldn’t try anything. 

 

 

    “You stay right where you are,” the young master warned, “if you dare to-"

 

 

    “Relax, I’m not going to do anything but sit here,” Mark put his arms up in an act of defense. “Who do you think I am? I have morals, jeez.” 

 

 

    Still a bit iffy about the whole sudden situation, Jinyoung decided to do it. Reaching over to his nightstand, the young master pulled a pair of metal handcuffs from under the lamp.

 

 

    Mark’s jaw dropped open in disbelief, “what the actual ?” 

 

 

    “For insurance,” Jinyoung said, making his way over to his bodyguard with the cuffs. He clamped one ring over Mark’s wrist and the other onto one arm of the chair. “That’s better.” 

 

 

    “This is bull,” Mark violently shook his wrist, creating clanging noises as the metal collided against the polished wood, “there’s no need to do this!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung shrugged, lips stretched to a little smile, “just in case.” 

 

 

    Mark stopped struggling, letting his hand dropped. His entire face painted in sarcasm. “Right. Being cuffed up is so comfortable.” 

 

 

    Ignoring the wrong route his mind had taken that comment, Jinyoung went back to his bed and slipped under the blanket. He laid on his side so his back was facing Mark. The lights were switched off, and everything eased into the peace of the darkness again. Although the calm sounds of the waves usually would be the source of the young master’s drowsiness, he still couldn’t fall asleep right now. Pouting, Jinyoung turned to his other side. Instantly, his eyes met with Mark’s sleeping face. Blinking a couple of times rapidly, Jinyoung continued staring at the peacefulness waltzing across his sworn enemy's gorgeous face. 

 

 

    He pulled his blanket up until only his head was peeking out. His eyes steadily just staring at a sleeping Mark. Jinyoung sighed, mumbling under his breath as his cheeks turned a little pinkish, “you’re a bodyguard… You’re not supposed to fall asleep before me…” But he’s enjoying just watching Mark sleeps, observing the soft rises and falls of the agent’s chest. 

 

 

    Jinyoung doesn’t know how long he was watching for. He just watched and watched, just watching the gentle features on Mark’s face, just admiring the graciousness of a sleeping angel, just taking in such defined beauty and calmness that someone he hates could poured upon him. He watched and watched until his eyelids felt heavy. With a soft sigh, Jinyoung drifted off into another dreamless night. But this time was different. 

 

 

    Tonight was different. 

 

 

    For the first time, Jinyoung didn’t felt like he was up against the world alone. 

 

 

    For the first time, Jinyoung felt truly at peace. 

 

 

    For the first time, Jinyoung felt safe. 

 

 

    And for the first time, Jinyoung felt like he’s home.