f u r y

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Y'all get ready for next chapter~ 

But enjoy this one and leave feedbacks~ 

Thank you~

Tune in Tuesday~

###

 

 

 

 

 

    “I was stupid to believed in you,” Jinyoung said as soon as he sat down for his usual lunch with his of a best friend. 

 

 

    Youngjae looked up from his fries and raised an eyebrow, “what? I thought I did great.” 

 

 

    The agent scoffed, “great flirting with him, yes. Everything else? No. You did terrible.” 

 

 

    “Oh~ Is the Mister jealous, perhaps~” 

 

 

    “Who said I was…” 

 

 

    “Your red face, Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    Hands flying up to cup his burning cheeks, Jinyoung pouted. “Not fair!” 

 

 

    “What do you mean? Just admits that you like him already! You’re being annoying.” 

 

 

    “I d-don’t like him!” 

 

 

    “Okay, my bad. You love him.”

 

 

    “No!” 

 

 

    Youngjae sighed, finally tearing his eyes from his basic lunch to look directly at his best friend’s flustered face. “You know what I think? I think Mark-hyung is an amazing person. You need someone who’s great at cooking and just socializing in general? He got you. You need someone whose every word sounds so thoughtful and intelligent every time he opens his mouth? He got you. You need someone who’s understanding and considerate? He got you. You need someone who cares deeply for you? He got you. You need someone who loves you from the moon and back? He definitely got you. Most importantly, Mark-hyung loves you for who you are. I’m pretty sure he knows who the other you is, but despite that, he still fell so hard for you. He loves you unconditionally. Regardless of everything, he still puts you before himself. Mark-hyung loves you, and I know it. The way he looks at you throughout the whole night surprised me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so ing in love.”

 

 

    “You got all that just from one dinner?” Jinyoung tried to sound lighthearted, like Youngjae’s words totally didn’t affect him at all. 

 

 

    “You’ve never actually been in love, so you wouldn’t know,” the trainee doctor rolled his eyes and picked up his burger. “Wait. You can’t love. The life you’re living is too dangerous for you to show weakness. Though, it’s too late to be saying that now, right? Because you love Mark-hyung, too.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “You won’t admit it. And I understands. This is all too new to you. There’s also the downside of it, since you’re still basically a criminal in disguise. But you know, it hurts me to see you trying so hard to push Mark-hyung away. I want you to be happy, hyung. And I swears to you, out of all the damn years I’ve been with you, you’ve never been so happy with someone before. Not even with me. But last night, you were so, so, so ing happy. Behind all your constant blushing and tsudere bull, the way you snuck glances at Mark-hyung was pretty cute.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    Taking Jinyoung’s silence as the cue to continue, Youngjae smiled genuinely at his beloved hyung. “I really like Mark-hyung, and nothing is going to change my mind about him. You can’t change my mind about him. Nobody’s pushing you into this. You might think Mark-hyung is, but he’s not. He just knows exactly how you feel about him. If anything, he’s helping you through this. He’s helping you to break down those remaining walls. He’s helping you to realize it’s okay to love him. See? He understands you too well. He knows you’re suffering, and he just wants to set you free. Your wings are chained down. And Mark-hyung knows the way to break those tiring chains. He wants to save you. So for the love of God, Jinyoung-hyung, please, just stop struggling and fall. Someone’s ready to catch you.” 

 

 

    “I can’t,” for the first time in a long time, Jinyoung felt like he had lost control of the world. He laughed. A laughter that resonated the clear restraint and bitterness of the misery he carried on his numb shoulders. “You might be right. I don’t know. But I can’t. I can’t do what you and Mark want me to do. It’s not… It’s not that simple.” 

 

 

    Immediately, Youngjae reached over to grab Jinyoung’s shaking hands. “Hey, it’s okay. I told you, I understands. And Mark-hyung does, too. Like I said, no one is pushing this onto you. Go at your own pace. All I’m saying is that, if you let Mark-hyung go, I can promise you that you’ll never find someone else as perfect as him. Imagine another person who could love you for who you are. I honestly can’t. Sounds cruel, but that’s just how it is. I strongly believe that you and Mark-hyung met for a reason, you know. You two fit each other so damn well.” 

 

 

    “That’s the thing…” Looking down at the table, Jinyoung’s lips lifted up in a small smile. But that smile was gone as soon as it came. The realization of who he actually is struck him like lightning. He knows it himself that he shouldn’t be staying off from the main road. He can’t be distracted. Can’t afford to fall. 

 

 

    “Hyung…”

 

 

    “I can’t do it. I’m sorry.” 

 

 

    With a sympathetic smile, Youngjae gave Jinyoung’s hands a little squeeze, “hey, it’s okay.” 

 

 

    “I’m…” 

 

 

    If there’s anything Youngjae knew about Jinyoung more than anyone else, then it would be when Jinyoung’s about to breakdown. Youngjae stood up and dragged his best friend out of his seat. He’s counting the seconds he have to get Jinyoung out of the public’s eyes. Pulling his best friend inside of a random records room, Youngjae locked the door abruptly. He turned back to his best friend, whose head hung low and heavy. Youngjae pulled Jinyoung into a hug, petting his best friend’s hair gently to calm him. 

 

 

    Jinyoung held on and cried. He hates himself for being so weak. Hates himself for being so sensitive when it comes to his feelings for Mark. Hates himself for breaking down a lot more often now that Mark walked into his life. Hates himself for… Hates himself for falling so deeply in love with someone he knows he can’t have. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “Orders came,” Jaebum passed the folder to Mark. 

 

 

    Flipping through the pages, Mark furrowed his eyebrows in deep thought. “Of course they would push the dirty works to us.” 

 

 

    “We’re disposable, I guess,” the Captain sighed and plopped down on the couch. “But whatever. More credits and recognitions to us. Not all things have to be bad.” 

 

 

    Mark scoffed, closing the folder, “except they’re throwing us into the mouths of hungry wolves this time, huh. It’ll be amazing if all of our team even make it out alive.”

 

 

    “Can’t be that bad. The entire K.N.S.S. know our team is the most capable.” 

 

 

    “Don’t get cocky, Bummie. That’s usually how everything ends up going the opposite way you would want. How about this… Just let me go alone-"

 

 

    “No. We’re not having this stupid conversation.”

 

 

    “But-"

 

 

    “Mark, after what happened in Jeju with you trying to do some grand by yourself, I don’t think I have the heart to let you do anything alone.” Jaebum looked at Mark with all the seriousness and concern mixed within. 

 

 

    “I’m the best one you got.” 

 

 

    “Wrong. I have Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    Rolling his eyes, Mark threw the folder on to the coffee table in front of the couch. “Just let me-"

 

 

    “Conversation over. I’ll have Jinyoung and half of the team go.” 

 

 

    “Jaebum-"

 

 

    “If you worry your little lover boy’s going s s up, which he never does by the way, then you can tag along. That’s it. You can go with Jinyoung and half of the team or sit your down. Going alone is not an option. Don’t let me catch you sneaking out alone. You’re my best friend, and I love you to death. That’s why I’m doing this. Mark, I’d rather see you in one piece.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    “Mark?”

 

 

    “Understood, Captain.” 

 

 

    “Good. Now go get ready. Jinyoung should be back from lunch soon. You all will set out together about an hour after.” 

 

 

    Mark nodded, unable to find a way out of this. He’s fine with going with the team. But with Jinyoung? No ing way. That’s too much distraction. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “All right, split up evenly between Mark and I,” Jinyoung commanded, “stay with your Vice Captain at all times. This is a dangerous place, and many people been ting us that we won’t all make it out. Let’s show them who’s the ing idiots.” Vice Captain Park was never a person for prep talk. He just thought they all sort of need one right now, since this mission wasn’t just a simple raid like they used to. It was a mission that the whole K.N.S.S. avoided. Of course, JYP just had to pick it up. So if everyone dies, then blame JYP.

 

 

    The teams were split and geared up properly in front of the black SUVs that they arrived in. Jinyoung finished first. He walked around checking on everyone, making sure they all took the necessities. Stopping about a couple feet away from Mark’s team, Jinyoung hesitated for a bit. Releasing the breath he’s been holding, Jinyoung walked forwards uneasily. “Hey.” 

 

 

    Mark turned around at the greeting. Realizing who it was, he smiled, “hey.” 

 

 

    “Good luck,” Jinyoung said, sincerity laced every single letter. 

 

    

    “You, too,” Mark nodded assuringly, “see you out here.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung wanted to say something else, because he knew the moment they step foot inside that building, it’ll be hard to know if they all would come out. Just in case if anything goes wrong… Just in case. Jinyoung closed the remaining distance between them and bravely wrapped his arms around Mark’s body. “Thank you,” he whispered softly. 

 

 

    Smiling at the overwhelming cuteness, Mark patted Jinyoung’s back, “you’re overreacting. All of us are great agents. We’ll be fine. Though… Thank you for the hug. You smell good.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung blushed and pulled them apart. He cleared his throat, “okay, um, you, uh, ready?” 

 

 

    “Always,” Mark winked, “stay safe in there. Love you~” 

 

 

    If Jinyoung was still pretending to be the cool Vice Captain that he is, then it’ll be so much easier to react to Mark’s boldness. But he wasn’t. So the entire team witnessed how red his face became. None of them said anything, though. Just hiding their little giggles behind their hands. They knew better than to anger their mean Vice Captain Park. 

 

 

    “Stop joking like that…” Jinyoung felt the need to put a bullet through his brain from all his embarrassment. 

 

 

    Shrugging, Mark pulled Jinyoung to the side, where nobody’s attention was on them. “I’m serious. I love you,” he said, more firmly and confident, “so please, make sure to come back to me?” 

 

 

    They shared the longest stare, forgetting that they had a mission to attend to. Because all they cared about was each other. Everything else was irrelevant. Time probably stopped flowing at some point. For the first time, Jinyoung wasn’t scared of the way Mark was softly looking at him. Jinyoung felt it. Felt the need to have this moment last forever and ever. Can he really do it? Can he really just fall? Will someone catch him? Will-

 

 

     it. 

 

 

    “I’ll come back to you,” Jinyoung said with a gentle smile, hand reaching up to touch Mark’s cheek. “And when I come back, I promise I’ll start being honest with you.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Somehow, the team lost each other. Damn the traps that were set up. Now everyone was all over the place. At least in Mark’s team. The moment they moved from the first floor to the second floor, they were ambushed from all directions. Everyone automatically split up in order to lure the opponents away. Mark happened to run up the stairs to the third floor, since he was the closest to the staircase. A group of masked men followed him, after they detected that he was the leader. He fought off all of them and continued running up stairs after stairs. Finally stopping, Mark realized he ran five flights of stairs. The team’s definitely lost its leader now. Hopefully, everyone could manage for a while. 

 

 

    Mark cursed the K.N.S.S. for being a bunch of and backed out on some band of terrorists. He also cursed Jaebum for dragging everyone into this mess. Mark could have just handled this whole thing by himself. And it’ll be convenient since it’s only him. If he happened to fail, it’s only his life that’s lost. Though, there’s no need to worry. Mark never fails. 

 

 

    Slowly making his way through this empty floor, Mark took extra caution. These bastards were a lot more prepared than he had expected. That ambush was enough to prove it. They managed to separate the entire team. Mark hoped Jinyoung’s team didn’t meet the same fate. Probably not, since Jinyoung and his team entered through the back of the building. And it looked like most of the criminals gathered near the front. Thank God Mark decided to take the front. He’d rather he die than Jinyoung. 

 

 

    “Sir!” The voice rang loudly through Mark’s earpiece. 

 

 

    “…” Mark lowered his voice, “where are you?” 

 

 

    “I’m not quite sure. I ran a little too far. Where are you, sir?” 

 

 

    “The seventh floor. Are you still on the second?” 

 

 

    “I don’t think so. I ran up one floor.” 

 

 

    “Okay, stay there, I’m coming down. Who’s with you?” 

 

 

    “Just me, sir. Can’t connect to the others…”

 

 

    Cursing under his breath, Mark knew he should have tried harder to protest against Jaebum. “Stay there. Don’t ing go anywhere. I’m coming down.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir!” 

 

    

    Then the earpiece went quiet, and Mark prayed that it’s just the connection and not something worse. Moving quickly, Mark found himself by the stairs again. He didn’t waste anymore seconds. By the time he made it to the fourth floor, a loud bang caught his attention. He stopped, contemplating whether or not it’s smart for him to go check it out. Well, he have a fully loaded gun and a knife. Enough to put up a decent fight. Mark turned from the stairs and entered the fourth floor. This better not be the wrong decision. 

 

 

    Pulling out his gun, Mark approached the noise. He stuck close to the wall, gun held securely in his hands as his arms pressed against his chest. Mark stopped directly outside of the room with all the loud noises. Another loud bang. It was the sound of gun being fired. On instinct, Mark busted open the metal door and rushed in, pointing his gun right at the source of that shot. As soon as his eyes adjusted to the scene in front, Mark thought his heart stopped beating. 

 

 

    Jinyoung. 

 

 

    Jinyoung…

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “,” Jinyoung spat, throwing down the gun next to the motionless body at his feet. That was the last bullet. Searching himself, Jinyoung cursed again. He’s weaponless. Regrets of wasting that last bullet started clawing at his throat. Why wasted that last bullet when he’s capable of just twisting that er’s neck? Shaking his head, Jinyoung sighed and turned towards the door he came in from. He looked up and… 

 

 

    A gun was pointed at his direction. 

 

 

    No, it was pointed at him. 

 

 

    That wasn’t what made his heart shattered like glass. 

 

 

    What hurts was the person who’s wielding the gun at him. 

 

 

    The intensity of Mark’s gaze clawed at Jinyoung’s eyeballs. Chills ran down his spine. Thorns thrived from inside his guts and poked through his organs mercilessly. His skin scorched in flames along with his dying heart. Is this how everything’s going to end? Is this how he’s going to go? Is this Mark’s… Is this Mark’s final decision? 

 

 

    Jinyoung was speechless. And hurt. Seeing the gun aimed straight at him… Seeing how steady the aim was… Seeing that determination in Mark’s eyes… Seeing… Just seeing Mark holding him at gunpoint. Just seeing how pathetic he must have looked right now. Just seeing. And realizing. 

 

 

    Of course. 

 

 

    Someone like him shouldn’t live. 

 

 

    And someone like Mark would never miss such a great opportunity. 

 

 

    The walls to Jinyoung’s heart came crumbling down at Mark’s feet. He’s defenseless. No protection. Nothing to stop Mark from putting that bullet through his brain. There was nothing in between them except the gun. Jinyoung understood. He really did. He won’t blame Mark, because he knew it himself how much of a ferocious Beast he is. He deserved this. This would set him free. 

 

 

    Free from the actual monster that is the Chairman. 

 

 

    Free from this disgusting life he’s trapped in. 

 

 

    Free from everything. 

 

 

    And maybe then, Jinyoung could breathe again. 

 

 

    Jinyoung could see the films of memories rolling in Mark’s eyes. Mark was probably rewinded back to all the things he’d witnessed on that island. All the things he witnessed Jinyoung done. All the things that Jinyoung wished never had happened. If he could relive his life again, he swears to kill himself before his parents left Park Group to him. He swears to actually go through with splitting his wrists during his Junior year of high school instead of just thinking about it. He swears to make it so painful, so he could repent for the innocent blood that stained his hands. He swears-

 

 

    Jinyoung shut his eyes, a tear rolled down his cheek, as Mark pulled the trigger. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    When the echo died down, Mark watched the body dropped to the floor. Blood started pooling the body within seconds. It was a perfect hit. Mark didn’t think he’d make it. But he did. Despite the drumming of his heart in his ears, he did it. 

 

 

    Mark moved his gaze from the dead body to Jinyoung, who still had his eyes closed. Didn’t know if he should cry or laugh, maybe a bit of both, Mark walked forwards. His heart hurts. He couldn’t believe it. Even after everything he had done for Jinyoung… Even after he poured his entire heart out to Jinyoung… Yet… 

 

 

    The hate Jinyoung has for himself was far too great. 

 

 

    Stopping right in front of Jinyoung, Mark sighed, waiting for the other to open his eyes. Took a couple more seconds, but Jinyoung slowly opened his eyes. Mark thought Jinyoung’s eyes were so beautiful, like little crystals sparkling under the sun. 

 

 

    Jinyoung looked alarmed and confused. He looked back behind him and gasped a little after seeing the dead man sprawled next to the other dead men. Jinyoung turned back to look at Mark with his eyes widened. He opened his mouth and closed it, unable to force any words out. He was so sure Mark was…

 

 

    Mark scoffed painfully and pulled Jinyoung into his embrace, “you ing bastard. Why are you like this? Do you hate yourself that much that you thought I would kill you? How could you be so cruel, Park Jinyoung? Have I not make myself clear?” He pulled away and cradled Jinyoung’s cheeks in his hands. “How many ing times should I tell you that I love you for you to stop thinking like this? Tell me, Jinyoung-ah. How many ing times?” 

 

 

    “I… I,” tears brimmed at Jinyoung’s eyes as he tried to hold himself together. But Mark’s touch was so kind, so comforting, that he felt as if all the air was out of him. “H-how… Mark, how could you love me so much? I don’t-don’t deserve y-your love, Mark.” 

 

 

    “Stop it. I don’t want to hear it. I’m tired of this bull, Jinyoung,” Mark couldn’t take another second of Jinyoung shedding tears right in front of him. “I don’t care what you say. You can’t control my feelings. I love you. And I will always love you. You’re you. I love you. I don’t care who else you could become. But Park Jinyoung, I love you.” 

 

 

    “You’re a ing idiot,” Jinyoung dropped his head on Mark’s shoulder, choking out words through the constricting feeling at his throat, “you’re an idiot. And I ing hate you. I hate you so ing much. I hate that I… I hate that… I ing hate that I ing love you so ing much, Mark Tuan! Look what you’ve done!” 

 

 

    Mark froze. Did he heard that right… Wait. Hold up. What-

 

 

    Suddenly, the metal door slammed shut. The fire alarm in the room went wild. The fire suppression system was switched on. The vents on all four walls of the room snapped open, out all the oxygen. They both immediately separated from each other. Mark took off his suit jacket, balled it up, and held it over his nose and mouth to conserve some air for himself. Jinyoung reached into the pockets inside his suit jacket and pulled out a breather. Jinyoung took off the cap of the breather and put his mouth on the opening. It wasn’t much. It’s all the oxygen supply he got, but it’s enough for him to look for a way out. He was proud of himself for thinking about bringing this device. 

 

 

    Looking over at Mark, Jinyoung was embarrassed about what he had just blurted out seconds ago. Probably sensing eyes on him, Mark looked back at Jinyoung. The younger panicked and turned away, hurriedly pressing his hands all over the wall to search for a switch. In normal situation, Mark would be so amused but now wasn’t the time. But Mark’s heart skipped a beat. He kept it as a reminder to make Jinyoung said those words again after they escaped from whatever the this place is. 

 

 

    A minute rolled by, and Mark could really feel the dizziness kicking in fast. He’s running out of oxygen. His arms felt weak. Mark dropped to his knees, hand still pressing his jacket against his face. Jinyoung noticed and quickly rushed over. Without second thoughts, Jinyoung let go of the breather and passed it to Mark. As soon as Mark regained a bit of conscious from the oxygen through the breather, he held the jacket to Jinyoung’s face. They shared a look, telling each other that there’s no switch in the room. Mark nodded, pulling Jinyoung down to sit beside him. Taking turns, they shared the breather, trying to keep themselves alive. They shared the mentality that help was on the way. 

 

 

    Another ten minutes, the breather slowly started running out of oxygen. Jinyoung was trying to pass the breather back to Mark, but only to be stopped by Mark’s strong hands. Shaking his head, Mark kept the breather on Jinyoung’s mouth. Jinyoung was confused for a bit until he started struggling against Mark, because he knew what Mark was doing. Jinyoung struggled for a while, until Mark’s hand just went limp. Catching Mark in his arms, Jinyoung removed the breather and put it on Mark. A few seconds later, Mark grabbed at Jinyoung’s jacket and pulled him down. Their faces were so close to each other. The eyes melted into each other’s existence. Jinyoung tried to hold himself up, so he won’t fall right on top of Mark. But the lack of oxygen got the best of him. 

 

 

    They stayed with one of them on top of the other on the floor for long. Because the next thing the vents released was poison. Mark passed the breather to Jinyoung and got up, holding an exhausted Jinyoung in his arms. The poison spread like wildfire. Throwing an arm over his nose and mouth, Mark made a quick scan of the room. As if on cue, a gas mask fell from the ceiling. However, there’s only one. 

 

 

    Mark sat Jinyoung up against the wall to cross the room for the mask. He retrieved it and came back to where Jinyoung was. At first, Jinyoung tried to push the mask away, but ultimately ended up letting Mark puts it on him, because he could barely fight at the moment. Again, like with the breather, they took turns with the gas mask. Jinyoung just puts it on for, probably, the hundredth time, before someone started banging the door. 

 

 

    “Vice Captain?!” 

 

 

    Washed over with relief, Mark sprinted to the door and banged back as a respond. 

 

 

    “Hang in there! Captain and back-ups are here! We’re breaking in!” 

 

 

    Banging on the door again, Mark made sure to give Jaebum a bunch of later. He turned back to Jinyoung. Except Jinyoung wasn’t sitting there anymore. Confused, Mark got caught off-guard as Jinyoung approached from behind and securely strapped the mask on his face. After he was sure the mask couldn’t be taken off within mere seconds, Jinyoung stepped back a bit. He gave Mark a soft smile… 

 

 

    “Jinyoung!” Mark shouted, eyes bulged in horror as Jinyoung’s body dropped to the floor. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “MOVE! ING MOVE!” Youngjae pushed past a bunch of agents and paramedics to get to his best friend. He did not gave up his entire afternoon to witness his best friend’s death. The hospital better be grateful that Youngjae was picked to go aid the K.N.S.S. agents on an emergency, or else all Hell would have broken loose. Also, Youngjae would love to have a talk with the person who thought this whole mission was a ing good idea. 

 

 

    The path cleared for the angry trainee doctor, scared of whatever wrath they might have awaken. Youngjae looked around and finally spotted the person he’s been desperately looking for. His heart dropped. 

 

 

    “Youngjae!” Mark called, still holding a passed-out Jinyoung close to him, “hurry! Come on!” 

 

 

    “Hyung! What happened? How can I help?” Setting down the duffle bag of medical stuff, Youngjae tried to stay calm, but his hands were shaking while he’s ping the bag.

 

 

    “He’s poisoned. I don’t know which kind, but just mix whatever you have to regain his conscious first. Please, Youngjae, hurry,” Mark was awfully calm, but inside, he was slowly dying with Jinyoung. Looking down at Jinyoung in his arms, Mark cursed himself for being so damn careless. He should have known that Jinyoung would pull this kind of stunt. He should have known that Jinyoung was willing to sacrifice for him. 

 

 

    After a minute or so, Youngjae made a mixture of some medicinal liquids that could stop the flow of the poison for a couple of hours. He wasn’t sure what he mixed together, but he hoped it’s something helpful. It could end up doing the opposite, but Youngjae was too out of it to actually thought everything through. Basically, he just left it in the hands of Lady Luck. He poured the mixture out in a small bowl and quickly handed it off to Mark. 

 

 

    Taking the bowl, Mark brought it up to Jinyoung’s lips. A couple of tries, forcing the medicine bits by bits, Mark started to lose his patience. Which wasn’t normal. He never loses patience. Not for anything. But this was different. Jinyoung wasn’t even swallowing the medicine. It drove Mark insane. Because every damn second counts. 

 

 

    “Mark-hyung, I don’t think it’s working…” The colors drained from Youngjae’s face. This really can’t be happening. This can’t be the day he had to witness his best friend’s death. Other than Jinyoung, Youngjae didn’t have anyone else he could call a true friend. Without Jinyoung, Youngjae was as good as nothing. 

 

 

    “ this,” Mark huffed, and in the heat of the moment, he took things into his own hands. 

 

 

    Mark switched it up. Pretty sure there were a lot more ways to do this, but it all. His muddled mind could only think of this at the moment. Mark drank the entire bowl, leaving the liquid sitting inside his mouth. He held Jinyoung’s head firmly in his hand, while the other hand gently grabbed the younger’s jaw. With time still ticking, Mark was going to make the most out of it. 

 

 

    He leaned down and pressed his mouth against Jinyoung’s, forcing it open to pass the medicine. His hand slid down from Jinyoung’s jaw to his neck, it softly to ease the swallow. Slowly but steadily, Mark moved his lips, continued to directly feeding the medicine to Jinyoung. When he was almost done, he felt a surprised response. He opened his eyes a little to see Jinyoung’s eyebrows furrowed, showing signs of waking up. So Jinyoung was somewhat still unconscious. That explains why he’s kissing back. Cupping Jinyoung’s cheek, Mark pressed their lips harder together, deepening the interaction to force down the last drop of that bitter medicine. It was an open-mouth, so accidentally, some tongue action happened to slip pass. Completely unintentional. 

 

 

    Jinyoung opened his eyes. The first thing he’s greeted with was a gorgeous face of the person he’s trying to avoid for, probably, the rest of his life. But that wasn’t the problem now. Their faces were so close to each other’s… And… Their… Their lips… Lips...

 

 

    “MHMM!” Jinyoung panicked, arms thrashing and pushing at Mark’s chest. He broke them apart. His heart went mad and entire body flushed a deep red. He stared in shock at Mark, who looked a little breathless. “What… What the… Mark, wha-what w-were you doing?!” He was still in Mark’s arms. Probably looking like an idiot with his hand shaking and covering his mouth. His head started swimming and all he could think of was the softness of Mark’s ridiculously tempting heart-shaped lips. Jinyoung was so ed. 

 

 

    “Thank God you’re awake,” Mark just let out a sign of relief.

 

 

    “N-no! What were-were you doing-"

 

 

    “Oh, my ing God,” Youngjae’s jaw dropped to the floor, “you guys did not just made out in front of me just now… Jesus ing Christ. Please, tell me you two didn’t-"

 

 

    “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Mark shrugged innocently, even though anyone could clearly see that devilish glint in his eyes. “I was just trying to help him take his medicine.” 

 

 

    Youngjae broke into a wide grin, “Jinyoung-hyung, Mark-hyung’s a ing keeper! Marry him, please!”