s c o r n

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: 

I love how ya'll have such little faith in me with this series lol.

So, I'm going to say this loud and clear... I WILL NOT DROP OPERATION, OKAY? SO, DON'T WORRY. Sure, I neglected it, but I WILL. NOT. DROP. IT. The OPERATION series mean a lot to me... There's no way I'll leave it unfinished. I will finish it no matter how long. 

And thank you all my precious readers for being so, so, so, patient with me~

Also, this will disappoint many, but... I've decided to put US on a semi-hiatus... Again, it doesn't mean I'm dropping it. It's just I want to write HATE for a while, and the writer's block been coming in strong lately for US. Hopefully, the wait won't be too long. But if you miss me writing 2Jae, no worries, I'm currently working on a new 2Jae, so, yeah, there's that. 

Anyways, here's the update! Enjoy and leave a lot of comments~ 

###

 

 

 

 

 

 

    “All right, I got it, bye,” a sigh followed as Jaebum hung up the phone. He pocketed the device and turned off the engine of his car. What a great way to start a Friday night. Jaebum had hoped for a peaceful night, but of course, his Vice had other plans. 

 

 

    Ironic. 

 

 

    Jaebum was expecting Mark’s call all day but received Jinyoung’s instead. Rolling his eyes, the agent got out of his car. No time to get hung up over how his own best friend seemed to forget his existence. His stomach’s been growling nonstop since he left K.N.S.S. headquarters. He’ll just have a carefree dinner before burying his nose into those documents Jinyoung’s about to send him, because "they’re business partners." Jaebum wanted to scoff when Jinyoung referred to them so. What business partners? More like Jaebum was unfortunate and got caught up with the most dangerous man on Earth, and now that man is using him as a personal slave. Jaebum wondered if Jinyoung had broken the contract between their companies like he had said. Probably not. This is Chairman Park. That Beast would never let go of anything that’s deemed useful to him. And Im Jaebum is that useful aspect. 

 

 

    “Captain Im?” 

 

 

    The agent turned his head at the awfully familiar voice. “You’re…?” 

 

 

    “Hello, I’m Bae Suzy,” the female agent introduced herself with a lovely smile, “I’m a trainee agent. You’ve judged at one of my trainings before, Captain.” 

 

 

    Jaebum ran the films in his head, trying to see if he could dug up the memories of that day. When he did, though, a impressed smile spread across his face. “Ah… I know who you are. How could I forget? You’re the one with the perfect score in that training test. Congratulations, by the way, you were outstanding.” 

 

    

    Suzy lowered her head humbly, “thank you, sir. It’s an honor to be praised by you.” 

 

 

    “Keep up the good work,” Jaebum said, “you might end up on my team.” 

 

    

    “Sir, you’re expecting too much…” 

 

 

    “No, I’m serious. I’d love to have you on my team. It’s been a while since we’ve gotten anyone new. You’ll be a great addition with your skill sets.” 

 

 

    “Thank you, sir… I don’t know what else to say.” 

 

 

    The Captain shook his head with a smile, “just work hard.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir!” 

 

 

    “Good,” Jaebum nodded. “Here for dinner?”

 

 

    Looking around, Suzy replied, “yes, sir. I have a date.” 

 

 

    “Oh… Okay, sorry if I’m interrupting it. I hope your boyfriend wouldn’t mind?” 

 

 

    “No problem, sir. Youngjae isn’t that type of person.” 

 

 

    Something clicked in Jaebum’s mind. Why does… “Who? What’s his name again?”

 

 

    “Young-“

 

 

    Suzy didn’t get to finish her sentence when Jaebum’s phone rung again. Jaebum offered a small apologetic smile and whispered a “goodbye” before excusing himself to pick up the call. “Hello-“

 

 

    “Jaebum,” a quiet exhaled from the other side of the line already had Jaebum guessing who it was. 

 

    

    “Oh,” Jaebum rolled his eyes, “now you call? You’re such an , Tuan.”  

 

 

    “Stop acting like my wife. Save yourself some face, Im.” 

 

 

    “Wife? , I’m your husband!

 

 

    “Since when were we married? I don’t want a husband like you.” 

 

 

    “Haha. for you, because you’re stuck with my annoying .”

 

 

    Mark scoffed, “I’m not stuck with you, Jaebum.” 

 

 

    Jaebum pursed his lips, “how's it going?” 

 

 

    “Hell. I want to go home. Get me the out of here.” 

 

 

    As much as he felt bad for his best friend, there weren’t anything Jaebum could do. He’d talked to Jinyoung earlier and did mentioned for Mark to fly back a bit earlier. But for some reason that Jaebum’s still trying to figure out, Jinyoung got all sensitive about it and growled into the ing phone. And so, that was the end of that. Jaebum’s sorry he failed to buy Mark a golden ticket back, but right now, he feared Chairman Park more. 

 

 

    “Tell me about it.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

 

 

    

 

 

    “Who were you talking to?” Youngjae questioned out of curiosity, finally arrived at their meeting place. He looked after the retreating back of a man clad in a black suit. 

 

 

    “Oh, just my Captain.” 

 

 

    “Your Captain? You got promoted? Since when?” 

 

 

    Suzy grinned, planting a kiss on Youngjae’s cheek, “soon-to-be Captain.” 

 

 

    Youngjae just laughed, pulling his girlfriend by her waist and kissed her lips, “ambitious. Good luck, babe.” 

 

 

    She giggled into their kiss, “thank you~” 

 

 

    A part of her knew how wrong this was. After what she had done, there’s no way everything was the way it was before. The guilt gnawed at her chest as the hands on the clock moved. Suzy could feel everything slowly collapsing around her. Including her love for her perfect boyfriend. 

 

 

    But what’s worse about it all was that at the end of the tortuous day, she had no regrets over what she’d done. At all. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Anger peeled off his skin, threatened every matter in his way to melt from the damn hotness. Jinyoung strode down the hallway of his buyer’s warehouse with red in his eyes. It’s too late in the afternoon on a Saturday to be dealing with this . Not only did the representative of his buyer refused to reach a negotiation, the bastard dared to humiliate Jinyoung. Lucky that Jinyoung’s side were the ones who screwed up, or else that would have gotten a mouthful of the Chairman’s fist down his throat. 

 

 

    “Mister Chairman!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung stopped, rolling his eyes, trying to maintain his temper, “what more bull do you want to say, President Ryu?” 

 

 

    “Just want to remind you that you ed up, not us, so don’t be giving attitude,” President Ryu smirked, loving the anger glinting within the eyes of the top predator of the food chain. 

 

 

    “I know,” Jinyoung clenched his jaw, balling his fists to calm himself. “But the audacity you have is very daring, Ryu.” 

 

 

    An obnoxious laugh erupted from the man’s throat, “don’t mind me. I’ve been waiting for you to up. It’s a great sight, seeing such an untouchable phoenix with its wings broken.” 

 

 

    “You.” That was it. Jinyoung turned to face President Ryu, an ugly glare shone in his pretty eyes. “You got the nerve?” 

 

 

    “Sir,” Mark quickly grabbed the Chairman’s elbow, pulling the male back, “this isn’t the time.” 

 

 

    The president just laughed again at the Chairman’s rage, “I heard you went great lengths to punish that er who ratted you out, Park Jinyoung.” 

 

 

    “Say my name again, and I’ll cut off your tongue,” Jinyoung growled, “if you knew about what great lengths I went, then don’t think I won’t be able to rip you apart right now.” The fury just kept pouring in, tainting his already darken heart with more ink. At this point, he wasn’t even angry at someone who wouldn’t worth his time. Rather, Jinyoung was upset with himself. He did went to “great lengths” to get rid of that traitor. He did everything to the extreme. Even if he felt like afterwards and just wanted to hang himself, too, Jinyoung held back his long gone sensitivity to turn coldhearted and brutal. Yet. All that for nothing. And Jinyoung hates receiving nothing in return when he actually went out his way and fought against any morals there were on this goddamned world. 

 

 

    Something sparked in President Ryu’s dark eyes. He advanced lightly towards the Chairman with a smirk. “You know, they’re right,” he scanned his hungry eyes over that forbidden fruit. “You’re so beautiful, Park Jinyoung.” 

 

    

    All the guards around Jinyoung tensed their shoulders, getting ready to strike on demand. Mark unconsciously stepped closer to the Chairman, mind on full alert, and eyes piercing under those shades. 

 

 

    “Say, why don’t we play nice? Come over my place, have a bit of wine, chat a bit, and something more. It’ll be a win-win situation. I’ll have Miss Yoon, your buyer, cut you some slacks. And all you have to do is sleep with me. I won’t disappoint,” President Ryu winked, his dried lips as eyes strained on the Chairman. 

 

 

    Jinyoung scoffed, “don’t think I can’t kill you.” He was about to leap forward and knock a clean punch in that man’s face, but before Jinyoung could take a step, Mark moved a second quicker and held him back by crossing an arm over his chest. Jinyoung tried to move but couldn’t. The grip on his arm was bone crushing. Mark wasn’t joking. 

 

 

    “Sir.

 

 

    “Move.” 

 

 

    “Sir, this isn’t-"

 

 

    “ing move, Tuan. I’m not about to just stand here and let this step all over me.” 

 

 

    “I know but still,” Mark leaned in and whispered in Jinyoung’s ear, “control yourself. If you do something now, s just going to get worse.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung scoffed in disbelief. What the did he just heard? “You’re getting bold, aren’t you, Mark? Not scared of me anymore?” With a strong push, Jinyoung shrugged from his bodyguard’s hold. The Chairman’s eyes lit up dangerously, suffocating the space with nothing but the rawness of malign. “You, control yourself, Mark. Don’t laid your ing hands on me. I don’t ing care who you are. If I want to, I could kill you.” 

 

 

    “But you didn’t,” Mark regretted it as soon as it left his mouth. That wasn’t what he meant to say. 

 

 

    The confusion in Jinyoung’s eyes left as soon as it came. Blinking a few times out of the sudden surprise, the Chairman composed himself. “That’s because I have uses for you. Remember this, you’re nothing but a guard dog.” Sparing his bodyguard one last look, Jinyoung his heels. “And you, President Ryu, remember this day. Remember. Because this will the last time you’re going to speak to me that way.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung was ready to get the Hell out of there. Everything around him slowly turned into fogs. And all Jinyoung could hear were the words coming out of Mark’s lips. He hated it. Because he felt the strange tug on his heart. Why? How? How does it affects Jinyoung so much? 

 

 

    “Well, your guard dog isn’t bad, no, he’s not bad at all.”

 

 

    As soon as his surroundings cleared up and those disgusting words drilled into his eardrums, Jinyoung halted. He didn’t turn around. For some reason, Jinyoung has hope in Mark. But what hope? For what? Jinyoung doesn’t know. He just does. 

 

 

    But it was a let down. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    A smirk played on Mark’s lips, “well, thank you, sir.

 

 

    “You’re that American agent that everyone won’t shut up about,” President Ryu steered his gaze on Mark’s perfect heart-shaped lips, “I can see why.” 

 

 

    Mark didn’t say anything, just offered the man a teasing smile. He knows he’s shameless. He won’t deny that he's a natural seducer. Because he is. And he knows. Mark let a quiet sigh escaped as he studied the president in front of him through the shades. Not bad at all, Mark thought. President Ryu, harboring an age of late-thirties, had features that’s pretty defined for a man his age. He was fairly handsome with a pretty proportional body, according to Mark’s judgements. Though, might be a bit shorter than Mark, but that’s okay. Height wasn’t a big deal. Mark always tops anyways, so it doesn’t matter. 

 

 

    “How about you come with me instead of that stubborn, stuck-up, Chairman of yours,” President Ryu smiled, eyeing Mark’s body hungrily, because damn, that’s a gorgeous body. 

 

 

    “Oh, but I don’t think you’ll be as satisfy,” the agent lowered his head, looking up a little, enough to flash the president another charming smile. Since coming to Jeju, because he hadn’t left Jinyoung’s side, Mark wasn’t able to fulfill his daily casual . He hates to admit it, but being around Park Jinyoung, who has curves in all the right places and a beautiful face with grace resting in his eyes and a soothing voice and angel’s lips, was most definitely not helping with Mark’s frustration for physical contact. He hates to admit it, but he found himself staring for too long at times. He hates to admit it, but Park Jinyoung is a ing beautiful being. And Mark isn’t blind. 

 

 

    “No. I’ll be very satisfy.” 

 

 

    The air around the two grew thick with sheering tension. The president’s eyes never the agent. Their lips teasing each other with bites and subtle , trying to dominate the other in this flirting game. Mark posed to be much stronger. Flattered by President Ryu’s obvious fondness over him, Mark decided to remove his shades, so their eyes could finally meet. Mark wasn’t going to let such an opportunity for a good to just pass. 

 

 

    “What the do you think you’re doing?” Jinyoung’s face, decorated with all kinds of emotions that combined into pure irritation, suddenly appeared in Mark’s view. The Chairman shoved the shades back on and glared angrily at his bodyguard. “Who told the told you that you could take them off!”

 

 

    Mark scoffed, “I thought you’ve already left? Why turn back? This isn’t your business.” 

 

 

    “It is now.” 

 

 

    “What-“

 

 

    Taking a hold of Mark’s arm, Jinyoung dug his fingers into the fabric of the agent’s suit jacket, “you should know your ing place, Tuan. Do you not have any shame? You dare stand here throwing glances at that er? What the are you doing?”

 

 

    Despite the pain riding through his body, Mark stayed unfazed, “I’m doing what I want to do. You don’t ing own me, Park Jinyoung. This doesn’t concern you. Now, let go.” 

 

 

    “You’re sure about that?” Jinyoung challenged, his earlier anger faded into amusement. Soon enough, a devilish smirk plastered across his angelic face. Jinyoung lets go of Mark’s arm and stepped backwards a bit. “You’re really sure that you don’t want to be mine anymore?” 

 

 

     Mark swallowed, ignoring the way Jinyoung worded that last sentence. But he suddenly felt the chill down his spine. He looked around. All of Jinyoung’s men were squaring up towards Mark. They all took off their shades, revealing vicious eyes of hungry, starving, carnivores. Then it hit Mark. Right. He’s nowhere safe in Jeju. And he’s pretty damn sure those guards have been waiting for this moment since the day he set foot on this island. 

 

 

    All this time. 

 

 

    The only barrier that separated Mark from Death is Death himself. 

 

 

    The only wall between Mark and those animals is Park Jinyoung. 

 

 

    Jinyoung sighed, “you can walk away with President Ryu right now. I won’t stop you. Just know that the second you leave, you’re not mine anymore. And whatever’s not mine doesn’t step a foot out of this island alive. You could be the best trained agent, but could you fight against a whole company of expertly trained bodyguards? It would be a lone wolf against a pack. See, that’s how this world works. If I still own you, if I still have you on my leash, then no one could even laid a finger on a strand of hair on your head.” The Chairman shrugged casually and sighed again, “you choose, Mark.” 

 

 

    Mark desperately wanted to wipe off that smirk on Jinyoung’s face. There’s no one, no being, as cunning, as cruel, as ferocious. He already got Mark cornered without much effort. And Mark hated it. Mark hated that he’s feeling so helpless. It angered him. How could someone like Park Jinyoung could possibly holds so much power over him? Mark could choose to fight back. He could. But strangely, Mark didn’t want to. And that angered him most. The fact that he, himself, didn’t want to defy that Beast. 

 

 

    Biting down his lip to suppress his fuming rage, Mark’s chest heaved up and down heavily. Gritting his teeth, Mark gave a curt bow, “I’m sorry for my behavior, sir.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung smiled, bathing in his own victory and superiority. “Good boy.”

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

    Sighing, Jinyoung threw himself on the couch. This migraine ate its way through his brain the more he tried to move a muscle. “,” he cursed, rubbing his forehead, trying to rid his poor self from this torture. After that uneventful meeting with President Ryu this afternoon, the whole ride back to his villa, Jinyoung constantly wanted to bash his head on the car’s window. Because it hurts. It hurts so ing much. He doesn’t know why it hurts, but it does. Maybe it’s karma. But that just made Jinyoung laugh. If karma was really after his , then the punishment would have to be far greater than a ing migraine. 

 

 

    The young master groaned, annoyed and in pain, as he hit his head back against the cushion of the couch repeatedly. He stripped out his suit jacket and roughly tugged off his tie, discarding both items somewhere on the floor. He could care less. Right now, he just wants to put a bullet through his brain. 

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled around on the couch, silently begging for this pain to stop. He was going crazy. His tantrum only stopped when a glass of some type of liquid was set on the table in front of him. Jinyoung looked up. Of course. The young master scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

 

 

    “Drink it,” Mark said, “it’s honey lemonade with ginger and a bit of salt. It’ll make you feel better.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung eyed the glass suspiciously. With this migraine, he’s vulnerable at the moment. This would be a perfect opportunity to have him kill. He can’t fight back. He can’t protect himself. So-

 

 

    “What are you doing-“ Jinyoung’s eyes widened as he watched Mark picked up the glass. 

 

 

    The agent brought the glass up to his lips and took a quick sip then set the glass down again. “Would you drink it now?” 

 

 

    Hesitating, the young master reached out, eyes remained on full alert. He picked up the glass and stared at it for a while. After a couple more of seconds, Jinyoung finally willed himself to reluctantly drank the lemonade. The glass was half empty by the time Jinyoung decided that the residue of the lemons were scratching at his throat. He stopped drinking and placed the glass back on the table. Throwing his head back against the couch. a sigh left his lips. Mark’s right. He did feel a bit better. A bit. 

 

 

    “Drink all of it.” 

 

 

    “Why? Don’t tell me what to do-“

 

 

    “Stop being a ing child and listen for once. All I’m asking is for you to finish it. Does it kill you to?” Mark glared, exhaustion written on his handsome face. 

 

 

    Jinyoung pouted, an action that’s rather automatic, like a child being scold by his parent. Nonetheless, he mumbled a “fine” and grudgingly forced the rest of the lemonade down his throat. Mark still stood there, watching Jinyoung carefully. When the young master was done, he set the glass back on the table. Mark opened his mouth to say something, but Jinyoung was faster, “no, I’m not eating those pieces of ginger. They taste horrible!” 

 

 

    Mark sighed and shook his head slightly, “okay then.” The agent took the glass and retreated into the kitchen. 

 

 

    Softly laying his head against the couch, Jinyoung exhaled slowly and closed his eyes. The pain subsided for a bit. Thank God it did, because he didn’t think he could take any more minutes of that ing parasite crawling and munching on his brain. 

 

 

    The sound of ocean waves crashing against rocks, the warm air circulating around the villa,  almost willed Jinyoung into a slumber. Almost. But his sense picked up a sweet, too sweet, aroma. Maybe because Jinyoung’s going through an aftereffect of that migraine that the scent deemed as too sweet. Before the young master could complain, the pain kicked in again. A lot stronger this time. And Jinyoung set off in another fit, slamming his head against the cushion and balling his fists. It’s different now. Not only his head hurts, but his entire body throbbed. 

 

 

    “Hey, are you okay? Should I take you to the hospital?” Mark’s voice invaded Jinyoung’s mind, sounding all too sweet to his ears. 

 

 

    “Goddamnit, Mark! What the ?!” Jinyoung groaned, hitting his fists down on the cushioned seat. 

 

 

    “What-“

 

 

    Without thinking about anything twice, Jinyoung’s hand reached out on reflex and grabbed Mark’s collars, pulling the agent down next to him. Jinyoung’s eyes snapped open and came to face with Mark’s confused face. Realizing how close their faces were, Jinyoung pushed his bodyguard away weakly. “. What the are you wearing? What kind of ty cologne is that? Why the does a man smells so ing sweet?” 

 

 

    Mark quirked an eyebrow, “and that’s a problem?”

 

 

    “Yes! It’s a ing problem!” Jinyoung shouted, finding the grip on himself loosens as Mark’s scent clouded his mind. “Don’t ever use it again. Ever.” Jinyoung released his hold on Mark’s collars. The young master now held his head in his hands, strings of curses sprouted from his dried lips. 

 

 

    The pain was unbearable, and that sweet smell from Mark’s cologne doesn’t help one bit. Jinyoung wanted to move. He wanted to sprint to his room and lock himself inside until the pain disappears, but he couldn’t. His limbs won’t follow his commands, as if they’re rotting at an agonizingly slow pace. So he stuck writhing on the couch, leaving himself unprotected, all out in the open, right in front of the last person he would want to witness his physical downfall.

 

 

    God, someone, please, just shoot me. 

 

 

    Please.

 

 

    Please. 

 

 

    I can’t… 

 

 

    Kill me, please. 

 

 

    Someone….

 

 

    Please…

 

 

    That’s when Jinyoung felt it. His eyes remained close, afraid if he opens them he’ll encounter something he’s been desperately shutting himself from. 

 

 

    “Come here,” Mark’s voice was so soothing, like a pretty lullaby on a summer night. “I don’t know if this would help, but it’ll at least calm you.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung felt his body being moved gently. And before everything could be processed through, his head, instead of laying against the plush of the couch, now rested on the meet of Mark’s neck and collarbone. Jinyoung kept his eyes closed. 

 

 

    Jinyoung wanted to scream. 

 

 

    His body, now leaned on the person he hates most. 

 

 

    He wanted to fight. To do anything to prove that he’s independent. To prove that he didn’t need anyone to protect him. To prove that he’s a destructive Beast that can’t be tamed. To prove that he didn’t need anyone else but himself. 

 

 

    But what’s the use when he don’t even have the courage to open his eyes and accept reality? 

 

 

    Jinyoung felt weak. 

 

 

    Felt so weak, leaning against Mark, depending on a mere guard dog for comfort from this unbearable pain. 

    

 

    Though, as soon as his head found its home on Mark’s chest, it was like magic. All the pain stopped. And Jinyoung was at peace. It scared him. Because he never felt this peaceful before.

 

 

    Yet, Mark ing Tuan has the power to make him feel like this?

 

 

    It was as if the world came to an abrupt stop. As if time halted on its track. As if there were only the two of them, on this couch, seeking each other’s warmth in this cold winter’s winds. As if everything else didn’t matter. 

 

 

    Slowly, Jinyoung opened his eyes, blinking tiredly as the table came to view. “You… You need to change your cologne.” 

 

 

    “Why?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung could feel the vibration from Mark’s chest. The young master simply smiled, blaming all of his unusual actions and emotions to this horrible migraine. “I don’t like it.” 

 

 

    “That’s it?” 

 

 

    “Yeah.” 

 

 

    “Not good enough reasons.” 

 

 

    “Would you change if I buy it for you?” 

 

 

    A silence. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Whatever.

 

    

    He’s lightheaded. 

 

 

    Probably won’t even remember what happened when he wakes up tomorrow. 

 

 

    The corner of Mark’s lips curved up into a tiny smile, “maybe.” 

 

 

    “That’s a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ question.” 

 

 

    “I don’t have to listen to you.” 

 

 

    “That doesn’t make sense. You have to.” 

 

 

    “No, I don’t.” 

 

 

    “Mark-“

 

 

    “Has it stop?” 

 

 

    A silence. 

 

 

    Mark stared at their reflection on the black TV screen. This is ing ridiculous, Mark thought. They shouldn’t be doing this. But it was Mark’s fault. He was the one who felt the need to do something. He’s the one that dragged both of them in this situation. He’s the one whose heart was aching as he watched.. He’s the one who couldn’t stand seeing Jinyoung in pain. 

 

 

    Why? 

 

 

    Mark didn’t have to ask himself again. He already knew the answer. 

 

 

    “No,” Jinyoung said, voice barely above a whisper, “not really. Head still hurts a little…” 

 

 

    Mark didn’t know what he was doing until he regretted doing it. But then again, Jinyoung is delirious. He’ll probably forget everything by the next sunrise. And they’ll go back to hating each other again. 

 

 

    Running his fingers gently through Jinyoung’s hair, Mark wanted to kill himself. He ed up so bad. 

 

 

    They stayed like that for a while more. Mark kept his steady pace, playing and tugging softly on the young master’s hair. It was comfortable. Too comfortable that it scared Mark. Because what the are they doing right now? 

 

 

    This can’t happen. 

 

 

    It can’t. 

 

 

    Mark would do anything to keep suppressing it. 

 

 

    Because they can’t-

 

 

    “Stop doing that, you’re making me sleepy.” 

 

 

    Mark stopped, letting his hand fall awkwardly to his side. “Good. You should sleep.” 

 

 

    “Should I?”

 

 

    “Yeah.”

 

 

    “What about you? Are you sleeping, too?” 

 

 

    Mark bit his lip. What the was going on… Sighing, Mark shuts his eyes, “no, I’m on guard.” 

 

 

    “Oh.”

 

 

    Another silence rolled in like memories films, taunting Mark’s patience, teasing his sanity. Mark shook away those thoughts. This can’t be happening. “Hey, go sleep in your room.” 

 

 

    No respond. 

 

 

    “Jinyoung, hey, go sleep in your room…”

 

 

    Again, silence. 

 

 

    “Jinyoung…” 

 

 

    Looking down at the sleeping young master, who’s making himself comfortable on his chest, Mark pitied himself. He ed up so ing bad. And there’s no going back from this. But he couldn’t go forward also. The only option was to trap himself within a ring of fire, so he would hurt only himself if he tries to crawl out of it to go forward. 

 

 

    Mark knew his place.

 

    

    He can’t be wanting something he can’t have. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Park Jinyoung, you’re going to regret this.

 

 

    Shut up.

 

 

    Don’t do this to yourself, Jinyoung. 

 

 

    Shut up.

 

 

    Why must you be like this?

 

 

    Shut up. 

 

 

    You can’t do this, Park Jinyoung!

 

 

    I said shut up! 

 

 

    All right. Whatever. You’re going to so regret this in the morning.

 

 

    

 

 

    Hey, you know you can’t do this. 

 

 

    …

 

 

    You don’t deserve this, Jinyoung-ah.

 

 

    Shut up, please. 

 

 

    You don’t deserve him.

 

 

    I know… I ing know… So shut up, please...