v e n o m

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

###

AUTHOR'S NOTE: WE FINALLY DID IT!!! CONGRATULATIONS FOR STILL BEING HERE~ WE STICKING TOGETHER THROUGH THICK AND THIN Y'ALL~Thank goodness lol writing this fic s me up psychologically lmfao I don't think anyone could understand unless you write it yourself haha send help... (but like there's still US so this ain't over yet -_-) 

This is the last angsty angsty chapter (from this point on it'll be either minor angst or no angst at all)~ Also, this is the last Jeju chapter~ Meaning they'll be back in Seoul starting next chapter~ 

I just wanna thank you all for pulling through even tho this fic is angsty af but y'all made it ayyyeeeee

ENJOY THE LAST ANGST AND LEAVE MANY FEEDBACKS~ 

I'M GONNA GO CELEBRATE~

LOVE Y'ALL LOTS~

###

 

 

 

 

 

    Days passed by just like that. January was a long month, but it’s finally over now. The start of February felt fine for the most part. Just another month rolling by. Nothing changed. And the usual stuff melted into dullness as time dragged on and on. Mark grew tired of counting the days. Things were getting rougher and harder for him. If only time could speed up a little. He would appreciates it really much, because all he needs right now is to get out of this damn place.


 

    “Mark-ssi?” Jaehwan was the first to notice Mark walking into the Chairman’s office. “You’re late?”


 

    “I know. Was just organizing this.” The agent advanced towards the Chairman’s desk and placed a thick binder on top of it. “Finished a long time ago but too many things happened. I just put this together last night.”


 

    Chairman Park opened the binder. After flipping through about half of it, he looked up with a confused expression painted on his face. “This is the codings for the Subs of Park Group. Where’s the Core? The most important is the Core.”


 

    “I have the Core,” the agent said.


 

    “What?! What the did you do? I told you to make codes to lock the damn Core. But all you did was the Subs?! Did you not listen to me? And why the do you have it? It’s the Core of my company!” Chairman Park angrily stood up from his seat.


 

    “You have my family held hostage, sir,” Mark challenged, “in my defense, I’ll keep the codes for the Core. Don’t worry. Nobody in this world knows it except for me.”


 

    “You can’t do that!” Now, Jaehwan was ready to throw hands at Mark. “The Core is basically seventy-five percent of Park Group! You’re holding the majority of Park Group! You’re not even the ing Chairman! GIVE IT BACK!”


 

    “Jaehwan! Stand down,” the Chairman ordered, eyes strained on the agent. “You can’t do this, Tuan. I’ll let your family go. So just give me the remaining codes to the Core.” For the first time, Chairman Park felt truly threatened. Like Jaehwan had said, the majority of Park Group was within the hands of some agent. Which was God awful news. Because this meant that Mark Tuan owned Park Group. Anyone who could obtain the Core of the Park Group could, in simpler words, completely take over Park Group. That was the reason why Chairman Park had wanted to embed complicated systematic codes to lock it. But this situation was unexpected.


 

    “You can do whatever you want,” the agent pushed on, “but the codes stay with me. No one has to know that you don’t have seventy-five percent of the company. And I swear I will never open it. I hate this goddamn business world and could give two s. There’s no reason for me to open it. The Core is locked away safely. It’s just you won’t know the codes to activate it. Because only I do.”


 

    “MARK-"


 

    “Also, I destroyed everything. So you won’t be able to find a trace of it. Don’t waste your time trying. Its only existence is already in my head.”


 

    “What bull is this, Mark?”


 

    “Would you trust me?”


 

    “…”


 

    “I just need you to trust me.”


 

    The Chairman laughed sarcastically, “why? You’re here on a mission to kill me! Why should I ing trust you? I trusted you my company and look what you’ve done! You robbed me off my ownership rights! You’re bull, Tuan!” He ran his hands through his hair in frustration of losing his company over to the person he supposedly hates the most. The disbelief kept slapping him in his face. Never would he have thought Mark could be this bold. His beloved company… Just… Gone…


 

    “Trust me. I won’t do anything. This is just leverage. You’re still the Chairman. You still run Park Group. I don’t claim anything.”


 

    “How dare you…”


 

    “All I’m asking for is trust.”


 

    Chairman Park left his seat and stood right in front of the agent, “ you. You’ll regret doing this.”


 

    Mark shrugged and smiled comfortably, “you wouldn’t dare lay a finger on me.”


 

    Knowing Mark was absolutely right, the Chairman’s anger only multiplied by ten folds. With Mark now holding the Core of Park Group, there’s nothing Chairman Park could do. The Chairman was too careless and left an opening. All this time, he thought he had the agent under his control, but now, the game has a new master. His hands were tied. Park Group is everything to him. He won’t risk it. But this doesn’t mean he’ll abide easily. He’s still the Chairman.


 

    “You right, I won’t. Because one day, you’ll willingly hand it over anyways.”


 

    “You don’t know that.”


 

    “I do.”


 

    The agent broke their stare and looked down at the floor. The corner of his lips tipped up in a tiny smile of amusement. “You really are full of yourself. Even in crisis you’re still able to held that pride of yours so high.”


 

    “I only know damn well that you’ll give it up. You’re carrying the whole Park Group on your shoulders, Mark. Having such burden would slowly break you. The responsibilities are far too great for you to understand. You don’t have to meddle to be able to feel the consequences swallowing you alive. Honestly, I’m not worry. You don’t even know how to use the Core anyways. It’s useless to you.”


 

    “So why won’t you trust me?”


 

    “I don’t want to.”


 

    “What-"

    

 

    “You’re here to kill me!” Jinyoung shouted, veins visible against the raging red anger on his skin. “Have you decided yet? To kill me? Have you?!”


 

    Mark backed away, suddenly feeling like he’s going to throw up. “I-"

    

 

    “I don’t have to trust you. Why would I trust my killer?”


 

    “Jinyoung-"


 

    “SHUT UP! Don’t you dare call me by my name like you ing know me like that!”


 

    Witnessing the fear and confusion bleeding on Jinyoung’s face, Mark forgot where they were and who they were for a moment. His surroundings were sinking in on him at each met of those glassy eyes. Mark wished they had met in a different setting. Mark wished they weren’t who they were right now. Mark wished there was a chance for them. Mark wished… Things would have been much simpler, if he wasn’t Agent Tuan and Jinyoung wasn’t Chairman Park.


 

    But the Universe don’t work like that.


 

    They were destined to be star-crossed.


 

    “Could you please just listen to what I’m about to say-"


 

    “I tried,” Jinyoung sighed, voice slightly cracking under the pressure he’s enduring, “I really tried to understand you, because you did your best to understand me. But looking at us now, this isn’t it. I don’t know what you want from me. And I can’t give you whatever that is. You’re here on a mission. I hope you didn’t forget.”


 

    “Jinyoung, please-"


 

    “I’m fine with whatever decision you’ve made. Because in the end, I’d rather have my life at the mercy of your hands than anyone else’s.”


 

    The Chairman’s office fell into the debris of silence when Jinyoung walked off.


 

    This time, Mark wasn’t the one leaving.


 

    Jinyoung did Mark a favor and left instead.





 

+

+

+





 

    Tonight was unusually colder. The island bathed itself in the horrific temperature drop of this February night. Strange. Because it’s just about four days before Valentine’s. Maybe the sudden froze came from all the singles’ cold loneliness. Or just from the frosty heart of a Chairman alone.


 

    “We’ve found the man behind your attack, sir,” the guard informed his boss. “Jaehwan send me to you.”


 

    Still admiring the view of the island below, the Chairman sighed. And he had thought this day would end already. There was enough bull today with the Marketing team ing up the contract with one of the company’s partners. Which then led to a very angry Chairman Park, who ended up firing the entire team in a heartbeat. The day's been devastating. But of course, more s have to make a comeback.


 

    The Chairman grabbed his jacket and headed out with the guard following behind. When he settled himself at the backseats of the car, he took one last look at the headquarters building of his precious Park Group. It’s way more beautiful at night.


 

    “Sir, how are you feeling? Have you had dinner?” The guard asked, a bit worried at his boss’s pale complexion.


 

    “You don’t usually talk to me,” the Chairman said, “so let’s keep it that way.”


 

    “Yes, sir. My apologies.”


 

    The ride turned back to its rightful silence. Chairman Park has never been close to any of his bodyguards anyways. Jaehwan doesn’t count. Because that boy wasn’t just a bodyguard. He’s basically family. Or someone the Chairman could put all his trust in. Other than Jaehwan, there was no one else.


 

    Maybe one more person…


 

    No, Jinyoung rubbed his temples tiredly, there’s definitely no one else.


 

    The car stopped in front of a mansion. The Chairman assumed it belonged to his attacker. His men had already surrounded the perimeter. And with the stench of fresh blood, he knew that a battle had taken place. Chairman Park ordered, “clear out. Jaehwan is enough.”


 

    Immediately, they all bowed and hurried off the property. Chairman Park waited until he heard the distant sound of the cars’ engines before entering the mansion. The first thing greeted him by the front door were bodies of maids. He stepped over all of them, unfazed and neutral. As he approached the living room, he could hear soft sniffles of small children. The Chairman stopped, feeling his throat tightened and vision bled with faded gray and white. Seemed like another nightmare added to his collection.


 

    “Sir,” Jaehwan bowed in greeting to the Chairman.


 

    Chairman Park didn’t respond, just laid his eyes on the family kneeling on the ground. The husband was his former business partner, someone he thought was pretty decent. The wife was an eloquent lady with class. And their kids, a charming little boy and a pretty little girl were just as lovely and respectful like how their mother had taught them so. Such a beautiful family. A cozy family that Jinyoung never had. And probably never will have.


 

    They could have been a happy family spending time with each other at the beach.

 

    

    But right now, they’re all on their knees, begging for their lives.


 

    Sad.


 

    If only the man of the family didn’t up.


 

    The man looked up at the Chairman with clasped hands. He sobbed, “I’m so sor-sorry… Please, p-please… Just k-kill me. L-let my family go, please!” He threw himself at the Chairman’s feet, frantically kissing and at the Chairman’s shoes. “PLEASE!” He cried, cleaning the Chairman’s shoes with hands shaking wildly.


 

    Chairman Park extended his arm towards Jaehwan, who then placed a gun into his hand. The Chairman sighed, cocking the gun with such reluctance in his movement. “Jaehwan-ah.”


 

    The Head Bodyguard cried internally. His young master was in pain. His young master doesn’t want to be here. But he had to. The Chairman demanded it. Jaehwan just wished someone could free his young master from this Hell. “Yes, sir?”


 

    “Wait for me outside,” the young master requested quietly.


 

    “Of course, sir,” Jaehwan bowed and his heels.


 

    “Jaehwan-ah.”


 

    “Is there anything else, sir?”


 

    “Yeah…”


 

    “What is it?”


 

    “Call Mark, please.”


 

    “I will, sir.”


 

    Jinyoung listened to the soft closing of the front door. He closed his eyes. The chains tying him down adorned themselves with thorns, piercing through his skin to taste his tainted blood. His eyes lost their warm sparks. Jinyoung caught his reflection in a small mirror on the wall in front of him. He wanted to shoot himself. His eyes looked so ugly. So dull. So lifeless. Like Death.


 

    Chairman Park smiled back at him.


 

    A sinister smile that made his skin crawled uncomfortably.


 

    A smile so sadistic and evil.


 

    If only it was easy to just kill himself.


 

    If he dies, Chairman Park would die, too.


 

    Can he kill himself?


 

    “S-sir, ple-please let my children go…” The woman mustered up the courage to speak up to the Beast in front of her. “They’re kids… They-they didn’t do anything wrong…”


 

    The Chairman looked over at the children. Their innocence shone so lively before his dead eyes. They were holding each other, scared and wanted to cry. But the fear ate all their tears. All they could do was looking up at this beautiful young man with their doe eyes b with dried tears.


 

    Jinyoung wanted to wrap them up in his arms and tell them everything’s okay. Tell them that they’re safe and sound in his arms. Tell them that… Tell them that they’ll continue…


 

    “They’re just kids… Please, if you’re going to kill us… Please, let them go off somewhere…” The woman choked back her cries. “I d-don’t want them to see… Please, sir. Please, think about our past partnership and-"


 

    A loud bang echoed throughout the mansion. The man and woman stared in horror. The thud of their son’s body falling backwards onto the floor tore them away from their trance. The daughter screamed and screamed, tasting the blood of her brother on the tip of her tongue and feeling it sliding down her face. The mother cried out in pain and crawled over to her dead son, gently picking him up in her arms and cradling his head. She buried her face in his hair and sobbed uncontrollably. The father looked up in shock and anger.


 

    “You…” The man pointed at the Chairman, “you’re… YOU’RE A ING MONSTER! YOU-“


 

    Another loud bang ripped the air apart. The daughter’s scream could no longer be heard. The mother lifted her face and yelled her daughter’s name. The father shook his head in denial as he touched his daughter’s face. Her eyes were still wide open in horror. Her father’s shaky hands moved over her face to softly close her eyes.


 

    Just like that. His four-year-old son and five-year-old daughter just disappeared from his life.


 

    “K-kill me!” The wife threw herself at the Beast, gripping onto his pants and straining her voice. “YOU MONSTER! KILL ME!”


 

    “NO!” The husband reached out. He had already lost his children, he can’t lose-


 

    With a quick pull of the trigger, the wife stopped altogether and fell back onto the floor. Blood pooled out from her head. The husband’s face went completely pale. He was so exhausted. Slumping and dropping his arm, the man could barely feel his heart beating. His whole family was killed right in front of him. And it’s all his fault. He dared to look right into the Beast’s cold eyes. Life wasn’t worth living anymore.


 

    Chairman Park positioned his gun and pulled the trigger without an ounce of hesitation. He watched the man’s body dropped next to the daughter’s. The Chairman sighed, throwing the gun down.


 

    He caught his reflection in the mirror again.


 

    Jinyoung wants to kill himself.





 

+

+

+





 

    The call Mark received from Jaehwan wasn’t a regular summon call. Mark could hear the shattering of Jaehwan’s heart through the damn phone. As soon as Jaehwan hung up, Mark took off to the location that was send to him. Something had to be awfully wrong for Jaehwan to be so worried and shaken up like that. And of course, the only person who could create such effects on the poor boy is none other than Park Jinyoung.


 

    Mark hoped Jinyoung’s okay.


 

    He hoped it won’t be something really bad.

 

  

    He hoped that Jaehwan was just being dramatic over something small.


 

    All of those options would make Mark feels so much better.

 

    

    But when Mark arrived at the mansion, an ugly feeling scratched his skin. He parked the car in front of the place and got out. The view of the mansion looked so quiet despite its noisy colors and decorations. For some reason, Mark didn’t move. He just stood there. Because something was telling him to just wait. And so, he waited. He doesn’t know what’s he’s waiting for. But already, Mark could feel that tug at his heart. Closing his eyes and letting out a heavy sigh, he figured it out.


 

    He’s waiting for Jinyoung.


 

    His heart cracked even more when he realized that this wasn’t Jinyoung’s mansion.


 

    “,” Mark cursed, crossing his arms against his chest and leaning against the car, “what the did you do this time…”


 

    The answer to his question appeared minutes later. Mark lifted his head and his heart immediately stopped beating. Jinyoung was walking out of the mansion. The young master only had on a thin white button-up and black pants soaked with red blood. Each step Jinyoung took was like as if he’s being slash by a whip from behind. He made it to the gates and stopped. Jinyoung looked up at Mark.


 

    Mark hates it.


 

    He hates whenever he has to look into Jinyoung’s eyes.


 

    Because he could see all the sadness. All the broken pieces.


 

    Because Jinyoung never puts up a mask in front of Mark.


 

    What Mark sees is what Park Jinyoung really is.


 

    A broken soul trapped inside a doll begging to be freed.


 

    Mark took a step forward and stopped. He waited. And he could wait forever.

 

    

    Jinyoung started walking towards Mark. His steps became lighter and lighter as he drew closer. His eyes never left Mark’s. His heart froze with the cold night, but soon set itself on fire when it recognized that pure warmth. Jinyoung felt so empty. So cold. The ice around his heart turned into sharp edges, slowly pushing their way through the massive wall he had built to protect himself. They showed no mercy, as they invaded and destroyed every piece of him. It hurts. It hurts so bad. But he couldn’t scream out. Couldn’t cry out. Couldn’t submit under their cruelty.


 

    Until now.


 

    He couldn’t take it anymore.


 

    Someone, please, just set him free.


 

    “Jinyoung… Hey…" The question vanished into the biting cold of the late night. So did Mark’s ability to breathe. He never expected Jinyoung would willingly let his guard down like this. Never expected Jinyoung to open his arms and wrapped them securely around him.


 

    This was it. Jinyoung decided that this was the last he could endure. All these years he had lived through this horrid nightmare. He doesn’t want it anymore. Can’t take it anymore. Tightening his arms around Mark’s body, Jinyoung buried his face into Mark’s shoulder and finally let himself go. Gripping and digging his nails into Mark’s suit, Jinyoung cried, letting go all the tears and burdens he’s been keeping to himself. All the pains and tortures he was forced to put up with had finally broke him apart. His hands stained with so much blood of the innocents he had brutally murdered. He’s bathed in filth and screams of many lives. He’s a living monster. A demon. An abomination.


 

    Jinyoung cried, clinging onto Mark, he wept and poured his heart out. His hold tightened more, needing and desperate to feel that warmth against him. The warmth that could melt the winter he carried within his heart. The warmth that he’s been craving and wanting. The warmth that makes him feel safe and at ease. The warmth that makes him feel at home.


 

    Mark stood still. Unable to get a proper grip on himself. He wasn’t confused, because he understood. He knew how much pain Jinyoung must have experienced. It was never easy for Jinyoung. And Mark knew. He stood there, still and quiet. His arms ached to reach up and wrapped themselves around Jinyoung’s shaking body, but he forced himself to stay still. He can’t. He has to stop. He can’t let the temptation distracted him from his resolution.


 

    Moving his head a bit to look down at a mess of raven hair, Mark fell apart more and more every time Jinyoung’s angry cries reached his ears. If only he could do something to comfort Jinyoung, but he couldn’t. All he could do was stood there and offered a shoulder for Jinyoung to cry on. Mark sighed softly, feeling this deep feeling piling at his throat. There’s a lot he wanted to say, but he didn’t. There’s a lot he wanted to do, but he didn’t. Because Jinyoung and him weren’t anything to each other. And could never be. They weren’t supposed to cross paths. Because only disasters were born from their collision. Yet they couldn’t stop the pull they have on each other.


 

    His eyes gazed upon the side of Jinyoung’s face, observing the redness caused by the cold winds and the glistening on his cheek from the tears. It broke Mark so bad to see Jinyoung crying like this. It broke him even more when he couldn’t bring himself to do anything about it. Jinyoung was still crying and squeezing him close. At this point, there’s not a single inch between their bodies. And at this point, Mark felt his eyes starting to brim with tears.

 

    

    “God, no,” Mark muttered under his breath softly as he tilted his head up at the night sky to stop the tears from escaping. He has to be strong. He can’t lose it right now, too. He-


 

    No one had ever told Mark how beautiful Jinyoung would look covered in tiny flakes of snow. Mark felt breathless when Jinyoung pulled them apart. His dark hair covered with little specks of white snow here and there. His eyelashes battling a little to fight the small flakes that landed there. His cheeks painted with a rosy color. The snow swirled around him in a harmonious dance. With his bloodstained shirt and sad eyes, Jinyoung looked stunning. Mark had never seen anything more breathtaking.


 

    Why did it had to snow?


 

    Jinyoung himself was already the death of Mark.


 

    He doesn’t need snow to emphasize how graciously gorgeous he is.


 

    “Kill me.”

 

    

    Snapping out of whatever magical place he wandered off to, Mark looked at Jinyoung in wonder if he had heard whatever that was correctly, “what?”


 

    “Kill me, Mark,” Jinyoung repeated, each word slipping past his tongue sounded like the shattering of glass on a marble surface.


 

    “Jinyoung-"


 

    “I told Jaehwan to call you, because I want you to kill me. I knew I won’t be able to stop myself...”


 

    “What are you-“


 

    “Just kill me, please… I can’t… I can’t do this anymore…” And Jinyoung cried again. This time a lot more angrier and painful. Like he wanted to rip his own throat out with his own hands. He hates himself so much. “Kill me, please, please, please. Mark, please, kill me.”


 

    Mark shook his head, eyebrows furrowed in fierce objection, “no. No. I won’t. I-"


 

    “Kill me, please!” Jinyoung dropped on his knees, grabbing at Mark’s hands and looking up with tears streaming down his face. “Just kill me! I don’t want to live like this anymore! I don’t want to! I don’t… I don’t ing deserves this! I didn’t… I didn’t ask for this… So, please, take this pain away, Mark, please… I’m begging you. Kill me. You have reasons. You have enough reasons to kill me. And your mission. Your mission is to kill me, right? So kill me!”


 

    Shaking his head, Mark backed away, feeling millions of rose thorns scarred his skin. “No, Jinyoung, no. I can’t. I don’t want to. Don’t do this.”


 

    Jinyoung dropped his head and arms, staring down at his knees and the snow-covered ground. He laughed painfully, “I can’t even die now? Why can’t I do anything? Why am I so weak? Why…” He looked up at Mark. “Why won’t you kill me?” He looked down again and brought his hands up to cover his face as he sobbed in self-pity.


 

    Slowly, Mark stalked back to Jinyoung. He kneeled on one knee in front of the young master. “Let’s get you home.”


 

    Jinyoung didn’t say anything. Just cried his heart out. His own knees hurting and probably bleeding from the concrete, but he refused to stand up. Instead, he leaned against Mark and cried harder.





 

+

+

+





 

    Mark thought he had already made his decision to not meddle anymore with these feelings. But here he was, carrying a sleeping Jinyoung in his arms up the stairs. But here he was, setting a sleeping Jinyoung down on the bed. But here he was, taking off Jinyoung’s bloodied shirt and dirty shoes. But here he was, pulling the blanket over Jinyoung and tucking him in. But here he was, staring at a peacefully sleeping Jinyoung. But here he was.


 

    He reached out, allowing his fingertips to gently run down Jinyoung’s soft cheek. What he didn’t expect was Jinyoung shamelessly leaning into the touch. The young master’s lips brushed lightly against Mark’s knuckles. And they stayed there, lingering softly on top of Mark’s skin. Mark smiled bitterly and pulled his hand away. If only time would stop in this moment.


 

    Walking down the stairs, so many emotions tried to overcome Mark’s mind. After tonight, things would only become more complicated. He have to fix this. Doesn’t matter what measures he takes, he have to fix this. They can’t go on like this. They can’t…


 

    “,” Mark sighed frustratedly as he pushed back his hair with his hands. He sat himself on the couch and buried his face into his hands. “. Jinyoung, why did you have to… Why did you have to make me feel this way? Why are you making it so hard for me to let you go?”


 

    He have to go.


 

    Mark have to go.


 

    He can’t stay here.





 

+

+

+





 

    The next morning came way too fast. In a blink, Jinyoung found himself outside of his villa with the sounds of the sea humming mermaid’s melodies in his ears. He forgot how he ended up out here. Or how long he’s been asleep for. But the look on Mark’s face scared him.


 

    “What…” The young master opened his mouth after a long silence.


 

    “I’ve decided,” Mark interrupted.


 

    “What are you talk-talking about?” For some reason, something stuck at Jinyoung’s throat. He felt like crying again, because deep inside, he knew what was going to happen.


 

    Mark held up a black folder, “all of your information is in here. This is your profile. This was created for you. And for me. Created for me to take a look. It also assisted me in making my final decision.”


 

    “I don’t understand…”


 

    “My mission is to decide whether or not you should be kill. The States are on to you. But no one dared to lift a finger because of how powerful you are. So they assigned me. My decision will determine if you should die or live. If I think you should, then I’m given permission to kill you. If I don’t think you should, then you’re free to walk. Your life is in my hands, Park Jinyoung.”


 

    Jinyoung held his head, trying to look prideful, but his eyes failed him. He felt so hurt. “So what have you decided?”


 

    “This is my decision,” Mark dropped the thick folder into a metal bin in front of him. The agent took out a lighter, opened it, and threw it inside the bin.


 

    “Wha-what are you do-doing?!” Jinyoung shouted, watching the flames soaring and roaring ferociously as it devoured its food.


 

    The agent stared at the fire, admiring the way it swallowing the folder that he had dreaded for so long. “I was the one who erased your profile from the World System. No one would ever know all the things you've done."


 

    “What?! Why!”


 

    “You don’t deserve to die, Jinyoung-ah.”


 

    “Bull! I want to die!” Jinyoung screamed, anger fueling onto him like those hungry flames. “I don’t need you to save me! Why would you do that?! My suffering could have ended a long time ago! Why?! MARK, WHY?!


 

    Mark walked over to Jinyoung. “You don’t deserve this.”


 

    “ing answer me! Why did you do it? Why would you… Mark Tuan! Why!”


 

    “Because I ing love you!” Mark raised his voice back. There’s so much he could take. If he’s going to end things here, then might as well let this idiot know his feelings. “I could easily kill you. I could. But I didn’t. Because I love you. , I love you so ing much, Jinyoung-ah. Do you ing understand?!”


 

    Those words hit Jinyoung like a storm. “What… What are you say-saying…”


 

    “I’m saying I love you,” Mark went back to talking softly and calmly.


 

    Jinyoung just stared. His heart beating crazily, because what the did he just hear. Shaking his head and scoffing, Jinyoung looked away. “That’s… That’s impossible. You don’t-"


 

    “I do,” Mark said, “and I’m sick of you thinking you don’t deserve love. I’m also sick of myself trying so hard to deny my feelings for you. But you know what, I’m done. I can’t do this anymore. I can’t keep telling myself that I don’t want you, because that’s a lie. I want you. I ing want you. And each second I stay with you drives me insane. Because my want keeps growing and growing. It never stops.”


 

    “Nonsense…” Jinyoung rubbed his face in hope to wake himself up from whatever this fresh nightmare was.


 

    “No. This is the truth. This is how I feel.”


 

    “Stop saying that! It’s not possible-"


 

    “Yes, it is.”


 

    “Mark-"


 

    “I’m not asking you to accept my feelings or anything. I just want you to know, because the more I keep this bottling up inside me, the more I want to jump off a ing cliff. Because loving you ing hurts!”


 

    Jinyoung felt himself about to tear up again, “what do you want from me, Mark. Why are you doing this… Why can’t you just kill me and get it over with? Why are you saying all these confusing things…”


 

    Mark laughed. A laugh that described the breaking of his heart. Whatever left of it after Jinyoung had done stepping all over it. “I don’t expect you to understand. Someone like you could never understand how it feels to be so madly in love.


 

    “I-"

 

    

    “Goodbye, Park Jinyoung,” were Mark’s last words before pushing pass and leaving again. Except this time, he’ll leave permanently. He won’t come back anymore. Jinyoung had already abused his poor heart to death. He can’t be here. He’ll end up dying from a heartbreak.


 

    Jinyoung was left alone.


 

    Only the sea could hear him.


 

    Mark was long gone.


 

    Out of Jinyoung’s life and took that cold heart away with him.