e n m i t y

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

 

    It’s been approximately four hours and twenty-two minutes. Four hours and twenty-two minutes of nonsense spewing from the mouth of an overly arrogant man who’s trying to set up a deal with the badass of the industry. If the loser had known any better, he would have stopped talking within the first five minutes of this time-wasted meeting. Jinyoung was seriously getting bored. 

 

    

    He’s already annoyed at the fact that a couple of hours ago, he just finds out about that being assigned as his personal assistant. Now, the young master has to sit through this endless abyss of bull that he completely didn’t sign up for. Jinyoung cursed Kwanghee for arranging this useless business meeting. What a low move to get back at the Chairman for sending late wedding gifts. Jinyoung sighed. He just wishes this day to be over already. 

 

 

    “See, sir, with our shares, which have been rising on the market lately, it’ll definitely benefit your company. I’m talking about the coverage for all of your chains, sir-“ The man stopped with his walk back-and-forth and stared head on into Chairman Park’s cold eyes. 

 

 

    “Leave.” Jinyoung interrupted with a single word. 

 

 

    The man’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and a hint of frustration, as he questioned carefully, “what do you mean, Mister Park?” 

 

 

    Scoffing, Jinyoung leaned back in his seat, “what I mean is that I can’t believe I've put up with your for this long. I’m sure I got something else better to do. And honestly, your company’s shares mean horse to me, all right? How much are we talking here? MillionsHundred millions? Either way, it doesn’t matter. With such tiny amounts, you’ll won’t do any good for Park Group. So get the out of here.” 

 

 

    Triggered by the harsh words of a very much younger person, the older man balled his fists, trying to keep his cool. “Pardon me, sir, but someone like you should know that Kim Corporation is widely known and have its stable position in the business world. You’re wrong for looking down on us like that.”

 

 

    “Unless you’re Im Trading Commerce and Industrials, the largest after Park Group, which you are clearly not, I don’t want to talk,” Jinyoung said. He’s sick of all these temporary-successful smaller companies trying to climb high without a ladder. They’re all sly as . Their purpose is to latch on to the more powerful ones and leeches off of that. 

 

 

    The man was offended by Chairman Park’s nasty attitude. He tried so hard to hold himself back. But it seems like this young master needs a good beating. Because anger and madness clouded his vision, the man throws away all thoughts of how powerful and scary the actual Beast is. Grabbing the sharp-pointed fountain pen off the table, the man boldly swung his head quickly, sending the expensive pen cutting through the thick air across into the dark eyes of the world’s leading power. 

 

 

    Jinyoung didn’t even blink an eye or tried to dodge, because the tip of that pen didn’t even got the chance to reach its bull eye’s. Someone else was quicker. “Mind your manners, Mister Kim.” Mark twirled the pen between his fingers as if playing with a sharp knife. “I would very much like to not use force.” 

 

 

    Chairman Park smirked, “you’ve got balls, Kim.” 

 

 

    CEO Kim’s knees knocked together in fear. Chills running down his spine as he tried hard to maintain the fierce eye contact with Chairman Park, desperately trying to show that he isn’t afraid. But he is. He regretted for doing something so stupid. Chairman Park isn’t a person he could easily mess with. 

 

 

    “Ch-Chairman, sir, I-“ 

 

 

    “Mark,” Jinyoung called, tone flat and uncaring. 

 

 

    “Yes, sir?” Replied the agent with the same ring in his deep voice. 

 

    

    “Tell them to get the car ready. I want to get out of here.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir.” 

 

 

    Turning back to the CEO, Jinyoung sighed, “I’ll deal with you later, whatever that means.” 

 

 

    The Chairman got up to his feet and exited the room with his bodyguard following closely behind, leaving the man inside to tremble as his life flashes before him. At that moment, he finally knew that it was a mistake to invite a monster into the house. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Chess is a game of seclusion with the peace of one’s mind. It’s a game of stillness. A game of Kings and Queens and Bishops. A game of protecting the Kingdom per se. And a game of strategies. The goals are to eliminate and overthrow. Once achieved the goals, the throne will be left open, welcoming a new person to be the King of All. 

 

 

    “Checkmate,” the owner of the raspy voice was a blonde-haired, blue eyes, middle-aged man with an English accent. His left hand fondling with an unlit Cuban cigar. “You’re getting horrible,” he said.

 

 

    Chuckling softly, the English man’s opponent shook his head lightly before picking up his glass of Scotch. “You’re just good, Daniel Craig. That’s all there is to it. I am who I am.” This man’s English pronunciation wasn’t good, however, his words did get carried across as an understandable statement. His Korean accent was very much vivid. 

 

 

    “How boring, Yang Hyunsuk, give me something to talk about with my friends back in England,” Daniel mocked playfully, leaning back in his seat. 

 

 

    “I am boring. You’ve known me for years,” Hyunsuk laughed it off like the relationship between the two were that of good old friends, which they are. 

 

 

    Sighing, Daniel clasped his hands together and looked across to his business partner, his friend. He studied Hyunsuk’s calm expression for a while before asking the important question. “Is he here?” 

 

 

    Putting down his glass, the Korean man gave a simple smile, “of course. He’s been here for a couple of days now. You’ll get to meet him tomorrow. Be careful, though. He’s a sly one. Although I’ve been working with him, but he’s what I would define as brutal. He’s no one you can mess with. I’m sure you know that.” 

 

 

    “Obviously, Yang. Who in the world doesn’t know him?” Daniel smirked. “Finally, I get to meet an interesting person for a change; a celebrity.” 

 

 

    “Don’t get too involved. Bad things only follow that man. You’ll get yourself killed.”

 

 

    “Are you, perhaps, worrying about me, Yang?” 

 

 

    “You could say that. I mean, why wouldn’t I be? You’re about to go do something stupid in front of a very powerful person."

 

 

    “Oh, come on, it can’t be that bad,” Daniel groaned, annoyed at Hyunsuk’s constant 'exaggerations.’ 

 

 

    “But it could.”

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Some things about elevators are that they’re small and secluded, boxlike, and suffocating. And not an ideal concept for awkward people, or claustrophobic people, or impatient people, or cautious people. Or in this special case, two people who legit can’t stand each other. In other words, Mark and Jinyoung. 

 

 

    Each second feels like torture. Mark is quite desperate now. He just wants to get out. And how in the name of Lucifer did he end up here with Jinyoung is out of his circumference of decoding at the moment. It’s been only Day One and the agent is already exhausted from the early flight and today’s continuity of standing firmly on his feet while Jinyoung sat and drank wine while listening to business bull. The agent still doesn’t understand why are there so many meetings in a day. It’s awful. 

 

 

    But then again, nothing is more awful than this

 

 

    The elevator doors finally opened. Jinyoung stepped out first and Mark followed. There’s absolutely nothing more awful than this. Nothing is more awful than sharing the same hotel room as Park Jinyoung. Why is Mark here again? Good question because the American is also wondering that himself. Along with how did he even ended up here? At one of Park Group’s hotel chains, Skyway, with its kingly Chairman Park. How… Oh, right, of course

 

 

    Mark sighed softly, cursing his bad luck. Just an hour ago, he was all excited to drive back to the hotel that he was assigned to by the President. He was so excited to take a long shower and plop down on the room’s bed and just passed out until the alarm goes off. It’s been a Hell of a long day. Yet, before the agent could even pull up into the hotel’s parking lot, he got a call from the President, requesting him to pick up the Chairman, and quote unquote, stays with him until it becomes inconvenient. Mark was pretty sure that it has always been an inconvenience, but whatever, it isn’t his place to talk back. And so here he is, standing in front of the door inside of a what supposed to be a hotel room, but apparently, looked like four ing penthouses fused together into one massive one-floor mansion. Mark had no idea a room like this even exists in a hotel. But then it’s Park Group’s. Anything could exist. 

 

 

    Shrugging off his suit jacket, Mark blinked his eyes tiredly, not so ready for this night-shift. Jinyoung turned around and quirked an eyebrow when he saw Mark pulling out his tie. “What are you doing?” The young master’s stern voice stopped the agent midway to completely yanking off his tie. 

 

 

    “Taking my clothes off?” Mark replied like it’s the most natural thing in the world. 

 

    

    What ticked Jinyoung off was the clear confusion in the American’s eyes. It’s like Mark was making himself comfortable like its his home. Chairman Park never liked sharing. Crossing his arms against his chest, Jinyoung looked back at the agent. “You’re still on duty. Ah, actually, you’re on duty twenty-four seven. Put your goddamn clothes back on. This isn’t a place for you to throw your s everywhere.” 

 

 

    After giving Jinyoung a nasty look, Mark scoffed and grudgingly re-tied his tie back around his neck, under his shirt’s collar. He then picked up his suit jacket and puts it on while mumbling not-so-good-things about a certain Chairman under his breath. Mark didn’t even do anything. He thought if he’s going to, basically, stay over so might as well get himself a little comfort, since from the looks of it, Jinyoung isn’t going to let Mark shower or sleep on a bed. Which is right. 

 

 

    The young master rolled his eyes at his new bodyguard’s attitude and turned away, starting to take off his own clothes. He was down to only his black slacks and white button-up when he stepped into the bathroom, his suit jacket and tie discarded carelessly on the carpeted floor. Mark winched, wanting to run over real quick and picks them up and throw them on the bed instead but fought against that risky idea. Mark is a guard dog, not a maid. 

 

 

    Mark stood by the door, holding his posture of a professional agent slash bodyguard, as he heard the shower going off. He looked at the watch on his wrist. Mark began counting time. It’s for safety precaution. If the young master is in the shower for too long, then it’s Mark’s cue to burst in by force no matter what, because there might be a possibility of an attack. Mark was hoping he wouldn’t have to resort to that; it’ll be a pain if he did. 

 

 

    About thirty minutes passed, the shower’s off, but there’s no sign of the Chairman. Knocking the back of his head back against the door, Mark sighed. The agent prepared himself for the protocol break-down. As soon as he was ready, though, Jinyoung suddenly stepped out. Mark quickly came to a halt. Jinyoung looked up at his sworn enemy through dripping wet long dark fringe. The young master brought a towel up and rubbed it over his head, slowly drying his hair, cold eyes still trained on Mark’s surprised ones. Mark swallowed softly, staring at the white button-up that’s now sort of soaked near the shoulders and chest caused by the water dripping from Jinyoung’s damp hair. Unconsciously, Mark bit his bottom lip because he sees skin and the way Jinyoung is drying his wet hair while staring intensely at Mark are triggering the wrong side of his brain.  Blinking rapidly, the agent snapped out of it, looking away immediately as he awkwardly cleared his throat. Damn, I need to get laid.

 

 

    Jinyoung, however, wasn’t amused. The young master was staring as to challenge his opponent. He was staring as to say “I ing dare you to try and touch a single strand of my hair. You’ll won’t live to see the next sunrise.” The rumor, that’s proven to be true, about the hot American Agent Tuan, who is biual, had probably ed everyone, men and women, within the K.N.S.S. spreads around like wildfire. Everyone knows how much of a natural seducer, and a godly , Mark Tuan is. Jinyoung didn’t want to dwell on it because he didn’t feel threatened at all. Why should he be? Park Jinyoung hates Mark Tuan. And Mark Tuan hates Park Jinyoung. Besides, Chairman Park is someone who’s someone like Mark can’t have. Will never have. 

 

 

    The two don’t mix very well. It’s impossible for them to end up together. Hell, Jinyoung is a rock, unmoving and unwavered, and could give two flying s about falling in love because there’s no reason to. And Mark is too versatile, to the point that he might just forgets what’s the true meaning of love and just throwing himself out there like a beautiful thorny blood-red rose he is. 

 

 

    Hate is the right feeling for them both. And there should not be anything more than that. Because if there happens to be anything more than hatred, then things would just get messier and bloodier and addictive. 

 

 

    “Mark,” Jinyoung called, voice laced authority even though his head is still a bit hazy from the hot shower. 

 

 

    It’s the way that Chairman Park calls his name that runs chills down Mark’s spine. “Yes?” 

 

 

    “You’re not allowed to sleep before me,” was all Jinyoung said before heading over to the table and opened up his laptop. 

 

 

    “Yes,” Mark replied. The young master looked up, expecting something more. With a glance, Mark mentally imagines himself straggling Jinyoung in his sleep. He sighed softly and unnoticed, “sir,” he added.

 

 

    Smirking as if he won the First place trophy, Jinyoung lets the tips of his slender fingers lay on top of the black keyboards of his MacBook. “Good boy.” 

 

 

    Mark scoffed. Throughout the entire day, not once had the young master forgot to call the agent a ‘good boy.’ What even worse was that Jinyoung did it publicly. Now everyone knows Mark Tuan as the Chairman’s . It’s ridiculous. But of course, Jinyoung one-sidedly enjoys it. Mark had thought about choosing to kill Park Jinyoung then. One less bratty for the world’s greatest favor. 

 

 

    Watching Jinyoung work was a way for Mark to kill time. His eyes occasionally drooped as he nods off for a split second. Mark would look over at the Chairman’s table and the number of instant coffee bags would multiplies. The agent started sighing to himself. He can’t sleep before Jinyoung, but when the Hell is Jinyoung going to sleep?! Mark was tired and on-edge, still trying to recover from the sleep deprivation. Somewhere in his half-asleep mind, Mark had came to the conclusion that Park Jinyoung is, indeed, not human.  

 

 

    “Can’t sleep before me,” Jinyoung suddenly reminded his guard dog, eyes still on the bright laptop’s screen and fingers still typing away at an incredible speed. 

 

 

    “I know,” Mark mumbled and tried to wake himself up by imagining puppies and kittens jumping off the Empire State building. “I’m trying.”

 

 

    “Try harder.” 

 

 

    “Excuse me, I’m human,” Mark finally snapped back, too exhausted and sleepy to be dealing with Jinyoung’s childish attitude. “I need rest, too, like everybody else. I’ve been awake for the past seventy-two hours and couldn’t even catch a break. So you.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung raised an eyebrow, “you say that, but you’ll still be following my orders, yeah?” 

 

 

    Mark shook his head and rolled his eyes, nonetheless, still managed to politely reply to his orders, “yes, sir.” 

 

 

    “Defies me and sees what happen.” Chairman Park warned, “the moment you’ve landed in Jeju and start your mission as my personal bodyguard, your life is in my hands, Tuan. I have the power to destroy everything you’ve ever loved and will love. So don’t make me.” 

 

 

    “I wouldn’t dare.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Turning on the shower, Mark s everything else. He’s filthy and in need of a clean shower. Jinyoung was already bundled up in his blanket and fast asleep for a couple of hours. And so, the agent took the chance and slipped into the shower. It’s just a quick shower. Very quick. Except the warm water felt so ing good hitting his that Mark couldn’t help but dragged his time out for a bit. But everything’s fine. The Beast probably wouldn't be awake for another good two hours. 

 

    

    Contently enjoying the shower, the agent didn’t think about the outcome of this. Snapping his eyes opened, Mark was alerted, “, my clothes.” 

 

 

    He didn’t have a change of clothes nor could he wore the old suit that’s now harbors a great chance of smelling like a mixture of leftover cold winds on sweaty skins and cologne gone bad with the musty scent of saltwater nature. Cursing at himself for being so thoughtless, Mark’s temporary mild mood dissolved with the foams. 

 

 

    It doesn’t help the uation when a knock was heard from the other side of the fancy bathroom’s door. Shutting his eyes and letting a string of curse words in his mother tongue escaped from his pretty mouth, Mark just wants to slam his head on to the hard surface of the wall of dark turquoise tiles. 

 

 

    “Have fun looking for clothes, .” 

 

 

    Mark swore he could hear the demonic smirk in Jinyoung’s bloody voice.