g r u d g e

OPERATION: HATE (PREQUEL)

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Opening his eyes, the first thing greeted the young master wasn’t sunlight, but an empty chair by the door with the unlocked handcuffs dangling from the armrest. Jinyoung rubbed his eyes and yawned, turning to lie on his back. He stared at the ceiling, listening to the voices in his head telling him to not get up today. If only he could neglected all his responsibilities and slept in instead. But he couldn’t. He’s not allowed to. 

 

 

    Jinyoung dragged himself out of bed and cursed his terrible fate. Like every morning. At this point, there wasn’t anything new to this routine. But as days and days passed, Jinyoung felt drained from these shackles he had to wear. The only thing that kept him going was the continuous chant that he’ll soon be back in Seoul. He can’t wait to get back to Seoul and strip this “Chairman" title for a while. Jinyoung could only be himself when he’s in Seoul. But here on this island, there’s no such person as Park Jinyoung. There’s only the King of all kings. There’s only Chairman Park. 

 

 

    He hates it. 

 

 

    He hates that he has to be Chairman Park. 

 

 

    If he could kill Chairman Park, he would. 

 

 

    Because Jinyoung’s life has never been the same since Chairman Park chained him down like a ferocious creature. But the feral one wasn’t Jinyoung but the Chairman. It wasn’t fair. But there’s nothing Jinyoung could do. He’s so powerless against this Beast, this demon, this tortuous self that he couldn’t get rid of. 

 

 

    “Sir,” Jaehwan greeted with a respectful bow, seeing his young master walking down the stairs, “I’ve taken care of the intruder. He’s from N.P.O. Should I-"

 

    

    The Chairman scoffed, slipping onto his suit jacket, “you’re asking me that?” 

 

 

    The Head Bodyguard shut his mouth and bowed, “I understand, sir.” 

 

 

    “Good-" 

 

 

    “No.” 

 

 

    Interrupted by another presence, Jaehwan and the young master turned towards the rude materialization of an eyesore. Mark casually approached the two with hands in his pockets, shades riding high upon the bridge of his nose, hair styled perfectly. In more simpler words, Mark is one gorgeous being. 

 

 

    Jinyoung ignored the little tug of his heart as his mind quickly flashed back to what happened last night for a second. Clearing his throat, the young master looked away, fumbling with the buttons of his suit jacket. “I give orders around here. Not you.”     

 

 

    “I know,” Mark said, “but you shouldn’t do that. He’s not just some underling from a mafia. He’s part of N.P.O., meaning he’s the government’s people. You’re just going to raise that price on your head.” 

 

 

    “Does it matter? He tried to kill me.” 

 

 

    “But you didn’t die, though.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan glanced downwards, noticing his young master’s balled fists. He lifted his head to look up. A sigh escaped his mouth softly. This wasn’t looking good. The Chairman is angry. “Mark-ssi, this doesn’t concern you. Why don’t you just go wait outside.” 

 

 

    “This does concerns me,” Mark scoffed, “I’m here as a personal bodyguard. I have to ensure safety for my client, right?” 

 

 

    “Client?” Jinyoung snapped, glaring at Mark with burning rage igniting his ice-cold eyes. 

 

 

    Mark paused, the corner of his mouth tipped upwards a little, mocking the fury in the young master’s stance, “I don’t like being refer to as your ‘dog.’ I’m a human being, not a ing pet.” 

 

 

    “You sure talk a lot today.” 

 

 

    “I’ve always talked. Just not to you.” 

 

 

    “Mark-"

 

    

    “SO what should I do?” Jaehwan cut in immediately, already predicting where this was heading to. 

 

 

    “Kill him!” 

 

 

    “No!” 

 

 

    The Head Bodyguard sighed heavily. “I’m going to listen to Young Master.” 

 

 

    Mark took off his shades and rolled his eyes, “you can’t be that stupid. If you want protect your Young Master here, then you shouldn’t-"

 

 

    “Jaehwan, this piece of isn’t your master!” The young master shouted, pointing at the agent with despite. “You listen to me!”  

 

 

    “Think about it, Jaehwan. You’re going to listen to your Young Master and kill a person of the government? They’re going to get suspicious and start an investigation. You’re putting your Young Master in danger,” Mark calmly explained, completely contrasting the brat that’s opposing him. 

 

 

    “Shut up!” Jinyoung glared, anger sitting on his shoulders as he noticed the weary glint in his Head Bodyguard’s eyes. “Jaehwan, listen-"

 

 

    “I’ll just lock him up until I could think of some kind of natural death,” and with that, Jaehwan didn’t waste anymore time listening to anyone has to say. He smoothly excused himself. 

 

 

    Jinyoung couldn’t believe was just happened. Jaehwan. Kim Jaehwan, the eleventh generation of the Kim Household, a prodigy, a trained assassin since the moment he could talk, an extremely loyal guard and probably the closest person on this island to Jinyoung, did NOT just…. That’s impossible. Jaehwan has always been obedient… 

 

 

    “Who do you ing think you are, Tuan?” 

 

 

    “Nobody, sir,” Mark shrugged, putting on his shades, “I’m just worried for your safety. Just doing my job. Nothing more. Nothing less.” 

 

 

    “You-"

 

 

    “Also, I’m here to tell you that I have business to attend to. I won’t be able to accompany you today.” 

 

 

    “What?” Jinyoung’s face showed pure annoyance, “what business? Aren’t you on your job right now? You’re just going to leave me? I thought you were ‘ensuring my safety’? What if I get killed while you’re gone? Are you going to take responsibility?” 

 

 

    The agent stared at the young master for a solid minute before he sighed, “you’ll be fine. There’s Jaehwan.” 

 

 

    Before Jinyoung could stop the urge, his mouth had already opened and those words slipped out easily. “Where are you going?” 

 

 

    “Why would you care?”

 

 

    “I… Well, I should know just in case you’re dead in a ditch somewhere, I’ll know which ditch to dig you up and send your back to that damn of a country.” The young master was so close. So close to embarrass himself. Because why should he care about where Mark was going or what Mark was doing? Mark’s well-being shouldn’t concern him. But it was undeniable that Jinyoung felt a little curious, a little concern, deep down. 

 

 

    “I can take care of myself,” Mark rolled his eyes, “I don’t need your twenty-four seven protection. Pretty sure every soul on this island knows who I belong to.”

 

 

    “What-" 

 

 

    “Anyways, have a great day,” the agent turned and walked off without another word. 

 

 

    Whatever Jinyoung was feeling, it didn’t get passed the doors when he swallowed it all down and made it to the car prepared for him. Jaehwan bowed and opened the car’s door for the young master, who was too busy looking around for a certain bodyguard. But Mark had already left. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    “You’re really going to do it?” Jackson’s hushed voice could barely be heard through the line. 

 

 

    “Yeah, I’m going to set it up right now,” Mark replied calmly. 

 

 

    “You’re a ing idiot.”

 

 

    “I know, but I’m not letting such a golden opportunity slip.” 

 

 

    Jackson didn’t respond for a while. Mark heard a bunch of rustling and static before the line went silent. The agent waited, completely understood his friend’s situation on the other side. The noises started again and a faint hiss was heard in the background. Mark sighed, already feeling the stress and pressure weighing his body down. 

 

 

    “He’s not looking good, Mark,” Jackson said, voice a bit clear this time, and there’s a bit of an edge in those words. 

 

 

    “Are backups coming, Jacks?” Mark knew Jackson was angry. Who wouldn’t be? 

 

 

    “Yeah, there’s not much we can do now. Bambam’s heavily injured. We’re out of ammo. Now, I’m just praying this place will hold until help arrives.” 

 

 

    “Jackson…”

 

 

    “It’s okay, Mark. We’ll be fine. Have some faith in us, buddy. There’s no way we’re going down like this. Don’t feel bad, because there’s nothing you can do either.”

 

 

    “I’m sorry. I should have-"

 

 

    “Stop. Don’t even go there. We’ll be fine. I’m more worried about YOU. We at least have backups over here, but you’re going to risk your life. You don’t have backups, Mark. Once you ed up, you’re really ed. Please, rethink about this bull you’re cooking up. You don’t have to do this. Stop thinking you can handle everything by yourself.” 

 

 

 

    As much as Mark knew how worried Jackson was, there’s no turning back now. Mark had already planned everything out. It’s go big or go home. Definitely go big. Very big. 

 

 

    “I’m doing it.” 

 

 

    “ you,” Jackson groaned, “you know what, fine, whatever, I don’t give a about you anymore. Go ing die for all I ing care! You son-of-a-. You never listen, do you, huh? Nope. Never. I ing hate you. Go die. I don’t ing care.” 

 

 

    “You know you don’t mean all that,” Mark chuckled, as if this whole situation was a joke to him. To some degree, though, this situation was a joke. 

 

 

    “You- God, I hate you.” 

 

 

    “I wish you luck, Jacks. Stay alive, please.” 

 

 

    Jackson scoffed, probably rolling his eyes at his friend’s ridiculousness. “No, , the one who needs the luck is YOU. I better find your back in the States soon. Don’t ing play me, Mark.” 

 

 

    “Yes, sir,” the agent laughed, “I’ll see you soon.”

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Just one more boring meeting and Jinyoung would probably hang himself. Throughout this entire day, there was nothing else but sessions and sessions of meetings with a bunch of old geezers, discussing and arguing over each other on how to better Park Group’s biggest resort. Honestly, Chairman Park could care less whose ideas were better, because all of them were trash anyways. But the meetings still dragged on for hours. By the time the clock struck ten and the sky had already bled a deep navy blue, Jinyoung was dead tired. The whole day had been a torture, and he couldn’t wait to just get out. 

 

 

    “Sir,” Jaehwan held the meeting room’s door opened for his young master.

 

 

    “What now?” The Chairman groaned, swearing he’ll kill the next person who decided to force words out of him. 

 

 

    “Tomorrow is Christmas Eve.” 

 

    

    The young master nodded knowingly, “yeah, take tomorrow and Christmas off. I’ll be fine by myself.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan shook his head, “what I mean is that you should take time off.” 

 

 

    That suggestion earned nothing but a laugh from the Chairman. “Since when have I taken time off? Don’t plan on starting now.” 

 

 

    “You should, though. You seem a lot more stressed this year. And your headaches are getting worse. Please-"

 

 

    “I’m fine.” 

 

 

    The Head Bodyguard sighed. His young master was a stubborn person. There’s really no hope in convincing someone who set on working all year-round, someone who values his empire over his life. The young master had known no break since the day he became responsible for the throne. Unlike any king, he kept pushing himself and working until he really couldn’t open his eyes anymore to depict what’s right and wrong. It’s sad. But it’s already too late. 

 

 

    Jaehwan gave up on trying. He tried every year, but of course, he should have expected the answer. Sometimes, Jaehwan looked at his young master and felt a knife to his own heart. His young master was still a young man. His young master don’t deserve all these burdens and pressures. Why did the world chose his young master? If things didn’t go as they did, would his young master turned out differently? Would his young master, instead hiding behind the persona of a heartless Beast, be someone who'd have no care for the world and just enjoys where life takes him on his own timeline? 

 

 

    Would the young master finds love and settles down? 

 

 

 

    Probably. 

 

 

 

    But things happened the way they did. And now, the pitiful young master sold his only beating heart to the darkness. And casually let the Devil carved out his soul. He had allowed Hell to ascend on him and force a thorny crown upon his innocent head. He didn’t fought back. Just accepting the new title as the Crown Prince of Hell, the child of Lucifer. Because he had already forgotten the taste of being a human being. Everything humane was stripped from him. Now, only a Beast lives within. That Beast has been untamable since. 

 

 

    It’s impossible at this point, but Jaehwan had a sliver of hope that someone has the power enough to cure his young master from this disease, to free his young master from this curse, to tame that wild Beast. 

 

 

    “Jaehwan-ah.”

 

 

    Lifting his head up to the call, “I heard that correctly, right?” 

 

 

    “What?” 

 

 

    “Young Master, you called me ‘Jaehwan-ah’… That’s kind of a big deal.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung rolled his eyes, “I just wanted to ask something.”

 

 

    “Yes?” 

 

 

    “Has…” A pause. And a soft throat clear. “Has Mark returns?” 

 

 

    “Um, no. Actually…” 

 

 

    “What. Say it. Now.” 

 

 

    Jaehwan was a bit taken back at the demanding attitude. Well, the young master has always been demanding. But… Never over someone before. “Actually, Mark-ssi hasn’t called in all day. I don’t know his whereabouts either. If you want, though, I can call him right now-"

    

 

    “No need!” Jinyoung quickly waved it off, “I-I was just asking…” 

 

 

    A little smirk couldn’t help but tugged on Jaehwan’s lips. Park Jinyoung was never the type to ‘just ask’ like that. Since when have the coldhearted Chairman ever cares about whether someone had returned or not? And definitely not when that someone was Mark Tuan. The Chairman hates that agent. Right? 

 

 

 

    “I’m here,” that agent appeared with a smile on his pretty face. 

 

 

    “Mark-ssi!” Jaehwan waved excitedly for no reason, which earned a glare from the young master. But of course, Jaehwan didn’t noticed. 

 

 

    “I’m sorry I left for too long,” Mark winked, “didn’t think you’ll miss me this much.” 

 

 

    “Excuse me?” The Chairman crossed his arms against his chest and scoffed. “What kind of nonsense…”

 

 

    “I’m back now, so it’s all good,” the agent shrugged with a little smile. He turned to Jaehwan and sighed, “sorry, the thing I had to do took a bit longer than expected. I can take things from here now. You can go rest, Jaehwan.” 

 

    

    “It’s really not much. I had to cancel a few sessions, but it’s all right. My whole purpose is to protect our Young Master anyways,” Jaehwan smiled, “but yeah, since you’re here, I’ll hand over our Young Master now.”

 

 

    “I’m not a ing object. Stop with this handing-over bull. I can take care of myself,” Jinyoung scowled, obviously in no mood to take a joke. Without another word, the Chairman walked off grumpily. 

 

 

    They stared at the Chairman’s back for a while. Each with different intentions in mind. Jaehwan broke the stare first and looked over at Mark, whose gaze hid behind those shades. Damn. Jaehwan wished Mark didn’t wore those bothersome shades, or else, he would have a perfect read of the agent’s face. 

 

 

    “You sure you want to spend the rest of the night with him?’ Jaehwan asked. 

 

 

    “I don’t want to, but I have to,” Mark replied, pressing his lips into a thin line, already accepting his unchanging fate. 

 

 

    “I mean, I can still do it so you could go home. You’ve been gone the whole day, might as well just take the rest of the day off and show up tomorrow.”  

 

 

    “Would he like that, though?” As soon as Mark finished his sentence, his phone buzzed in his pants’ pocket. Mark took out the device and read the message. After a few second, he sighed, holding up the phone to Jaehwan. “Nope, he wouldn’t.” 

 

 

    The younger laughed, finding his young master’s demands for a particular agent a lot more amusing than he had thought. “Well, this is the biggest resort on Jeju. You won’t be as bored. Also, it’s right next to a huge body of water, so if things get too much, you can always drown yourself.” 

 

 

    “Oh, trust me, I will,” Mark laughed along. “All right, I have to go now, or his Majesty going to start throwing s. Have a good night.” 

 

 

    Nodding understandingly, Jaehwan gave a little wave. He watched Mark’s back until it disappeared as the agent took a turn. Jaehwan sighed, rubbing his tired eyes with his the back of his hand. “Have fun, you two.” 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

    

    “This is quite nice,” Mark commented, looking out at the outstretch of the dark waters. 

 

 

    “Yeah, it is,” Jinyoung nodded with a little smile, also looking out at the calm waves of the night. 

 

 

    Although it’s winter and the winds hadn’t stopped blowing, They really didn’t mind just standing on the sand, watching the moon’s reflection kissing the waters below. Everything was drifting at its own speed, peaceful and graceful.

 

 

    Mark smiled, taking off his shades and pocketed them. He shrugged off his suit jacket and tie, dropping them on the sand. Next came his shoes and socks, the smile on his face never faded. “Wow, the sand is soft~” Mark singsonged, rolling up the sleeves of white button-up to his elbows. 

 

 

    Jinyoung turned back and quirked an eyebrow, “what are you doing? It’s cold!” 

 

 

    The agent just responded with a grin, then he took off running towards the water. Before Jinyoung could think about his actions, he had already running after Mark yelling for the agent to stop because it’s ing freezing. 

 

 

    But Mark was having too much fun. The moment his feet collided with the waters, he shivered, feeling the frost hitting him good. “Damn, this feels so ing awesome!” Mark advanced further, ignoring the extreme coldness sticking to his skin. He might freeze to death, but that’s okay. Tomorrow was an important day. And if Mark wanted to spend his last hours on Earth waist-deep in these waters, then so be it. 

 

 

    “Hey! Are you ing crazy?!” Jinyoung shouted, stopped immediately before the tip of his leather shoes could touched the incoming tides. “Come back out! You’re going to freeze to death!” 

 

 

    “I know!” Mark’s laughter echoed throughout the night. Probably going to wake up some VIPs who decided it’ll be a good idea to rent out near the beach in the middle of a cruel winter. But Mark doesn’t care. He’s having too much fun. “Come on! It’s awesome!” 

 

 

    Jinyoung stared at his bodyguard in disbelief. Never had he ever seen anyone who could laugh like that whilst getting himself wet as in cold- water in the middle of a dead- winter. Mark was definitely something else. Watching Mark splashing around like a little child, Jinyoung’s face softened for some reason he wasn’t too sure. But it was interesting to just stand inland and observe. Jinyoung didn’t want to admit it to himself, or anyone for that matter, but the moonlight was doing all kinds of justice to Mark’s already beautiful face and… Goodness gracious, even more beautiful body. 

 

 

    The way that soaked white shirt just hugging the agent’s body like a second layer of skin. In the dim light of the moon, a lot under that shirt can be make out, giving that it’s white and wet. And Lord have mercy… The way Mark just pushed his wet hair back in a smooth motion with his hand while eyes casted down at the waters and lips parted a little enough to reveal those sharp canines...

 

 

    It was basically a free show. 

 

 

    A free show that Jinyoung very much enjoyed without knowing. 

 

 

    Until…

 

 

    “What the ?!” The young master yelped. The chills immediately shot up his spine. Jinyoung thought it was over, but he was so wrong. More splashes of water attacked him. He held out his arms to shied his face as he quickly moved away. “HEY! Stop that!” 

 

 

    Mark laughed continuously, hands kept sweeping up water and throwing it at Jinyoung. “You’re so boring!” 

 

 

    “Stop it! It’s ing cold!” 

 

 

    “You’ll get used to it!” 

 

 

    “STOP!”

 

 

    “Awe~ Aren’t you such a baby~ Can’t even stand being a little wet?” 

 

 

    Annoyance boiled within his bloodstreams. He desperately wanted to wipe that teasing smirk off Mark’s face. Glaring at the agent, the young master’s anger only fueled. Scoffing, Jinyoung ed his suit jacket and hastily removed it. “That’s it! How dare you?! Becoming bold now?! Not scared that I’ll ing rip you to pieces?!” 

 

 

    “WOOO!” Mark cupped a hand over his mouth and cheered. “TAKE IT OFF! TAKE IT OFF!” 

 

 

    Down to his white button-up and black slacks, surprisingly, Jinyoung didn’t feel cold at all. But rather warm. Maybe from the rush of blood he’s experience out of rage. The young master rolled up his sleeves and pants, feeling the soft sand between his bare toes for the first time in a while. When was the last time Jinyoung had been to the beach? He doesn’t remember. 

 

 

    “Come here!” The young master waved, lips turning up an amused smirk. 

 

 

    Mark chuckled, shaking his head, eyes disappearing behind a sweet smile, “no, I’m good! Not stupid~” 

 

 

    “It’s pretty fun up here,” Jinyoung said, sighing softly and breathing in the freshness of the ocean, “you’re missing out.” 

 

 

    “Weeeeeell~” Mark grinned, “it’s pretty fun down here, too! You’re missing out.”

 

 

    “You sure- HEY!” Jinyoung flinched as the water hit him again, soaking his shirt. Now, he’s really feeling the chills. “YOU ER!” 

 

 

    “Oh !” Mark gasped, quickly turning back towards the deeps of the waters when he witnessed an angry Jinyoung racing down. Mark didn’t know how far he got, but it wasn’t long before he could feel splashes of cold water repeatedly smacked onto his body. “! Chill!” 

 

 

    “What’s wrong? Can’t stand being a little wet?” Jinyoung mocked, still actively punishing Mark for the earlier attacks. It was Jinyoung’s turn to laugh now, enjoying Mark’s suffering. 

 

 

    “Don’t play me,” Mark growled in the midst of dodging the splashes. 

 

 

    “Oh, no! I’m soooooo scared!” Jinyoung rolled his eyes, completely set aside that little tingling feeling on his skin when he heard that deepness of Mark’s angry voice. 

 

 

    Mark didn’t say anything more just turned and started heading towards Jinyoung, who actually sensed danger and slowly backed away. Mark titled his head a little, eyes glazing with sparks of predatory. “You’re too dry.” 

 

 

    Jinyoung gulped, blinking rapidly, “um… What-"

 

 

    Then the agent suddenly disappeared. Jinyoung panicked, turning his head frantically in search for his bodyguard. He braced himself, because that shivering feeling crawling down his spine sure felt really real. Standing still on high alert, Jinyoung wasn’t going down without a fight-

 

 

    “What the fu-“ Jinyoung was going down without a fight after all. Something zoomed past him, and the next thing he knew, his and back were already hitting the waters. He tried getting up, but the waves started coming in and washed him back into the waters again. When he could finally stood up, his entire self was soaked from head to toes. His clothes wrapped around him firmly, shaping the bulges of his abs, the thickness of his thighs, the healthy round curve of his . And holy ing Hell, it was damn cold. 

 

 

    “Oops,” Mark shrugged, smirking at his target. Uncontrollably, Mark’s eyes couldn’t resist the temptation and did a full scan of that glorious view in matter of seconds, so it wouldn’t be too obvious. 

 

 

    “ you,” Jinyoung hissed angrily, staring down at himself and feeling as if he had already froze to death. 

 

 

    “You want to?” 

 

 

    Jinyoung’s jaw dropped open at Mark’s shamelessness. The agent burst out laughing just from one glance at the young master’s priceless expression. A heart-wrenching feeling twisted in Mark’s gut. Of course, he was joking. But somewhere underneath all the laughters and teases, Mark knew exactly what he wanted. But this wasn’t the time for that. 

 

 

    “I hate you,” Jinyoung spat, pitying himself for falling into Mark’s stupid tricks. “I-"  

 

 

    “Woah! Careful!” 

 

 

    The next crash of waves came unexpected. They smashed against the young master, throwing him forwards. Mark widened his eyes in surprise and, on reflex, caught Jinyoung in a split second before the young master’s face planted in the saltwater. The agent tried to stood his grounds, balancing himself and the extra weight. 

 

 

    Having his eyes shut, Jinyoung held onto the first thing. His heart leaped out of his chest at the sudden scare. When he was certain everything had calm down, Jinyoung slowly opened his eyes. And… He definitely didn’t expect himself to be clinging onto the person he hates most. Took a while for him to process the fact that he’s hugging Mark’s equally wet body and that his face was planted right in said male’s broad chest. 

 

 

    Jinyoung froze. What’s he’s supposed to do? 

 

 

    This is embarrassing, Jinyoung thought, desperately wanting to crawl into a hole and ing die. 

 

 

    “Um…” Mark cleared his throat, grabbed Jinyoung’s shoulders and slowly pulled the young master apart. 

 

 

    They came to face each other. Eyes met in the sweetest way that they’ve ever looked at each other. Suddenly, the atmosphere just turned familiar for the two. Like last night, they both felt it. Felt their hearts ramming against their ribcages, trying hard to reach out to the other’s through that awful barricade. Their bodies pressed close together, feeling up each other’s cold skins through soaked transparent shirts that would have been better off. 

 

 

    Everything else was long forgotten. The cold stopped bothering them ages ago. Because now, they’re feeding the warmth radiating from each other’s bodies, each other’s bleeding heart, each other’s suppressed feelings, each other’s raw desires. The air so thick around them, making it harder and harder to breathe by the seconds. Their own heartbeats screaming loudly in their ears. 

 

 

    Mark dropped his gaze first, following the droplets traveling down to Jinyoung’s parted rosy lips. Mesmerized and out of his goddamn mind, Mark just stared and stared… 

 

 

    Jinyoung balled his hands into fists on his sides, shoulders tensed and unable to breathe. It’s like all the oxygen in his body was just stuck at his throat, compiling there until he explodes or passes out from the lack of it. His self conscious increased the longer Mark decided to stare at his lips like that. But Jinyoung was too scared to move. Because deep within, that purer part of him, prayed for Mark to just stop hesitating and close this terrible distance between them. 

 

 

    But Jinyoung knew better than that. 

 

 

    Does he? 

 

 

    His eyes caught the way Mark’s hair fell to his face. Caught how the moonlight seemed to love dancing on top of Mark’s dark locks. Caught how the ocean seemed to have calm down completely, probably, because Mark was standing in it. Caught how winter winds seemed to stop blowing, because Mark was cold. Caught how time seemed to pause, because Mark demanded so. Jinyoung caught how everything was so in love with this Mark Tuan. So in love to the point, the world would freeze on its axis if that’s what Mark wishes. 

 

 

    Jinyoung had always thought he has the world in the palms of his hands. 

 

 

    But he was wrong. 

 

 

    He was just another one of those. 

 

 

    Another one of those that scrapped its knees and hurt and fell so hard for the true ruler of the world. 

 

 

    Mark was the actual one who has the whole world under his fingertips. 

 

 

    Right in this moment, Mark held the power to suffocate that Beast. 

 

 

    Right in this moment, Jinyoung felt like himself. He felt like the Park Jinyoung he’s always been. 

 

 

    Right in this moment, there was no Chairman Park. 

 

 

    Right in this moment, there was only Jinyoung. 

 

 

    Simple and softhearted Park Jinyoung. 

 

 

    A Jinyoung that has a beating heart. 

 

 

    A Jinyoung with feelings. 

 

 

    A Jinyoung that’s capable of… 

 

 

    “Your hair grew too long,” Jinyoung reached up and pushed those fallen strands from Mark’s face. With a gentle smile, he ran his fingers through those tempting damp locks. “When was the last time you’ve cut it?” 

 

 

    “Jinyoung…” Mark sighed, a little breathless, “what are you doing…”

 

 

    Like the spell has been broken, Jinyoung snapped out of it. His hand froze on the side of Mark’s head. Time started flowing again, laughing loudly in his face. He locked eyes with Mark’s, and everything shattered. Broken pieces of glass pierced through every inch of his skin. Jinyoung bled out painfully. This wasn’t how it supposed to happen… Why can’t he just live in peace… Why can’t he just be who he was… Why can’t he… Why… 

 

 

    Pushing Mark away, Jinyoung’s soft gaze turned ice-cold again, “I… It’s cold. I’m going up.” 

 

 

    What’s going? 

 

    

    Why did I do that? 

 

 

    Jinyoung, get yourself together. 

 

 

    You know exactly who you’re supposed to be. 

 

 

    So be that person. 

 

    

    You can’t be anyone else here but that person.

 

 

    Even if you’re not that person…

 

 

    Park Jinyoung, you know you two weren’t meant to be. 

 

 

 

 

 

+

+

+

 

 

 

 

 

    Sighing, Mark kind of regretted carelessly going into the waters in this y weather. He’s still soaking wet and freezing with only a dry suit jacket to keep himself from not shivering so much. Mark wrapped the jacket tighter around his body. Though cold and sort of tired, his eyes still wandered out into the calming calls of the waves. It’s truly was beautiful. If this was the last thing he gets to fully appreciates, then death doesn’t seems to be too much of a bad idea. 

 

 

    “Tomorrow is Eve’s,” Jinyoung’s quiet voice made Mark turned his head, “you can take the day off. And the day after, too, since it’s Christmas…” 

 

 

    Jinyoung wasn’t looking at Mark, but rather eyes on the ocean stretched widely ahead. Mark didn’t mind that. Because the side of the young master’s face was pretty pleasing to look at. Shaking his head, Mark smiled bitterly, “no, it’s okay. You don’t take days off. And I’m your bodyguard, so I shouldn’t also.”

 

 

    “I can take care of myself, goddamnit.” 

 

 

    “I know you can,” Mark sighed, “but I just… I just want to spend my last day alive with you, Jinyoung-ah.” That last part was more to himself. Mark doesn’t know if Jinyoung had heard it. Jinyoung shouldn’t, though. Mark hoped he didn’t. Because it’ll just complicates everything. 

 

 

    “What do you mean…” Jinyoung lowered his head, staring down at the golden sand sparkling like stars. 

 

 

    Mark scoffed. Of course, Jinyoung would hear it. There’s that demon within Mark that would do anything for Jinyoung to hear every single thing he has to say about his true feelings. Turning towards the building, Mark decided to just leave the scene and headed back inside the resort, hoping that at least this would give them both enough room to breathe. “I’d really like it if you don’t care too much, Mister Chairman.” 

 

 

    “…”

 

 

    Mark didn’t look back. “We’re supposed to hate each other, remember?” 

 

 

    But Jinyoung…

 

 

    Jinyoung-ah…

 

 

    I… 

 

    

    I’m sorry… 

 

 

    I can’t help it…

 

 

    I’ve already… 

 

 

    Already so….