Chapter 7 - Could this be the start to 'us'?

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

Taehyung closes his eyes and can’t think of anything else but the touch of his love. Taehyung feels as though his heart is beating in sync with Jungkook’s. He smiles and places his hand on Jungkook’s cheek. Everything in that moment makes Taehyung happier. Despite the events that played out previously, he can’t help but feel happy.

 

Taehyung’s eyes widen at Jungkook’s comment. He can’t believe what he just heard, did Jungkook just ask him to kiss him? No, that couldn’t be possible. He probably heard wrong, besides, Jungkook isn’t in the right frame of mind.

 

“What did you just say?” Taehyung asks.

 

Jungkook blushes slightly, “I… I asked if you could kiss me.” Jungkook’s words slow down because of his exhaustion.

 

Taehyung’s face turns the same shade as Jungkook’s. Taehyung’s desire to kiss Jungkook doubled, he never would’ve thought that Jungkook would ask. Although, there was one problem that arose in Taehyung’s mind. Jungkook was unwell.

 

He would never say that to me if he wasn’t unwell. Taehyung thought to himself. If I kiss him now he’ll soon get better and he’ll avoid me thinking I’m disgusting. Taehyung’s heart sank at the thought of Jungkook disliking him.

 

Taehyung gives Jungkook a kiss on the forehead and smiles at the maknae, “Go to sleep Jungkook, you’re unwell.” Taehyung says and leaves the room.

 

Jungkook lies in bed, he feels as though his heart just broke in half. He wonders to himself if he just got rejected. He wonders about what Taehyung is thinking right now, he wonders if Taehyung hates him. Jungkook regrets asking for his hyung to kiss him.

 

Jungkook decides that it would be good if he slept it off. So, that’s what Jungkook does, he closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.

 

Taehyung, on the other hand, couldn’t keep still. He keeps pacing the hallways unsure of what to do. Taehyung knew he had to do something to keep his mind off the maknae or he feels he’ll go crazy.

 

Taehyung decides he’ll go out and get Jungkook some food that’s easy to digest, and a sports drink. While walking down to the convenience store, Taehyung realises he has no idea as to what he should get Jungkook. Taehyung’s weakest point is cooking so he knows he should get something that isn’t difficult to make.

 

Once he decided on some porridge, cold medicine and a sports drink, Taehyung walks back to the room. He walks slower than he usually would hoping that when he gets back Jungkook is asleep. When Taehyung arrives at the hotel he stands out front of the door for about 5 minutes before walking in.

 

He walks in to see Jungkook sleeping peacefully on the bed. Taehyung walks over to the maknae and puts his hand on the maknae’s head to see if he has a fever. Taehyung smiles when he feels that Jungkook is the right temperature.

 

Jungkook has a small coughing fit in his sleep then relaxes and goes back to a peaceful state. Taehyung frowns a bit and feels his heart reach out for sick Jungkook. Taehyung goes to the small kitchen and makes Jungkook some porridge so he can take some cold medicine.

 

Once the porridge is made Taehyung walks over to the sleeping maknae with it. He places the porridge on the bedside table and admires Jungkook. Taehyung’s hand runs down Jungkook’s soft face. He moves a piece of hair out of his face and rests his forehead on Jungkook’s.

 

Taehyung closes his eyes and can’t think of anything else but the touch of his love. Taehyung feels as though his heart is beating in sync with Jungkook’s. He smiles and places his hand on Jungkook’s cheek. Everything in that moment makes Taehyung happier. Despite the events that played out previously, he can’t help but feel happy.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?” A sleepy Jungkook asks.

 

Taehyung’s eyes snap open and he sees Jungkook staring back at him. Taehyung moves his face away from Jungkook’s and adverts his eyes. Jungkook looks at Taehyung questionably trying to figure out what his hyung is thinking.

 

“I was…” Taehyung starts trying to think of a lie. “I was checking your temperature.” Taehyung smiles.

 

“With your forehead?” Jungkook raises an eyebrow.

 

“Yeah?” Taehyung obviously sounds unsure.

 

“Hyung, you’re a bad liar.” Jungkook rubs his eyes and sits up.

 

Taehyung looks down at the bedside table, “I made you some porridge and got you some medicine.” Taehyung changes the subject.

 

Jungkook looks over to the bedside table and sees the warm porridge sitting there. He sees next to it is a box of medicine. Jungkook smiles at the nice gesture Taehyung showed him. Jungkook’s chest feels warm and pleasant. He never knew this type of feeling could come from such a small act of kindness.

 

“Hyung, thank you so much. You shouldn’t have.” Jungkook smiles.

 

“I wanted to.” Taehyung smiles back feeling happy that Jungkook appreciates it.

 

Jungkook takes the medicine and then puts a spoonful of porridge in. He suddenly feels his body freeze as he tastes the disgusting porridge. Jungkook looks down and wonders how his Hyung could mess up something as simple as porridge.

 

“Is it okay?” Taehyung asks curiously.

 

Jungkook swallows the mouth and smiles at his hyung, “It tastes good.” He lies so that Taehyung doesn’t feel bad.

 

Taehyung smiles widely and Jungkook knows now that he can never go back on his word. He puts another spoonful in and forces himself not to make any signs that he finds it disgusting. Slowly, Jungkook finishes off the bowl and sits there wondering if it was edible.

 

“There’s more if you want some,” Taehyung tells Jungkook.

 

“No thank you hyung, I’m really full.” He smiles trying to keep the porridge down.

 

Taehyung nods and helps Jungkook lie back down, “Make sure you rest lots. The doctor said you have to get plenty of rest.” Taehyung smiles.

 

Jungkook nods and closes his eyes. It doesn’t take long before Jungkook has drifted off to sleep. Taehyung takes Jungkook’s bowl and decides to do the dishes. He looks at the porridge hungrily and takes a spoonful of it.

 

Taehyung gags loudly and spins around quickly in hopes he didn’t wake Jungkook. To his delight, he sees the maknae sleeping peacefully. Taehyung looks down at the porridge and wonders how it tastes so bad.

 

“How did Jungkook eat it all and pretend it tasted good?” Taehyung questions and then he realises.

 

When Taehyung realises that it was so he didn’t feel bad he felt happier than ever. He looks at the sleeping maknae and walks over to him. Taehyung leans over and kisses the maknae on the forehead.

 

“If you didn’t like it, you could’ve just said so. I wouldn’t have minded at all.” Taehyung smiles.

 

“I wanted you to be happy,” Jungkook says in his sleep. “All I want is for you to be happy Taehyung.” Jungkook mumbles.

 

“I want you to be happy as well Jungkook.” Taehyung whispers. “I’ll do anything to make you happy.”

 

            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry that it took so long to update this chapter. In all honesty, I am not impressed with the outcome of this chapter, so I promise you all that I will try to make my next chapter better. I also want to inform you all that I have plans for uploading a new fanfic soon. It is a Yoongi x reader so if any of you are interested in reading it, I will be uploading it within the next few days.

 

I would like to ask that if you have any ideas or requests throughout this fanfic that you think would make it more interesting then do comment it. I would also love to hear your feedback on the chapter so that I know how to improve and suit your taste more on the next chapter. Thank you for staying with me this long. I love you and hope you have a wonderful day. Thank you again, I really do appreciate that you have stayed with Taekook and myself for this long.