Chapter 9 - "My Man"

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

Taehyung puts his arm around Jungkook’s waste and snuggles into him. Jungkook can feel his heart pick up in speed. Taehyung can hear Jungkook’s heart beating crazily like his. This has Taehyung questioning as to why his heart is beating in sync with his.

 

The Hawaii trip was soon over for the 7 boys. Ever since Jimin walked in on Taehyung and Jungkook he has been having his suspicions about the two boys. He kept a close eye on them for the rest of the trip but hadn’t found anything that’s out of the ordinary.

 

While on the plane, Jimin had placed in-between the two boys but they didn’t seem unnatural, in fact, they seemed too natural. Jimin didn’t know what was going on between the two but it was obvious something had changed while in Hawaii.

 

Jimin rests his head on Taehyung’s shoulder and fell asleep. He decided it was better to not pry into their personal business, he was probably overthinking everything anyway.

 

The other members had fallen asleep but Jungkook and Taehyung had stayed awake. Jungkook and Taehyung felt awkward talking to each other because of the events that played out in Hawaii. Even though they could act naturally in Hawaii, they felt differently.

 

“So… About that time.” Jungkook starts.

 

“Ahh, when you were sick?” Taehyung asks.

 

“Yeah… Um… I’m sorry about that, I didn’t mean to say it.” Jungkook starts. “I was sick you see.” He laughs awkwardly. “I didn’t mean it.” Jungkook lies.

 

Taehyung laughs awkwardly as well, “I knew you didn’t mean it. You were sick, if you weren’t you would never have said something like that.”

 

“Yeah, exactly.” Jungkook laugh.

 

An awkward silence comes between the two. Jungkook and Taehyung sit there not knowing what to say or what to do. Jungkook pulls out his phone and starts playing games so Taehyung decides he’ll listen to music.

 

“I’m going to go to sleep,” Taehyung says.

 

“Goodnight hyung.” Jungkook nods.

 

After a long plane trip, the boys arrive back in Korea. They all go back to the company to greet their manager, then they go back to their dormitory to relax for the rest of the day. The boys feel exhausted from the long plane flight but they can’t sleep due to jet lag.

 

“Hey, guys!” Taehyung says excitedly.

 

The other 6 members look at him. Taehyung holds up something that he’s obviously excited about.

 

“Do you guys want to watch a movie?” Taehyung asks.

 

“I want to try to sleep,” Yoongi says.

 

“I’m the same,” Namjoon says.

 

“I’m going to be making us all some dinner.” Seokjin walks off.

 

“I just want to relax,” Hoseok says sympathetically.

 

“I’ll watch it.” Jungkook smiles.

 

“I will too,” Jimin says.

 

The maknae’s walk to the couch and put on the movie. Taehyung is in the middle of Jimin and Jungkook. Taehyung feels nervous while sitting next to Jungkook. Ever since he found out that he had feelings for the maknae, Taehyung’s heart won’t stop beating like crazy around him.

 

Jimin leans his head on me so Taehyung decides that he can take this opportunity to lean his head on Jungkook’s shoulder. Jungkook stiffens for a moment before he relaxes. Taehyung wants to grab Jungkook’s hand but he knows that he can’t.

 

“I’m cold,” Jimin says.

 

“I am too.” Taehyung smiles.

 

“I’ll get a blanket,” Jimin says and does just that.

 

He brings two blankets and Taehyung smiles taking one from him. Taehyung puts the blanket over Jungkook and him. Jungkook looks at Taehyung questionably but Taehyung doesn’t let off any hints.

 

Taehyung puts his arm around Jungkook’s waste and snuggles into him. Jungkook can feel his heart pick up in speed. Taehyung can hear Jungkook’s heart beating crazily like his. This has Taehyung questioning as to why his heart is beating in sync with his.

 

Jungkook puts his hand on Taehyung’s hand, Taehyung’s eyes widen at the gesture but he holds Jungkook’s hand. A smile forms on both boy’s face and they watch the movie without moving an inch. Before the movie finished all 3 of the boys had fallen asleep.

 

 

“Wake up! It’s time to get up boys!” All the boys are woken up by the manager.

 

The boys struggle to get up, but one by one they all get wake up. Although, Taehyung is the hardest to get up. He clings onto Jungkook so that he stays in his comfortable position and refuses to get up.

 

“Hyung.” I sleepy Jungkook whines. “Get off me.” He tries to push Taehyung off but instead starts falling asleep.

 

Jimin stands up and looks at the two boys on the couch fast asleep. He feels anger boil up inside him for a moment before he walks off ignoring the two. He walks past the manager who’s waking them all up and gives him notice that Jungkook and Taehyung are asleep on the couch.

 

After an agonising half an hour, everyone is finally up and getting ready for work. The boys regret not leaving a day earlier because they’re so exhausted, but they enjoyed the trip so they’re happy they stayed.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook were the two who went to bed the latest and that resulted in them being the most exhausted. While going to the company, they couldn’t keep their eyes open. While being in their manager’s room and talking about their trip to Hawaii, they were falling asleep. Even when they should’ve been practising they just couldn’t find the energy to do it.

 

“Can you two just stay awake?!” An angry Jimin finally snaps.

 

The two boys jump in their spots at the back corner of their dance room. Jungkook rubs his eyes and sits up. Taehyung, on the other hand, gets more comfortable. This makes Jimin angrier.

 

“Taehyung, you need to get up and practice now!” He almost yells while walking over to Taehyung. “We’re all feeling what you’re feeling right now. The difference is that we’re dealing with it. Hurry up and get up.” Jimin grabs Taehyung’s hand and pulls him.

 

“Jimin, stop.” Taehyung pulls back on his hand.

 

“Hurry up and get up.” Jimin ignores the butterfly feeling in his stomach.

 

Taehyung sighs in defeat and sits up. He opens his eyes slightly and tries to look around but his vision is blurry from being so exhausted. Taehyung rubs his eyes and while trying to focus his eyes, he finds Jungkook. Jungkook seems to be the only things his eyes can focus on.

 

Taehyung looks at Jungkook who is standing with the rest of the group and staring at him. Jungkook looks just as exhausted as he does. Taehyung feels terrible knowing that he was the reason that Jungkook was more tired than he needed to be.

 

Taehyung sees that Jungkook’s hair is messy. Jungkook’s skin is also pale, almost the same colour and Yoongi. His eyes seem to be lifeless and dull. Taehyung knows that all these things are happening because of how exhausted he is.

 

Taehyung stands up and walks over to the maknae. He smiles his goofy smile and places his hand on the maknae’s hair. Taehyung couldn’t keep the desire of touching Jungkook under control so he decided to fix his hair. Taehyung fixes it for him while Jungkook just stares at him. Taehyung and Jungkook look into each other’s eyes for a moment but Jungkook looks away so the others don’t notice.

 

Although, someone does notice. Someone did notice the way they looked into each other’s eyes. Someone noticed that even though Taehyung couldn’t see anything, Jungkook was the only thing his eyes could focus on. Someone noticed the way Taehyung couldn’t keep his hand to himself and desired to touch Jungkook so he just fixed his hair up.

 

Someone noticed that there’s a feeling coming from both of the boys and it’s not just a friendship feeling. The person that noticed it feels angrier than he has ever felt. He feels as though within that moment, everything that he had tried to keep hidden surfaced and got trampled on.

 

“Come on Jimin.” Taehyung swings his arm around the member. “You got angry that I wasn’t practising so you better practice too.”
 

Jimin looks at Jungkook who’s obviously trying to not look at the two but keeps glancing over. He can see the jealousy in Jungkook’s eye’s, although, he’s good at covering it up. Jimin can’t help but smile. Yes. He thinks to himself. Taehyung is my man.