Chapter 16 - Secret

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

"I don't know how Jungkookie can exercise after practising for 6 hours straight." Jimin shakes his head.  

  

"He is weird like that." Taehyung smiles, "But I like that about him."  

  

"What? That he exercises an excessive amount?" Jimin looks at Taehyung questionably.  

  

"No, that he has something that he enjoys doing and continues to do it. He doesn't worry about us thinking he's insane, he thinks it's fun so he carries on." Taehyung says while keeping his eyes on Jungkook. "I really do like that about him." 

   

The week of living together had gone by faster than the boys anticipated. It wasn't long before they were unpacking their clothes in their dorm. Jungkook and Taehyung felt a bit weird not sharing a room together, but they're excited that they get to be back with the boys.  

   

"I'm glad you two sorted out the issue," Seokjin says while the boys are in their practice room at the company.  

   

"We are too." Taehyung smiles.  

   

"What was the issue going on between you two?" Namjoon asks curiously.  

   

The two boys feel their heart stop for a moment. They hadn't thought of what to say to the other's when they ask what the issue was. Jungkook and Taehyung look at each other trying to figure out what to say.  

   

"Well..." Taehyung starts.  

   

"There was a... Misunderstanding?" Jungkook asks.  

   

"Yeah, I had accidentally said some things that hurt Jungkook." Taehyung nods obviously lying.  

   

"And you were offended by it for over 2 weeks?" Namjoon asks Jungkook.  

   

"Yes?" Jungkook says knowing that they're not believing the story.  

   

"At least try to come up with something believable." Yoongi pipes up.   

   

"If they don't want to tell us we should just leave it. At least they're on good terms again, it seems as though they're closer now." Jimin puts his arms around Jungkook and Taehyung's shoulders.  

   

Jimin smiles at Jungkook with a knowing smile. Jungkook looks down at the ground momentarily and then back at Jimin. Jungkook forces a smile and puts his arm around Jimin's waist.   

   

"Thanks, Jimin." Jungkook smiles.  

   

Jimin nods and the removes his arms from the two boys. The rest of BTS decide to let Taehyung and Jungkook keep the issue a secret between the two. The all decide that it's time they should start practising.  

   

After practice, the boys lie on the ground in exhaustion. Taehyung grabs the towel that's next to him and wipes the bead of sweat from his head. Jimin puts his hand out asking silently for the towel and Taehyung gives his towel to Jimin.  

   

"I like your bracelet," Jimin says to Taehyung.  

   

Taehyung smiles, "Thanks." He says touching the bracelet instinctively.  

   

"Where'd you get it? I haven't seen it before." Jimin asks.  

   

Taehyung's eyes move to Jungkook who's standing up and grabbing his water bottle. Jungkook shakes his head subtly and Taehyung knows that he has to keep it a secret.  

   

"I saw it while hanging out with Jungkook yesterday and thought it looked cool." Taehyung shrugs.  

   

"It's not something Gucci for once." Jimin teases.   

   

Taehyung playfully punches Jimin's arm, "I don't always buy Gucci things."  

   

"Says the one wearing a Gucci shirt right now. Oh, and who also has a Gucci phone case." Jimin playfully punches Taehyung's arm.  

   

Taehyung and Jimin throw playful insults towards each other. Jungkook sits on the other side of the room feels a bit of jealousy build up within him. He knows Jimin's feelings for Taehyung so he can't help but feel nervous while watching them play but he doesn't want to get between their friendship just because of his selfish feelings.  

   

Jungkook decides that it's best to not pay attention to the boys so he puts in his earphones and decides to do some exercising. He jogs around the practice room receiving disapproval looks from all the other member's. Although Jungkook is used to the disapproving looks, no one understands that he finds pushing his body to keep going and exercising fun.   

  

"I don't know how Jungkookie can exercise after practising for 6 hours straight." Jimin shakes his head.  

  

"He is weird like that." Taehyung smiles, "But I like that about him."  

  

"What? That he exercises an excessive amount?" Jimin looks at Taehyung questionably.  

  

"No, that he has something that he enjoys doing and continues to do it. He doesn't worry about us thinking he's insane, he thinks it's fun so he carries on." Taehyung says while keeping his eyes on Jungkook. "I really do like that about him." 

  

Jimin watches Taehyung and feels a pang in his heart. He knew in that moment that Taehyung would never look at him. He's always known that all Taehyung has ever seen is Jungkook, but now he feels that Taehyung has taken a step closer to Jungkook and further from him.  

  

Jimin looks down at Taehyung's bracelet again curious as to why Taehyung would buy it. Taehyung doesn't wear bracelets often. He would only wear them if it were for an outfit or for a costume for performances/shooting.   

  

Jimin then realises that it has some words on it. He looks closer trying to make them out but from the angle, he can only make out an 'm'. Jimin decides to give up for the time being, but he wants to see if he can read it another time.  

  

After finishing work, the boys decide to go out for dinner to celebrate having Jungkook and Taehyung back. They go out to have barbeque meat. While going there, Jimin could see that Taehyung and Jungkook were closer but he didn't know how much closer they were.  

  

'Why didn't you wear your bracelet?' Taehyung texts Jungkook.  

  

Jungkook looks over to Taehyung and raises an eyebrow. 'Did you seriously think I would wear it while you're wearing yours? That would make it obvious that we're dating.' Jungkook texts back.  

  

'So you left it back at the dorm?' Taehyung pouts while texting.  

  

'Who said I left it at the dorm? I have it connected to my pants like a belt chain.' Jungkook texts back.  

  

Taehyung sneaks a peak and Jungkook shows him that it's connected to his pants. Taehyung smiles brightly at Jungkook who tries to hide his smile. Jungkook didn't realise that Taehyung would be so happy to have something couple-like.   

  

Jimin then walks up to Jungkook and puts his arm around him. Jungkook looks over to Jimin who just smiles.  

  

"It really has been boring without you two," Jimin says.  

  

Jungkook smiles, "Taehyung and I missed you guys a lot." Jungkook nods. "It wasn't the same, it was too quiet." Jungkook laughs slightly.  

  

"I know what you mean. I haven't been able to play video games with anyone. Oh, wait, Yoongi played with me once. I begged him until he stopped making music and played a few matches of overwatch with me." Jimin plays a wide smile.  

  

"You and Yoongi are cute." Jungkook nods  

  

Jimin laughs, "Cute? No, not at all. Yoongi and I would never be together. He's 100% straight and I'm not interested in people like him." Jimin whispers.  

  

Jungkook shrugs, "No one is ever 100% straight." Jungkook winks.  

  

Jimin laughs and playfully pushes Jungkook, "Only in your wildest dreams would that happen." Jimin smiles.  

  

"They don't happen in mine. They're in your dreams." Jungkook teases.   

  

Jimin shakes his head and walks in front of the maknae who's at the back of the group. Jimin then walks over to Hoseok and Yoongi joins in the conversation the Jimin and Hoseok are having. Jungkook smiles at Jimin and Yoongi, he can't help but think the two would be the perfect match.  

  

"What are you looking at?" Taehyung asks.  

  

"Wouldn't Yoongi and Jimin be cute?" Jungkook asks.  

  

Taehyung looks at him weirdly, "That would never happen. Besides, why are you paying attention to them and not me?" Taehyung clings onto Jungkook.  

  

Jungkook laughs, "Sorry, I'll pay attention to you now." Jungkook says and Taehyung smiles widely.  

  

Jungkook can't help but feel complete when he sees the wide smile that Taehyung has. It makes him fall in love with his hyung even more than he has already. Jungkook starts teasing Taehyung who teases him back.  

  

The 7 boys feel as though this is the happiest and most stress-free they've been in a long time. After a night of eating barbequed meat and drinking, the boys go to decide to sleep in the same room like they did in their first dorm. All of them feel happy and peaceful, but for how much longer will that last?