Chapter 6 - Obsession

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

Taehyung feels Jungkook’s breath against his lips again and the urge to kiss the maknae comes back. Jungkook stares into Taehyung’s eye’s and he knows that this time he doesn’t want to let the opportunity pass no matter what.

 

The 7 boys are rushing out of the van and into the mall. Despite the events that played out the previous day they’re super hyped for the day out. Jungkook and Taehyung ignore the things that happened between them that morning and effortlessly act normally with each other.

 

“I think we should all stay together today just in case something happens,” Namjoon says.

 

The group agree silently with the words of their leader.

 

“Also, Jungkook.” Namjoon looks at the maknae seriously. “If you feel off in any way make sure to tell us.”

 

“Okay.” The maknae nods in response.

 

Namjoon smiles and looks at the other members, “Okay guys. Let’s have fun.”

 

The boys rush around the mall trying to figure out the layout. After 5 minutes of almost getting lost Seokjin suggests that they look at a map. It takes a little while for them to find one but eventually they do.

 

“What about we go look at clothes first?” Jungkook suggests.

 

The boys nod in agreeance and go check out some clothes stores. While going through the stores Jungkook can’t help but feel as though someone’s watching him. Every time he looks around, though, he can’t see anything out of the ordinary.

 

“You okay?” Taehyung asks Jungkook.

 

Jungkook nods, “Yeah, I just feel like someone’s watching us.”

 

“Someone probably is, I wouldn’t be surprised if we had a few fans here.” Taehyung shrugs.

 

Jungkook nods thinking that Taehyung’s right. There would be at least one fan within this mall, especially after Jimin put it up on their twitter.

 

After clothes shopping the 7 decide to go and grab some food since it’s getting close to lunch time. They go to the food court and after getting their order’s they sit at the table together happily.

 

“Do you two want to see a great photo?” Seokjin asks Taehyung and Jungkook.

 

Curious, the two nod excitedly. Seokjin takes out his phone, unlocks it, and soon scrolls through his photos to find the specific one he’s thinking on. Once he finds it his face has the biggest smile on it.

 

“Tada!” Seokjin says showing the photo of Jungkook and Taehyung asleep on the plane to the two.

 

Jungkook and Taehyung almost choke on their meal. Jungkook’s face turns a light shade of red and Taehyung laughs trying to hide his embarrassment. The two boys look at the photo feeling their heart pound hard. They both think that they look like a couple.

 

“You two were just so cute on the plane.” Seokjin smiles.

 

“You should send that to me.” Taehyung laughs.

 

Jungkook looks at his Hyung in surprise. He couldn’t believe that Taehyung would be so bold as to ask for the photo. Without thinking twice Seokjin sends the photo to Taehyung.

 

“Look how cute you are Jungkookie,” Taehyung says zooming up on Jungkook’s face.

 

“Hyung…” Jungkook says embarrassed.

 

Jimin eyes the two boys trying to figure out what the weird tension that he felt that morning was. He looks at them now and they’re acting normal but he knows something was happening that morning. Although, he can’t figure out what.

 

“I’m going to the bathroom,” Jungkook says feeling more embarrassed than ever.

 

He gets up from his seat and walks to the bathroom. Jungkook walks over to the sink and splashes his face with water. He looks in the mirror and sees his face is bright red. Jungkook sighs trying to push the photo out of his mind but he can’t.

 

“Excuse me…” He hears a voice behind him.

 

Jungkook turns around and sees a man around his age looking at him. Jungkook straightens up and smiles.

 

“Yes?” Jungkook responds.

 

“You’re Jungkook from BTS, right?” The man asks.

 

Jungkook nods, “Yes, I am. Are you a fan?” He asks.

 

The man nods excitedly, “I’ve been following you around all day trying to gather the courage to talk to you.”

 

Jungkook feels a bit uncomfortable with that comment but he doesn’t show it. “So, you’re a fan?” He asks.

 

“Yes! I love BTS so much! You’re my favourite member.” The man says taking a step closer to Jungkook.

 

Jungkook final connects the dots, he understands why he’s been feeling like someone’s been watching them all day. Because this man has been watching him all day. Jungkook’s uncomfortable feeling grows the longer that he’s with this man.

 

“I know everything about you. I’ve looked up everything about you.” The man takes a big step closer to Jungkook. “You smell really nice, what shampoo and conditioner do you use?”

 

“Umm… I’m sorry but this is uncomfortable for me. I think I should be returning back to my group.” Jungkook says walking past the man.

 

As he walks past the man grabs his arm. Jungkook spins around quickly to look at the man who is just smiling. Jungkook tries to free his arm from the grip but he’s not strong enough.

 

“This is inappropriate.” Jungkook states.

 

“I really wanted to meet you and you’re just going to treat me like this? I am your most dedicated fan, I’ve been to many of your concerts, I’ve got all the BTS merch, I’ve liked everything you guys post. My life is dedicated to BTS, how can you treat me like this?”

 

“Thank you for being a great fan but this isn’t appropriate. Please let me go.” Jungkook responds.

 

The grip on his arm gets tighter and Jungkook feels a pang of anxiety build up. Suddenly, someone pulls this fan's hand from Jungkook’s arm. Jungkook looks up and sees Taehyung and a big wave of relief floods his body.

 

“I’m sorry but the members are wondering where Jungkook is. I’ll be taking him now, thank you for being such a dedicated fan.” Taehyung says guiding Jungkook out of the bathroom.

 

A now pale Jungkook sits back down with the members and everyone looks at him worried. Jungkook rests his head on the table due to a suddenly exhausted feeling.

 

“Are you okay Jungkook? What happened?” Namjoon asks.

 

“There was a fan that was obsessed with me back in the bathroom. Taehyung got me out of the situation but I feel really exhausted now.” Jungkook sums it up quickly.

 

“Do you want to head back? You’re still recovering.” Namjoon asks.

 

“I’ll be okay, we can continue shopping,” Jungkook responds.

 

Jungkook stands up quickly and almost collapses. Luckily, Taehyung catches him. Taehyung puts his arm around the maknae’s arms to keep the maknae stable.

 

“I’ll take him back to the hospital. You guys can continue shopping.” Taehyung says.

 

All the members look at him in surprise.

 

“Are you sure?” Seokjin asks and Taehyung nods.

 

“You guys were having a lot of fun anyway. I’ll keep you guys updated about his condition.” Taehyung smiles.

 

Jungkook looks up at his hyung and feels his heart speed up at the concern that his hyung is showing. Jungkook can’t help but feel happy that his hyung cares for him. Jungkook and Taehyung slowly walk outside and get a taxi.

 

Once they arrive at the hospital they are soon greeted by the doctor that Jungkook had the previous day. After running a few tests and hearing about what happened before Jungkook became exhausted like this the doctor figured out what happened.

 

“He was too emotionally stressed.” The doctor says. “Since his body is still recovering I think it’s best to head to the place you’re staying for the day.”

 

Taehyung and Jungkook nod. After another 10 minutes, the two boys head back to the hotel. Taehyung texts Namjoon the details of how Jungkook is which puts all the member’s hearts and minds at ease.

 

Jungkook and Taehyung go into their hotel room and Jungkook lies down on his bed. Taehyung sits on his bed and looks over at Jungkook. Taehyung can’t help but feel like he wants to do something for Jungkook.

 

Suddenly an idea comes to Taehyung’s mind, “You didn’t eat much before I’ll go get you something to eat.” Taehyung stands up quickly.

 

“Hyung…” Jungkook says but he’s just off by Taehyung.

 

“What do you want? Ramen? No… You should have something nutritious. What about I get you some fruits?” Taehyung says excitedly.

 

“Hyung…” Jungkook is once again cut off by Taehyung.

 

“I want to do something for you so I’ll go get them now.” Taehyung smiles.

 

“Hyung!” Jungkook grabs Taehyung’s attention.

 

“Is something wrong?” Taehyung asks.

 

“I’m not hungry…” Jungkook says feeling guilty.

 

Taehyung feels a bit disappointed, “Sorry, I just wanted to do something for you.”

 

Jungkook smiles at Taehyung, “If you want to do something for me come keep me warm. I’m freezing.” Jungkook says.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook are both surprised from that comment. The events that played out that morning come back to them both. Taehyung’s heart pounds against his chest as he does what Jungkook asked of him.

 

Taehyung pulls back the covers of Jungkook’s bed and lies next to the maknae. Taehyung puts an arm around Jungkook and realises that they’re in the same position that they were in that morning.

 

Taehyung feels Jungkook’s breath against his lips again and the urge to kiss the maknae comes back. Jungkook stares into Taehyung’s eye’s and he knows that this time he doesn’t want to let the opportunity pass no matter what.

 

Jungkook grabs onto his hyung’s shirt and without realising it says the last thing he didn’t expect to say.

 

“Hyung, I want you to kiss me.”