Chapter 13 - Please don't hate me

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

"I see how much I'm worth to you now." Taehyung grits his teeth.  

  

"Hyung..." Jungkook touches Taehyung's arm but is surprised when Taehyung rips his arm out of Jungkook's grip.  

  

"I'm leaving," Taehyung says.  

  

Everyone could see that Taehyung and Jungkook were more distant now than what they had been the previous day. The tension between the two boys was so thick that it could be cut with a knife. The rest of the members sit around awkwardly, trying to avoid the obvious issue at hand.  

  

"So..." Namjoon coughs awkwardly trying to break the tension. "Manager PD told me that we have a concert coming up soon so we have to start preparing for that." He says.  

  

The boys all make a sound to say they were listening. Soon, the tension-filled group, make their way to a meeting room so they can be told their schedule. Their schedule isn't as full as it will be next month. Since they recently released their new song 'Blood, Sweat and Tears', they don't have to start deciding on what they want to write next until next month.  

  

The boys decide on the order of songs they perform. Once the meeting is over they go to the practice room and start practising the dances for the song. Between practising, having meetings with different staff members, and organising for the concert, the boys don't have a break for hours. When they finally get their break, everyone is so exhausted that the thick tension has disappeared.  

  

Namjoon secretly talks to everyone except Taehyung and Jungkook, telling them that they should make situations where the two boys must talk to each other. The other members agree, although, some more reluctant than other's – Jimin. While going to rest, the member's forced Jungkook and Taehyung to sit next to each other.  

  

While the 5 boys have fun talking and teasing, the two maknae's sit in awkward silence. Memories of the morning flood their minds and they can't find the words to say. Taehyung wants to bring up the situation again, but, Jungkook doesn't want to even think about it.  

  

"Can I talk to you?" Taehyung shifts uncomfortably hoping Jungkook wouldn't turn down his offer.  

  

Jungkook looks at his nervous hyung and nods in response. The two boys stand and leave the room. Eyes follow them, the other members are trying to figure out what is happening.   

  

"Should we follow them?" Jimin asks.  

  

"No, leave them. They have to sort this out themselves." Seokjin nods.  

  

Jimin sits there with a pout. He wants to follow the two boys because he's scared that Jungkook will confess. Jimin tries to put off his thoughts by annoying Yoongi. Yoongi teases Jimin back which brings Jimin an unusual sense of comfort.  

  

Jungkook and Taehyung walk to an empty room. Jungkook bites his lip nervously, wondering what his hyung wants to talk about. Taehyung takes a deep breath and turns to the maknae. The maknae looks at his hyung questionably but doesn't say anything.  

  

"I know you don't want me to bring it up but I can't stop thinking about it." Taehyung sighs.  

  

Jungkook's gut drops, he had a feeling it was about the situation. "Hyung..."  

  

"Jungkook!" Taehyung snaps. "Tell me what's going on!"   

  

Jungkook flinches back but Taehyung doesn't seem phased. His lips stay in a solid line and his arms fold over his chest. He looks at Jungkook waiting for an answer.  

  

"I don't want to talk about it..." Jungkook says quietly.  

  

"That's what you keep saying! 'I don't want to talk about it.' Or 'I'm sorry!' Or 'I'll tell you when it's over.' Jungkook..." Taehyung let's out a shaky breath. "If you don't tell me what's going on do you think that it'll ever be sorted?!" Taehyung says angrily.  

  

"I... I..." Jungkook stutters.   

  

"You?" Taehyung raises an eyebrow.  

  

"I... I'm sorry." Jungkook looks at the ground.  

  

"I see how much I'm worth to you now." Taehyung grits his teeth.  

  

"Hyung..." Jungkook touches Taehyung's arm but is surprised when Taehyung rips his arm out of Jungkook's grip.  

  

"I'm leaving," Taehyung says.  

  

Taehyung goes to their manager and explains that he's feeling unwell. The manager says that he can go home for the day and rest up. Taehyung thanks the manager and leaves the company. He goes back to the apartment he and Jungkook are staying in and decides to rest for the day, he knows he needs to cool his head.  

  

Jungkook walks back to where the members are resting and tries to hide his emotions. Everyone looks at the maknae and wonder's where Taehyung is.  

  

"Where's Taehyung?" Seokjin asks.  

  

"He went back to the apartment," Jungkook says.  

  

The member's stay quiet for a moment. They know that Jungkook and Taehyung must've had a big argument. They all want to ask Jungkook about what happened but know that he's trying to avoid thinking about it.   

  

Seokjin walks over to Jungkook and gives him a hug. Jungkook sighs and rests his head on his Hyung's chest. Seokjin rubs Jungkook's back like a mother would do to her child. Jungkook feels tears threaten to leave his eyes but he tries to hold them back. Although, it doesn't work.  

  

Tears fall down Jungkook's face but he stays silent. He doesn't want to worry the members. Seokjin notices this and holds the maknae closer. The other member's watch and have an idea as to what's going on.   

  

"Jungkook..." Namjoon's soft voice brings everyone's attention to him. "Are you okay?"   

  

"Yes," Jungkook says quickly.  

  

"If you want to talk about it..." Namjoon replies.  

  

"No, no," Jungkook says. "I'm okay."  

  

Jungkook wipes his face and stands away from the oldest member. He smiles at everyone but that only makes them even more worried. The member's stand up one by one and all hug the maknae.   

  

While hugging Jungkook, Jimin can't help but wonder how Taehyung is feeling. He knows the if Jungkook is this distraught then Taehyung must be feeling the same, if not, worse. Jimin wants to go check on Taehyung but he knows that he can't.  

  

Soon, the member's go back to practising without Taehyung. The long day feels longer now that there is an undeniable tension sitting in the room. It takes 6 hours for them to finish everything after their break, but it feels like an entire week to everyone.   

  

Once they're finished Jungkook decides to go back to the dorm with the other members before going to the apartment. He wants to check on Taehyung but he doesn't know how to react. When Jungkook finally goes back to the apartment he notices that Taehyung is eating ramen while watching TV.  

  

"I made you some ramen," Taehyung says while Jungkook walks in.  

  

"Thank you," Jungkook says taking his bowl and sitting next to Taehyung.  

  

Silence falls between the two and Jungkook is left with his thoughts. He feels guilty about making Taehyung so upset. Taehyung has never gotten as angry as before, and Jungkook knows it's his fault. Jungkook bites his lip nervously as he steals a glance at his hyung.  

  

"Jungkook." Taehyung breaks the silence.  

  

"Y-Yes," Jungkook says.  

  

"Tell me what's going on now or I'll never forgive you," Taehyung says seriously.  

  

Jungkook's gut drops as he stares at his hyung, "Fine." Jungkook says. "But don't hate me when you find out."