Chapter 10 - I can't love him

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

When neither of them moves their hand, Taehyung wraps his hand around Jungkook’s. The two boys look down at the ground and smile to themselves. The subtle cute moments like these have the boys wishing that the moment would never end.

 

Practice felt like longer to the 7 boys. They’re all exhausted by the end of it and can barely stay awake. They all relax against the walls and some of them fall asleep instantly. Taehyung goes to lie on Jungkook’s lap so he can sleep but stops when Jimin lies on his lap.

 

Taehyung looks down at Jimin who gives him a sleepy smile. Taehyung smiles back and starts playing with Jimin’s hair. Jungkook watches the two boys carefully, wondering why Jimin has suddenly decided to cling to Taehyung.

 

 

“Jungkook look at this.” Taehyung laughs while messing up Jimin’s hair.

 

Jimin swats away Taehyung’s hand. Taehyung then stares pushing his chubby face to make him look unattractive. Jungkook laughs at some of the faces that Taehyung puts on Jimin. Jimin, feeling annoyed, sits up and looks at the two boys with a sigh. He then moves to the other side of the room and lies his head on Yoongi’s lap. Yoongi puts his hand around Jimin and the two boys soon fall asleep.

 

“I’m so tired that I’m not tired.” Jungkook sighs. 

 

Taehyung nods in agreeance. The boys sit there trying to think of something to do so they can pass the time. Suddenly, Taehyung gets a bright idea. Jungkook looks at his hyung questionably while Taehyung gives him a devilish smile. 

 

“Come with me,” Taehyung says while grabbing Jungkook’s hand and dragging him out of the room.

 

They walk down the hallway of the agency and soon they end up in the stylist’s room. Taehyung knocks on the door and goes into the stylist’s room. He talks to his personal stylist for a little while then receives a black bag from her. He thanks her and bows, then leaves the room.

 

“What’s in the bag hyung?” Jungkook asks, curious as to what they’re going to do.

 

“I feel as though the past week has been very serious so I wanted to get into some mischief.” Taehyung smiles.

 

“Jungkook’s eyes sparkle at the word ‘mischief’, “What are we going to do?”

 

“Let’s just say, our fans on our vlive will have a lot of fun.” Taehyung laughs.

 

Taehyung pulls out his phone and goes onto the vlive app. He starts a stream with Jungkook and they both wait for a few minutes while talking about anything. Once they think they’ve gained enough viewers, they start off their prank on the members.

 

“So, the members are asleep,” Taehyung whispers as he shows the members through the back camera. “And can you see the black bag Jungkook is holding? That bag is filled with make-up.” Taehyung says showing Jungkook. “Let’s have fun pranking the members.”

 

Taehyung and Jungkook’s first victim is their leader, Namjoon. They draw different things on his face with eyeliner, lipstick, and many other make-up items that they think looks like fun.

 

After Namjoon, they move onto Seokjin. They make sure the first thing they draw on him is a monobrow since he knows he’s handsome. The two boys go around to all the members and draw different things on their face.

 

Although, the last person they decided to do was Hoseok. While putting the make-up on him, it appears the two boys were loud with their laughing before so he wakes up sooner than expected. He looks at the two boys trying to figure out what’s happening, but before he understands, the two boys run out of the room as fast as they possibly could.

 

The two boys are laughing and having fun while they’re hiding from Hoseok. Taehyung and Jungkook say quick goodbyes to their fans and they turn off the stream that had been going on for around 20 minutes.

 

They hear Hoseok coming down the hall and they both hide in a room. They walk backwards so they can watch the door. They lean against the table that is behind them. Jungkook puts his hand on the table and Taehyung puts his hand on Jungkook’s unintentionally. The two boys freeze up, neither one of them daring to look at the other. 

 

When neither of them moves their hand, Taehyung wraps his hand around Jungkook’s. The two boys look down at the ground and smile to themselves. The subtle cute moments like these have the boys wishing that the moment would never end.

 

Their hearts are racing as they hear Hoseok outside of the room that they’re hiding in. The boys laugh a little too loudly and they know Hoseok heard them. As they watch the door handle turn slowly, they put their hands up in hopes to protect themselves from their punishment.

 

Hoseok opens the door quickly and jumps in front of the boys, “Do I look beautiful?” He exaggerates his pose.

 

The two boys burst out into laughter as they see the creation they have put on Hoseok’s face. Also, due to him waking up in the middle of their prank, he has a line of both lipstick and eyeliner going across his face. Jungkook snaps a quick picture of Hoseok before he attacks the two boys.

 

After 10 minutes of play fighting, the three boys go back to the practice room in laughter. The three boys are greeted by their annoyed members when they walk into the practice room. Some of them, like Jimin and Seokjin, aren’t too annoyed. Although, there are some, like Yoongi, who could kill the boys.

 

“Before you kill us we’re going to return the makeup to my stylist.” Taehyung holds in his laughter knowing it would make the situation worse.

 

“Come back quickly,” Yoongi says in a threatening tone.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook smile widely as they pick the make-up off the floor and put it into the make-up bag. They quickly rush out of the room and burst into laughter. They can’t help but find it hilarious when Yoongi gets angry at them. Both the boys think he’s adorable since he’s so short.

 

The two boys return the make-up bag ad go back to the practice room slowly. Upon their arrival, they run into the members walking back into the practice room from washing their faces.

 

Jimin, who’s down the end of the hall, runs over to Jungkook and Taehyung. He links arms with Jungkook and smiles a bright smile. Yoongi walks over to the three’s maknae’s and puts his arm around Taehyung.

 

“You’re the mastermind behind this prank, aren’t you?” Yoongi asks.

 

Taehyung laughs nervously, “Jungkook could be the mastermind, why do you think it was me?”

 

“It has Taehyung written all over it. Plus, we saw part of the stream you two did.” Yoongi smiles.

 

Yoongi starts dragging Taehyung into the practice room, “Jungkookie, save me!” He calls out.

 

Jungkook just watches and laughs. He goes to walk into the practice room and see what the other members will do to him but is stopped by Jimin. Jungkook looks at Jimin who just smiles at him.

 

“Hyung, do you want me for something?” Jungkook asks.

 

“I actually needed to talk to you about something.” Jimin laughs awkwardly.

 

“What do you need to talk to me about?” Jungkook asks feeling general and immense curiosity.

 

“It’s about the relationship between you and Taehyung,” Jimin says seriously.

 

Jungkook feels his chest tighten but hides his emotions well, “What do you mean our ‘relationship’?” Jungkook asks.

 

“Ever since I walked in you two at Hawaii, I’ve realised there’s something different going on between you two. You boys were acting strange and me being the curious me, had to figure out what it was. I’ve paying really close attention to you two and it seems that I have finally come across a suitable answer.” Jimin takes a deep breath.” Jungkook, be honest with me. You have feelings for Taehyung, don’t you?” 

 

Jungkook feels panic rise within him and he can’t find his words. “I… Um… It’s not like… Uh…” He stutters.

 

“Don’t try to deny it, I know you have feelings for him.” Jimin gives him a sympathetic smile, “I can tell from the way you look at him.”

 

“The way I look at him? I look at him the same way I look at everyone else.” 

 

“I know you wish that were the case, but you look at him the same way I do,” Jimin confesses.

 

Jungkook stands there lost for words. Jimin had just confessed that he also had feelings for Taehyung. Jungkook didn’t know what to think about in this situation. He was sure he was the only one that had feelings for another member, but here he is being proven wrong. Jungkook doesn’t know if he should be happy he’s not the only one or annoyed that Jimin likes Taehyung.

 

“Jungkook,” Jimin says bringing Jungkook out of his thoughts. “If your feelings for him are sincere, please understand you can’t show them at all,” Jimin says. “Just like me.”

 

“Why would I have to hide my feelings?” Jungkook asks thinking that it sounds ridiculous.

 

“Think about Taehyung’s image. Sure, Army imagines some of the members together, like Namjoon and Seokjin. Although, that’s different from two members dating. Taehyung and you will both receive an immense amount of hate and BTS will lose a lot of fans too. It might seem like love conquers all but this isn’t a movie or a story, love does not conquer all. All that’ll happen if you act upon your feelings is pain.” Jimin sighs.

 

“But we’re in 2017. People are more accepting now, I’m sure it won’t happen like that.” Jungkook says hopefully.

 

“Jungkookie,” Jimin says putting his hand on Jungkook shoulder. “I know it hurts now, but think about how much more it would hurt later if you act upon your feelings. I talked to Manager PD about this last year and he said if I ever dated another member, both the other member and I would be forced to break up or we would have to leave the group.” Jimin sighs.

 

Jungkook feels his heart break, “Why? Why would we be forced to leave…”

 

“That’s just how the world is still Jungkook. Sure, people are more accepting, but there are still many that aren’t. I’m sorry that it’s still like this but those are the rules that have been placed for us.” Jimin says empathetically.

 

Jungkook sighs, “I understand hyung. I’ll get rid of these feelings I have for him.” Jungkook says feeling his heart shatter at the mere though.