Chapter 3 - Sightseeing

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

Jungkook’s eyes close and his arms wrap around his hyung. Taehyung surprised just at the comment stares at him with wide eyes. Jungkook’s lips brush slightly over his hyung’s for a moment before he connects his lips with Taehyung’s. Taehyung doesn’t remove his lips, instead, he’s surprised by how soft the maknae’s lips are. Taehyung’s eyes close, his heart pounding so hard that he feels it might burst from his chest.

 

An excited Taehyung wakes up hours before needed. He stares at the white ceiling for what feels like hours but is it has only a few minutes. Taehyung rolls over and looks at the sleeping maknae. He stares at the beautiful man in front of him, contemplating whether to wake him or not.

 

After what felt like seconds to Taehyung but ended up being 20 minutes, he decided to wake up Jungkook. Taehyung gets out of bed, pulls the black covers off the Jungkook so he feels the chill and lies on the maknae. After realising this alone wouldn’t wake up the sleeping maknae, Taehyung starts shaking him.

 

“Wake up Jungkookie,” Taehyung whispers loudly into Jungkook’s ear.

 

Jungkook’s eyes open slightly and it’s obvious to Taehyung that Jungkook isn’t fully conscious. Taehyung goes to shake the maknae again but doesn’t do it when he hears the maknae speak.

 

“Okay, I’ll give you a kiss then.” A half-conscious Jungkook says.

 

Jungkook’s eyes close and his arms wrap around his hyung. Taehyung surprised just at the comment stares at him with wide eyes. Jungkook’s lips brush slightly over his hyung’s for a moment before he connects his lips with Taehyung’s. Taehyung doesn’t remove his lips, instead, he’s surprised by how soft the maknae’s lips are. Taehyung’s eyes close, his heart pounding so hard that he feels it might burst from his chest.

 

After a few moments Jungkook’s head crashes down on his pillow and light snores come from him. Taehyung’s eyes snap open as he stares at the sleeping maknae. Did that just happen? Taehyung asks himself. He goes back to his bed and sits down.

 

Taehyung puts his hand over his heart. Why is my heart beating so hard? Why didn’t I push him away? What is wrong with me? Taehyung can’t help but ponder these questions. Will Jungkook remember it happened when he wakes? Taehyung feels fear build up inside. He’s scared that if Jungkook remembers he’ll ask the very same questions that Taehyung is asking himself. Taehyung lies down and closes his eyes hoping that it’s just a dream, that none of that happened. 

 

“Hyung wake up.” Jungkook shakes Taehyung awake.

 

Taehyung opens his eyes and looks at Jungkook’s close face. The memory of the kiss flashes in his mind and he feels his face go red. Jungkook stands up and Taehyung sits up. He looks over to Jungkook’s bed and realises that the covers are white. Taehyung lets out a big sigh of relief and stands up.

 

“It was just a dream.” He laughs to himself. 

 

“What was just a dream?” Jungkook looks at his Hyung confused.

 

“Nothing, don’t worry about it. I’ll go get dressed then.” Taehyung gets off his bed and gets dressed.

 

It takes a few hours but soon all boys are up and out of their room. All 7 hop in the car and that’s when the day starts. There’s music blasting, laughter, chatter, selfies, videos, everything. BTS feel a sense of relaxation that they haven’t felt in a long time. 

 

They decide that they’ll go to a national park as part of their sightseeing like Seokjin wanted. Once they arrive the boys all get out of the car in a hurry. Taehyung is the most excited out of the boys even though Seokjin suggested the activity. 

 

“I heard that this is a volcano national park so there are places where we can see volcanoes,” Seokjin says.

 

“Seriously?!” Taehyung’s excitement doubled. 

 

“I think we should leave before hyung over here can’t contain his excitement any longer.” Jungkook smiles over to Taehyung obviously as excited as his hyung.

 

“Okay. If anyone gets lost at any point of this trip just call another member, and if you can’t get any service then come back to this spot. If you’re so lost that you can’t make it back here, then stay where you are. We’ll let the park rangers know you are lost. We’re only staying here for an hour or two because we still have other things we want to do today.” Namjoon explains.

 

“Can we go now?” Taehyung asks.

 

“We can go now,” Namjoon says.

 

With those words, Taehyung puts his arm around Jungkook and they take off in front of the rest. After a 5-10 minute fast paced walk they arrive in a forest. The group is already far behind the two maknae’s but it was expected, hence why Namjoon said what he said. 

 

“Those two are really like children.” Seokjin smiles.

 

“Do you think they’ll get lost?” Jimin asks.

 

“A better question is how long will it take until they get lost.” Yoongi slowly walks next to Hoseok.

 

“I wish I ran off with them, it would be a lot of fun,” Hoseok says.

 

“Are you trying to say that we’re not fun?” Namjoon says pretending to be offended.

 

Hoseok laughs awkwardly, “That’s not what I meant! You guys are fun but they’re more playful.” 

 

“I can be playful if I wanted to be.” Namjoon defends himself.

 

“Then why not be playful?” Hoseok asks.

 

“I said if I wanted to be, right now I don’t want to be,” Namjoon says and the 4 other boys laugh.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook are soon deep in the forest. They come to a fork in the road and take the path that they thought to lead to the volcanoes but lead deeper into the forest. 15 minutes later the rest of the group arrived at that point and take the path to the volcanoes thinking the two maknae’s took that path. That is how Jungkook and Taehyung got lost.

 

“Shouldn’t we be at the volcanoes already?” Jungkook asks Taehyung.

 

“We should be. It doesn’t seem like we’re going uphill, would the volcanoes be uphill?” Taehyung thinks for a moment.

 

“Do you think we took the wrong path?”

 

“I don’t think so. What if we go off the path and climb uphill? We would arrive faster, wouldn’t we?” Taehyung suggests.

 

“Hyung, I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Jungkook says having a bad feeling about the situation.

 

“Come on, it’s not like we’ll get lost. If we did we know we will just have to go downhill and we’d arrive back on the path.” Taehyung says confidently. “Come on Jungkookie.” 

 

Taehyung puts his arm around Jungkook’s shoulders and guides him off the path. The two maknae’s start walking up the not-so-steep hill together. After around 5 minutes the two realise that the hill has gotten a lot steeper. 

 

“Hyung, shouldn’t we turn around? One of us might get hurt.” Jungkook says nervously.

 

“It’s okay. Since it’s getting steeper that means that we must be getting close to the volcano.” Taehyung says excitedly.

 

The two walk for a little more, but suddenly something happens. Jungkook takes a step on a loose patch of dirt and suddenly tumbles over. Due to the steepness of the hill Jungkook rolls down for a little bit until he hits his head on a tree. 

 

Taehyung looks down at the maknae and he feels his heart stop for a moment. He runs down to where Jungkook is and notices that Jungkook’s eyes are closed. Panic fills his body as he fumbles through his pockets to find his phone.

 

Taehyung pulls out his phone and quickly calls Namjoon. Although, there was a problem… There was no service. Taehyung curses under his breath as he puts his phone back in his pocket. He looks down at the maknae. Taehyung decides to put Jungkook’s head on his lap.

 

Namjoon’s words go through Taehyung’s head and he knows he must stay exactly where he is. Even if Namjoon didn’t tell him that prior he wouldn’t have been able to take an unconscious Jungkook back down this steep hill.

 

Taehyung looks down at the maknae feeling guilt for not listening to him. That’s when Taehyung notices blood on Jungkook’s forehead. He curses louder this time and he grabs out a packet of tissues he takes around with him. He cleans up the blood a bit as he holds Jungkook’s head in his arms.

 

“I’m so sorry Jungkook.” Taehyung’s head drops near the maknae’s.

 

Suddenly he realises something that he hadn’t realised before. Taehyung feels tears sting his eyes and he feels his heart pick up in speed. He puts one of his hands on Jungkook’s lips and says something that he never thought would leave his lips.

 

“Jungkook, please breathe,” Taehyung says as tears fall from his eyes.