Chapter 18 - Heartbreak

Love or Passion (BTS Taekook)

I rest my head on Yoongi’s lap and stare up at his concerned face, “Thanks, hyung.” I reply not knowing what else to say.

 

”You can tell me anything. I’ll never judge you.” Yoongi assures me.

 

This makes me smile widely, “I know. Thank you hyung, that in itself comforts me.”

 

I close my eye’s and feel Yoongi’s hand go to my hair. He runs his hand through my hair in a comforting and familiar way. I feel myself start to drift off to sleep knowing that the dreams I’ll be presented with are going to cause more heartbreak.

 

~Jimin’s pov~

 

I grip the bracelet tightly and slip it into my pocket. I move over next to Taehyung who still won’t remove his eyes from Jungkook. I can’t take my eyes off his bracelet. How long have they been together for? I wonder.

 

“You okay?” I look next to me seeing Yoongi sitting there.

 

“Yeah.” I force a smile, “Of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” I laugh.

 

“You seem out of it.” Yoongi moves back a bit and relaxes against the wall.

 

“I’m just tired from practising, that’s all.” I sigh.

 

“If you ever want to tell me what’s really going on, you know I’ll listen right?” Yoongi gestures for me to move closer to him.

 

I rest my head on Yoongi’s lap and stare up at his concerned face, “Thanks, hyung.” I reply not knowing what else to say.

 

”You can tell me anything. I’ll never judge you.” Yoongi assures me.

 

This makes me smile widely, “I know. Thank you hyung, that in itself comforts me.”

 

I close my eye’s and feel Yoongi’s hand go to my hair. He runs his hand through my hair in a comforting and familiar way. I feel myself start to drift off to sleep knowing that the dreams I’ll be presented with are going to cause more heartbreak.

 

 

Dinner had soon gone past and I can’t keep my eyes off the couple. I don’t know why I hadn’t come to the conclusion that they’re dating with the obvious attitude they have towards each other.

 

Yoongi had been by my side all afternoon making sure that I’m okay and getting my mind off of everything. Even now, he is obviously trying hard to keep the conversation going but my lack of effort is making it difficult for him.

 

“Jiminnie, are you listening?” Yoongi asks.

 

I blink a few times, “What? Sorry, hyung. I spaced out.”

 

He lets out an annoyed sigh, “This issue of yours better be something as bad as World War 3 or else I’m going to be annoyed.” Yoongi mutters.

 

“I’m really sorry hyung.” I said guiltily, “I’m listening now. I swear. Repeat what you said please.” I plead.

 

“No, not good enough. I’m not going to repeat anything to a person who’s obviously not interested.” Yoongi rolls his eye’s.

 

“Hyung.” I grab his arms.

 

Yoongi bursts into sudden laughter, “I’m joking.” He puts his arm around my shoulders.

 

I let out a laugh of relief, “I’m glad, I thought you were angry with me.” I smile.

 

Yoongi sighs, “Are you going to tell me what’s wrong?”

 

I feel my face fall and my hand immediately goes to my pocket. I want to talk to Yoongi about it but I don’t know how to talk about it. I know he said he wouldn’t judge me about anything but he wouldn’t have thought that it’s as big as me being in love with one of the boys.

 

“I want to…” I say.

 

Yoongi nods understanding what I mean, “I won’t ask about it again. Tell me when you’re ready.” Yoongi says seriously.

 

“Thank you hyung.” I smile.

 

“Want to work on some music?” Yoongi asks. He notices my confused look and chuckles, “It helps me let go of some of my stress and is also a way for me to express the emotions I don’t know how to express.” Yoongi smiles.

 

I nod, “Ahh.” I smile slightly, “That seems like a great idea.” I nod.

 

Yoongi and I walk to the room that he and Namjoon spend the majority of their time in. It has two desks and computers set up on it. I walk in realising that I don’t have my earphones of the hard drive that has all my compositions on it.

 

“I’ll be back.” I smile to Yoongi and I quickly rush back to my room.

 

I grab my hard drive from my room and quickly rush around trying to find my earphones. I sigh as I realise that I can’t find them. I walk out of my room and walk into the room next to mine which is Jungkook’s.

 

I open the door and notice that Jungkook and Taehyung quickly back away from each other. I look at their flushed faces and automatically know what was happening between them.

 

“Can I borrow your earphones?” I ask ruder than I intended.

 

Jungkook’s eyes quickly look around the room and he rushes to his desk. He picks up his earphones and passes them to me quickly.

 

“There you go, anything else hyung?” Jungkook asks obviously trying to get me to leave.

 

“One more thing,” I say as I put my mouth next to his ear. “Next time, don’t get caught,” I whisper and leave the room while he has an astonished look on his face.

 

“What was that about?” I hear Taehyung ask.

 

“Nothing, nothing at all.” I hear Jungkook’s uneasy voice.

 

I walk back to the room that Yoongi and I were in. I sit down in the empty seat with a loud sigh. I slam my fist on the table and that grabs Yoongi’s attention quickly. I put my face in my hands and grab the ends of my hair tightly.

 

I feel Yoongi’s hand on my back and know that he’s worried about me. I can’t get the image of their flushed faces out of my mind. I can’t forget the way that they jumped away from each other knowing that they were getting caught.

 

I hate the feelings that I have towards Taehyung. I hate that he fell in love with Jungkook and not me. I hate the way I’m treating them because of the feelings I have. I hate that I can’t get rid of my feelings for him.

 

“Jimin…” Yoongi’s voice is soft and filled with concern.

 

In that moment something snaps. All the pent up emotion that I have is finally released. I suddenly become a mess, my face is stained with tears, my nose is completely blocked and I know my face is redder than when I’m embarrassed.

 

I feel Yoongi put his arms around me silently and pulls my head into his chest. I accept the comfort that he’s offering, it is something I’ve needed for a while now. Yoongi pats my back gently and doesn’t say a word which I appreciate more than anything.

 

After a long time of letting out everything I’ve had pent up, I finally stop crying. I move away from Yoongi and wipe my face. I let out a loud sigh and slap my cheeks a few times.

 

“Pull yourself together,” I say to myself.

 

I open my eyes and look up to Yoongi. I can see that he wants to ask but he won’t. I look down to his chest and see that is is really wet from my tears. I look up to him again and give him an awkward smile.

 

“Sorry about that…”

 

He shakes his head, “Don’t worry about it.”

 

“Thank you…” I say quietly.

 

“I’m always here for you Jimin,” Yoongi says. “And it’s not just me, it’s the boys, the manager’s, friends, family, Army, anyone. We’re all here for you. If you don’t want to talk to me about it, why not talk to someone else?”

 

I sigh, “I can’t.”

 

“Look at how you are though, you need to talk to someone.” Yoongi runs his hand through his hair, “Why not Taehyung? You two seem to talk to each other about things since you two are close in age.” Yoongi suggests.

 

I feel my heart tighten, “I especially can’t talk to him about it.” I say a bit spitefully.

 

“Did Taehyung do something to you?” Yoongi brings his chair next to me and sits down.

 

“He didn’t do anything,” I say honestly.

 

“Then why are you angry at him?” Yoongi raises an eyebrow.

 

“I’m not angry at him, I’m angry at myself.” I put my face in my hands again.

 

“Why?” Yoongi asks.

 

“Because I’m in love with him.” I finally tell him.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry that it's taken so long to update. Those that read my other fanfic - First love - will know the reason, but for those that don't, I just want to explain why. It's not that big of a reason, it's just that I've been busy with work and haven't found time to finish the chapter until now. I'll make the same promise here that I made on my other fanfic, I promise I'll try to update more often. It just might be difficult sometimes with my schedule. So once again I'm sorry about the inconvienience. Thank you all for sticking with me and I hope you enojy this chapter. I love you all <3