~Eight~

Breaking Free

Alright guys, time to ge-oh. You all are already up. Must be excited, huh?” Hyejin asks as she steps into Royalty’s dorm.

She made her way to the kitchen where everyone was sitting and waiting.

Well, if you guys are ready, we can start loading up the van. BTS is getting driven by their manager so we'll just meet them there. Everyone else is going to be there, as well,” Hyejin says.

“Great. Alright guys, let's go,” Jeong says.

Everyone was gathering their luggage and making their way out the door.

Ann was making her way out when Rose suddenly shoulder bumped her. “Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were as wide as the doorway,” she says as she shoves her way passed Ann.

Ann rapidly blinked her eyes and took a deep breath. She cried enough last night and didn't want to start the morning with tears, as well.

Just ignore her,” Scynthia says, “Come one,” and she led them out.

Hyejin stopped Jeong and Hyun before they could walk out the door. “What happened last night?”

Umm, nothing?” Hyun says, earning a slap from Jeong. “My head is going to get deformed from all your hits.”

Well stop saying stupid things,” Jeong says before turning back to his noona. “Things kind of went down last night. We hoped that it would've been settled by now but I'm assuming not.”

Is this just within the group?” she asks.

Our group and BTS,” Jeong says.

And some of the backup dancers,” Hyun adds.

How did they get-you know what. I don't want to know. I'm hoping you all can solve this before it gets out of hand. If not, I will be stepping in and I know you all don't want that. Let's go,” she says as she walks out the door.

This is going to be a long car ride,” Hyun says.

Tch. Car ride? This is going to be one hell of a plane ride. Not to mention we're stuck with these people for the whole tour,” Jeong says as they both walk out the door.








 

Remember, stay close. I don't want you guys to be grabbed or pulled by fans. Hopefully there will be enough security,” Hyejin says as they pull up at the airport.

Fans were already there, waiting for BTS and Royalty to come. It seemed as BTS was already there.

One by one, the members stepped out of the van, only to be bombarded by fans, yelling, and flashes.

Oppa! I love you!

Have fun on the tour! Fighting!

Saranghae Royalty!

Oh my gosh! Rose I love you!

Scynthia, fighting!

 

And it went on and on. The group finally made it inside the airport, where even more fans were found.

Scynthia was walking in front of Ann, whom was in front of Hyun. The fans were pretty wild but seemed pretty controlled by security.

Scynthia! I love you! Be mine!! Could be heard. All of a sudden, Scynthia was yanked to the side by her bag.

“Scynthia, no!” Ann yelled as she pulled her back.

Hyun came up to the two and grabbed both of their arms.

The group finally made it to a private waiting area of the airport where they wouldn't be bothered by fans.

 

You okay, Scyn?” Hyun asks.

Yeah. I barely got pulled on. Thanks guys,” she says.

“I love our fans, I really do but don't they know when too much is too much?” Hyun asks.

Calm down oppa. Just go sit and chill out a bit. Unnie says we have a few before we get onto our flight,” Ann says.

Hyun nods and pats her head before walking away to find a seat.

 

“So, will you be alright on the plane?” Scyn asks as she fixes herself.

“What do you mean?” Ann asks.

“Well first off, your panic attacks you get whenever you're on a plane. Secondly, the seating situation. You gonna sit next to Jimin?”

“Ah, haven't thought about it. He hasn't really called or texted so I don't really know. And I'll be fine. I just gotta breathe,” she says.

“I can always sit next to you, I won't mind.”

“No. Sit next to your husband. I know you guys haven't been able to spend time together lately. Trust me, I'll be fine.”

“Alright. Well, looks like Jimin is making his way over. I'll be with Hoseok and Jeong if you need me,” Scyn says.

“Thanks.”

 

Scyn walks off but gives a hardcore glare to Jimin as they pass. If only looks could kill.
 

Um, hey,” Jimin says.

Hi,” Ann replies.

To say that it was awkward would be an understatement.

Can we talk?” Jimin asks.

You're already doing it so you may as well continue,” Ann says back.

Jimin decided to ignore the snarky remark and to just get down to it. “So what happened last night?

What do you mean? You were there.”

Will you cut out the snarky remarks, Ann? What happened between you and Nari. She called me up last night crying and apologizing because she didn't want to get you in trouble. She keeps saying how you're acting rude and mean to her. She looks up to you. And apparently last night wasn't the first time something like this happened,” Jimin says.

Ann's jaw drops open. “You guys are talking now? So you're telling me you believe her over your own girlfriend?”

Jimin shrugs. “That's why I'm asking you. Besides, you've been acting really weird for the past month or so.”

I haven't been acting weird,” Ann says, trying not to yell and make a scene at the airport.

Yes you have. This body image issue was so sudden. I don't know what happened. And it seems that everytime I go to kiss you or even touch you, you just break away from me like I'm some disease. You never give me a reason. I know you have problems with skinship but I'm a guy and I have needs, to and-”

“So what you're saying is that you're mad at me because I don't put out? Because I'm not ready to have , yet? Is that what you're saying?”

“No-I. Damn it. That's not what I meant. It came out wrong. I didn't mean it like that. Just hear me out-”

I think I've heard enough, Jimin,” Ann softly says.

He reaches out for her hand but she pulls away. “Ann I didn't mean it-just listen. I've been stressed and-”

And you think I haven't? You know what. I'm done with this conversation,” Ann says as she walks away and finds a seat by herself.

Jimin watches her go before rubbing his hand down his face. Damn it. I don't know why I even said that. Why did that even come out my mouth? It wasn't supposed to go like that at all.

 

 




 

Hey babe,” Rose says to Namjoon as she takes a seat next to him.

He sighs before replying back. “Hey. Feel like talking?” he says calmly.

Yeah, what's up?

Just hear me out, okay? Just know that I really love and care for you. But lately, I've been feeling neglected and ignored. I'm really happy that you've found someone you can talk and share things about home and stuff, too, but I just feel like you've been seeing Chung more than me.”

I didn't know you felt that way,” Rose says quietly.

“I don't want to ruin your fun or tell you to stop hanging out with him, because I'm not. I just feel like you've forgotten about me,” he says.

Rose chuckles. “I can never forget about my amazing fiancé. I'm sorry that I've been neglecting you. I guess I just got too caught up with someone else being from the same place I'm from.”

It's alright. I probably made it a bigger deal than it was,” he says.

“No, it's not. I'm really sorry I've made you feel that way. I'm with you now. Plus, we have this tour to spend time together, too. I'll try my best to make it up to you,” Rose says before kissing him on the cheek.

Namjoon smiles. “I'd like that.

You know, it's kinda sweet and also a turn on to see that the Kim Namjoon actually gets jealous,” she says.

He rolls his eyes but smiles. “Only for you.

He wanted to ask about the situation between her and Ann but he decided to ask later as he didn't want to ruin the moment. 



 

Well, looks like they're good to go,” Hoseok says as he points his head towards Namjoon’s and Rose's way.

Tch. That's great. She's all happy while Ann is sitting over there by herself,” Scynthia says.

Guess that talk didn't turn out too well,” Jeong says.

You have got to be kidding me,” Scynthia deadpans as she stares at someone. The two guys follow her lead, only to find Jimin and Nari talking.

Wow,” Hoseok says.

Why did this have to happen right before the tour?” Jeong groans.

“Where's Hyun? I'll take him up on that alcohol. I feel like I'm going to need to be drunk during this entire tour,” Scyn says.




 

“Aish. What are with these kids?” Hyejin asks the manager of BTS.

“I don't know. I went to pick them up and some of them were really down,” he says.

You know, if this gets too out of hand we're going to step in, right?” Hyejin asks.

Hopefully it won't come to that, though. But we can't have problematic idols performing concerts.”

Hyejin nods. “Let's just give them some time. The first concert isn't until a few days once we land.”

Let's hope that's enough time.”








 

Everyone began gathering on the plane. Ann spotted Jimin and quickly avoided him, taking a seat by the window, further from the group.

Scynthia and Hoseok sat next to each other, while Rose and Namjoon paired up. Everyone else paired up accordingly. Nari was even able to slide her way next to Jimin.

Ann was leaning her head against the window, trying to calm herself down.

Hey, can I sit here with you?” She looks up to see Jungkook and nods.

You okay? You look a little upset,” he asks her once he's seated.

Ann just shrugs. “Not really but it's fine. No need to worry,” she says and gives him a small smile.

He nods as he sees she doesn't want to talk about last night or whatever happened between her and his hyung. So, he thought he could at least serve as a distraction.

“I'm really excited about the tour,” he says. “I'm excited to visit the states.”

Haven't you guys been there before, though?”

He nods. “It'll be different this time. We have two native English speakers! I know hyung can speak English but I know he gets tired of trying to translate for us all the time.”

She chuckles. “I wouldn't blame him. Have you even learned any more words apart from July and Pardon? Or holy ?” she asks him.

“I have! I've been studying more!” he proudly says.

 

 

Then you won't need any of us to help you. I bet you could have a full on conversation in English. We should try it,” Ann says.

Jungkook looks at her with wide eyes. “I haven't been studying that much.”

I'm just kidding. But I am excited to go home.”

“You'll have to show us around Chicago. We've never really had any time to explore or tour the city.

Will do! I promised Jin oppa that I'd show him the best food places. Oh! I'll have to definitely show you my favorite shoe store! They even have a section just for Timbs.”

Jungkook’s eyes light up. “No way! That should be our first stop!” he excitedly says.

 

They soon began talking about everything. Jungkook and Ann have gotten a lot closer over the last year or so, mostly because they're pretty much the same age and are into similar things. Ann is one of the few girls he feels comfortable around while Jungkook is the one she feels closest to out of BTS. . .well, except Jin.

 

“Oh wow, we're already in the air,” Ann says with a smile.

Then my job has been done. I heard about your anxiety about flying. Thought I'd help you out a bit,” he says before smiling.

Thanks Kookie. That means a lot.”

Oh!” Ann says. “I've been meaning to ask you, how's your girlfriend doing? I heard N.T is doing really well!”

He rubs the back of his head. “I don't know. I feel like she doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore. I think she cares more about her career right now, which is understandable. I just wish she'd tell me instead of dragging me along.”

Ann nods. “I'm sorry to hear about that. I didn't know. I always thought you guys looked cute together. Hopefully you guys will work it out. If not, I hope you two remain friends.”

Thanks. I haven't really told anyone about that. Kinda feels good to get it off my chest.”

Well, I'm always here to lend an ear. After dancing, I am a very good listener,” she says.

Oh oppa! That was so funny!” the two heard ahead of them. Ann looked to see that Nari and Jimin were laughing. Jungkook followed the direction of her gaze, only to scowl at Jimin. How could he do this to her? Does he not care for her anymore? Jungkook thought.

 

He turned to look at Ann, only to see her crestfallen and looking out the window.

I don't know if this helps any but I believe you. Hyung is just stupid if he thinks you actually did something to her,” he says.

Thanks,” she says without looking at him.

Jungkook decided to just leave her alone for a while. He took his ipod out and put an ear bud into her ear while putting the other one into his.






 

Must we listen to this?” Scynthia asks.

Of course! You made me this! I'll never get tired of this mix,” Hoseok says.

We could be watching something important like Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms!

Oh no! We are on a plane, Scyn. All I need to happen is for you to take one of your so called walks because the episode pissed you off. I don't want you walking right off this plane.”

Can't even argue about that,” she says. “Least I know you care enough to not let me fall out of a plane,” she chuckles.



 

The rest of the plane ride went pretty smoothly. Jimin and Ann never talked or rather, Ann ignored him. Rose and Namjoon kept to themselves, surprisingly, while everyone else pretty much slept the whole plane ride.




 

The plane ride finally made landed at LAX. As everyone got off, they also smiled at the sunshine and warm weather.

 

The two managers looked around at both groups and saw them take in everything. From their point of view, the groups looked content and peaceful. It seems that they solved their issues, the both thought.

 

Oh, how wrong they both were.



 

Little did they know that things are just about to start.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not too happy about this chapter so yeah. The upcoming chapters will be better!!  

 

So I kinda wrote this in a different way. Just trying something new. Lemme know if you prefer the different POV's ☺