~Twelve~

Breaking Free

Namjoon’s POV

 

Have you seen Rose?” I ask Jungkook and Ann.

No we haven't hyung,” Jungkook says.

“Weird. She was just here before I went to the bathroom. I wasn't gone that long,” I say.

“I don't know hyung. Maybe she went to the bathroom or to a table,” he says.

I nod and decide to go look around.

 

I walk down a hallway where there's some people mingling.

I get ready to turn and walk back but then something catches my ears.

Do you like that Rose?”

 

I tilt my head and scan the lightly lit hallway. That sounds like Chinese. I'm nit fluent but I sure as hell understand enough to hear my wife's name.

After seeing nothing I turn and start heading back to the main part of the club. I turn the corner but soon stop as I do a double take at a couple. Wait. What the ?

It can't be. My eyes have to be messing with me.

 

I walk up to the two people, only to prove my suspicions right.

ThereThere she is, with his tongue practically shoved down . 

 

You've got to be kidding me right?” I ask as I pull Rose away from him.

He looks up and smirks.

Oh, i didn't see you there. What's up hyung?”

“Joonie,” Rose says as she turns back to him, “let's go and dance some more.”

“Whatever you say,” he says.

What the ? Rose, I'm right here,” I say.

What? This is Joonie,” she says before doing something that almost broke me. She grabbed his face and pulled him close to hers. Before anything else happened I pulled her away from him.

I look over Rose and notice she's sweating a lot.

Rose, are you okay? What have you drunk?”

“I can't remember. Who are you again?” she asks me.

I look at her again before looking back at him but he was gone.

I turn back to Rose. “What'sthe last thing you remember?” i ask her.

What? Who are you?” she says.

Come on. We're  leaving,” I say as I grab her hand and lead us out this hall. I pull my phone out to make a call.

Hey Namjoon. You done for the night already?” my manager asks.

Hyung, I need you to come here quick and take me to the hospital.”

“What? What happened? Are you okay?”

“It's Rose. I think she's been drugged. Please hurry hyung.”

“I'm leaving now. Just be careful.”

 

I end the call and slide the phone in my pocket. We find a place by the door to stand. I have Rose lean against the wall while I stand in front of her. I lower my head to her level so she could me.

Are you okay Rose?” I ask her.

“I w-want Namjoon.”

“I'm here Rose. I'm not leaving you again.”

“You're not Joonie. Where's Joonie at.”

My heart shattered at her not knowing it's me.

 

We're gonna take you to the hospital,  okay? You said you weren't feeling well, right?” I ask her gently, earning a nod in response.

I pull her to my chest and wrap her arms around me.

You're really comfortable. Too bad I don't know your name,” she says as she wraps her arms around my waist.

But you do,” I quietly say.

We just stood like that until my manager came to pick us up. 

What happened?” he asks as I put the seatbelt around Rose before doing the same to me.

That no good son of a drugged her! She doesn't even know who I am, hyung! She can't even recognize her own fiance!” I say or rather yell.

You know who did it? Who?” he asks as he drives off and heads to the hospital.

Chung. The backup dancer,” I say as I tighten my hold around Rose.







 

Scynthia’s POV


 

Was that hyung and Rose?” Hobi asks.

What?” I say.

I'm pretty sure I just saw them leave with manager hyung.

“Who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if she did something. Anyways, I'm sure our managers will call us if something major happened,” I say.

 

He nods as he leans down and starts giving butterfly kisses down my jaw and along my neck.

“I don't know if I told you this or not, but you looked damn fine performing your new song at the concert,” he says.

“Oh really?” I ask him and he hums in response. “What are you trying to do?” I ask him after I pull away from him a bit.

Just some things to my wife,” he says with a smirk.

Just as I was about to say something and wipe that sly smirk off his face, Lauren rushes past us.

“Lauren! Wait up!” Bobby yells after her.

“Hey, what happened?” I ask Bobby.

“I don't know. She said she saw some girl talking to Ann or getting up in her face or something.”

“It better not be that . I'll be back,” I tell Hobi before going to follow Lauren.


 

“You have two seconds to move back,” Lauren says just as I reach them.

Excuse me, but do I know you?” Nari asks with arms crossed in front of her chest.

You will if you don't back up from my friend,” Lauren says.

Nari scoffs and shakes her head.

Your friends with this ? No wonder Jimin dumped her . Now she's making moves on Jungkook. I'm surprised she hasn't whored around all of BTS,” she says before chuckling.

You ing ,” Lauren says before lunging after her.

Before she could attack Nari, Bobby came and held her back.

“You better be lucky someone's holding me back,” Lauren says.

Why would I be afraid of you people?” she asks with a roll of her eyes.

Was that supposed to be a racist remark?” I ask her as I step forward.

What the do you think ?-O-Oh! Hi Scynthia. When did you get here?” she stutters out.

I smile as I walk closer to her. “I hope you enjoyed your time at BigHit,” is all I say before turning my back to her.

 

“Come on Lauren. You can't be getting into fights. Especially with Bobby here with you,” I say.

Bobby leads her to a table.

 

With all of the commotion, I didn't notice Ann leave the scene. I did a quick scan of the bar, and see Jungkook talking to Ann. She'll be fine with him.

 

I pull my phone out and press the stop button before putting it back in my pocket.

 

is going down.





 

Author's POV

Noona is here to pick us up,” Jeong says to the group.

Why? It's still early,” Hyun says.

Something happened to Rose. Her and Namjoon are at the hospital with their manager,” he says.

I guess it was serious Scynthia thinks to herself.

Alright, let's go,” Jeong says.





 

The group gets into the van to meet their manager.

Please tell me everyone is okay and not hurt,” Hyejin says as she looks over her shoulder to see everyone buckling up.

Yeah. But what happened to Rose?” Hyun asks.

“Someone apparently drugged her. Namjoon and their manager is with her. They say she's fine and in stable condition. So that's good. I wanted to get you all back to the hotel before anything else happened. After dropping you guys off, I'm coming back to get the boys,” Hyejin says before turning back around and pulling out into the street.  

Do you know who drugged her?” Scynthia asks.

“I really shouldn't be saying this but Namjoon says it was one of the backup dancers. The police are supposed to be going to the club and viewing the surveillance cameras.”

“I bet it was that Nari or that what's his name? The Chinese dancer who's practically been all over Rose and she's been allowing it,” Scynthia says.

Did something happen Scyn? You seem pissed off,” Jeong says.

We just had a confrontation with face is all.”

“Who is we?” Hyejin asks as she glances in the rearview mirror.

She was all up in Ann's face calling her names she should be calling herself. So Lauren went to her and told her to leave and then got all racist towards us,” Scynthia says.

You didn't fight did you?” Hyejin asks.

What did she say?” Hyun asks.

No unnie. We didn't fight, though, she got real close to getting a pair of free hands,” Scynthia starts. “How about I just play it for you?”

“What do you mean?” Jeong asks.

Scynthia pulls out her phone and plays what she recorded earlier.  

Gasps and No’s were filled in the car.

She really said that?” Jeong asks. “I knew something was up with her but to go that low and say those things.”

“Ann, are you alright?” Hyun asks.

Ann nods without saying a word as she doesn't want to talk about it.

Scyn, tomorrow morning,  we'll call Mr. Bang and have a talk with him. He should also hear that recording,” Hyejin says. “Now, I'm going to let you keep your phone because I trust you. But you are not to share or show that video to anyone else. Not even the boys. I mean it Scynthia,” Hyejin sternly states.

Yes unnie,” Scynthia says.

Just let me take care of it, alright?” Hyejin says. Scynthia nods.

 

 

 

 

Okay guys. Now, there's security at all exit doors. So you guys go straight to your rooms, okay? I'm hoing to go pick up the boys. I'll let you know if I hear anything else aboit Rose. Amd Scyn, remember what I said."

The three get out the van and walk inside, earning a nod from the guard standing by the door.


 

They soon reach the elevator and push their floor number.

“Did you want to stay in my room until the guys come back?” Scynthia asks Ann who replies by nodding.

 

The elevator doors open and the step out into the hall.

Me and Hyun will will be in our room. Just let us know if you two need anything,” Jeong says.

Scynthia and Ann nod before they all walk to their rooms.





 

Ann's POV

I walk out the bathroom to see Scyn sitting on her bed scrolling through her phone.

“I'm done in the bathroom,” I say.

“Alright,” she says as she grabs everything she needs before walking into the bathroom.

I sigh as I take a seat on the bed. Words from earlier tonight start running through my head. . You people.

No Ann. You're not crying again. That's all I ever do is cry and make trouble for people.

I should probably leave. I don't want to bother Scyn. Plus i don't want to be a bother when Hoseok comes back.

I get up and walk to the bathroom door and knock on it.

“Hey, Scyn, I'm gonna go back to my room. I'll talk to you later.”

“If you insist. Let me know if you need anything. And Ann, I hope you know everything that that said isn't true. I'm here whenever you need to talk,” she says from inside the bathroom.

“Thanks Scyn. I'll see you later,” I say before walking over to the door and leaving the room.

 

I make it to my room, close and lock my door, before sitting on the bed. I put my back against the headboard, bring my knees up to my chest, and lay my head on top of them. Without being able to stop them, the tears just fall.  






 

Author's POV

Wow, I can't believe someone drugged Rose,” Taehyung says surprised.

 

Hyejin picked the boys up and they are now on their way back to the hotel.

 

Yeah, it's crazy. I'm just glad she and everyone else is okay,” Jin says.

That's a good way to think,” Hyejin says. “Hey, Jungkook, are you alright? You haven't said a word since I've picked you guys up.”

“I'm fine. Did Ann seem okay to you?” Jungkook asks Hyejin.

She was pretty quiet. I heard what happened, though,” she says.

Did you also hear how Jimin did nothing to stop her?” Jungkook asks as he glares at Jimin.

What do you have to do with this, Jimin?” Hyejin asks confused.

They didn't tell you what happened?” Hoseok asks.

Tell me what?”

“We'll just let Ann tell you. It really isn't our place to say,” Jin says.

Jimin just scoffs and rolls his eyes.

How long are they going to keep Rose?” Yoongi asks. “I'm assuming Namjoon is going to be staying with her.”

They're going to keep her for a few more hours just to make sure she's alright. And yes, your manager and Namjoon are hping to stay with her. So if you boys need anything, let me know,” Hyejin says as the pull up to the hotel.  “Remember, straight to your rooms. No wandering around.”

 

“Yes noona,” they say in unison as they all get out the van and walk into the hotel.





 

They all get off the elevator and start heading to their rooms.



 

“What are you doing?” Jin asks.

Jungkook starts packing some clothes in his bookbag.

I think I'm going to spend the night with Ann since she's all by herself,” he says.

That's nice of you. I should have a talk with her soon. I feel like I'm being a bad older brother  to her. She's my dongsaeng and I haven't really talked to her. We used to talk all the time,” Jin says.

“I'm sure she doesn't think that way hyung. But I'll see you in the morning,” Jungkook says.

Alright. Let me know if you guys need anything.”

“Will do,” Jungkook says before closing the room door behind him.




 

Jungkook’s POV

 

I stood in front if Ann's room and knock on her door.

Ann, it's Jungkook. Let me in please.”

 

The door opens and Ann steps aside to let me in. I observe her face as I walk in and shut the door behind me.

I notice that her eyes are red and puffy.

 

“Ann, have you been crying?

She shakes her head no before going to sit on the bed. 

I'm going to go take a shower and then I'll be out,” I say as I make my way to the bathroom.







 

Namjoon’s POV

 

“She has definitely been drugged. Her blood tests show that Rohypnol is in her system,” the doctor tells us.

“What exactly is that?” manager asks.

“It acts as a tranquilizer depressant. It's most commonly known by its street name, Roofie. It's known as the date drug. Side effects include confusion, which is probably what she showed.”

I nod at the doctor.  

“In addition, control of motor function decreases.”

That explains why I saw what I did then.

“She's lucky she didn't receive a large dose because that could have sent her into respiratory depression.

But the good news is that she's fine. She basically just needs to sleep it off. I want to keep her for a few more hours just to make sure, though,” the doc says which earns a sigh of relief from me.

“Can I get you two anything?”

“No thanks,” I say.

“I'll probably just run and get some coffee. Thank you so much doctor,” hyung says 

“No problem. I'll be back in a little while to check on her again,” the doc says before leaving the room.

 

“That's a relief,” hyung says.

I nod in agreement. “Wait until I get my ing hands on him,” I say through clenched teeth.

Namjoon. You have every right to be mad. But you can't do what you want to do to him. Let me and Hyejin handle this.”

I nod. As long as my Rose is okay, I'll let it go for now.









 

Jungkook’s POV

 

I walk out the bathroom to see Ann just sitting on the bed.

“I kind of thought you would have fallen asleep,” I say.

I walk over to the bed. “Can I?” I ask.

She nods and scoots over making room for me.

“Did you cry again?” I asks as I climb in next to her.

No,” she says in a quiet voice.

“You really are a bad liar,” I say with a small smile.

“You don't have to stay, you know. I don't want to be a burden to you. I don't want you to feel like you're obligated to stay,” she says while looking down at her hands.

Ann, first off, you're not a burden. You're anything but. Second, you're none of those words that she called. You're far from it,” I say.

“Does he hate me that much?” she asks.

Does who hate you?”

“Jimin. I know he broke up with me but why does he just let her treat me the way she does. I feel so useless and unwanted. I think Rose hates me, too. I don't know what I've done to any of them. Sometimes I wish I would've never came back to Seoul.”

“Hey now,” I say as I put my arm around her shoulders. “Don't ever say you're useless because you're not. Everyone here loves you. Now, I don't know what exactly is going on with Jimin and Rose, but the rest of us definitely loves you. Factually, Jin was just telling me how he misses you and how you two don't hang out Anymore. And if you didn't come back, I'd have to deal with all these old people myself,” I say, earning a slight giggle from her.

Good. I got you to somewhat smile. I'll take that as a start. Now, do you want me to stay? I'll leave if you don't and I'll stay if you do.”

“Yes. Thanks Kookie,” she says as she wraps her arms around my waist and lays her head on my chest. “I really appreciate it.”

I hug her back. “Anytime Ann. Now, no more crying, okay?”

“I'll try,” she says. “But it seems to be the only thing I'm good at nowadays.”

“You know that's not true. But, what you're not good at is Overwatch,” I say with a smirk.

Hey! That's no fair. I've been trying.”

“Yeah. Whatever you say.”

 

Soon enough, after our bickering if hiw she at playing Overwatch, I hear her steady breathing. I look down to see her eyes closed. She's indeed asleep. I smile. Why does it feel nice to have her in my arms sleeping?


I shake the thought off as I fall asleep, too.