~Five~

Breaking Free

Just thought I'd give pictures of Jisoo, Chung, and Nari.

Jisoo (omg baeeeeeee. Love you Joshua!! <3333)

21 years old

Backup dance for BTS and Royalty 

(And is my baeeee

Chung

Chinese

23 years old

Backup dancer to Royalty & BTS

(Tell my bae, Sungjoo, I said hey, Wenhan!<333)

 

Nari

21 years old

Backup dancer for BTS & Royalty

 

 

Let me know if you want me to put up pics of the other characters!  I know it's been a while, lol. 

Enjoy!

 

 

 

Jeong’s POV

Good practice today guys. The dances are really coming along. We’ll try singing and putting the dances together tomorrow. Go eat and have a good night’s sleep,” the choreographer tells us before leaving, just as Hyejin noona comes through the door.

“You guys must be starving. How about we go out for a quick bite and then you guys can go and rest,” she says.

Yes! Noona is the best,” Taehyung says.

Noona smiles. “Everyone is coming. Just think of it as a get to know everyone,” she says.

I’m up for that,” Jin says.

Great. Get your things together and come down. There’s some vans already waiting,” she says.

We all nod and start packing up.

As I zip my bag up, I notice Ann go to noona. They start talking, thought I can’t hear what they’re talking about.

She’s been acting very down today and I don’t know why. I scan the room and spot Jimin and Nari talking to each other. Maybe he knows the reason.

I walk over to them. As I get closer to them, I pick up on their conversation.

Just know that if you ever need anything, I’m always here. I mean, we’ll be on tour together,” Nari says.

Thanks Nari,” Jimin says with a smile before looking my way. “Oh, Jeong. What’s up?”

I offer a polite smile to Nari before looking at Jimin.

Can I talk to you for a bit?” I ask.

Sure,” he says before we walk to a corner in the room for some privacy.

“Do you know what’s up with Ann?” I ask, getting straight to the point.

He sighs before running his hand through his hair.

“No. I tried talking to her while you all were at lunch but she just pushed me away. I was going to try talking to her again later, if she lets me,” he says.

I nod. “Least I’m not the only one who’s noticing her acting different,” I say only earning a nod from him.

“Well, let’s go get some food,” I tell him. We begin walking towards the door.

“Hey Ann, ready for some food?” I ask her.

No, I’m just gonna go to the dorm. I’m pretty beat,” she says.

I look at noona who just shrugs.

“I can stay with you. I can make you some food at the dorm,” Jimin says.

Ann just shakes her head. “You guys go out and eat. I’ll be fine. Just need some sleep is all,” she says.

“Do you want me to come with you or will you be alright going home alone?” noona asks.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll just let the driver take me back. You deserve some food, too, unnie,” Ann says.

Noona nods before leaving with everyone else. “Let’s go guys!” she yells.

“Are you sure you’re alright? You know you can tell us anything right?” I say to her.

Yeah, sure. I’ll see you later,” she says before turning to leave.

Wait,” Jimin says, “I’ll bring you back something, okay?” he says as he leans in for a kiss but Ann turns her head, having him kiss her cheek instead.

“Um, yeah. See you later,” she says before walking out the room.

Now that was weird,” I said.

“Yeah. She didn’t even make eye contact with any of us. I’m really starting to worry about her,” Jimin says, running his hand through his hair again. That guy really needs to stop doing that.

Yeah. Maybe she really does need some rest. Hopefully she’ll be alright tomorrow,” I say, “Let’s go. They’re probably waiting for us.”

Yeah, okay,” he says.

 

 

Scynthia’s POV

 

So, Jisoo,” I say to him.

He turns his head to me.  “What’s up?”

“Has anyone ever told you that you look like Joshua from Seventeen?” I ask him.

He chuckles at that.  “I’ve actually never got told that. But thanks, I think?”

“Oh, it’s a compliment. Trust me,” I say with a smile.

How’d you all think the first day of tour practice went?” Namjoon asks.

Hyejin decided to take us all to a restaurant.  Since it was pretty late, not many people were there, which was great.  I mean, BTS plus Royalty plus the dancers and crew.  Let’s just say, we took up a few tables.

“I think it went really well. I knew you all were talented but you guys are just amazing in person, well except Jimin here.” Nari says with a teasing smile as she glances at Jimin while saying it. 

Thanks! You guys are really good, too! I may need to ask one of you for some dance lessons,” Rose says with a chuckle.

“Well, I’m here all tour if you need some extra help,” Chung says.

Namjoon, all of a sudden, started a coughing fit.

“You alright, Joonie?” Rose asks.

Namjoon clears his throat after drinking some water.  “Yeah, just peachy.”

I look around the table, noticing some strange things happening.  Chung and Rose are talking privately in Chinese.  Namjoon looks like he’s about to break his glass if he squeezes it any harder.  I had to stop myself from laughing.  It’s kinda cute to see him being jealous over Rose.  Least we know he really loves her.  I continue to scan the table until my eyes stopped on Jimin.  Nari seems to be talking his ears off but he seems to be out of it.  Speaking of that, where the hell is Ann?

I lean over to my right.  “Hey, Hobi?”

“What’s up babe?” he asks me.

“Do you know where Ann is?” I ask him.

Jimin told us she went back to the dorm. I guess she wasn’t feeling well,” he tells me.

How did I not know this?  How am I just noticing she’s gone?  I get out my phone and send a text to her, asking if she’s alright.

“I’m sure she’s fine. She might be just tired,” Hobi says.

“I don’t know. I mean, she not only ditched lunch but she ditched dinner, too. And if she went straight to bed, that means she hasn’t eaten all day because we don’t have any food at the dorm,” I say, starting to get worried.  I look at my phone to see that she hasn’t replied yet.

Maybe Jimin knows what’s up.  I mean, they are together.  I open my mouth and look up to ask Jimin, but I soon close it at the sight in front of me.  Nari’s hand is on top of Jimin’s. 

Jimin just let her be. He didn't move an inch. I hear these two are old friends. I wonder how close they used to be.  I see me and him are definitely going to have a little chat soon. . .real soon.

“Hey, I’ll be right back. I’m going to call Ann real quick,” I tell Hobie.

He nods before kissing my cheek and getting back to his conversation with Jisoo.  Apparently they were talking about Christmas gifts or something.  I think I heard them mentioning underwear.  I swear, guys are so weird. (So if you guys watched BTS' Vapp where they exchanged gifts, you'll understand this. I watched it while writing this chapter. Like, I would accept Suga's gift any day. XD)

 

 

 

I put my phone to my ear as I walk to some place quiet in the restaurant.  The phone continues to ring.  Come on, Ann, answer the damn phone.  Finally, on the fifth ring, it picks up.

“Hello?” she says quietly.

“Hey, Ann. Just called to check up on you,” I say.

“I-I’m fine,” she says before sniffling.

“Are you crying?”

“No. My allergies are just b-bothering me is all,” she tells me.

“Ann, I know you’re lying,” I say.

“I’m fine Scyn, really,” she says.

“Me and you are going to talk as soon as I step foot inside the dorm. And don’t tell me you’re sleepy because I don’t buy that bull,” I say.

“Scyn, I’m fine. I really am,” she says.

“Ann, are you really going to continue to lie to me?”

I hear her sigh, knowing that I’m right.  “Fine.”

“Good. Now try not to do anything stupid,” I tell her.

“Yeah,” she says quietly again before ending the call.

I don’t get it.  She was all happy and excited this morning at practice today.  Why does she sound so sad now?

 

I sigh before turning and heading back to the table.

I walk up to unnie.  “Would it be alright if I went back to the dorm a little early, unnie?” I ask her.

“Is something wrong?” she asks.

I shake my head.  “I just wanna check up on Ann is all. Plus she’s probably hungry.”

“Oh that’s right. I have to go grocery shopping for you guys. Such a good manager I am,” she says.

“It’s not your fault, unnie. We’ve all been really busy and tired,” I tell her.

“Right. Oh, did you want me to come with you?” she asks.

I shake my head.  “No, it’s fine. Plus the dorm isn’t too far from here, anyways.”

“Alright. Just send me a text when you get there. And tell me how Ann is, too. Jeong and Jimin were worried about her earlier.”

I guess I’m not the only one noticing.

“Will do. I’m just going to get her food and tell Hobi I’m leaving,” I tell her, earning a nod in return.

I walk to Hobi and tell him I’m leaving.

“You want me to come?” he asks.

“Nah. Me and Ann are just going to have a talk is all,” I tell him.

“Okay, be careful. Let me know when you make if safely,” he tells me.  I peck him on the lips.  I have such amazing and caring people in my life.

I go to grab Ann’s food and head out the door.  As I reached it, I hear someone calling my name.  I turn around to see Nari walking towards me.

“What’s up?” I ask her.

“I wondered if you could just tell Ann I said I hope she feels better. She didn’t look too well today,” she says.

“Sure, I can do that,” I say before smiling.

Thanks! Get home safely and have a nice night. I’ll see you tomorrow!” she says before going back to the table.

Once she turns around, my smile falls.  Fake .  I know you’re up to something but I’m more than willing to play along until I find you out.

 

 

 

I put Ann’s food and my keys on the kitchen counter.  I get out my phone to text unnie and Hobie that I made it to the dorm in one peace.

I walk to our shared room and open the door.  I walk in, only to find Ann, sitting in front of the mirror, laptop in her lap.

“Ann? What are you doing?” I ask her.

“Did you know you could practically find anything on the internet?” she asks.

“Yeah?”

“Did you know that Girls Generation’s Seohyun is two inches taller than me but weighs about 20 pounds less?” she says in a broken voice.

“What does that have to do with anything?” I ask her as I stand rooted in my spot.

“Twice’s Momo is the same age and height as me, ya know. I weigh about 25 pounds more than her,” she says.

I come and sit beside her, taking the laptop away from her.  I look to see what she’s been doing, only to see idols’ weights and heights on the screen.  I go to the other browsers she has open and see she’s been looking up diets, too.

“Why are you looking up this stuff, Ann?” I ask her.

She lifts her head and looks straight into the mirror.  Her eyes are blotchy and red, like she’s been crying all this time.  I look passed her, only to see a scale.

“Have you noticed how short and chubby looking I am? Compared to most of the people here, I’m dark as night. I don’t even look my age.  I could pass for a 12 year old,” she says in a monotone voice.

“Ann, stop talking like that.”

She continues to stare in the mirror and talk.  “You and Rose unnie are really pretty. Did you know that? You’re tall and have long, slim legs. Unnie could practically be a model.”

I was going to object to what she was saying before she turned to look at me, tears falling down her face.

“D-did you know I’m supposed to be on a diet?” she asks.

I furrow my eyebrows together.  “What diet?”

“I-I was leaving the company and you k-know how there’s fans and the occasional paparazzi that wait by the front door?”

I nod, waiting for her to continue.

“They said they’ve been waiting there for a few hours.  I thought the least I could do was sign some autographs and take some pictures, especially since they’ve been standing there in the cold.”

She pauses as even more tears fall from her face. 

“T-this one paparazzi guy, h-he was telling me how Royalty was doing so well. T-then all of a sudden h-he asked when I was going to go on a diet and lose some w-weight.”  She then breaks down and start balling.

I pull her into my embrace, letting her cry it out.

“Ann, you are none of those things. You are beautiful. You’re not even close to being chubby. You’re a dancer for crying out loud. You have a dancer’s body that many girls would kill for, including me. You need to stop comparing yourself to other people,” I tell her.

She continues to cry, probably not listening to a word I’ve been saying.  Something then came to my mind.

“Why are you talking about your skin color?” I ask her.

I get noting in response.

I put my hands on her shoulders and push her back so she’s sitting straight.

“Ann, look at me,” I tell her.

Tears continue to fall from her eyes but she looks up, meeting my eyes.

“Did someone make a racist remark towards you?” I ask and that’s when she started crying even harder.

I pull her back into my embrace, rubbing her back, trying to calm her down.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen her cry this hard before, not even when she dealt with her dad.

It’s one thing to make a comment about someone’s appearance, saying their pretty or even fat.  But it’s another thing to make some ignorant, racist remark towards someone.

And if it’s one thing I cannot stand, it’s someone being stupid enough to make stupid racist comments about someone . . .

Especially when that someone is my best friend.

 

 

 

Jimin’s POV

“So, what made you want to be a Kpop star?” Nari asks.

I shrug.  “I guess I just like seeing people happy when I perform. Seeing them smile because of a dance or a song makes me feel good inside,” I honestly answer.

And this is how it’s been going for the past twenty minutes.  Ever since she sat next to me, we've  been trying to catch up.  It's great to be able to chill and talk to an old friend like this.

Though I'm really enjoying Nari and our conversation, I can’t help but worry about Ann.  I feel like something is wrong but she just won’t tell me.

I look down at my phone as I try to text her again.  She’s been ignoring my texts and calls.  She only replied once saying that she was fine.  After that, I haven’t received any replies.

“You know, it’s considered rude to be on your phone while at dinner with people,” Nari says. 

I fought the urge to roll my eyes.  "It's also rude to talk like that to the people who are older than you," I say with a smirk.

“Nah, formalities have already been thrown out the window,” she says.

"You're lucky I like you," I say.

“You seem to be distracted tonight. Is it Ann?” she asks.

Yeah, I’m just worried about her and all,” I say.

She nods in agreement.  “Yeah, we kind of. . .talked for a bit. She acted really strange.”

“What do you mean?” I ask.

Well, I went to go to the bathroom and I saw her in the hallway while she was filling up her water bottle. I went up and talked to her, telling her how much of a fan I was and how I just admired her dancing and she kind of just lashed out on me. She started saying how I wouldn’t make it far and how she didn’t even know how I made it into the company,” she says as she wipes a tear away.

Are you sure it was Ann? She is the nicest person you could ever meet. She would never say anything like that,” I say.  No way Ann said that.  I’m not buying this for one minute.

“I’m sure it was her. And I agree. She seems so nice on T.V. and in interviews. I couldn’t believe it when she said it. Maybe she was just in a bad mood or something,” Nari says to me.

“I’m sorry to hear about that, Nari, but I’m 100 percent sure that it wasn’t Ann,” I sternly say.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to get you upset but I’m honestly telling the truth,” she says before getting up.

"I'm sorry, Nari. I didn't mean it like that. I'll make sure to talk to her about it," I say before smiling weakky.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair.  No, Ann wouldn’t do that.  I mean, she has been acting strange lately but she wouldn’t lash out on someone. . .right?

 

 

Rose’s POV

I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I turned to Joonie’s direction.  “Yeah?”

“I just want to apologize for how I acted earlier. It was uncalled for,” he says.

I nod and smile.  “It’s alright. I know how much our engagement means to you. It means a lot to me, too. So, if you still wanted to talk to Mr. Bang, I’ll go with you. I mean, this does involve the both of us,” I say with a chuckle.

Really?” he asks.

I nod.  “Definitely. I can’t have all these girls trying to come on to you. They need to know that my Joonie is officially off the market,” I say with a smirk.

He smiles and leans in.  “Have I told you that I love you?” he asks.

I tilt my head and tap my chine with my finger.  “I don’t think so,” I say teasingly.

“Well, I love you,” he says as he leans in even closer, as our lips were about to touch.

Hey, Rose,” someone says, making me and Joonie pull apart.  He groans and I just give him a smile before turning towards my other side.

What’s up Chung?” I ask.

“Okay, you have to try this mooncake,” he says.

I grab my fork and take a bite of it.  “Wow, that isn’t too bad,” I say.

“I know right? I think this might be the closest Chinese food I’ve had since I’ve been here,” Chung says.

Yeah. These are one of the places that has good Chinese food. Now we can cross this off the list,” I say with a smile.

Oh darn, I was looking forward to spend some time with my fellow Chinese,” he says with a chuckle, making me laugh as well.

I hear a chair scraping against the floor.  I look towards Joonie to see that he already left the table.

I was about to follow him until Chung said something.

So, are you really a good cook or were you just lying about it?Chung asks.

I turn to him.  “Oh, I am a beast in the kitchen. I can probably even make a better mooncake than this one,” I say, not even realizing that we started speaking in Chinese.

I am definitely going to have to see it to believe it,” he says.

Tell you what, next off day we all get, we’ll have a small party and we’ll cook a real Chinese dinner. And then we’ll see how awesome of a cook I really am,” I say with a smirk.

“Oh, you are on,” he says before smiling.

I’ll show him.  How dare someone say I cannot cook?  It is definitely on.

 

 

Thanks cbloss58 for subscribing!! :D