~Ten~

Breaking Free

Alright guys! Now let's try it with the backup dancers!”

Royalty and the dancers got into place. The music for their song Married to the Music began and the members began performing.

The choreographer was in the seats watching them on stage. He wanted to make sure everything was perfect for their opening show. He began nodding along with the music, liking what he saw.

The part of the choreography where the members had to lean on the backup dancers came up. (A/N: if you watch the performance MV, this part is at about 1:55ish if you wanna watch it:). Everything was going well until one member ended up on their . 

The choreographer sighs before signaling the music to be stopped. He got up out his seat and got on stage.

Are you okay, Ann?” he asks.

She nods as Scynthia helps her up.

What happened here? We've practiced this many times and this never happened.”

“I'm sorry sir. It's my fault,” Nari says as everyone looks towards her. The choreographer nods, waiting for her to continue. “I guess I just lost my balance back there. I don't know why. Not to be mean or anything, but it just feels like you've gotten heavier since we practiced this back in Korea.”

At those words, Ann’s whole body tensed up.

The choreographer looks at Ann. “She looks the same. That can't be the reason.”

Nari shrugs. “But you're not the one she has to sit on. I can definitely feel the difference.”

Someone chuckles, making heads turn. “Sorry,” Rose says.

You know what, let's take a break. Everyone be back here in 10 minutes,” He says before leaving.

Some people leave the stage while others just lay on the floor.

Are you okay?” Jeong asks Ann.

Ann puts on a smile and nods. “Never better. I'm going to go get a drink,” she says before quickly leaving.

What the actual was that?” Scynthia asks.

What was what? I'm not the one who messed up,” Rose says.

“I'm not talking about that. What was that laughing back there? You're not actually agreeing with her are you?” Scynthia says.

Rose shrugs. “What more proof is needed? A dancer can't even hold Ann on her lap. Pretty funny if you ask me,” she says before walking away.

So what just happened here?” Hyun asks.

“I don't know. But Ann doesn't seem like herself today and Rose. . .I don't even know what to say about her,” Jeong says.

I'm going to check on Ann,” Scynthia says.

“Looks like Jungkook is already headed that way,” he says as he watches Jungkook follow Ann.

Speaking of that, does anyone know what happened between Ann and Jimin?”

“Whatever it is, I'm going to assume it wasn't good. I'm just glad Ann is one of those people who doesn't let herself get distracted,” Jeong says.










 

Dude, that was pretty mean to say,” Hoseok says to Jimin. The boys were sitting in the audience, watching Royalty rehearse their set.

What was?” Jimin asks as he busily types on his phone.

Are you serious? Nari just called Ann fat in front of everyone! And it wasn't even her fault. You know Nari just fell.” Jin exclaims.

Oh, I didn't hear it,” is all Jimin says.

Before Jin could launch at Jimin, Namjoon holds him back and shakes his head.

Why don't you go check on Jungkook and Ann, hyung?” Jin sighs before walking off.

The others left as well, leaving Namjoon and Jimin alone.

What's been going on, Jimin?”

“What do you mean?”

Namjoon scoffs. “You've been rude as to us, you're always glued to your phone, and I can only assume you broke up with Ann. Jin told me what haooened last night. This isn't like you.”

Jimin only shrugs.

Look, I don't know what's been happening but you need to fix your behavior. Don't go taking your personal problems on us. Just know that we're here for you whenever you want to talk,” Namjoon says as he pats Jimin's shoulder and leaves.












 

Ann closes her eyes and leans her back against the wall.

I guess it really is true. I'm now just a fat up.

She takes a few breaths, trying to not let the tears escape.

Hey, you alright?” someone asks as they come and sit next to her.

“I'm fine. Is break over?”

“No. We still have five minutes. I just wanted to check up on you.

Ann sighs before putting a smile on her face. “I'm fine. No need to worry about me.”

“You don't believe her, right?”

“Jungkook, what's there not to believe? She's not the first one to have said it and I'm sure she won't be the only one.”

“Ann, don't-”

“Let's face it. I'm fat and not that attractive. That's probably why Jimin broke things off with me. The only thing I have going for me is my dancing abilities.”

“Just listen, Ann.”

Ann shakes her head. “There's nothing to say. If fans, Jimin, even my bandmates think I'm not attractive or fat, something is up. I'm just going to have to fix it.”

Before Jungkook can open his mouth again, Ann stands up.

Ten minutes are up. I'll see you back there,” She says before walking back to the stage.

 

Jungkook sighs as he rakes a hand through his hair.

Stupid hyung.

 







 

The rest of rehearsal went as planned. No more mistakes were made for either group.

Alright. Rehearsal is done for the night. We have about four hours until the show. So go ahead and eat before you all have to get ready.”

Everyone dispersed after the words were heard. People were happy that they get to finally eat.

 

Do you guys want to get some takeout with us?” Nari asked as she came up to Royalty and BTS.

“I think we'll pass. Thanks, though,” Jeong nicely says.

Rose just scoffs. “Speak for yourself. I'll join you.”

Nari nods with a smile before looking at Jimin. “What about you?” she asks as she clings herself onto his arm, not without looking at Ann, though.

Um, sure,” Jimin says.

Yay!” Nari exclaims. She then looks at Ann. “I'd ask you Ann but you probably want to start watching what you eat. I can only hold so much weight,” She says before smiling and dragging Jimin along.

Ann squeezes her eyes shut and lets out a breath before opening them again.

That ing ,” Scynthia says.

Don't be mad because she's right. I'll see you guys later,” Rose says before following Nari and Jimin.

Whatever. Let's just ignore them. Do you guys want to just order in and chill here?” Taehyung asks.

Yeah, that sounds good,” Hyun agrees.

As long as I'm away from those two, I'm fine with whatever,” Scynthia says as she leans her head on Hoseok’s chest.

Alright, we can all go to our dressing room since it's bigger,” Jin says.

Everyone nods and starts heading that way, except for Ann, to which Jungkook notices.

Aren't you coming?” he asks.

She shakes her head no. “I think I'm just gonna take a nap. I want to feel rested before the show starts,” is all she says before heading towards another direction.

Jungkook could only sigh before catching up to the group.







 

 

 

Hey, where did Ann go?” Jeong asks.

She said she wanted to take a nap,” Jungkook says, “though I don't believe her.”

“What else could she be doing then?” Hyun asks.

Not ing eating. I swear, someone isn't going to make it to the concert tonight. I'll give you a hint. They're both not here,” Scynthia says.

Why would she even say that to Ann?” Namjoon asks.

“Probably to rub it in her face. It's pretty obvious that she likes Jimin,” Jungkook says.

What could she possible rub in Ann's face? That she's a dancer?” Hyun asks confused.

Jungkook tilts his head to the side. “Did she not tell you? Jimin broke up with her.”

“HE WHAT?!” Scynthia exclaims.

Jungkook slowly nods his head. “I ran into her last night and she looked out of it. I took her back to my room and she broke down.”

“Ah. That explains why you were sleeping on the couch and I found her in the bed,” Taehyung says earning a nod from Jungkook.

“Why didn't she tell us? Or me?” Scynthia sadly says.

You know Ann,” Jin says, “She probably didn't want to bother any of us, especially you and Hoseok.”

“Damn, I feel bad now,” Yoongi says.

“You ing should. You probably didn't make it any easier on her when you picked that ’s side over Ann’s at that dinner party. And you,” Scynthia faces Namjoon, “need to talk to your fiancé . I don't care if she's becoming friends with that hoe or not. She is our bandmate and we don't put each other on blast like that. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go talk to Ann before she does something stupid,” She finishes before storming out the dressing room.









 

I didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings back there. Maybe I should go and apologize,” Nari states as Joshua passes the food around.

You were just being honest. No harm done,” Rose says as she shrugs and takes a bite of her food.

“It's whatever,” Jimin says.

So are you all ready for tonight's show?” Chung asks.

Yes! I'm so excited. I'm also ready for the after party. I heard the club is going to be hype,” Nari says.

So I'm taking you're going?” Rose asks.

Yeah, why wouldn't we? Are you not?” Chung asks.

Rose shrugs. “Haven't really thought about it.”

“Well you should come. It wouldn’t be the same without you,” Chung says as he smiles.

Rose chuckles. “I'll think about it. If I can get Namjoon to go then you'll see me there.”

“Alright. I expect to see you there,” he says before going back to his food.









 

Scynthia’s POV


 

I walk into our dressing room to find Ann leaning back on the couch.

“I know you're not asleep.”

She sighs before opening her eyes and looking at me. “Thought you all went to eat?”

I nod and sit next to her. “We did. But then some things were said and discussed.” she doesn't respond.

“How come you didn't tell me you and Jimin broke up?”

“Not something I rather talk about.”

“What happened?”

“If it wasn't clear, I rather not talk about this,” Ann snaps.

“Okay. Then let's talk about what happened at rehearsal then. You know she's just a fake , right? You shouldn't listen to her.”

“Is this the only reason you came to see me? To gloat about all the ty stuff that's been happening to me the past few days. If it is then you can just turn back around and leave.”

“Ann, I didn't come to do that at all. I just thought you'd want to talk about it.”

“Well I don't so just leave,” she sneers.

“I'm just trying to help you here,” I say as I try to control my growing anger.

She scoffs. “Yeah, you're definitely helping me right now.  If you don't mind, I rather not accept your help. I came in here so I could be alone but if you're not going to leave then I will,” she says as she stands up and walks towards the door.

Before she could grab the handle, I stand up and grab her wrist to turn her around.

“Why are you catching an attitude with me for? I'm not the one who dumped you or called your fat!” I exclaim. But soon enough, I realize what I said and immediately regret it.

“Look, Ann, I didn't mean it. You're just getting upset for no reason.”

She chuckles as she yanks her wrist back. “Yeah Because for some reason I'm never allowed to get upset.”

“What the is that supposed to mean?” I sneer back.

“Nothing. It's not like you'd understand anyways.”

“What do you mean? We've been ing best friends no sisters forever. I'm pretty sure that I understand you.”

“That's the thing. You don't understand. You've got the looks, the talents, the brains, and the personality everyone loves. You even have a perfect husband that cares and loves you. So no, you don't understand.”

“I'm not ing perfect, Ann. No one is.”

“But in everyone's eyes you are. Like I said, you wouldn't understand.”

She then turns and walks out the room.


.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HI guys!! Tis back with a chapter that I hope you all enjoyed!

 

So I know it's been a while with this story. I was going to put it on hiatus and even delete the thing because I had no motivation to continue this, lol. But if you guys still want this to be continued, I will. If not, I'll most likely delete it.

 

Anyways, til next time!😊✌🏽