The Decision (Part 1)

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

When I first met you, I honestly didn't know that you were going to be this important to me. 


Previously.... 

"My child will be in more danger if the news spreads out that I am carrying his first child. Do you understand? No one must know. No one. "

Soo sighed as she prepared herself to sleep. Thinking back on the news she received tonight,  she thought of ways to protect her defenseless child against the machinations of the people inside the palace who would wish her harm. She was not naive to think that she would be safe from harm now that So was king. Now more than ever,  she was more prone to be harmed. Her cheat started to tighten. Her eyes widened and she calmed herself down. 

Putting a hand on her chest, the other gripping into the hem of her nightdress. 

Soo stood up and held the hairpin that So gave her, she smiled sadly. In the end, we will be separated. Why must this happen? Are we not allowed to have a moment of peace anymore? she thought. 

"I am sorry, So. But I must protect our child. " she whispered as a lone tear fell out of her eye. Steeling herself, she grabbed a paper and ink and started to write. 


In the main hall of Chondeokjeon, the 4th Prince, now King Gwangjong's read one of the scrolls brought to him by the eunuch about the tension in the Silla-Later Baekje borders. 

"The people there are starting fights, ending with many people injured and infrastructure being damaged. your Majesty,  what must we do? " Astronomer Choi asked him. "It seems that I will have to install a loyal clan there. What do you think, Ji Mong?" the king replied. The man smiled. "That is a very wise decision,  your Majesty. " 

Turning back to his scroll, the king remembered something he forgot to ask. He motioned for a eunuch.  "Go to Damiwon, and ask about the Lady Hae Soo. I want to know about her condition." he ordered. The eunuch bowed and answered, "Of course,  Your Majesty. " he left the hall and went towards the direction of Damiwon. The astronomer frowned and looked at the king. "The rumors are already starting,  Your Majesty. Rumors of how you did not do the bedding ceremony has alarmed the powerful clans that you do not favor your queen. " he said. The king laid down his scroll back on the table. 

"It is true. And I don't care if rumors start. I have other important things to do than listen to them." he said. 

Seeing that he could not convince him anymore,  the astronomer bowed and said nothing.