The Shining Stars

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

A man garbed in fine robes ran as he processed the knowledge he now held. They have come, he thought. When he reached the Astronomy Tower, he went to one of his bookshelves and consulted it as he looked up towards the three new shining stars next to another bright star. His face became troubled as the bright star dimmed a little. The star of the rightful queen is dimming, he thought as dread filled his entire body. 

"The star of the rightful heir..." he softly whispered as he looked on thoughtfully at one of the shining stars.


 

 Minister In Pyo rubbed his forehead as he listened to another report from his steward.It had been a tiring day, and it did not sit well with him as his adopted daughter Hae Soo, was still unconcious and her babies remained unnamed. The steward, realizing his lord's mind was somewhere else, stopped his report. The lord turned to him in confusion. "What is wrong, Ryeong?" he asked. "The lady will be fine, my lord. Lady Soo survived birthing three babiesm Surely she can get better." the steward, Ryeong, replied. "But she also has a disease of the heart. And she should be awake by now.I worry for her children too."

The steward immediately stiffened. "About the children....my lord, the lady is the mother to the firstborn of the-" "Do not say it!" the minister interrupted him. After a few minutes, In Pyo sighed. "I am sorry for the outburst. But if word got out that Hae Soo has given birth to the firstborn of the king, and a son at that, the queen will not hesitate to kill him to secure the throne for her own son. If she ever had a son. Do you understand?" The steward bowed. "I understand fully, my lord."

 As the steward was about to leave the room, there was a knock and a maid burst in. "My lord!" the maid called. "What has happened?" he asked her. "Lady Soo has awakened. And she is now in stable condition." she happily reported. Hope surged in him as he heard those words. "Lead me to her chambers." he ordered.

"Soo.." the minister said as he took in his niece's slightly pale face. "Uncle, where are my children?" she asked immediately. 

He only smiled. "See for yourself, dear niece." Soo's eyes watered as she finally saw the three bundles wrapped in soft silk. Stretching her arms out, she held her firstborn and she felt a bond immediately forming between a mother and its child. "His name..will be Lee Hwon. My son. My adul. He will be strong, handsome and intelligent. Like his father." she proclaimed. In Pyo smiled a good name, Soo. What about your second?" he gestured at the other boy who was fussing and let out an indignant cry. Soo only smiled fondly as she gave Lee Hwon to a wetnurse.

Peering, she could only smile as she saw a male version of her face reflected on her son's features, but she noted how her second had also shared some distinct features with his father. " Kang Chul...my baby. With such a cute face." The steward who came with her uncle chuckled as he imagined a young cute boy surrounded by girls. "With his cuteness, my lady. He is bound to be a great catch among noble ladies." After Kang Chul, came her daughter. Her only daughter. She blinked her eyes in shock as she came face to face with a miniature version of herself.

"She looks a lot like you, Soo. What shall you name your daughter?" the minister asked. Soo looked up and then turned her attention back to the bundle in her arms. "Hae Seol..like pure snow." The two men only smiled when they heard the baby girl's name.

"Hae Seol..A fitting name for her, my lady." the steward slowly said.

"Lee Hwon, Kang Chul and Hae Seol. Do not worry, Soo my dear niece. I will do everything in my power to protect them, and also you. And I will help you in gaining support from Hae Clan." Minister In Pyo said.

Soo looked at her uncle and bowed to him in gratitude. "Thank you, uncle. Thank you for your help and generosity." The lady resolved and promiswd to herself that she wil protect her children with all that she can do.

I....will protect all of you.....