Lee Hwon

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

As Lee Hwon left his mother's quarters, he saw a shadow move across the pavilion. Suspicious, he followed the shadow carefully and gripped his sword, ready to use it when needed. When the shadow stopped moving, he pounced. The shadow turned and blocked his attack as it spun around to meet him. Lee Hwon went for his abdomen and hit it with the pommel of his sword.The shadow immediately fell to the ground in pain.

The young man unsheathed his sword and held it to the mysterious figure's neck. "Who are you?" he demanded. The figure only sighed  as it laid down the hood. Lee Hwon stumbled backward in shock as the figure revealed to be Kim Da Hyeon, his bethrothed. "Da Hyeon-ah, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at your quarters, sleeping?" he finally asked, after regaining from his shock.

The lady only smiled softly as she looked at him. "I couldn't sleep." she merely replied as she started walking towards her private quarters, Lee Hwon following behind her. "And why is that?" he said. Da Hyeon turned to look at him, worry in her dark eyes. "I heard from my father. The Queen and the Hwangbo Clan are interested in bethrothing you to someone else inside their clan," she said after a moment. "I refused the offer." the now infuriated young man squared his shoulders. "I know you would. You always keep your word." As they slowly walked to Da Hyeon's quarters, Lee Hwon reassured the girl of his promise. "Even if they try pursuade me otherwise. They will fail. You know that, do you?" he asked, gently holding her hand as her eyes met his.

When Da Yeon looked into his eyes, her heart skipped a beat and she smiled. "Of course. The years we spent together weren't just for nothing. Everybody knows that." Lee Hwon could only smile as he continued walking, shoes softly thumping on the ground. "Who in this whole world would dare tear us apart? I would like to meet him, and challenge him." The young woman nudged him, her tone playful. "And that man will beat you to the ground!" 

A woman approached them as they reached her rooms. "Aghassi! Aghassi, you had us worried. We almost reported your disappearance to Lady Soo. Aigoo, is that dirt on your chima? What are we to do with you, Aghassi?" The woman, Lady Jom In, noticed Lee Hwon who bowed respectfully to her.and gasped. "You-Young Lord!" she stuttered,bowing low to him. He held up a hand, gesturing for her to not to bow. "There's no need to bow." his face returned to its calm face, making his features sharp.

He turned to look at Da Yeon. "Get some rest. The festivities will resume tomorrow. And Eommeoni will want you to attend our morning meal." At her surprised look, he chuckled. "You know Eommeoni, Da Yeon-ah. She would want to spend more time with you before returning to your hometown."

The next day, Lee Hwon hurried over to Da Yeon's quarters, pausing at the door as he looked at the flowers he had just picked for her. Will she like it? he asked himself. "Hyungnim." he turned around to see his younger brother Kang Chul, who, when he noticed the flowers in his brother's hands smirked. "For Da Yeon? Hyungnim, maybe we should tell Eomeonni to forward the date of your wedding."

Kang Chul could only laugh at his brother's reaction. Lee Hwon looked too uncomfortable, so unlike his cool demeanor."Well, I thinkyou should just give it to her. And I know she will appreciate it. Good luck, Hyungnim." The younger brother waved as he walked away towards the pavilion hall.

The young man entered the quarters and knocked on the main room. "Da Yeon-ah, are you there?" he asked. "Lee Hwon-ah! You are here?" Da Yeon said as she opened the door.

Lee Hwon gaped at her as he saw her wearing golden yellow chima and a white and blue shirt and a fine grey colored coat. On her head, was a jade hairpin, a gift he had the finest accesory maker in Pyeongjang made. The jade hairpin had a few pearls and a touch of precious gold inlaid on the center.

Remembering the flowers, he held it to her. "Your favorite.I saw it and immediately thought of you.Isn't it pretty?" "Many thanks, Lee Hwon-ah" she turned to look at him and smiled.

As they walked, Lee Hwon and Da Yeon talked. Unknown to them, a youn woman saw them and becae jealous as she gazed at the young woman walking beside the young lord.

 

And here it is! I am so sorry if my chapters are a bit too short. I am just experiencing a major writer's block. And I just updated right now because of General and I. It's a Chinese drama about a strong female lead, she is a brilliant military strategist and about a prince-general who falls in love with each other. They are both played by Angela Baby and Wallace Chung. Trust me guys, it is so awesome.

Bye guys and I hope you like this update!

Shana13