The Journey (Part 1)

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

Soo sat in her room, thinking about the king's impending arrival.Will he immediately know? she thought with dread. She feared what will happen, more so than when her children was born. When the elders knew who was the father of the three newborns, they wanted to install Lee Hwon as the rightful heir and Crown Prince and her as Queen. But she rejected the plan and remided them who the Queen was. She wanted power, recognition and her son to become King, she thought. But there was a steep price. Her son Lee Hwon will be the Hae Clan's heir, and their next leader. Kang Chul, the general of their private army. But when she thought about it, her children took to their responsibilities as though it was their dream. She smiled as she thought about them. Lee Hwon resembles his father too much she thought fondly.

A shadow from behind her broke her from her thoughts, Soo turned around to see Sung Jin. He bowed to her. "You wanted to talk to me, my lady?" he asked. Sung Jin had decided to become her personal bodyguard. He had been adamant though she had said that she didn't need one. And she soon relented.

Shaking her thoughts away, she nodded at him. "Yes. I want you to call Lee Hwon, Kang Chul and Seol. I have something to tell them." "I will do so right away." he responded. As he turned away to exit the room, Soo stopped him. "Also, call the elders for a meeting.Tell them to wait for me at the meeting room. I will come after my talk with my children." Sung Jin nodded again and exited the room.


"Eommeoni, you wanted to talk to us?" Lee Hwon asked as he entered the room and bowed to her. His mother set down her cup, looking serious and calm. He wasn't surprised at the least when his mother called for him, Kang Chul and Seol. Lady Soo always invited her children to drink with her during tea time. Even during lunch or dinner, with his younger siblings and his grandfather. Minister Hae In Pyo was always present during the early years of his childhood, but as time passed, his visits became limited as he was still a minister of the royal court from the Hae Clan. "Hyungnim! You're here." a voice said when he sat down. Lee Hwon jumped a little in shock as he heard his younger brother Kang Chul's voice. Kang Chhul was known throughout Pyeongjang as Silent Feet, able to slip in without anyone ever noticing him. When he saw his older brother's reaction, he smirked playfully as he sat down . "Hyungnim. You should be used to it by now!" he cheerfully said. "Aish, you saw wrong." Lee Hwon quickly denied, closing his eyes and crossing his legs. Before he could retort, Kang Chul was interrupted. "My lady, Lady Seol has arrived." "Let her enter." The door opened to reveal Seol who brightly smiled, lighting up her usually serene and calm face.

The young lady wore a light blue hanbok with butterflies and peonies across the chest. "Greetings, eommeoni."she said to her mother. Soo smiled fondly at all of them. Seol sat down and nodded in thanks to te maid as she laid a cup of tean in front of her.

After the maid left, there was a moment of silene before their mother broke it. "The king is going to visit." It startled the three, and thankfully none of them have started drinking the tea. "The king wants to see the famous Pyeongjang spring festival. Lee Hwon-ah, you will take a group of men and the king and his entourage. Kang Chul, you will assist your brother. Seol, you will help me in preparing the rooms and the private residence. Do you understand?" at her children's nod of approval, she smiled.


"My lady, this is dangerous! The king coming here, we are risking the secret we have kept faithfully for the last 19 years!" one of the Hae Clan elders argued, his eyes showing his fear. "And you want us to not follow the king's will? Doing so would cause us death!" another one said. "I know that. But we must not show them that we are hiding something." At her statement, all of the elders went quiet and looked at her.

"Lady Soo is right. If we proceed and follow the king's will, it will put a stop to the suspicions the other clans and the Queen have in regards to the children. Lee Hwon is the heir to the Hae Clan and must be carefully guarded. And if the suspicions stop, the danger they will undergo will be lessened, don't you all think so?" Elder Shin Geum said, drawing approvals from the elders.

And so, the elders consented to the king's visit to Pyeongjang.


In Cheondeokjon, the king read one of the scrolls as Jimong stood and patiently waited for him. The king, formerly called 4th Prince Wang So, sighed and put aside his scroll. "Jimong, do you think that I made a wise decision? I want to know." The astronomer carefully thought on his words. "People, sometimes need to listen to their heart. And I think the king listened wisely to his heart." he responded.

And you will soon restore the them to their rightful place, Pyeha he thought as he looked at the king who smiled, something he hasn't done since Lady Hae Soo left the palace. He knew better now. Knew how it was folly, separating two stars made for each other.

And the son will return to his rightful place, soon................


2 weeks later, Pyeogjang was bustling with activity as merchants,and other people shopped and prepared for the famous Pyeongjang spring festival and for the king's visit. A group of men riding horses left the main Hae Clan complex swiftly and travelled towards the direction where the king and his entourage was currently situated.

When they reached the camp, the leader quickly disembarked from his horse and approached the main tent, his companions following him. The soldiers guarding the tent seeing the colors of the Hae Clan on their clothing, bowed and allowed them entrance.

They entered and saw a large chair with the king sitting on it and a long table in front of him. The group immediately bowed and went to their knees. "Greetings, Pyeha." The leader spoke up.

He looked up. "I am Lee Hwon of Hong Jin Hae Clan. I am here to you to your temporary residence."



And that's it! We are quickly approaching the SoSoo meeting after so many years. I hope you all enjoyed it.

ADVANCED HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!!