For You....

The Unfinished Tale (to be edited)

Sometimes you have to sacrifice something that matters to you...to offer something that matters more to someone else


Previously.....

"Wh-what did you say? Pregnancy?Me?" 

"Yes, my lady. The baby is healthy, based from my inspection. But.." the physician seemed unsure to say something. Soo felt alarmed, her heart skipped a beat. "Whatever it is you want to say to me, say it now." she finally said after a moment of calming herself down.

"Your fragile body might not be able to take strain of carrying a baby.And if you choose to carry the baby to full term, you have a possibility of dying in childbirth. Or you might die from a..miscarriage." When the physician told her of the complications, her mind spun.

What will So think about this news? Soo thought as the physician waited for her response. Knowing So, the lady knew that the 4th Prince will do everything to keep her alive and well. He loved her enough to defy the king. He will do so this time, only it would be killing his own child.

Trying to keep in her terror for her child, she asked again. " And what if I do choose to carry my baby to full term, and manage to survive through childbirth?" The physician's face turned sad. "If you do manage to survive, the stress of childbirth on your body will cause your health to decline. But I believe that with the right medicine and care,  you will be able to carry the child through full term and both to survive childbirth. And after that, perhaps a tonic to avoid heart palpitations and also for you to get back your strength." Soo felt hope bloom in her chest. "You will have to avoid stress and being worried constantly, my lady. I advice that you leave the palace for a short while  to avoid any miscarriage." The lady nodded in understanding.

She will have to leave the palace. The place was filled with danger along its walls. If people knew about her pregnancy, they woukd not hesitate to use it as a leverage over the king.

 This baby will be his first born, she realized with fear. Remembering the queen's statement of her son sitting on the throne of Goryeo, she knew that instead of the Queen's son, it will be her child to sit on it. By law of ascension and by order of birth, her child will be chosen, if her firstborn will be a boy. And the queen will do everything to prevent that from happening, including endangering the child's safety as it grows or causing her a miscarriage. Just like how the previous Queen did to Lady Oh and framed the Hwangbo Clan for it.

Coming to a decision, she faced the physician once more. "Everything that we discussed today must be kept a secret from everyone. Including the king." she said to him. The physician looked shocked though he tried to hide it. "But my lady, this concerns the king also. This child will be his firstborn." She stared at the man. " My child will be in more danger if the news spreads out that I am carrying his first child. Do you understand? No one must know.No one."